AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2007-01-14, 13:50   Link #41
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Thread created.

I'm sure there are some but I don't seem to find any mention of fanfics here at AnimeSuki (none in the Fan Creations forum for example).

I would like to see some more support of such a thread before creating it. If there is some support then someone needs to create the introduction for the first post. Post in this thread as if you were starting the thread and I can then split it off and use it to create a Fanfic thread.
My mistake, I meant a fanfic section within the Code Geass thread.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 14:14   Link #42
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
My mistake, I meant a fanfic section within the Code Geass thread.
I now don't understand what you mean

Do you want a sub-forum created within the Code Geass forum specifically for Code Geass fanfics? That's not going to happen, sorry.

I notice you posted earlier in another thread that you wanted to create a CG fanfic, are you looking for a site to host it? If so, then AnimeSuki doesn't do that, if there is demand for CG fanfic discussion then we could create a thread (for the discussion) but we do not specifically create forums for fanfics.

If I remember there is an anime fanfic site where people post their fanfics (sorry don't remember the details since I've never visited the site, this is just from memory). If we create a fanfic thread then you can then post links to your story or if you wish you could even post the fanfic in the thread but I think it's generally preferable to use the fanfic site to host the story.

If it's not that, then you will have to explain.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 09:52   Link #43
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

How about a Code Geass Parallels thread? Generally, all anime has similar concepts or borrowed ideas from various sources, but Code Geass seems to generate enough discussion on that particular points to deem it's own discussion threads. Argubly, looking from how it evolved from a simple comparison with another anime released around the same time, Death Note what's with Lelouch being similar to Light before it died down and changed into similarities with Gundam SEED with it's Lelouch/Suzaku chemistry being assimilar to Kira/Athrun and Euphie/Lacus and now the Aile/Infinite Lancelot comparisons. Ideally, there's also the biased myth on Suzaku being a Kira clone despite MAJOR differences, among other things such as my own opinion that Code Geass mirrors BERSERK more so than any other given names, etc etc.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 17:31   Link #44
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Can we have a Fansub comparing Thread for this series ?.

The subs differ so much that it is hard to know which one is which. Like in episode 5 in Min 17:25 to 17:35.

One fansub sais " in that war, my Father had to die" and other sais " my father didnt have to die in that war", Complete opposite right .
This was just one of the examples of numerous diffrences. I mean i wouldnt mind if the diffrences were small and actually meant the same thing, but as you can see there are alot of times that the translations are completely opposite in meaning with each other.
At least people can discuss it and to decide which fansubbers they decide to go with it.
Old 2007-01-17, 17:39   Link #45
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
What about a thread about fanfictions of Code Geass!???!!!I'm sure that lots of people would like to write something!!!!
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 17:49   Link #46
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

xris already addressed this request. And I agree with him.
Quote:
I'm sure there are some but I don't seem to find any mention of fanfics here at AnimeSuki (none in the Fan Creations forum for example).

I would like to see some more support of such a thread before creating it. If there is some support then someone needs to create the introduction for the first post. Post in this thread as if you were starting the thread and I can then split it off and use it to create a Fanfic thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Can we have a Fansub comparing Thread for this series ?.

The subs differ so much that it is hard to know which one is which. Like in episode 5 in Min 17:25 to 17:35.

One fansub sais " in that war, my Father had to die" and other sais " my father didnt have to die in that war", Complete opposite right .
This was just one of the examples of numerous diffrences. I mean i wouldnt mind if the diffrences were small and actually meant the same thing, but as you can see there are alot of times that the translations are completely opposite in meaning with each other.
At least people can discuss it and to decide which fansubbers they decide to go with it.
I know what you mean, but it just isn't advantageous. It leads to pointless wars. If you want this then please register at Anime-Planet Forum. They've got a section devoted to just this and they do it better than we would. (Only registered members can read that section.)

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 18:32   Link #47
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
xris already addressed this request. And I agree with him.

I know what you mean, but it just isn't advantageous. It leads to pointless wars. If you want this then please register at Anime-Planet Forum. They've got a section devoted to just this and they do it better than we would. (Only registered members can read that section.)
ah i see. Its a shame that we dont have it. I remeber we used to but still i have to agree that sometimes it would lead to pointless arguments and go off-topic.

