AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 94 58.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 25.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 3.73%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-06, 04:42   Link #341
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
And obviously had enough concern about it to mention it here instead of immediately dismissing it. Perhaps your hopes are a little too high.
Eh, it looked plausible at the first look.

Besides, him not wearing his own jacket as before does point to something more intimate having happened. Itīs not just me seeing it.
Old 2008-09-06, 04:44   Link #342
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

@magnuskn: I think he meant the sheryl's shirt part;
Old 2008-09-06, 04:46   Link #343
inyang86

@ippus: Um, the spoiler on the spec threads is a lie.
Go to the 2ch spoiler thread. They're playing with you guys.^^;
Old 2008-09-06, 04:48   Link #344
CeruleaFeng
2qt2bstr8 ♥♥

Send a message via MSN to CeruleaFeng
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Besides, him not wearing his own jacket as before does point to something more intimate having happened. Itīs not just me seeing it.
I'd have to agree with that as well. It's so obvious that is would be careless to dismiss it. Something happened, most definitely, but I'm still hesitant to call it sex. It's possible that he simply wanted to get more comfortable as he held Sheryl while she slept. <3
Old 2008-09-06, 04:50   Link #345
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyang86 View Post
I mean Sheryl is definitly experienced
I replied in the Sheryl thread.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-06, 04:50   Link #346
glyph

Quote:
Lastly, back to the show and not the romance in the show, on the planet that Brera and Ranka discovered, was that ring orbiting it and the symbol on it, that of the Birdman from Macross Zero?
The cyclone like atmospheric anomaly and ring around the planet is similar to the Protoculture insignia seen in DYRL.

(bisected and vertically mirrored spiral in the middle of an oval which is surrounded by a ring)
Old 2008-09-06, 04:50   Link #347
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Quote:
Eh, it looked plausible at the first look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippus View Post
@magnuskn: I think he meant the sheryl's shirt part;
Yes he does not have it completely on but since I also have done exactly what he is doing when it's cold outside and I'm just stepping out for a cig I can see why he did it. As for ownership, we know it's his jacket from the color and emblem on the right sleeve. And yes his shirt is the exact same shirt. A sweater to be exact with a V neck collar.

I'm sure Sheryl is nice an comfy inside under her comforter and on her futon with her kimono intact.

I however believe they kissed but that's all. It took this long for Alto to even kiss one of them willingly without being surprised or having it as part of a movie. To have sex with Sheryl would require his balls to grow ten sizes larger than they are now.
Old 2008-09-06, 04:52   Link #348
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
To have sex with Sheryl would require his balls to grow ten sizes larger than they are now.

I've cracked all my ribs loling
Old 2008-09-06, 05:03   Link #349
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Sheryl has been loved...tenderly.

And what exactly are the pirate supposed to do? There's not exactly a lot of things around for them to "pirate".
Old 2008-09-06, 05:06   Link #350
magnuskn

Quote:
Yes he does not have it completely on but since I also have done exactly what he is doing when it's cold outside and I'm just stepping out for a cig I can see why he did it. As for ownership, we know it's his jacket from the color and emblem on the right sleeve. And yes his shirt is the exact same shirt. A sweater to be exact with a V neck collar.

I'm sure Sheryl is nice an comfy inside under her comforter and on her futon with her kimono intact.

I however believe they kissed but that's all. It took this long for Alto to even kiss one of them willingly without being surprised or having it as part of a movie. To have sex with Sheryl would require his balls to grow ten sizes larger than they are now.
Pffft... you are still underestimating the guy. He has been a kabuki star since his early teens, female admirers shouldnīt be something too new for him.

And he took the jacket off... why do you think that has to do with it being cold outside?

I choose to believe the hints that were laid out point towards some more intimate having happened.
Old 2008-09-06, 05:06   Link #351
wolfboy
:3

It's getting increasingly hard to wait for subs. It started with reading spoilers first before it was subbed. Now, this episode is the first where I've cracked under the pressure to scan through the raws.
Old 2008-09-06, 05:10   Link #352
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
It's getting increasingly hard to wait for subs. It started with reading spoilers first before it was subbed. Now, this episode is the first where I've cracked under the pressure to scan through the raws.
Welcome to the the world of watching Raws. Hopefully you're able to understand some Japanese!

Old 2008-09-06, 05:13   Link #353
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Quote:
Pffft... you are still underestimating the guy. He has been a kabuki star since his early teens, female admirers shouldnīt be something too new for him.
Yet every single time Sheryl flirts with him he's embarrassed. Big X.

Quote:
And he took the jacket off... why do you think that has to do with it being cold outside?
Obviously you didn't read it all or my post before that. He took his jacket off inside because it warm inside and cold outside. He put his jacket over his shoulders because he wanted to go outside to check his phone messages and since he probably thought he would be going back inside again he only put it over his shoulders.

