AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-05-14, 23:53   Link #1
Tsukasa27

The creation of a jutsu [possible spoiler]

Well i had this question in my mind for quiet some time and i thought maybe someone can come up with a theory about that.

The question is "How do you create a jutsu"?

For example, Kakashi created Chidori, it's his original jutsu and you have to perform a hand seal to use it.

Now how can you determine what handseal to use? Is it decided by the creator of the jutsu, like a locker code?

There is Orochimaru's speech with the 3rd where he talks about mixing colors and stuff. He says that a thousand of jutsus exist, so is it like a specific amount of jutsu exist in the world and you have to discover them?

I'm quiet mixed about that...
Tsukasa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 00:10   Link #2
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukasa27
Now how can you determine what handseal to use? Is it decided by the creator of the jutsu, like a locker code?
The way I see it, the creator can use whatever hand seals so long as it is associated with the type of jutsu he or she is trying to create.

For example, the tiger hand seal is associated with fire jutsus, so most likely all fire based jutsu will require the tiger seal somewhere along with whatever seals youll be using.

Same with chidori, which is lightning based, one of the seals will have to be associated with lightning.

The rest is up to how much chakra youll be expending and how you channel it.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 00:14   Link #3
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
Same with chidori, which is lightning based, one of the seals will have to be associated with lightning.
Chidori is not lightning based; it's merely a chakra-imbued hand. It was called Raikiri because Kakashi used it to cut lightning supposedly.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 00:15   Link #4
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Well i had this question in my mind for quiet some time and i thought maybe someone can come up with a theory about that.

For example, Kakashi created Chidori, it's his original jutsu and you have to perform a hand seal to use it.

There is Orochimaru's speech with the 3rd where he talks about mixing colors and stuff. He says that a thousand of jutsus exist, so is it like a specific amount of jutsu exist in the world and you have to discover them?

I think the point with hand seals is to focus your chakra and manipulate it so that it assists in creating the desired jutsu. Each hand seal represents an animal (right? please correct me) and those animals have some sort of reign over an element (tiger = fire) or whatever sort of jutsu is used. I haven't gone into too much of these hand seals seeing as they are complicated enough but that's what I understand from Naruto.

As for your second question. In a way, like the example Orochimaru used - you've got your basic colours, mix them together and you get a totally different a new colour, mix those new colours and then new colours results. So on and so forth. Then you get your 'original' jutsu.

For some reason, I think Chidori is a derogatory jutsu of the Rasengan. Chidori is more unrestricted with the control of chakra in one hand, but it does requires a great amount of focus into the hand nonetheless. Rasengan is definitely much more harder to work with seeing as the chakra, while extremely volatile is contained into a ball.

Chidori = liquid
Rasengan = solid (more pressure inside, more powerful, this depends on the user of course)

Uh yeah...science...joy. Probably didn't make sense anyways.
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 00:40   Link #5
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Yah, Browen Stx just about summed it up. When it comes to jutsu-creation, the only person we can fall back on is Orochimaru.

As for the relationship between chakra, hand seals, and jutsu, here's what the Data Book said about it:

Hand Seals
The Process of Converting Chakra into Jutsu!
"Hand Seals" is an important process of converting the already-molded chakra into jutsu, all jutsu has its unique set of hand seals, absolutely don't mix them up, and also they must be used with proper timing. Basically, the easier the jutsu, the easier the hand seals; conversely, high-level jutsu's hand seals will be very complicated.
Old 2004-05-15, 05:09   Link #6
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:

Well,like Orochimaru said,"The first person who mixed Blue and Yellow called it Green,likewise Chakra and Hand Seals create jitsu(?)"
I think the number of Jutsu in the world is not fixed,just like the many different shades and hues of colors.
Its just a matter of how you mix them actually.Like a locker code,in a sense.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 05:21   Link #7
slippery shinobi
serious member

sorry if a get a little off topic but i want to know this:

did the fourth create the sealing jutsu to capture and imprison the kyuubi?
slippery shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 05:37   Link #8
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by slippery shinobi
sorry if a get a little off topic but i want to know this:

did the fourth create the sealing jutsu to capture and imprison the kyuubi?
well,supposedly he did.according to what the third said before he used the jutsu on Orochimaru and the kage's."Im going to use the Forths technique!A technique even you havent even seen"(*or something along that line *)

Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 08:35   Link #9
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Chidori is not lightning based; it's merely a chakra-imbued hand. It was called Raikiri because Kakashi used it to cut lightning supposedly.
You have the character book right?
Take a look at the page 209 and 225
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 09:15   Link #10
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
You have the character book right?
Take a look at the page 209 and 225
*Phew* I thought you were going to point out that the Data Book actually says Chidori is lightning-based (it doesn't). ^_^;;

Yah, I still don't get why Chidori is ranked A and Raikiri is ranked S...they are the friggin' same technique, just used by two different person. The only rationalization I can come up with is that Kishimoto wanted to give them "distinctive" super-moves...which seems pretty pointless to me.
Old 2004-05-15, 12:43   Link #11
Blue*Dragon

it will soon be explained in a eps when naruto gonna to learn a new jutsu from Jiraiya. But it is the feelings from the enrgie and think to the molocule the source of life
Blue*Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 18:48   Link #12
quashoko
answer

chidori is lighing based. raikiri is just a stronger, improved version, powerfull enough to cut lighting before it hit the ground.

Spoiler for spoiler:

i just realized that tunade used a lighting jutsu on kabuto that time they fought.
quashoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 18:57   Link #13
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Uhm...Raikiri & Chidori are the same move/technique(s).
The difference is the name.

Gai said this during the chuunin exam. If he were wrong Kakashi would've corrected him. Besides he knows Kakashi for quite a while.
Old 2007-07-08, 19:03   Link #14
Flaming Rasengan
NarutoCard

Quote:
Originally Posted by quashoko View Post
chidori is lighing based. raikiri is just a stronger, improved version, powerfull enough to cut lighting before it hit the ground.

Spoiler for spoiler:

i just realized that tunade used a lighting jutsu on kabuto that time they fought.
Yeah, I noticed that too. Isn't it weird?
Flaming Rasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 07:16   Link #15
othafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Uhm...Raikiri & Chidori are the same move/technique(s).
The difference is the name.

Gai said this during the chuunin exam. If he were wrong Kakashi would've corrected him. Besides he knows Kakashi for quite a while.
The ranks are different in the data books, so we know for a fact that they aren't the same move. As far as I can tell, the only difference is that Kakashi's packs more of a punch.
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote