AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2011-10-08, 17:34   Link #41
Undertaker

The last episode was also stand along arc. It is the " bad ending" of the game, so to speak. The girl in that episode is the secret character in the game that only appears in you failed to confess any of the main heroines.

But glad you liked Amagami, this will open up more title like Kimikiss and Tokimeki Memorial: Only Love. It also seems our taste in arc are similar, the one you like most are all in my top three with Tsukasa"s arc right behind it.
Old 2011-10-08, 17:42   Link #42
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Anyways, watching TWGOK and i'm enjoing it; i find it quite funny
Spoiler for ep 4:

Anyways, After this one, will watch kimikiss and the other. Thanks again for replying
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 17:58   Link #43
Undertaker

No problem, just keep in mind those two titles might be a bit slower plot-wise since they are full blown series.

But that really is the the beauty of TWGOK. The main character is smart and logical. While you can either enjoy the story as mini romance comedy or view it from its overall plot.
Old 2011-10-08, 22:17   Link #44
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Noticed that TWGOK doesn't contain things like "protagonist finding himself in embarrasing situations like unwillingly grabbing tits, or finding his face in some girl's pants"; those are situations that imo contribute to jealousy from the main female protagonist, that add that spicy thingie to the anime. This is a particular i kinda require. So far, in almost all the animes proposed that i watched, the protagonist often found himself in weird situations, like staring at someone's pants, or grabbing tits for no reason (basically, he could be easily labeled as pervert)

Anyways, after having temporarily dropped it, i switched to shuffle, but i noticed i had a BAD concept of "harem" anime; a guy that is depressed because surrounded by 6+ girls who want him, what the fuck.... i thought that 3-4 occasional were enough, and in zero they are occasional, since the main girls are just 2-3 (zero, maid, princess)... Also, i didn't like much the demons/gods popping out from nowhere like it was normal. I don't like much plots like this, that take weird things as true facts; this is also the reason why i dropped Dragon Crisis (Appears too random to me). In Zero no Tsukaima and Shakugan no Shana, story was explained since the beginning, but it always started from a normal world.

Ouran High School Host Club didn't appeal me even from far because of some things i found in the description: reverse harem(i do not want sausage fest anime), and wealthy guys(aka lords with big egos/retards, in most cases).

Tried watching the first episode of Kimikiss, but i only find horrid-syncronized versions, that suck dick.

Just found a title that, as far as the screenshots are concerned, might fulfill some of my requests: Rosario to Vampire

It's not like i'm really seeking vampire/monster/blood stories, but if it's not too much focused on that, i might give it a try. I actually will do so now.

Btw, new tags to add: ecchi, panty shots, shit i'm still a man.
Old 2011-10-08, 23:27   Link #45
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Hmm...for me, Rosario+Vampire(especially the anime) is....so so, I guess. Personally, I find the concept/story (school for demons) is half-baked. The makers didn’t even try to dig deeply into it and only scratch the surface. It’s like the so called ‘demon school’ is just needed as a mere background for the harem romance to develop. Yes, it is a comedy, but that’s no reason for half-baked story, unlike The World God Only Knows (for example) who fully embrace its concept (conquering real women by dating-sims methods) to the small details.

(to me) The characters are also boring. Yes, there is a tsundere main girl (personality, in this case), which is the only saving grace of this show. The main guy is ‘very weak’ not only physically, but also in character. Yes, he is good natured and he gets the occasional vampiric power-up, but it doesn’t save his weak character. The girls surrounding him has no (interesting) characteristics except from some ‘archetypes’ like shy, lusty, cool/quiet, loli, etc. After only some minor development, those girls totally worship the main-guy and would do anything for him which is rather bland for my taste.

Sorry if some R+V fans are offended, I really mean no harm ^_^. I'm not trying to trash this anime or prevent anybody to watch it. Those are just my opinion/description of Rosario+Vampire. If you think that you’ll enjoy the series, feel free to go ahead ^_^.

PS: It IS ecchi and DOES have some occasional panty shots if that's a plus for you ^_^.
Old 2011-10-09, 00:37   Link #46
Undertaker

R+V is more of traditional harem and ecchi anime, I had a feeling that was what you are actually enjoys the most. I'm also assuming you are fine with fantasy stuff as long az it was explained early in the series instead of just assume the setting as fact. In that case definitely try out Ladies v.s. Butlers, Baka and Test, ToAru series, Infinite Stratos, Asobe no IkuYo, Princess Lover, Dog Days, etc. There are tons of choices for you to try.
Old 2011-10-09, 07:19   Link #47
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Currently watching R+V and it kinda has what i was looking for; yes, plot-wise might not be even an overall good anime, already seen personalities, but it fits many requests.

Since you guessed many animes i liked, i'll give a chance to Ladies vs Butlers and the other you named, after i finish this one.

Thanks again for your replies.
Old 2011-10-09, 13:03   Link #48
Undertaker

Other than ToAru you should able to tell if you would enjoy those series by the end of first episode. Toaru takes longer because it's more similar to Shana that it has more tiely knotted story but much better character interaction, IMO.
Old 2011-10-09, 13:18   Link #49
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Undertaker, have you seen Kimagure Orange Road anime? Would it be okay if we suggest it? I ask coz I’ve never seen the anime, but I’ve read the manga. It’s romantic, funny, the girl(s) have great characters, and it ends well. Still, I wonder if there’s a fansub of it coz it’s OLD.
Old 2011-10-09, 14:11   Link #50
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Just for your information: i don't like old animes, no matter how good they are. Sorry, i have to correct myself: it's not that i don't like them, because i enjoyed some series like Lupin, or other ancient animes, and appreciated them but, currently i'm not looking for that. I looked what Kimagure Orange Road was about, and can tell you immediatly i won't like it, because of the 80's style. Tbh, i actually wish i had lived in the 80's, but as far as this genre is concerned, i prefer recent works.

Considering the genre, it should be at least from 2005++, better if recent, because i enjoy good graphics and art design when it comes to girls. Don't take my statement in a bad way, it's just that for this genre i prefer recent animes.

If they aren't that ancient, or even being old, they share the same graphics as other animes i named before, it's okay.

Anyways, currently watching second season of R+W, and even tho the plot is simple, almost blank in some ways, almost poor of originality, i still like it, because it respects some of the features i was looking for. Some scenes are repeated, combats are demential and often end within 2 mins with 1 kick: overall, from an external point of view, i would consider it a mediocre anime, but i'm not caring much about it, considering it was what i was looking for at the moment.

One day i'll prolly spit on this work, and wonder why i ever watched it, but currently i feel like it. Hope you understood what i wanted to communicate to you.
Old 2011-10-09, 14:38   Link #51
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
One day i'll prolly spit on this work, and wonder why i ever watched it, but currently i feel like it. Hope you understood what i wanted to communicate to you.
No problem, I'm more than understand about people's preference . yeah, I mention Kimagure coz I just finished the manga and I think it's very good. As I mention before, I've never seen the anime. That's why I even doubt about recommending it .

Oh yeah, for R+V, if I'm not mistaken, the manga is still on-going. So if the anime follows the story of the manga, it won't have any definitive end too.

Yeah, it's a shame that many good animes come from mangas & light novels that's still on-going. So the problem for most of them is either filler episodes or some made-up/inferior/cliffhanger endings. It's sad, really.

EDIT: Oh yeah, have you seen Maburaho? I think if you like R+V you'll like this too. The story is as interesting and better yet, it has a definitive ending or so. Then again, I guess your holiday time is over, right? So, good luck studying in college ^_^.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2011-10-09 at 15:06.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 15:26   Link #52
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Undertaker, have you seen Kimagure Orange Road anime? Would it be okay if we suggest it? I ask coz I’ve never seen the anime, but I’ve read the manga. It’s romantic, funny, the girl(s) have great characters, and it ends well. Still, I wonder if there’s a fansub of it coz it’s OLD.
Yes, but that was a long time though. If I remember correctly, the amine is actually different to the manga a bit. It is still great but its more close to pure romance title like kimikiss than mayoi chiki. And it lack the little freakiness that amagami have.
Old 2011-10-09, 17:16   Link #53
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Watched the first episode of Ladies Vs Butlers, and found it fucking funny; basically got everything: sexy girls, SITUATIONS, the main guy being some sort of gross delinquent-looking boy, a girl that seems to be tsundere, and don't know what more.

