AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-06, 21:23   Link #681
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Any one get that artbook that game with the 2nd PS3 game?
Do you mean the one that came out with Nocturne? I've haven't opened mine yet seeing as I have no PS3 to use yet. But will the limited edition ever come out in stock again?
Old 2012-01-06, 23:32   Link #682
Acerbus Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Any one get that artbook that game with the 2nd PS3 game?
I just got mine today. It sadly doesn't have ALL the CGs or artworks but it's still 127 pages and a whole page dedicated to the designs they went through for Ange-Beatrice.
Old 2012-01-07, 09:05   Link #683
GAtakito

Quote:
I just got mine today. It sadly doesn't have ALL the CGs or artworks but it's still 127 pages and a whole page dedicated to the designs they went through for Ange-Beatrice.
Would you like to share it to us???????? please!!!
Old 2012-01-07, 19:18   Link #684
Acerbus Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAtakito View Post
I'd like to, unfortunately, I don't have a scanner and while I have my cell's camera, my bluetooth app for my laptop hates my cell so I have problems sending files between them .
Old 2012-01-09, 20:14   Link #685
Snow_Storm
Welcome to primetime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAtakito View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acerbus Wings View Post
I'd like to, unfortunately, I don't have a scanner and while I have my cell's camera, my bluetooth app for my laptop hates my cell so I have problems sending files between them .
Yo, is this it?

Old 2012-01-10, 00:47   Link #686
Acerbus Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow_Storm View Post
Yo, is this it?

Right book but for the Ange-Beatrice page I was talking about, it's several rows of ideas/design concepts they went through for what she'd look like, one of the initial designs being a dress she wore for one of the pre-order bonuses for Rondo (it was for one of the body pillows, I think).
Old 2012-01-10, 14:11   Link #687
Kensey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acerbus Wings View Post
Right book but for the Ange-Beatrice page I was talking about, it's several rows of ideas/design concepts they went through for what she'd look like, one of the initial designs being a dress she wore for one of the pre-order bonuses for Rondo (it was for one of the body pillows, I think).
Are you talking about that?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...w1_470x660.jpg
Old 2012-01-10, 19:01   Link #688
Falsetto

Since people seem interested, here are they scanned Ange-Beatrice pages (they were uploaded to tumblr a few days ago.)

Spoiler for Ange-Beatrice:
Old 2012-01-10, 20:50   Link #689
Lumy
非合理の魔女

Hrmm, I like almost all design concepts more than what they went with. :/

Thanks for sharing!

Old 2012-01-10, 20:58   Link #690
Snow_Storm
Welcome to primetime!

The unused designs look better than the final pick. Like, the second, fourth, and the Mary Poppins lookin' one (the last design on the first row) were the best in my opinion.

Old 2012-01-11, 03:19   Link #691
Yunagal95

I quite like the one they used for some reason xD even though some of the concept designs are really nice some of them don't look that "witchy" to me (I quite like the 2nd and 3rd ones on the 2nd row) oh yes is it just me or does the final version look a bit like Eva-Beatrice? I wonder if they did that on purpose or is simply a coincidence.
Old 2012-01-11, 03:35   Link #692
Snow_Storm
Welcome to primetime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunagal95 View Post
I quite like the one they used for some reason xD even though some of the concept designs are really nice some of them don't look that "witchy" to me (I quite like the 2nd and 3rd ones on the 2nd row) oh yes is it just me or does the final version look a bit like Eva-Beatrice? I wonder if they did that on purpose or is simply a coincidence.
I'm gonna say on purpose (mainly on the bias that I don't believe in coincidences) because if you think about it, Eva did train/raise Ange so I guess the Evatrice outfit did had some sorta influence on the Angetrice outfit.

Old 2012-01-12, 00:36   Link #693
Kylon99

I'm sure everyone has it now, but I finally went to go pick up my 07th Expansion goodies from Comiket. Higanbana, Musou Kyoku Cross, Umineko Hane and the Confessions Booklet. :3

http://i.imgur.com/N4sdH.jpg

The Confessions booklet is sealed and I'm reluctant to ruin it by breaking it open though...
Old 2012-01-12, 01:36   Link #694
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
I'm sure everyone has it now, but I finally went to go pick up my 07th Expansion goodies from Comiket. Higanbana, Musou Kyoku Cross, Umineko Hane and the Confessions Booklet. :3

http://i.imgur.com/N4sdH.jpg

The Confessions booklet is sealed and I'm reluctant to ruin it by breaking it open though...
Unless you can understand and read Japanese, don't bother opening the packaging if you don't want to ruin it. It's all in Japanese. There are scans of the pages somewhere if you really want to see what's inside.
Old 2012-01-12, 10:50   Link #695
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Oh I'm sure he can I'm still waiting for them but I know I'll be reluctant for the same reason haha.

So, does Hane contain only Killing fan and Forgery #XXX? That's a bit of a letdown...
Old 2012-01-13, 17:25   Link #696
Eriko 556

http://www.ebay.ch/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....m=150631976075

I do want so much this...
Old 2012-01-13, 17:51   Link #697
SeagullCrazy
Endless Witch-Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
Oh I'm sure he can I'm still waiting for them but I know I'll be reluctant for the same reason haha.

So, does Hane contain only Killing fan and Forgery #XXX? That's a bit of a letdown...
There's a small postscript at the end where Ryu talks to the reader, thanking them for buying Hane and wishing them a Happy New Year. He also talks about his next work, although I'm not good enough at reading Japanese to know exactly what he said about it.
Old 2012-01-14, 01:26   Link #698
Kylon99

Yeah, I can read the Japanese so that's not the problem. The problem is that I get the feeling I'm supposed to rip this 'protection' page open in the harshest way possible and rip out the story like innards in a Bitch-Bernkastel-like manner. 8)

So I'm looking for a nice way to undo the glue... I heard that hairdryers can work to melt the glue and allow you to safely peel it back. Now that's thinking outside the catbox. 8)

As for Hane only being two short stories, I heard that's why it's just a free give away as part of buying both of his Comiket 81 releases...

Last edited by Kylon99; 2012-01-14 at 01:44.
Old 2012-01-14, 01:38   Link #699
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

If you do manage to open it, I'd be much obliged if you could go over here and fill in the parts of the text that were omitted, since the original poster seems to have forgotten about it. Once all the text is there I can fix the summary over in the Spoilers thread.

(EDIT: Unless there is some weird policy on that wiki about posting the full text, since I see that there is a bit about it being an excerpt. Other tips have full text though, so I'm not really sure what the deal is there.)

Note to people interested in the scans: they are out of order and missing a large number of pages.
Old 2012-01-14, 01:44   Link #700
Kylon99

Ok, that only took like 10 seconds with the hair dryer and the glue came right off. If you guys do it, becareful not to heat up the spine of the book and melt the glue there... unless you like your booklet in pieces. 8)

http://i.imgur.com/fw2Bi.jpg
A pic of Furauros from the middle. As I said in the other thread... I can't believe Ryukishi added yet ANOTHER character... 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
If you do manage to open it, I'd be much obliged if you could go over here and fill in the parts of the text that were omitted, since the original poster seems to have forgotten about it. Once all the text is there I can fix the summary over in the Spoilers thread.
Hmm.. I don't have much time this weekend, but I can probably take some pictures for you.
Closed Thread