AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Itachi - Hero or Villain? Or something else?
Hero 80 36.53%
Anti-Hero 46 21.00%
Other 24 10.96%
Villain 19 8.68%
Anti-Villain 50 22.83%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-12-24, 18:03   Link #81
Zidane10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
Ok. I will admit I am a little confused.

Itachi wiped out his entire clan bar Sasuke, for the sake of Konoha and that makes him a hero? Can no one here think of an alternative? Or even a more fitting heroic comprimise?
As the series explains he didn't want the problem break out into a civil war and then maybe the fourth ninja war, and the compromises between the fourth hokage and the Uchiha didn't work out the only soultion was to quell his father the resistance and his clan. The thing that made it a nightmare is Itachi was the only one void Madara who could have possibly pulled the annilation off without a hitch so in destroying his own people he saved the village from total destruction. Were there other possiblities sure they probably could have made more attempts at compromise but the village hated Uchiha and vise versa, that was not going to change. Anyways without this we would not get the Sasuke we like, the Avenger!
Zidane10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 18:32   Link #82
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I guess we can now erase the manga-tag in front of the thread-title. Itachi´s a done character in the anime now, I think.
Old 2009-12-24, 21:54   Link #83
Fishcaek-Chan
Victory is taken!

Send a message via Yahoo to Fishcaek-Chan
Anything besides hero deserves a slap in the face.

Fishcaek-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 03:45   Link #84
Aimingan12
Chibi's Bishie
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Aimingan12
Hero? Villian? I voted that he was a hero but Itachi seems to be a little of both.

"All is lost."
Aimingan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 17:03   Link #85
nina-antalk
Keep Smiling :)

I think Itachi was a hero.But as Aimingan12 said he seems to be a little of both.
Old 2009-12-25, 18:21   Link #86
omegasaries

After Naruto Shipuden episode 141, where madara tells the tale of Itachi, who doesnt find him to be at least a tragic hero or a hero should be send out to the street and shot.
The guy did what he had to do to protect what he cared the most but he cared even more for his brother, if you dont find this to be Love and Care... i dont know...
omegasaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 18:57   Link #87
Aimingan12
Chibi's Bishie
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegasaries View Post
After Naruto Shipuden episode 141, where madara tells the tale of Itachi, who doesnt find him to be at least a tragic hero or a hero should be send out to the street and shot.
The guy did what he had to do to protect what he cared the most but he cared even more for his brother, if you dont find this to be Love and Care... i dont know...
Yes Itachi did what he did for a good reason and that does make him a hero but he joined the Akatsuki and killed his clan.

"All is lost."
Old 2009-12-25, 19:00   Link #88
omegasaries

And if he hadnt done that the entire Fire Country would end up in war and instead of the clan it would have been the entire konoha and the rest to hell.
Its true that what he did was wrong but if you must see that he had to make a choice and he choose to kill few to save many... wrong? ... yes... but all great heros sacrificed something in their lives why shoud itachi be any different?
Old 2009-12-25, 19:00   Link #89
Fishcaek-Chan
Victory is taken!

Send a message via Yahoo to Fishcaek-Chan
I think I'd go with him being just a regular old person if I was truely asked~ He loved his brother and his village, whoa! That's unnormal for any old regular person!<--Sarcastic
He protected what he loved as a hero would that's true, but if put in the same position I'm sure many would also do the same.

Fishcaek-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 19:20   Link #90
omegasaries

Fishcaek-Chan, i salute you
Old 2009-12-25, 19:21   Link #91
Kaiba

Frankly, I'll freely admit I'm not even 100% certain that he was actually a good guy to begin with. The only evidence that we have is Madara's word (suspect to say the least, particularly when we know for certain he is indeed lying on other things) and what Danzou says. And maybe other animes have me extra paranoid (Umineko, I'm looking at you) but Danzou actually hasn't said anything about a massacre when asked about Sasuke - all he talks about is Itachi's sacrifice, and while it's implied it's the massacre, the possibility of Danzou and Sasuke referring to two completely different things exists, if highly unlikely.

Even if Itachi did kill the clan in the name of peace, I refuse to declare him a hero by any stretch of the imagination. I personally find the ideal of killing a few to save many the most reprehensible moral doctrine possible - as a student of history, perhaps no ideal has killed as many people throughout history as those at the top convinced a few Jews or capitalists or blacks needed to be sacrificed in the name of peace or the future Utopia or for the betterment of all mankind.
I'm going to have to go with either anti-hero or just flat villain, as I refuse to accept someone who would do what he did to be a hero.

Quote:
Love? Sure, not killing him could possibly be construed as love, but mind-raping him? Telling him he lacked hate? Permanently twisting his mind towards revenge? Yeah, that's not a nutjob, that's a loving brother.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 19:28   Link #92
Aimingan12
Chibi's Bishie
*Author

@Kaiba: I agree with everything you posted.
I myself don't find Itachi a true hero. In my opinion he's half of both. He murdered his clan and joined Akatsuki, he spared only his younger brother b/c he couldn't kill him but still he ruined his childhood since he witnessed his own clans massacre. I don't see how Itachi can be a full hero for what he did.

"All is lost."
Old 2009-12-25, 19:36   Link #93
omegasaries

Hero / Tragic Hero / Villan, everyone has their piece of mind... but do consider that if itachi or even madara hadnt do what they did maybe we wouldnt have " Naruto"
Old 2009-12-27, 16:48   Link #94
rd1979

Are we really so sure about everything Madara said was lies? We all know he painted a picture to put himself in the best light, but how do we know for sure which parts of what he said were lies, and which parts were true?

Was the Uchiha clan really planning a revolt? Whats Danzo's true role in everything? There's so many more questions that need answering, and I think we really need to re-examine whats going on.
rd1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 20:16   Link #95
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Well, I think we should define some characteristics here.
I picked it up and tried to change and describe it.

Spoiler for info:

Last edited by AuroraFlash; 2010-01-02 at 13:46.
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 05:42   Link #96
Kallen4life

tragic hero I think
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 10:23   Link #97
henrinaiara

Itachi is the professional one...
I like his jutsu..AMATERASU
henrinaiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 12:46   Link #98
Aimingan12
Chibi's Bishie
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrinaiara View Post
Itachi is the professional one...
I like his jutsu..AMATERASU
But who do you think is stronger?

"All is lost."
Old 2010-01-08, 13:33   Link #99
Aqua Knight

The type of hero I admire.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 18:43   Link #100
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Hero? What killing the old geezers in charge of Konoha and leaving the Uchiha rebel was somehow too evil for hero deeds. Killing his father, mother, and pretty much every other relative except Sasuke (for whom under the circumstances we can only assume had dirty thoughts for) sure makes him on hell of a hero. /sarcasm

I can't believe how many people voted hero. Hello etnic clensing (of your own people no less) is not EXCUSABLE! "but he saved a kitty!" pfft. Frankly I call the Itachi story complete bull, wouldn't be surprised if we get some twist later for it.

And what the hell is a "anti-villain" LOL

Tags
manga