AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2008-11-26, 22:49   Link #41
Ankoku-chan

Send a message via Yahoo to Ankoku-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Well, Jessica and Kanon were all %&*$@^#&$ at the end of ep3 too. Unlike the first opening, it doesn't look like they added that much hinting about the newer episodes that we haven't already seen. I thought it was more like a recap of ep3, actually.

And I hope this doesn't mean they're skipping out on the new OP for ep5 that Ryuukishi's been hinting at for a while.

...Haah, longer than ep3, he says...this is going to be fun to translate...but I can't wait!
Really O_O? What happens? Spoil 'til your hearts content
Ankoku-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 22:51   Link #42
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Battler also has his back towards Ange in the new op... and if you think about it why would there be any reason for Battler to like Ange with the way he reacted to his dad's remarriage. It would be more likely for him to think of Ange as someone who replaced him
According to Ange at the end of EP3, from the time went back to Rudolf's place, Battler took good care of Ange, always played with her and stuff so it seems he really likes her and, I don't think Battler would hate her just because she's Kyrie and Rudolf's daughter. He doesn't even hate Kyrie. He just can't forgive Rudolf for remarrying so quickly after Asumu's death.

He turning his back to Ange (if it is related to the game at all) may have something to do with her being a witch. Even if she claims to be on his side she is still a witch and he just got completely fooled by Beato and, probably, Virgilia. Doubt he will ever believe in any witch again.
Old 2008-11-27, 00:01   Link #43
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Or maybe her being behind him just signifies that she's watching out for him. O.o
I honestly didn't think it signified Battler holding any negative feelings towards her...

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 03:36   Link #44
Rias

Let me just throw this in, perhaps it might be a mistake on Ryukishi07's part, might be hinting something big, or might just be me overthinking.

In the beginning of ep1, from Battler's POV, he does introduction to everyone when they show up or gets mentioned. However, he never talked about Enje when her name was mentioned. Now you could say that he forgot about her, but...

also in ep1, Rudolph was acting weird at night, and had the line about he thinks that he was going to die soon (or the next day). Rudolph wanted to talk about it when everyone in the family is gathered together,
「家族が揃ったときに話したいことがある」
but Battler replies with
「…気持ち悪ぃぜ、親父。今、家族は全員揃ってるじゃねぇかよ。勿体ぶらずに言えよ。」
Of course, the only people present at that scene is Rudolph, Kyrie, and Battler; to Battler that contributes as the whole family. What's more weird is that Kyrie didn't say anything about Enje...
Old 2008-11-27, 06:25   Link #45
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

You mean that Enje doesn't exist at all in Battler's POV ?
I don't understand the text at all D:

Quote:
He turning his back to Ange (if it is related to the game at all) may have something to do with her being a witch. Even if she claims to be on his side she is still a witch and he just got completely fooled by Beato and, probably, Virgilia. Doubt he will ever believe in any witch again.
Which would make him more powerful xD;;; in a way. .
Damn, this series is going to be more to fantasy than ever >_>

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 13:01   Link #46
kiby

AUUUU what an opening seems like we'll get more fights and maybe a sort of mix of all episodes ( natsuhi with the gun, shanon and kanon fighting).
I think that if there is an "alliance" it would be between beato and virgilia and maybe a sort of eva beatrice....ugly
It is strange but it seems like Jessika and George will both survive one more at the first twilight..
kiby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 13:24   Link #47
chronotrig

I doubt we'll see much of the stuff in that opening in the actual ep4 game, unless it's in a very different way.

Both Ryuukishi and BT have posted saying that ep4 will take a completely different approach than ep3, that it will be longer than ep3, and that it will have a large amount of new background images, which is weird since
Spoiler for ep3:

Edit:
And it looks like they've confirmed that ep4 will come out on the second day of Comiket, December 29.

Furthermore, it looks like that crazy picture that was posted right above the opening movie really is the portrait for ep4! The portraits have always shown something new for each episode, so I wonder what this could mean...

Last edited by chronotrig; 2008-11-29 at 13:45.
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 13:38   Link #48
crazysjd89

Send a message via MSN to crazysjd89
^
Spoiler for Episode3:
crazysjd89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 15:10   Link #49
Jaymer

'o'
07th-Expansion site has the update for Ep 4 up.
I hope that's the portrait...
It'll be coming out at CC75, I think.
Sweeeeeet~
Old 2008-11-29, 15:37   Link #50
Rias

Quote:
Furthermore, it looks like that crazy picture that was posted right above the opening movie really is the portrait for ep4! The portraits have always shown something new for each episode, so I wonder what this could mean...
According to BT, That picture is the jacket illustration, not the potrait of ep4.

http://naderika.sblo.jp/article/23514322.html
Old 2008-12-01, 03:54   Link #51
Rena Ryuuguu
Hinamizawas Cleaver Girl

Send a message via MSN to Rena Ryuuguu
woaw I rly can't wait for EP4 now , and I wish the anime would be finally out as well ._.
looking at the new op. I just got the strangest idea ever
Spoiler for spoiler for ep 4?:

Last edited by Rena Ryuuguu; 2008-12-01 at 13:40.
Rena Ryuuguu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 13:45   Link #52
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena Ryuuguu View Post
woaw I rly can't wait for EP4 now , and I wish the anime would be finally out as well ._.
looking at the new op. I just got the strangest idea ever
Spoiler for spoiler for ep 4?:
I don't think that Maria is a witch.(After all, she's still just nine :P). But I think that somewhere in the animé Maria will get closer to the title of "witch", but never fully become a witch (But that's just my theory ^.^) And I also think that Beatrice was mirrored there, or just putted the rose on the wrong side :P
Golden Witch Drugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 03:35   Link #53
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
It's probably half-true; if you look at it a bit closer, part of that picture has a portrait frame around it, so it's like he's getting pulled into the portrait. I imagine the actual portrait would just be Beato and her furniture. (And Virgilia.)
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 13:59   Link #54
Goose Boy
Happiness witch´s followe

-My thoughts: Maria´s father or someone related to him is in the island as one of the 18 and is obsessed in black magic like kinzo, he commits the murders in order to get a better future for maria in the golden land because of her poor social skills.

-Pure guts: Kyrie and/or Kumasawa are involved... Kumasawa is the old lady who everyone ignores and Kyrie is too nice for being "good".
Goose Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 15:27   Link #55
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose Boy View Post
-My thoughts: Maria´s father or someone related to him is in the island as one of the 18 and is obsessed in black magic like kinzo, he commits the murders in order to get a better future for maria in the golden land because of her poor social skills.

-Pure guts: Kyrie and/or Kumasawa are involved... Kumasawa is the old lady who everyone ignores and Kyrie is too nice for being "good".
While I do believe that Maria's father is an important piece to the puzzle... I don't know if it's smart to speculate whether he is the culprit or not. After all we know nothing about him, his past, or even where he is now... we don't even know if he's still alive (well, I may be missing something, but as far as I know it's unknown). There's just not enough information for him to be suspected.
Also the reason is just too weak... why kill 18 people (including his own daughter) just to improve her social skills? It makes absolutely no sense.

Also just because a character is nice or quiet doesn't make them more suspicious than others, remember that you also have to include facts from the episodes and put them together to come up with a good list of suspects. Chie from Higurashi was a nice and overall inactive character, but she wasn't the culprit behind anything.

Old 2008-12-03, 15:37   Link #56
Goose Boy

Uso Da!

im only saying that by PURE AND MERE THOUGHTS and maria suffers from her friends that joke about her and her mother abuses her...

AU AU AU
Old 2008-12-03, 15:47   Link #57
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Uhhh... sorry? ._.;

Anyway I wonder what this episode will be like. Who will be the main focus of the story? Any ideas anyone?

Old 2008-12-03, 15:48   Link #58
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

"Logically", it should be Kyrie. So far, it is the only female Ushiromiya member that did not get the spotlight, and I think many people really wait for a proper episode where her thinking talent would be used to its full extent.
Old 2008-12-03, 16:44   Link #59
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

Send a message via MSN to kiki_natsumi-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
"Logically", it should be Kyrie. So far, it is the only female Ushiromiya member that did not get the spotlight, and I think many people really wait for a proper episode where her thinking talent would be used to its full extent.
Considering her thinking talent, she should be able to think of those closed rooms. I mean, like you said, we really haven't seen a scene where she uses her intelligence to her limit.
Although, I think that for at least the first 6 murders of ep. 3 she had an alibi, since she was in the discussion that lasted all night.
But I guess Kyrie could be a suspect...but I don't think it would be right to put her as a suspect just because she's smart enough to probably make the closed rooms.
kiki_natsumi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 16:50   Link #60
Goose Boy

Yes... it should be kyrie....

I think that Ep4 will be seen in the perspective of maria or kinzo...

Mmm... can someone please a complete portrait?

Last edited by Goose Boy; 2008-12-03 at 19:19.