AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2006-05-04, 18:26   Link #61
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Well, you find out what the framerate is of your video. In AE you select the composition for your karaoke, go to 'composition' --> 'composition settings' and see if it has the same framerate. If not.. change it to whatever framerate your video has you wanna apply the karaoke to with overlay. Otherwise, i dont know what the problem is either.

Anyway, i got my own problems again, this time its about upscaling (nooo!).
I didn't know we were gonna release in 720p, so i made everything in 704x396. I cant change every setting so easily, cause it goes bumping and moving a bit downwards to drop shadow and glow with settings for opacity.

Upscaling with putting it in another layer with 1280x720 resolution, then resizing, then collapse is what AE help says is best for upscaling. But it doesnt look all that promising. Do i really need to change every setting? (multiplying by 1,818181 that is, at least in most cases, but the ones that cant be changed with that are the biggest problem).
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 19:22   Link #62
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Code:
avisource("X:/1280x720episode.avi")
a = avisource("X:/704x396sign.avi").lanczos4resize(1280,720)
overlay(last, a, mask=a.showalpha())
Problem fixed? Slightly ugly maybe, but a LOT easier than redoing everything, at least...
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 18:59   Link #63
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Hmm.. well.. i had to redo it to make it look acceptable (i really couldnt live with upscaling something i spent so much time on), but these are options described in the AE help:

I tried the first option, collapse, but it didnt look that promising. And stretching the output in the render options is said to have a worse appearence, so i just changed every comp (well, it wasnt just one.. more like one in another in another). Anyway thanks for your advice..

Btw, about that line [code]trim(0,999)+trim(1000,1500).overlay(last, sign01, mask=sign01.showalpha())+trim(1501,0)[\code]

it didnt work for me.. i had to remove the 'last' in overlay because well, i think you know why :P Dont know if it gave problems to other people, at least i got an error saying something about invalid parameters.
Old 2006-05-06, 05:10   Link #64
TheFluff

You probably loaded the sign wrong (not to a variable) or something. overlay() takes TWO clip parameters, not one. From the manual:
Code:
Overlay (clip, clip overlay, int ''x'', int ''y'', clip ''mask'', float ''opacity'', string ''mode'', bool ''greymask'', string ''output'', bool ''ignore_conditional'', bool ''pc_range'')
Making the sign the first clip parameter confuses it by making it think it should use that as the video source, hence the explicit specification of last as the clip to overlay stuff on.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2006-05-08, 09:21   Link #65
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Well, i can only do that when its a separate line. When i use the dot to make it a property of the clip like 'clip.overlay(....)' i think it already takes clip as its first parameter, at least, i cant get it to work with two clips.

Anyway, it seems as if the overlay function is a little different then rendering it directly on the video with AE. I got two different results:

Kinda weird, it appears a little different too.

When overlaying karaoke, you get the same problem when you let lines fadeout. Rendering it directly onto the video with AE gives you the results you expect, but using overlay makes it darker when it fades out, almost black. It feels different, less smooth

I guess AE uses a different algorithm or there are some problems with colorspaces when using avisynth, but it's definately not the same (here).

EDIT:
Could it possibly be something with premultiplied vs straight?

Last edited by dj_tjerk; 2006-05-08 at 09:39.
Old 2006-05-08, 10:17   Link #66
TheFluff

Urk, you're correct, that example is wrong. You can't use OOP notation with functions that take more than one clip as arguments. The correct way to do it is:
Code:
trim(0,999)+overlay(last.trim(1000,1500), sign01, mask=sign01.showalpha())+trim(1501,0)
Apologies for the confusion... since I started using that insertsign() function I haven't used the "hard way" in ages.

As for the "darker" stuff... I have no idea, since I don't use AFX myself, but I've never heard anyone complain about that problem. It almost sounds like your alpha channel is borked...
Anyway, if you want to experiment with different overlaying modes, take a look at the mode parameter of overlay(). The default mode is "blend" which is probably what you really want, but feel free to experiment...
http://avisynth.org/Overlay

Old 2006-05-08, 12:48   Link #67
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

hmm.. trimming inside the overlay. Seems the same to me as applying overlay to a trimmed part with using the dot. Anyway I'm rendering to straight alpha now, hoping it gives better results.
Old 2006-05-08, 15:10   Link #68
TheFluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_tjerk
hmm.. trimming inside the overlay. Seems the same to me as applying overlay to a trimmed part with using the dot.
Semantically, it is, but the manual says you can't use the "dot notation" with functions that take more than one clip argument. Why, I'm not sure.

Old 2006-05-08, 16:33   Link #69
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Well, thanks for your help I think everything is fine now. Exporting to straight alpha fixed the problems I had, and I'm not experiencing rarities with using overlay as a property of trim
Old 2006-05-15, 03:30   Link #70
Ninja82

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathWolf
no, you dont anymore, use the space control to change the space widths
I have a question about the space control in the script of shinjipierre. Now we have to use the space control to change the space widths. In the effects of that space control there is the "SLIDER". So we just move the value of this Slider until there is no spaces? Just with the slider you can not be accurate if you cover those spaces in the exact width or I am doing something wrong?
Ninja82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 08:12   Link #71
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

The value you need to set the slider to depends on the font you use and (maybe.. I thought it didnt) on the pixel size. You just slide it until the distance between syllables is the same as the distance between letters in a syllable

And its basically the reference value for the tracking amount of spaces. You could say that a certain value means 0px width. If you go lower its a negative value, so the syllables get closer together. If its bigger than the desired value, the spaces added for making syllables 'words' (AE recognizes them as such when there are spaces between), can still be seen and the syllables will look like real words (with spaces around them) instead of syllables of a word.
Old 2006-05-15, 08:15   Link #72
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Here's maybe a basic question:

Using shinji Pierre's scripts, how do I make the entire line fade in and fade out. I can, for example, adjust the opaque parameter on one line at a time, but is there a way to automate it and copy it to other lines? Or must it be done manually?

something akin to a basic \fade(500,500) in textsub...
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 10:07   Link #73
Devastator

I've been using Adobe AE 7.0 Pro for quite some time now, but I have an issue regarding the fps. It seems even if I force VDM to output a video specifically to 23.976 fps, AE will still import the video as 23.98 fps. I've checked the video to make sure it was still 23.976 fps (and it is).

Thank you for your time and support in this matter.
Devastator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 11:15   Link #74
Devastator

After having been childishly insulted, I managed to find a solution to my own problem. Thanks anyways to those who were going to help.
Devastator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 11:22   Link #75
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastator
I've been using Adobe AE 7.0 Pro for quite some time now, but I have an issue regarding the fps. It seems even if I force VDM to output a video specifically to 23.976 fps, AE will still import the video as 23.98 fps. I've checked the video to make sure it was still 23.976 fps (and it is).

Thank you for your time and support in this matter.
I think it doesnt matter how AE displays the framerate; deep inside it knows its 23.976 instead of 23.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy
Here's maybe a basic question:

Using shinji Pierre's scripts, how do I make the entire line fade in and fade out. I can, for example, adjust the opaque parameter on one line at a time, but is there a way to automate it and copy it to other lines? Or must it be done manually?

something akin to a basic \fade(500,500) in textsub...
Animate the Opacity ('Animate >' next to 'Text')
Apply this expression to the opacity.
Code:
duration_fadein = 0.12;
duration_fadeout = 1.5;

if ( time <= thisLayer.inPoint + duration_fadein ) { 
   opac = ( (time - thisLayer.inPoint) / duration_fadein) * 100;
}
else if (time >= thisLayer.outPoint - duration_fadeout ) {
   opac = ((thisLayer.outPoint - time) / duration_fadeout) * 100;
}
else {
   opac = 100;
}
opac
you then copy the opacity animator to other layers, and its done
Be aware that AE will always take the last settings for opacity, so if you got one 'base' layer and an 'animation' layer with disappearing and appearing syllables, you need to apply something like this to the end selector of the animator
Code:
duration_fadein = 0.25;
duration_fadeout = 0.3;

if ( time <= thisLayer.inPoint + duration_fadein ) { 
   end = 100;
}
else if (time >= thisLayer.outPoint - duration_fadeout ) {
   end = 100;
}
else {
   end = 0;
}
end
At least.. this is how i've done it
Old 2006-05-15, 19:07   Link #76
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_tjerk
At least.. this is how i've done it
Aha, animators. I guess I should go read up on those then. Sounds good.

Actually, so does using \t karaoke .
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 19:02   Link #77
Jaria

sybc problems

the only problem i have is is syncing the audio.. with the video... for some strange reason after i render the video in after effects (huffy,xvid, or whatever) it seems to give a strange time skew.. like first 20 min are okay but after that it slowly gets to awfull .. so for some strange reason after effects alters my video.. in a sertain way i havent figured out yet... any help would be very nice since this is driving me crazy
btw i use (ogg vorbis for sound encoded with besweet and tried several encoders in after effects like huffy and xvid and x.264 but had no difference)
Jaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 20:55   Link #78
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaria
the only problem i have is is syncing the audio.. with the video... for some strange reason after i render the video in after effects (huffy,xvid, or whatever) it seems to give a strange time skew.. like first 20 min are okay but after that it slowly gets to awfull .. so for some strange reason after effects alters my video.. in a sertain way i havent figured out yet... any help would be very nice since this is driving me crazy
Hmm... well, for starters, check your framerate in AE, and ensure the composition's framerate matches exactly that of the raw (24 isn't the same as 23.976, and 30 isn't the same as 29.97). Also, watch out for AE's bad habit of sometimes detecting the wrong framerate (for example, detecting 23.98 instead of 23.976, etc.) - in that case, you should use the "Interpret footage" option to make sure it's reading it correctly. If AE is reading or interpreting the framerate incorrectly, it'd cause the sort of gradual skew you describe when you render the video out and try to align it with the original extracted audio. I suppose there are more things that it could be, but that's the first thing I'd check.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 14:15   Link #79
Jaria

well i checked it at looking at the properties in media player classic wich said both where 23,98 (the one that get encoded with AE and played okay and the one the AE encoded and gave the annoying gradual timeskew...) also checked my AE project file wich also said its 23,98 but then i did interpret footage in AE wich said 23,976 and second checked with vdubmod wich also said 23,976 so redid the composition with that exact setting and its now encoding and i hope this will fix it.
thank you in advance for your kind help
Jaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 14:46   Link #80
G.U.N.D.A.M

how can i move one syllable at a time, when i use some effects the line move randomly
G.U.N.D.A.M is offline   Reply With Quote