Going to watch all the episodes. Thanks again for suggesting this title.
Old 2011-10-09, 17:55   Link #54
Undertaker

No problem, like I said, other than ToAru series, you should be able to judge them on first episode along and since you like Shakugan no Shana you should also enjoy ToAru as well. As both series got similar feel to them but I consider ToAru to be the better series, not to mention the main character is focus on the guy their are more interating girls. Though the series is pretty long with three related season of 24 each.

But glade you like LvB, you'll definitely like Baka and Test, Infinite Stratos, Asobe no IkuYo, and other titles I've mentioned a few post earlier. They are all short and enjoyable.
Old 2011-10-09, 18:02   Link #55
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Tomorrow uni starts, and i won't have internet until friday, so well, see you then. I'll watch some other episode of LvsB, since i'm really liking it. Btw, the male protagonist somehow reminds me of yusuke of yu yu hakusho.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2011-10-09 at 18:48.
Old 2011-10-09, 23:19   Link #56
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Hmm...for me, Rosario+Vampire(especially the anime) is....so so, I guess. Personally, I find the concept/story (school for demons) is half-baked. The makers didn’t even try to dig deeply into it and only scratch the surface. It’s like the so called ‘demon school’ is just needed as a mere background for the harem romance to develop. Yes, it is a comedy, but that’s no reason for half-baked story, unlike The World God Only Knows (for example) who fully embrace its concept (conquering real women by dating-sims methods) to the small details.

(to me) The characters are also boring. Yes, there is a tsundere main girl (personality, in this case), which is the only saving grace of this show. The main guy is ‘very weak’ not only physically, but also in character. Yes, he is good natured and he gets the occasional vampiric power-up, but it doesn’t save his weak character. The girls surrounding him has no (interesting) characteristics except from some ‘archetypes’ like shy, lusty, cool/quiet, loli, etc. After only some minor development, those girls totally worship the main-guy and would do anything for him which is rather bland for my taste.

Sorry if some R+V fans are offended, I really mean no harm ^_^. I'm not trying to trash this anime or prevent anybody to watch it. Those are just my opinion/description of Rosario+Vampire. If you think that you’ll enjoy the series, feel free to go ahead ^_^.

PS: It IS ecchi and DOES have some occasional panty shots if that's a plus for you ^_^.
Quote:
Currently watching R+V and it kinda has what i was looking for; yes, plot-wise might not be even an overall good anime, already seen personalities, but it fits many requests.

Since you guessed many animes i liked, i'll give a chance to Ladies vs Butlers and the other you named, after i finish this one.

Thanks again for your replies.
Quote:
Anyways, currently watching second season of R+W, and even tho the plot is simple, almost blank in some ways, almost poor of originality, i still like it, because it respects some of the features i was looking for. Some scenes are repeated, combats are demential and often end within 2 mins with 1 kick: overall, from an external point of view, i would consider it a mediocre anime, but i'm not caring much about it, considering it was what i was looking for at the moment.

... as a fan of R+V, I can say that the majority of fans of that series around here love the manga to death, and view the anime as a complete abomination. While we don't take it to the level that tsukihime fans do (the Tsukihime fans won't even acknowledge that an anime of that series was made; it was that bad compared to the original VN source), there's a not-so-small group of the series fans that want a remake of it. The first season was good until the last two episodes, and the second season was just plain horrible, beginning to end. Which is why we recommend taking up the manga once you've seen the anime
Quote:
No problem, I'm more than understand about people's preference . yeah, I mention Kimagure coz I just finished the manga and I think it's very good. As I mention before, I've never seen the anime. That's why I even doubt about recommending it .

Oh yeah, for R+V, if I'm not mistaken, the manga is still on-going. So if the anime follows the story of the manga, it won't have any definitive end too.

Yeah, it's a shame that many good animes come from mangas & light novels that's still on-going. So the problem for most of them is either filler episodes or some made-up/inferior/cliffhanger endings. It's sad, really.

EDIT: Oh yeah, have you seen Maburaho? I think if you like R+V you'll like this too. The story is as interesting and better yet, it has a definitive ending or so. Then again, I guess your holiday time is over, right? So, good luck studying in college ^_^.
The R+V manga is very different from the anime... so much better on countless levels. For instance, it actually has a plot... and has what can be called a "good dosage" of ecchi, comedy and romance to it

[/end rant about the R+V anime]

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 00:48   Link #57
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I like when the real fans actually give out good reasons in defense of their beloved work, instead of mindlessly raging at people. You actually even admitted that the anime is crap compared to the manga, and i thank you for this, because you gave me a good reason to also check the manga.

