AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-10-21, 03:04   Link #1061
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Great episode, the pacing is just perfect this episode. What's more interesting is that the memory loss doesn't seem to be perfect it seems, if Mio staring in the last part of the episode is any indication...I really enjoy the 'teaching Keima' moments as well, BMW last episode and a Heidi this episode. Like Elsie, it looks great voiced and animated.

I don't know why it takes 3 episodes, but the opening is now stuck in my head, I've been humming "God only knows" since this morning...
Old 2010-10-21, 03:27   Link #1062
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
I think Katsuragi's school uniform makes him look more elegant than the suit did though.
I'll agree with that, and i'm sure a lot of people here will, though we have to remember that it's a school uniform, one that the students see everyday, so it's no way near as special looking as we make it out to be.

That especially goes for Mio, who looked down on commoners.
Old 2010-10-21, 03:55   Link #1063
Clarste
Human

Keep in mind that he also took off his glasses, so he has a different image overall.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 04:41   Link #1064
tsunade666

even the moon adds the dazzling aura to the god, Mio can't resist it

and when Mio touch kami... blush and mio blush too. It's just too sweet. also when after the memory lost when Mio ask how much to buy the bread. kami also blush

kami is being too sensitive towards the reality even though he rejects it.
Old 2010-10-21, 05:27   Link #1065
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Is it just me, or ending theme is getting more and more likeable each time I hear, and now taking over my love for OP theme? I just love how it sounds, especially the violin parts.
Old 2010-10-21, 05:45   Link #1066
DestinyShinigami

DestinyShinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 05:52   Link #1067
coderlan
Student

When is the OP going to be released?
coderlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 07:16   Link #1068
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderlan View Post
When is the OP going to be released?
The 3rd of November.
Old 2010-10-21, 08:23   Link #1069
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-21, 08:58   Link #1070
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Zaku carriage...

Elsie wanting to dress up too was just too much cute.. hngggh

It's becoming apparent why Keima's VA was chosen - he sounds absolutely hilarious when he shouts/screams.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 09:02   Link #1071
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I think this episode was key to showing why God Only Knows is more than just a galge fantasy played out in Keima's "real life". Keima isn't really releasing the spirits by romancing the girls. He's actually healing the "gaps in the heart" that each one has. He helps Ayumi overcome her fear that she'll let the team down during the big race. Now he helps Mio come to accept her father's death.

His "romantic" antics from the gaming world get him attention and make him a part of their life, but they actually don't get him anywhere with the girls. It isn't until he finds the true concern and addresses it that he succeeds in romance.

The obvious conclusion is that it isn't the romance that is necessary, it's just the need to heal the emotional wounds that each girl has. Keima is just using romance as his framework since it's the only way he has of managing to relate to real girls. (By pretending they are 2D girls.)

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 09:05   Link #1072
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Hmm I don't know if anyone else has the same opinion as me but somehow, the part where it was getting towards the climax/kiss scene seemed kinda...bland? I'm not sure why but it felt really, REALLY stale, as if something was missing. I guess? it was due to the lack of "oomph" to it.

The carriage part was one of the parts I was really looking forward to from the manga. A bike pulled by a train xD.

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 09:17   Link #1073
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Meh decided to skip blogging episode 2 due to exams and time issues. Going straight for episode 3 this time.
Mistake. You'll miss out on the moment Keima's mother finds out about Else, and the Mio arc started in episode 2.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 09:40   Link #1074
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Mistake. You'll miss out on the moment Keima's mother finds out about Else, and the Mio arc started in episode 2.
I've seen it and read the manga. Just decided not to blog it and skip blogging to episode 3 because my brain was too shot last week from exams.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 09:58   Link #1075
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post

The kiss scene!

Can I have this?

EDIT:

way to big for avatar

Quote:

Can I use this?

Last edited by tsunade666; 2010-10-21 at 10:30.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 11:31   Link #1076
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Spoiler for TWGWOK 03 - The Fanfare of Hiro Shimono:
Spoiler for Kami nomi 03:

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoman190 View Post
Spoiler for The best way doing the waltz is the Konami code almost!:
That's how I remember it as well, but there were several variants of the Konami code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konami_Code

The Japanese page lists all games with Konami code ("Konami command" in Japanese) in more detail:
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%...83%B3%E3%83%89

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecocYaotl View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Anyway, here's an AMV TWGOK with the full version of "The Dream Traveler of The Integrated Circuit (The Third Act)"

Thanks, the full version is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
What's more interesting is that the memory loss doesn't seem to be perfect it seems, if Mio staring in the last part of the episode is any indication...
I think that while the memory loss is complete, the girls retain an indistinct sympathy for Keima. So, the girls still like him somehow, even if when asked, they probably couldn't explain why.

Quote:
Loved the cuteness of Mio when young particularly at these parts=>
Spoiler:
One thing I found a little strange is that she seems to be too young to already be in school, much less carrying that type of roll you usually get when you graduate from some type of school, so she would be going to middle school next already. She doesn't look like that at all, but rather very much looks like a kindergarten kid there
That does remind me very much of Suzu.
Old 2010-10-21, 11:54   Link #1077
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Spoiler for Kami nomi 03:

Spoiler for 3:

Spoiler:

Spoiler for 3:

Quote:
I think that while the memory loss is complete, the girls retain an indistinct sympathy for Keima. So, the girls still like him somehow, even if when asked, they probably couldn't explain why.
Spoiler for 3:

Quote:
One thing I found a little strange is that she seems to be too young to already be in school, much less carrying that type of roll you usually get when you graduate from some type of school, so she would be going to middle school next already. She doesn't look like that at all, but rather very much looks like a kindergarten kid there
That does remind me very much of Suzu.
Mio is overkill cute for me and among all the girls she's my favorite my avatar:sig combo tell so

Suzu from setokai nice reference. Both twintails too >< so adorable

Last edited by tsunade666; 2010-10-21 at 14:53.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 12:39   Link #1078
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Spoiler for 3:
I will agree with that and that dress was elegant particularly with the flowers on it.
Quote:
Spoiler for 3:
I would not mind going to that part to find out what's it about....reference chapter please or PM me that.
Quote:
Mio is overkill cute for me and among all the girls she's my favorite my avatar:sig combo tell so
Now I know your sig better.
Suzu from setokai nice reference. Both twintails too >< so adorable[/QUOTE]
I think this part=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/e2e02c56.gif
of her is hard to beat and I would not mind for that to see Mio in casual clothing like this but being in the dress was fine too.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 13:18   Link #1079
tsunade666

I would like to see the omake animated too.....dvd/bluray extra?

suzu is adorable specially when it's her what to call it omake or show it suzu portion.

Tsundere girls are just adorable and I rarely find any of that kind in the real world. Pure sure are rare.

flowers would also be adorable with laces on it.
Old 2010-10-21, 13:35   Link #1080
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

I find it strange, or weird, that there's two things I laughed the most about in this episode: Elsie trash can, and... it seems like the loss of memory erases more than just, well, memories.

Someone explain to me where did all that bread go It's obvious there was no way to finish all that for even a week, so I say it went into the Elsie trash can

(yeah I'm just joking, but that's important too. Despite the loss of memory she still knew what [bread] she wanted. Makes me wish I remembered the taste of that great Bratwurst and Brochen combo back in Germany.)

Quote:
I wonder if it's something like those memory alteration theories or something, like about the forceful (non-self inflicted) removal of memories, which apparently doesn't entirely erase memories. Hmm...
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen