AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 20
10 out of 10 : Near Perfect... 46 37.40%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 39 31.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 25 20.33%
7 out of 10 : Good... 7 5.69%
6 out of 10 : Average... 1 0.81%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.81%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 1 0.81%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 1 0.81%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.81%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 1 0.81%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-11-21, 02:28   Link #201
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Incidentally does anyone find it amusing that all the sides Kirito joins seem to be filled with easily reasoned with hawt chicks that are more than ready to welcome him into their clan while whatever side seems to be opposing him seems to be filled with war mongering hostile bishonen assholes that instantly want to kill him upon sight half the time. That's why I kind of found Gene to be a breath of fresh air. While the rule still carries through this episode at least he's an honorable player in the end that sticks to his word and shows respect. It's just too bad he probably earned his status as the games strongest player while Kirito basically inherited his stats from SAO such that you really kind of feel that in any normal situation Gene would have clobbered Kirito pretty handedly.
Afheim online is skill based rather than stat based no? Which kirito once complained about SAO
Old 2012-11-21, 04:48   Link #202
Nezu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
...Kirito will pull off unlimited blade works or a Cloud Stife with a combinable 6 in 1 sword...
...end of story lol...
Now let's not be silly. He's merely going to Tri-wield, one sword in each hand and one clenched in his teeth like Roronoa Zoro.
Nezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 08:59   Link #203
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukiyomi View Post
Afheim online is skill based rather than stat based no? Which kirito once complained about SAO
Kirito has a point, all-in-all. I mean, you recruit people for the Skill right? And Kirito (and probably 2k or more players) have skills comparable to him, so why not?

Overall, the fight with Eugene was the win for me. I always wanted to see that scene.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 09:21   Link #204
Insane
Banned

I'm surprised that the players can still feel pain in the game. Isn't such system very dangerous for them?
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 10:49   Link #205
Jaylez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
I'm surprised that the players can still feel pain in the game. Isn't such system very dangerous for them?
I don't think that it really hurts them. I think that their brains just can't really understand that even though they are getting stabbed they aren't getting hurt so their brain tells them they are getting hurt when really they aren't. Man I don't know.
Jaylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 10:52   Link #206
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

While there's probably no pain, the brain naturally expects some pain (as we saw in episode 1 with Klein), plus it's probably uncomfortable as all hell to feel a sword stabbed through you, pain or no pain.
Old 2012-11-21, 10:53   Link #207
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
I think it's more of the sensation of being "numbed" on the damaged part of their body. The shouting is more of fright than actual pain...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 10:53   Link #208
Jaylez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
While there's probably no pain, the brain naturally expects some pain (as we saw in episode 1 with Klein), plus it's probably uncomfortable as all hell to feel a sword stabbed through you, pain or no pain.
That's probably it. Like when Kirito ran into that building while flying he probably felt his face hit the wall but there was no pain from it.
Old 2012-11-21, 10:55   Link #209
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Not to mention when Asuna knocked his ass across the street for accidentally groping her. He sure looked like he got injured...
Old 2012-11-21, 10:55   Link #210
Jaylez

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I think it's more of the sensation of being "numbed" on the damaged part of their body. The shouting is more of fright than actual pain...
But remember when Klein fought the boar? He collapsed to the ground after the boar hit his crotch because of the feeling and his brain tricked him. It wasn't that he was afraid.
Old 2012-11-21, 10:57   Link #211
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylez View Post
But remember when Klein fought the boar? He collapsed to the ground after the boar hit his crotch because of the feeling and his brain tricked him. It wasn't that he was afraid.
Yes he did felt fear, ok.. a little scared.... Oh, c'mon don't tell me that when you're hit by something and go flying you'll just kept silent.. unless you already fainted.....
Old 2012-11-21, 11:01   Link #212
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
If players feel pain in the game, the company would lose its subscribers in a flash.

Most likely the body feels some kind of feedback, though I think it's reduced to the level roughly equivalent to a slap on your hand.

Since it runs on a earlier Cardinal version, its system must be similar to SAO. We did see Kirito&co receiving numerous wounds in battles, but they all continued fighting as they didn't feel the 'real' pain. Kirito got his hand chopped off by Cradil, and he could move his regenerated hand pretty easily with no problems.
Old 2012-11-21, 16:35   Link #213
Vmem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
If players feel pain in the game, the company would lose its subscribers in a flash.

Most likely the body feels some kind of feedback, though I think it's reduced to the level roughly equivalent to a slap on your hand.

Since it runs on a earlier Cardinal version, its system must be similar to SAO. We did see Kirito&co receiving numerous wounds in battles, but they all continued fighting as they didn't feel the 'real' pain. Kirito got his hand chopped off by Cradil, and he could move his regenerated hand pretty easily with no problems.
I think a low level of sensation would actually be necessary to keep the game going. not full one "I got bisected by a sword" kind of pain. but a low level, something like a papercut-ish level of pain to indicate that you've been hurt etc would actually make the game more realistic and fun to play
Vmem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 17:06   Link #214
NoemiChan
Banned

I think Leafa mention about numbness an episode ago......
Old 2012-11-22, 00:07   Link #215
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmem View Post
I think a low level of sensation would actually be necessary to keep the game going. not full one "I got bisected by a sword" kind of pain. but a low level, something like a papercut-ish level of pain to indicate that you've been hurt etc would actually make the game more realistic and fun to play
Yeah, hopefully it's like that. Because, even if it's just sensation, merely feeling excessive pain can kill someone, i swear. There're many cases in traffic accident where instant death of the victims mostly caused by shock and excessive pain, rather than blood loss or organ's damage.

Also, i wonder why nearly all players (sans our main characters, eugene, and two race leaders) sporting the exact same appearance and outfit? Is it because the studio was too lazy to create too many unnecessary character designs or something? (In SAO, even every players have their own appearance that are different towards each other)
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 00:11   Link #216
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Might have something to do with the militaristic nature of ALO's gameplay concepts.
Old 2012-11-22, 05:23   Link #217
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It's impossible to tell whether they all look the same actually. Because they're all wearing the same outfit.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 05:25   Link #218
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Yeah, hopefully it's like that. Because, even if it's just sensation, merely feeling excessive pain can kill someone, i swear. There're many cases in traffic accident where instant death of the victims mostly caused by shock and excessive pain, rather than blood loss or organ's damage.

Also, i wonder why nearly all players (sans our main characters, eugene, and two race leaders) sporting the exact same appearance and outfit? Is it because the studio was too lazy to create too many unnecessary character designs or something? (In SAO, even every players have their own appearance that are different towards each other)
It would be expensive to give every character a unique appearance.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 07:45   Link #219
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Either that or there's only one npc quartermaster per faction that sells wellfare Epic gears.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 14:13   Link #220
Awrya
U mad?

Another possibility is that for a certain build (caster, melee etc) certain items are BestinSlot for their speccs, so they don't get much choice.
E.g. Robes for casters, heavy armour for tanks, light armour for melee dps.

But the most realistic reason is
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
It would be expensive to give every character a unique appearance.