AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-13, 19:32   Link #2421
uis

Ha ha ha the only ep saki that i facepalm at end...
I mean it nice see Hisa x Mihoko x Yumi x Touka but...

Why Nodoka raped too much... *i want see Hajime play seriously*
The end result really make me facepalm... yeah Yumi and Touka better goes to national...
but u know the main character always win in the end even how much u support side chara...

Oh well anyway nice to see Miharun play seriously... *have a chance to show her skill before Nanpo and Saki lol...*

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 21:45   Link #2422
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
How did Saki manage to make it to third place after going four games +/- 0? Going into her last two games, she didn't win by that much either, but she suddenly jumps into third?
+20 point bonus for taking first place. 6x20 = 120 + 40/4 = finishing with about 40000 points for those other 4 rounds. (If people didn't notice, she finished at +/-0+20 in Round 9 and +2+20 in Round 10.)
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 21:55   Link #2423
orangejuicetang

Okay. A plus twenty bonus for first place. I know that already. The at least four rounds she got +/- 0 she definitely could not have taken first place. And I feel like the other players she beat, such as Touka, Hisa, ect. probably did not lose the games they were in when unless there were playing other named characters. So they probably won all their games except for 1 or 2. And they still placed lower than Saki who went at least four games without winning first.

How the hell do you get a +/-0+20 if the +20 point bonus is for first place? What, does second place get the bonus +20 too? Or did she come in first with a +/-0? How the hell do you manage to come in first with a +/-0?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 22:03   Link #2424
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

The second half was really rushed, it felt like they could have EASILY stretched it to another episode with the epic PRESIDENT MATCHUP. And it was really sad to see Touka and Tsuruga couple so dissapointed afterward, but Hisa losing due to 1 point just made me

But that's enough rants, I'm going to look forward to next week's light SoL episode. I see Koromo in the preview so there's not much else they can screw up

And finally, Miharun finally got her moment in the spotlight, wonder if the other Kazekoshi girls can get the same treatment?

Even the girls want her...
Marisa Kirisame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 22:32   Link #2425
bayoab

Quote:
Okay. A plus twenty bonus for first place. I know that already. The at least four rounds she got +/- 0 she definitely could not have taken first place.
Right, she had +/-0 overall.

Quote:
And I feel like the other players she beat, such as Touka, Hisa, ect. probably did not lose the games they were in when unless there were playing other named characters. So they probably won all their games except for 1 or 2. And they still placed lower than Saki who went at least four games without winning first.
The scores were just absurdly close for everyone. Hisa got a -1 in her round against Saki so in that round alone, Saki gained 21 points on her. Hisa gets 30 points in the last round and Saki only got 22. This says that Saki was +9 on the president after round 9 but -12 on the president before that. Remember that pretty much everyone except the winner usually ends up losing points.
Quote:
How the hell do you get a +/-0+20 if the +20 point bonus is for first place? What, does second place get the bonus +20 too? Or did she come in first with a +/-0? How the hell do you manage to come in first with a +/-0?
It would normally be noted as +20, but I was just trying to point out she would have scored a +/-0 without the 1st place bonus. (You just need to break 30000 so 30000-30400 will get you the said score.) And no, second place doesn't get it.
Old 2009-09-14, 06:44   Link #2426
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
God dammit Saki, win with something other than Rinshan Kaihou. Stop being such a 1 trick pony. "I get 1 kong=automatic victory. I get 1 pon=I'll get the kong on the next turn=automatic victory." Saki had a godly hand, and was complaining "I can't get any kongs. Oh no. I'm lost for I can't do anything. Oh wait, if I remember online mahjong I'll win, because looking at the board a different way makes my opponent discard exactly what I need. YOU HAD A GODDAMN CONCEALED THREE COLOR STRAIGHT WITH AT LEAST ONE DORA HAND AND WAS IN TENPAI! and your still talking about your damn kongs. Throw a fucking riichi and first round tsumo off that. You'll get the same number of points, no I lie, you'll get more points because you still flip up another dora indicator, but you get 3 extra fan for keeping your hand concealed, the riichi, and the first round tsumo, instead of the 1 extra fan for the Rinshan Kaihou.

Another thing. Trying to show three games at once failed epically. I didn't really the "I win (switch to a different game) I win, rinse and repeat" format. Hell, I think it would even be better if they just focused on one game, and just announced the results of the other two.

Yes, they established that random new girl Nanpo was like the anti-Yuki, who was good on south round. But really, that good on the south round? Good enough to give an Koromo style invisible gust of fear and power felt by other players? Able to do Koromo-Saki monster level manipulation of the tiles?

And does Kiyosumi really need 2 players going to individual nationals as well? Their already all going to the team tournament. What's the point of giving us the all the reason that the other teams need to win "must take koromo to restaurant" and "last year I'm able to play". Poor Touka and Yumi. Is it so absolutely urgent that they get both Nodoko and Saki there? They couldn't have randomly changed the number of players going to 4? Or had Koromo play?
Kudos for taking the words right out of my mouth and that line in particular. Fucking Saki doesn't deserve to be in the nationals at all (there are plenty of other candidates out there namely Hisa who showed the best skills in terminating all the best players including Mihoko who ended up winning the entire tournament >.>).

Here's a cookie for your troubles

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 07:29   Link #2427
kniteowl

lol... wow I was half expecting some people against Saki making it to the Individual National Tourny.

Saki +162
Hisa +161

Wondered what would've happend if 3rd place was a tie/draw?

A play off between 3rd (tie), 4th & 5th rank place players?

That would've been awesome... but only 2 episodes left.... that's more then enough considering that Mako's team match was only 1 episode lol.
Old 2009-09-14, 09:02   Link #2428
Peanutbutter

On the whole, the individual arc really felt underwhelming. I guessed this much has to do because the author hasn't really set her pen down yet.

Although I got 3/4 of my dream match, it was too short, not intensive enough.

Made me realise that the entire good part of the show was Saki vs Koromo. Damn, Koromo really carried the show well, with ample time given to build her up.

I wonder how many years do we have to wait before we have Saki vs Teru???
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 11:08   Link #2429
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
It would normally be noted as +20, but I was just trying to point out she would have scored a +/-0 without the 1st place bonus. (You just need to break 30000 so 30000-30400 will get you the said score.) And no, second place doesn't get it.
This isn't explaining how you could have scored +0/-0 and get the first place bonus. From what I understand, the score before bonuses are added are a set amount. That means that if one player has a +50, another player has a -50, or two players have a -30 and -20, or ect. If at the end of the game, she had a +0/-0, there only way she could have came in first is if she tied with every other player at her table with a +0/-0 score. Unless I'm misunderstanding something here.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-09-14, 11:10   Link #2430
anselfir
Style Über Alles

the question with this show is what state of cooperation between the manga author and the animu production. the individual tournament etc are nice and all, but let's be honest. compared to the further development of the main story, it is a filler sideshow. the main story is of course saki's eventual confrontation with her sister, a highly built up character that should serve the role of the FINAL BOSS. the manga story hasn't advanced faster than the antarctic ice shelf for a while now. unless some deals are made that enable the animu to show original story material before the manga is produced, i don't see much potential for the animu's progress either.
Old 2009-09-14, 11:38   Link #2431
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
This isn't explaining how you could have scored +0/-0 and get the first place bonus. From what I understand, the score before bonuses are added are a set amount. That means that if one player has a +50, another player has a -50, or two players have a -30 and -20, or ect. If at the end of the game, she had a +0/-0, there only way she could have came in first is if she tied with every other player at her table with a +0/-0 score. Unless I'm misunderstanding something here.
You are misunderstanding something.

Everyone starts with 25,000 points, i.e. they start -5.

That's because everyone REALLY starts with 30,000 points and sticks 5,000 in a "pot" that is given to the winner. That's where the +20 bonus for the winner comes from.

Remember, mahjong is originally a gambling game. The 5,000 from each player is equivalent to the ante in poker.

So during the round, everyone's scores actually add up to -20. Only after the +20 bonus is added to the winner do they add up to 0.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 17:03   Link #2432
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What was up with those frozen faces?

I rather liked Yoshitome's attitude, even if it came to naught. Playing for her team mate rather than herself, even in the individuals. Kozue ended up being nothing but fodder for Saki. Too bad. Though I do wonder about her gimmick. It seems so... arbitrary. What's so special about the south round?

Also, poor Touka.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 17:16   Link #2433
Key Board
Carbon

This arc was decent as a filler arc.

I know they are having many problems. One being the obvious lack of source to draw inspirations from, the other Gonzo going out of business

but I'm thankful I got to see the other schools one last time

It's clear to me that the manga will just skip to the nationals
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 17:18   Link #2434
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
What was up with those frozen faces?

I rather liked Yoshitome's attitude, even if it came to naught. Playing for her team mate rather than herself, even in the individuals. Kozue ended up being nothing but fodder for Saki. Too bad. Though I do wonder about her gimmick. It seems so... arbitrary. What's so special about the south round?

Also, poor Touka.
What's so special about the east round?

Maybe Kozue just takes a while to get back up to speed.
Old 2009-09-14, 18:27   Link #2435
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Congrats to Nodoka and Saki for making it to the nationals.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 18:32   Link #2436
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well, then again this arc may have been worth it because of the mighty wahaha riichi.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 20:47   Link #2437
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjalorak View Post
What's so special about the east round?

Maybe Kozue just takes a while to get back up to speed.
Except with Yuki, it's just because she loses concentration and doesn't focus. For Kozue, it's not that she focuses more, but she busts out , like I've said before, Koromo style gust of evil wind and tile manipulation. That's not concentration. That's a sign of someone who is apparently "loved by the tiles", but it seems only for the south round.

Old 2009-09-14, 22:25   Link #2438
FateAnomaly

Another fun episode. Didn't expect Kiyosumi to have 2 person in. Ryuumonbuchi didn't get in but at least we got to see Touka again albeit briefly. I have to wonder why she needed the excuse to go to Tokyo when she is so rich.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 23:23   Link #2439
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Kozue ended up being nothing but fodder for Saki. Too bad. Though I do wonder about her gimmick. It seems so... arbitrary. What's so special about the south round?
It's a name pun which suggests that she's non-cannon material. (Saki is the really the only character which has a name pun.)
Nanpo Kazue is written 南浦 数絵 (and there are tons of similar looking write outs such as 南捕 which give better pun material) which is the kanji for: South Inlet, Count Pictures.
Old 2009-09-14, 23:26   Link #2440
redbible

Mmm...
On the one hand I am happy and for sad other one. This arc produces contradictory feelings to me. On the one hand it makes me happy that they go to national the normal players (without any strange power like Koromo, Momo or Saki) as Mihoko or Nodoka, on the other hand I feel that Saki should have taken a punishment as her irresponsibility to the beginning and to go in her place or Yumi or Hisa. Another thing that upset me is that there were three matches good potentials, Kana vs Nodoka, Touka-Hisa-Yumi-Mihoko and the girl of Nanpo vs Saki. One for episode would have been better, but they all became summarized in an episode what left a bitter flavor me.
redbible is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
competition, mahjong, seinen