Also i did see Xris's post, But didnt notice that was related to the fansubs. I thought fanfic thread was related to the people that created their own parodies and ... for their favorite series.

Having said all of that, i still am pro for a fansub comparing thread. If stated in rules of the thread some thing like " only comparasion is allowed", i think we wont have any ( well mayby a few ) arguments.

P.S. I will check the anime-planet's forum for the comparing fansubs too. I didnt know they had such a thread.
Can i ask in which section of the forums , the Fansub comparing is located?. I couldnt find it.
Old 2007-01-17, 23:38   Link #48
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

My quote of xris post was for the benefit of Airi who posted right above me. It had nothing to do with your request.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
P.S. I will check the anime-planet's forum for the comparing fansubs too. I didnt know they had such a thread.
Can i ask in which section of the forums , the Fansub comparing is located?. I couldnt find it.
It's not a thread. They have an entire section devoted to the topic with a thread for every series being compared. You can't see it until you register.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 01:32   Link #49
tanto

The Will lulu ever get laid and with who? or who will and will we get to see it? Thread.

Since sunrise seems to be rising the temp on the show.

My first bet is on Lulu and C.C and that we would only be getting a shadow play or an implied scene.
tanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 01:59   Link #50
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanto View Post
The Will lulu ever get laid and with who? or who will and will we get to see it? Thread.
Errrr.. how does an emphatic "NO!" sounds?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 10:57   Link #51
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hmm, how about a thread for the first Picture Book episode that has been subbed by gg? Seeing as though its the first meeting between Lelouch & Suzaku, i'm pretty sure we could get a good topic going - also on what future Picture Book episodes could be about.
Old 2007-02-07, 11:21   Link #52
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Yes, good idea. At this point in time, I won't include a poll and I won't make it a sticky. I don't know what this "Picture Book" contains (apart from it's a sort of Drama CD, with pictures, I think) so let us know if the thread needs anything else.
Old 2007-02-07, 11:37   Link #53
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thats perfectly fine, thanks a lot.
Old 2007-02-07, 16:32   Link #54
VetaMega

I suggest making a poll thread.

Name of poll: Who do you rather have running your country?

With options being Lelouch and Suzaku. I think the results would be quite interesting to see.
VetaMega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 19:04   Link #55
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetaMega View Post

With options being Lelouch and Suzaku. I think the results would be quite interesting to see.
I'm not convinced. Isn't it going to effectively be just a "verses" thread filled with mostly one-line replies considering all that is offered is two choices? And I suspect the results will be similar to that of the existing Favourite Character Poll.

Anyone else care to comment on this, is there enough meat in the topic to have a worthwhile discussion?
Old 2007-02-07, 19:21   Link #56
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Anyone else care to comment on this, is there enough meat in the topic to have a worthwhile discussion?
I'm pretty sure that topic could be brought up in the Morality in Code Geass? Do the ends justify the means? thread. Without the polls of course.
Old 2007-02-08, 11:30   Link #57
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
episode 17 trend please. The episode is aired. The pics are out ><
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 16:42   Link #58
VetaMega

Quote:
I'm not convinced. Isn't it going to effectively be just a "verses" thread filled with mostly one-line replies considering all that is offered is two choices? And I suspect the results will be similar to that of the existing Favorite Character Poll.

I think the results would be different from the poll. Many people like Lelouch but would they want him to run their country? What about Suzaku, would his polices be better or would he be incompetent. We could also add the emperor and cornelia and people at school. It's an opportunity for heated debates on whose values would help a country more, whose skills would help a country more, and what you think a country needs, as well as what type of leader you think a country should have.
VetaMega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 17:14   Link #59
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetaMega View Post

I'm against this one as well. Great potential for constant off-topic (countries are different), and non-valid choices - Suzaku hasn't shown anything that proves his leadership skills; at the very least the Emperor is a must in such a poll. And if Lelouch/Emperor really wanted to rule over you I don't think your opinion would be important.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 03:31   Link #60
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
we already have Code Geass: Favourite Character poll.
Would be very interesting to see "Code Geass: The Hated Character poll"

My bet would be Susaku would ranked first, followed by Shirley. But it can be interesting :3. CC might be hated by a lot of ppl too.
quina is offline   Reply With Quote