Anyways, i'm liking much LvsB, probably because of the borderline hentai characteristic, with loads of fanservice. If there is something else like this, name it. (Btw, is the male protagonist of LvsB gay or smth? I mean, he often happens to be grabbing tits, or to stick his face on someone's pants, but doesn't actually seem to be very excited by it. Will give him a chance next week, when i'll finish the series)

I also checked Princess Lover,Kanokon and Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka in Anime-planet, and from the screenshots i'd say i would really enjoy them. The first one has been proposed, so i'm not surprised i found it but, as far as the others are concerned, i don't actually have any opinion about them coming from you. If you watched them, can you let me know if they would appeal me?

Now moving to uni, cya friday.
Old 2011-10-11, 17:55   Link #58
Undertaker

Since we are talking about R+V, Here is my 2 cents.

I'm with Magin on this one that the manga is much better than anime, mainly due to budget restraint and the fact that the title was not popular enough to support a long series which allows them to incorporate manga plot. (second season was a surprise for most).

However, as for as it's place in the ecchi/harem manga go, I still find it to be just slightly above average. the mangaka definitely had talent, but his pacing and frame layout needs works. Story-wise, I find it to be a bet lacking compare to the elite of the genre (and I'm not even putting Light-Novel adaptions into this) say Negima, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, and Sora no Otoshimono (All highly recommended if you decide to go read manga, anime adaption are all not quite as good except Sora no Otoshimono). Though I will said R+V is arguably better than Tenjou Tenge and Ikkitousen plot-wise.

In the end, I see it as a so-so title for average fans but above-average title for harem/ecchi fan, a guilty-pleasure type title that is very enjoyable but not spectacular.
Old 2011-10-11, 23:43   Link #59
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I also checked Princess Lover, Kanokon and Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka in Anime-planet, and from the screenshots i'd say i would really enjoy them. The first one has been proposed, so i'm not surprised i found it but, as far as the others are concerned, i don't actually have any opinion about them coming from you. If you watched them, can you let me know if they would appeal me?
Princess Lover: Yeah, go for it & see if you like it.

Kanokon: Haven't seen this yet.

Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka:
This is also what I called a so-so anime storywise, but since you like R+V, there's a chance that you'll like this too. Let me give you a little description:

Tsundere main-girl check
A horde of pretty girls check
Indecisive but not so weak main-guy check
Hilarious situations check
Some episodes are going nowhere check
Fanservice (ecchi) double check
Incest (brother-sister) love check
Note: Until the end of the anime, it's still hazy whether they're related by blood or not.

Well, there you go.
Old 2011-10-14, 09:08   Link #60
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Got back from uni just a while ago.

Today i'll finish LvsB, then i'll go for princess lover. I will later expose a list with rankings on the animes I watched, so that you might suggest something else. I re-read my first post, and after i gathered some experience in jap animation, i'd say that i would discard many of the things i was looking for:

First of all, i discovered i don't actually like harem that much. It's not correct. I like if there are many girls around the main guy, but i don't like that ALL the girls want the guy for no reason (See Shuffle: 923823 girls that want to marry the main guy, wtf, there isn't even pleasure in this). I actually prefer that the guy is unsure who he really loves, and the girls should actually give him some hard times. If they all want to marry him for no reason, it's just too easy; do you get what i mean?

I also like loads of fanservice and the hentai-borderline characteristic (like in LvsB). Why not directly hentai? Just too much fucking, and horribly short/nonsense plots. I like animes with plots, but i also like when they are spicy.

Anyways, stories like Amagami SS (First Arc) were actually perfect, excellent. As i said, i will make a list later, with 2 sets of votes (The first vote is referred to the anime genre i was looking for; basically, 9/10 would mean that the anime contained 90% of what i was looking for, no matter how bad-plotted/shit it was. The second vote will be about the anime itself, not taking into account the genre; therefore, animes like bakemonogatari, that i wouldn't rate high, as far as the first vote is concerned, will get a payback with the second vote, being an overall good and particular anime)

See you later

Last edited by Classified Info; 2011-10-14 at 14:53.