AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Old 2004-07-27, 17:32   Link #1
Kindras
Anime/Game Fiend

Kimi ga nozomu Eien- Discussion

I've only watched half of it. What does everyone else think of this series?

Its probably the most shoujo series i've ever watched so its a little bit different for me. I think trying to figure out whats going to happen hurts my brain so i've stopped trying.

I pretty much like it for the first half
Kindras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 17:39   Link #2
TronDD
Team the box!

There is a whole forum for the series hidden under "Older Series Discussion". I'm starting to think moving them there is a bad idea.

http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 17:47   Link #3
curlyconnor

It ain't really shoujo, because it's intended for adults, but anyway, glad you like it , I had a similar experience.
curlyconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 18:59   Link #4
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindras
I've only watched half of it. What does everyone else think of this series?

Its probably the most shoujo series i've ever watched so its a little bit different for me. I think trying to figure out whats going to happen hurts my brain so i've stopped trying.

I pretty much like it for the first half
One warning do not read the kiminozo forums before finishing it, there are unfortunately some spoiler left and right. And you don't want to know the ending in advance !

Personally it is one of my all-time favorite shows. I actually got quite emotional over what took place in many of the episodes

I don't think it's a shoujo anime, rather a very realistic anime about troubles in relationships and the tough choices we get presented in life. An anime that can make you cry and laugh, in the end I did feel quite happy. I actually was able to make a few of my (anime-hating) friends watch the series and they liked it alot as well !

Enjoy the experience
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-28, 02:14   Link #5
NovionSolarius
MysticAngelis

Send a message via AIM to NovionSolarius Send a message via MSN to NovionSolarius Send a message via Yahoo to NovionSolarius
A favorite. I wouldn't classify it as shoujo. Drama up to the hilt

Amazing. It will move you, and you'll be thinking about it even after you finish the series.
NovionSolarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 12:35   Link #6
souske

Send a message via MSN to souske
i cried like a little girl watching this anime.

tell anybody, and i'll kill you.

no seriously, it's a great anime. i even got a second dvd set for my co-worker to have, so he'd watch it too.
souske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 10:14   Link #7
Akarix
::Untouched Feelings::

Actually i think that the anime has some serious relationships here..[ Haruka being coma'ed after being knocked down by the car.. Takayuki sad.. crycry.. ]
Ouh yea... i just feel the whole anime is kinda disturbing.. it is very stressing to watch the chracters being hurted here and there by watching episode by episode.

I really pitied Haruka but still Hayase is still da best~! Akane really sharp'ed tougue [ made me hate her ] insulted Hayase saying that she's a betryer [ she is soo dense duh after 3 years after tat accident of course their life would change ]

Well tat is all i have to say.. a very stressful anime but nice show indeed ^^ [ woopz.. im underage to watch tat show eh? ]

::To be what you were truly meant to be::
Akarix's creation : 2
Akarix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 14:47   Link #8
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
lol akarix you are underaged...i think that kgne is..well amazing.
its realistic enough to show people that the outside world isnt so straight forward

i felt sorry for haruka too but hayase was just doing what she had to do...to go with her emotions

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 18:02   Link #9
stretch87
Anime Addict

i think kgne set a new personal record for me. i think i may have cried by the end of the second episode heheh

Spoiler:

and it just got sadder for that point on. i hate series like this one though because they always leaves me depressed when it's over. really a great show though
stretch87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 00:37   Link #10
Shredder

Mitsuki should've gotten fired after a few eps. If ppl like her are filling Japanese positions it's no wonder the economy has stagnated. I could only understand her continued presence at work if she had stellar moments that were not (ever) shown on screen. Otherwise she was a total screwup, and it seemed like a respectable work establishment. Or maybe not--was it like a noodle selling business? Who gets away with bringing that much drama to work?
Old 2006-06-02, 07:13   Link #11
rika717

you know guys i love this story but its kind of sadly becuase when Haruka made accident and she stayed at 3 years with uncousion , but its really lovely to show this anime .
rika717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 11:34   Link #12
EvA-Apocalypse

Send a message via AIM to EvA-Apocalypse
I liked this anime a lot...but the ending kind of made me cry
EvA-Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 01:30   Link #13
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
a great semi-realistc anime. (after all this kinda thing doesn't happen very often and I would hope most of my fellow gender are more decisive then Takauyki) and the anime had a good realistic ending.

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 05:18   Link #14
SilverChakra
Nee-chan

Hmm....just seen 4 eps of this anime and I must say I am a bit dissapointed...I don't understand why it's so popular and ranked so high among Animenfo's top 200 anime (it's on second place). maybe I just need to watch more of it to understand..?
SilverChakra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 07:52   Link #15
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

That really depends on what you expect from the anime
Old 2007-01-30, 10:12   Link #16
depthcharge101

this series is very character driven... if you don't feel anything to the character, it will be very ordinary.
depthcharge101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 16:57   Link #17
tom9984

One of the best series in its genre. I really cared about the characters.

<3 Mitsuki
tom9984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 14:00   Link #18
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I was really glad I didn't watch the trailer before I watched Kimi ga Nozomu Eien or else the second episode wouldn't leave that much of an impact on me. :P After this anime I'm against trailers of all kind.

So it's #2 on my list, and it won't go down unless some thing better than SHnY (and there won't be soon) is released. Keep on watching it. :P
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 11:01   Link #19
Question
Crossdresser

I cant believe how sad this anime is, especially the final scence with the picture book and the song that is being played. Seriously unbelievable.
Old 2007-02-28, 17:49   Link #20
Mentar
Banned

Is the final scene really sad?

I guess it is in the meaning that I tear up every time I see it, but frankly I think that the hontou no takaramono is what lifts KimiNozo sky high above all other galgame conversions I've ever seen. It's an encompassing allegory for the young life of the four friends, and it sends a distinct message of forgiveness and hope for reconciliation. It's the greatest scene for Haruka in the entire show, IMHO. And it gives the bittersweet story a wonderful, positive closure WITHOUT slamming on the dreaded reset button which plagues so many shows.

Still, those are tears of empathy, not sadness. Consider the message. It's healing.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
âge, bishoujo, drama, romance, seinen, studio fantasia