Why do I have to explain this?
Old 2008-09-06, 05:14   Link #354
wolfboy
:3

I took Japanese for 3 years in high school. 7 years later and I only remember very basic words and phrases.
Old 2008-09-06, 05:30   Link #355
glyph

Quote:
Obviously you didn't read it all or my post before that. He took his jacket off inside because it warm inside and cold outside. He put his jacket over his shoulders because he wanted to go outside to check his phone messages and since he probably thought he would be going back inside again he only put it over his shoulders.

Why do I have to explain this?
That is also plausible, OTOH there is no need for the animators to show such mundane details for no reason, especially when you consider that Alto tends not to vary his clothing _at all_ in all conditions up to now.

The other possibility why it's shown is that the animators are playing with the shippers' expectations and insinuating things that aren't there, but then you can hardly call speculations "baseless" when there's a deliberate attempt to mislead.

Last edited by glyph; 2008-09-06 at 05:57.
Old 2008-09-06, 05:45   Link #356
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
That is also plausible, OTH there is no need for the animators to show such mundane details for no reason, especially when you consider that Alto tends not to vary his clothing _at all_ in all conditions up to now.

The other possibility why it's shown is that the animators are playing with the shippers' expectations and insinuating things that aren't there, but then you can hardly call speculations "baseless" when there's a deliberate attempt to mislead.
Or a deliberate intent to imply. Iīm not automatically assuming that they are misleading, rather I think that they are hinting.

Itīs in any case easier to follow that Alto took his jacket off with Sheryl, than that itīs a.) cold outside ( since when? ) and b.) too warm inside.
Old 2008-09-06, 05:52   Link #357
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Or a deliberate intent to imply. Iīm not automatically assuming that they are misleading, rather I think that they are hinting.

Itīs in any case easier to follow that Alto took his jacket off with Sheryl, than that itīs a.) cold outside ( since when? ) and b.) too warm inside.
Magnus, you're a funny guy. lol

But you also have to take into consideration the type of house it is. With the old-style Japanese houses the temperature doesn't fluctuate as much as you'd think (from outside to inside)... unless there's climate control in the house... say in the forms of an AC unit or a small fire.

Plus Macross Frontier is a ship, I'd think the climate as a whole is regulated to provide a comfortable atmosphere.

Old 2008-09-06, 06:19   Link #358
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

hmm, anyway i do not think that the director will go out to such an extent of telling you when you are feeling warm in the room and when it is cold outside, you should take off the jacket. I suppose this is not some anime on weather or some non-fictional drama on the human basic instinct of how to react when temperature change.

suppose there should be of some implication to it - but, what would it be - simply depend on individual's speculation.
Old 2008-09-06, 07:21   Link #359
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

USUALLY producers/director/whoever don't leave things in for the heck of it. It could have been just as much realistic (and easier for the graphics crew) if he wore the jacket properly- yet he didn't.

It's suppose to cause doubt.

Hn.

Oh well. It doesn't really matter in the end does it?
The fact is they were intimate. Whether it's through sex or one of those "basically sex but not really kisses", the point is they pretty much sealed the whole "I'll stay by your side till the end" thing that night.

I rewatched the RAW again just to watch Sheryl sing Northern Star again. Firstly the song...is AWESOME for galactic battle scenes. Also I'm starting to think perhaps Ranka's self centeredness might be contagious.
Either that or Ozma was the original self centered brat that made Ranka grow up into an equally self centered thing.
I understand why he folded out...but with the entire SMS fleet? At this point Frontier is about as good as dead >_O Wasn't it established for many MANY episodes that the military is practically useless and all the defending was done by SMS? At this point if Frontier survives, it's a giganormous plothole just on its own =A=
Old 2008-09-06, 07:25   Link #360
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippus View Post
I rewatched the RAW again just to watch Sheryl sing Northern Star again. Firstly the song...is AWESOME for galactic battle scenes. Also I'm starting to think perhaps Ranka's self centeredness might be contagious.
Either that or Ozma was the original self centered brat that made Ranka grow up into an equally self centered thing.
I understand why he folded out...but with the entire SMS fleet? At this point Frontier is about as good as dead >_O Wasn't it established for many MANY episodes that the military is practically useless and all the defending was done by SMS? At this point if Frontier survives, it's a giganormous plothole just on its own =A=
Hm, lately it has been the Macross cannon of Battle Frontier which has done the job.

Also, letīs not forget that Ozma and Cathy had a death mark on them from Leon... searching for Ranka was actually one of the better options they could have taken, IMO.

One of the problems I have with the situation is that Rankas purpose for going to the Vajra were left so... incomplete. Her stated reason is to bring Ai-kun back, which is a pretty terrible reason to leave Frontier. The unstated reason is probably to find a solution to the conflict, but it would have come off much better for Ranka if she would have somehow voiced that desire, instead of going for the silly childish reason to leave.