AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-10-07, 05:01   Link #7281
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Freeman and other sources say that both Oakland and Buffalo were very keen to get Freeman, among close to a dozen teams who inquired. Freeman decided Minnesota was his best chance at getting regular starter and being in a team with a chance at success.
Old 2013-10-07, 11:35   Link #7282
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Wow...Dallas and Denver didn't end up as horrible as I thought, then I read how Dallas ended up losing...

Still better than I hoped...but...god...dammit...Tony.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 12:17   Link #7283
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^It's the play-calling...Roman has really out-smarted himself IMO...I hadn't seen how the defenses in the NFL had totally caught up to the spread/ read-option attack...Looked to me like the niners anticipated defenses catching up and tried to push the development of Kap as a true pocket passer despite the injury situation...Last year yall offense was so unpredictable, but with Crabtree still the only real option (because Kap and Davis hadn't meshed at the time last year), the variety of run looks plus the read made it impossible to predict...

I've seen them play 4 games, and the offense is far more base, and then when the initial passing attack isn't working, they force the creative run-looks and defenses are more ready...
Actually they continued off from last season a lot. They've used a bunch of pistol formations. Kaepernick hasn't been under center as much. Last night against Houston during the first drive Roman finally started getting him under center on a series of plays. Also, Roman doesn't call like any dump offs or screens ever. Like ever. Especially to the backs. No quick and easy plays to get the ball in our wide receivers hands. We don't have speed on the outside right now, but Roman is always calling these routes that take time to develop. He needs to help Kap out and utilize the strength of the players that we currently have. Vernon Davis is the only person we have to stretch the field. Kap needs to do start doing better himself. He stares down his first read far too often and sometimes just goes there regardless of the circumstance.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 14:54   Link #7284
VTHokiePride

More news: The Oakland Raiders will release Matt Flynn.

Source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...akland-raiders
Old 2013-10-07, 15:41   Link #7285
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Freeman and other sources say that both Oakland and Buffalo were very keen to get Freeman, among close to a dozen teams who inquired. Freeman decided Minnesota was his best chance at getting regular starter and being in a team with a chance at success.
He must not know that Frazier is a depth chart junkie.

Welcome back btw.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 18:38   Link #7286
Yye1
Wide Right

Overall, Week 5 was great, especially with the epic Denver-Dallas QB duel. A bonus is that I dont have to watch my pathetic Steelers....

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 19:23   Link #7287
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
More news: The Oakland Raiders will release Matt Flynn.

Source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...akland-raiders
Well, Matt Flynn has been officially released by the Raiders. The Raiders than activate WR Andre Holmes. Matt Flynn may be on his back to where he came from, Green Bay.
Old 2013-10-07, 22:47   Link #7288
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Wow, the Jets won.

The Browns are 3-2, the Jets are 3-2, Hawks are 1-4, Texans are 2-3, Steelers are 0-4, Giants are 0-5. Geno is just the second rookie on MNF to have 3TDs. What is going on this year?
Old 2013-10-07, 22:49   Link #7289
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Wow, the Jets won.

The Browns are 3-2, the Jets are 3-2, Hawks are 1-4, Texans are 2-3, Steelers are 0-4, Giants are 0-5. Geno is just the second rookie on MNF to have 3TDs. What is going on this year?
.................I am sorry did I read that right...the Jets won correct? Maybe Rex does got a chance to retain his job.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 02:38   Link #7290
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Wow, the Jets won.

You call the Falcons "Hawks"? Never heard that one before.

Anyways, this is how it usually goes. People's favorites flop. Happens every NFL season. I'm just glad that thus far, the 49ers aren't doing a nosedive like the Falcons. The Texans can still turn it around even with Schaub I think. The Giants are done and I think the Falcons are done.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 03:10   Link #7291
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

All day while I was working, I had this thought in the back of my head...

'I think the Jets are going to beat the Falcons'

Just got home and logged on NFL.com...

Jets 30, Falcons 28!

1-4 and Roddy White did a hamstring to a considerable degree, will miss several games. No run game, no pass rush, slack corners. And Mike Smith's decision to go for it at the end of the 1st half was rather suspect.

This was what I always thought about the Falcons last year. Part of their run and record was belief but luck was a bigger part...Atlanta won some games they really had no right to last year (Matt Ryan's 5 interception game against Oakland being the most glaring). This year, those close ones are going against them and they're losing key players to injury (Steve Jackson being missing is hurting them so bad). You can have one of the best WR/TE collections in the league but it doesn't mean much if you can't defend a lead.

wingdarkness must be rapt. Atlanta is crashing, Tampa are a basketcase and Carolina are barely progressing. Save Brees going down, can't see how New Orleans doesn't have that division sewn up already.
Old 2013-10-08, 03:39   Link #7292
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
.................I am sorry did I read that right...the Jets won correct? Maybe Rex does got a chance to retain his job.
Yep, they won alright. I can honestly say that wasn't expecting the Jets to win that game. I was expecting the Jets to lose and Geno Smith throwing a few more INTs.
Old 2013-10-08, 03:46   Link #7293
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
The Giants are done and I think the Falcons are done.
As crazy as it sounds along with my bias as a Giants fan, I actually think Giants still have very good shot at making the playoff just by winning 8 games out of their remaining 11. I actually think NFC East might be won by a team with 8-8 record.

The team still the same with the same talent pool... It's just Eli who is finding things hard for whatever reason... Their non-existent running game also aren't helping.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 13:32   Link #7294
GDB

Atlanta's done. Falcons fear Julio Jones out for year with foot injury.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 16:49   Link #7295
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Wow, Julio Jones was the leading Receivers so far.

By the way, anyone surprise by how low of yards and receptions for Calvin Johnson? I know he was injured however it is still surprising.
Old 2013-10-08, 20:14   Link #7296
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
As crazy as it sounds along with my bias as a Giants fan, I actually think Giants still have very good shot at making the playoff just by winning 8 games out of their remaining 11. I actually think NFC East might be won by a team with 8-8 record.

The team still the same with the same talent pool... It's just Eli who is finding things hard for whatever reason... Their non-existent running game also aren't helping.
That doesn't sound too crazy, it could happen. "NFC East won by a team with 8-8 record?" Now that I can see happening.
Quote:
Wow, Julio Jones was the leading Receivers so far.

By the way, anyone surprise by how low of yards and receptions for Calvin Johnson? I know he was injured however it is still surprising.
Not really.

In NFL news: The Jacksonville Jaguars, Atlanta Falcons, and the Oakland Raiders will all have home games in London's Wembley Stadium next year.

The Raiders home game against the 49ers is most likely the game that's going to be played there. The reasons as to why are pretty obvious, right?
Old 2013-10-08, 21:54   Link #7297
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
That doesn't sound too crazy, it could happen. "NFC East won by a team with 8-8 record?" Now that I can see happening.
Not really.

In NFL news: The Jacksonville Jaguars, Atlanta Falcons, and the Oakland Raiders will all have home games in London's Wembley Stadium next year.

The Raiders home game against the 49ers is most likely the game that's going to be played there. The reasons as to why are pretty obvious, right?
.............You know what, can someone speaks some sense into this nonsense?

The NFL cannot even put an NFL team in Los Angeles, one of the biggest Sport's market in the world and the United States. So if they cannot even do that, why on Earth do they think they can place an NFL team in another continent where many people don't even like our sport? Can someone explain this, I mean I only took one Economic Course in college, but come one where is the sense in this?

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-10-08 at 23:05.
Old 2013-10-08, 22:56   Link #7298
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post

wingdarkness must be rapt. Atlanta is crashing, Tampa are a basketcase and Carolina are barely progressing. Save Brees going down, can't see how New Orleans doesn't have that division sewn up already.
Whatever "rapt." means, yeah i'm that! Been listeneing to ATL sportsradio all day on the iphone, it's heaven^^...But again, this week was all about Brees keeping his consecutive TD streak, thanks to a great Bengals D stopping 5 yard passes by Tom Brady...

Honestly, I'll take a 3-game losing streak if we can just squash the pats at home...DESTROYING them in our SB year 4 years ago was a lifelight that i sorely want to revisit...
Old 2013-10-10, 00:42   Link #7299
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Things just got much worse for Aldon Smith
Old 2013-10-10, 12:26   Link #7300
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I cry when I see wasted talent...

Quote:
.............You know what, can someone speaks some sense into this nonsense?

The NFL cannot even put an NFL team in Los Angeles, one of the biggest Sport's market in the world and the United States. So if they cannot even do that, why on Earth do they think they can place an NFL team in another continent where many people don't even like our sport? Can someone explain this, I mean I only took one Economic Course in college, but come one where is the sense in this?
You are aware that the Raiders and Rams were based in LA before, right?
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports