AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-14, 14:59   Link #11241
Breidaluk

Well, maybe i am just thinking too much. Anyways, it would be good if Vol 2 were translated so we could have more hints.
Old 2011-06-14, 15:00   Link #11242
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Fiamma' s 'Third Arm' moves in accord to Fiamma's right hand moves, he doesn't have the proper medium but still is there.

Touma didn't negated the attack as if he had the IB he cut it into a half, if its a "residual power" then Fiamma would never had to release a large amount of his power output to overwhelm it.
But the Third Arm is not the Holy Right. It's just a reflection.
Old 2011-06-14, 20:11   Link #11243
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
But the Third Arm is not the Holy Right. It's just a reflection.
A reflection needs is the product of a real object which is Fiamma's right arm/hand.
Old 2011-06-14, 22:00   Link #11244
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Wasn't that more of because Izzard went nuts and pretty much made the Dragon appear?
Vol2 epilogue mentioned Touma thinking how in the world does Aureolus giving in to the idea "He can't win against Touma" lead to a thought as detailed and specific as "a dragon's head popping out from his severed right arm". It was foreshadowing that the Dragon head wasn't just Aureolus' imagination and there's something inside Touma, and a few sentences afterwards the narration suggested that monster had nothing to do with Aureolus' Ars Magna.

On a side note... in Vol2 epilogue Index walked in to see Touma trying to embrace Stiyl (I'll let you guys go find out what's the reason from the raws, more fun that way ), thought the two was in a relationship and apologised for disturbing them before trying to leave. Touma wanted to refute that but can't just say "That's wrong, i'm only interested in you" to a little girl and Stiyl just smiles while he watches Touma suffer.
Old 2011-06-14, 22:18   Link #11245
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
On a side note... in Vol2 epilogue Index walked in to see Touma trying to embrace Stiyl (I'll let you guys go find out what's the reason from the raws, more fun that way ), thought the two was in a relationship and apologised for disturbing them before trying to leave. Touma wanted to refute that but can't just say "That's wrong, i'm only interested in you" to a little girl and Stiyl just smiles while he watches Touma suffer.
That sounds like something I would write...

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-06-14, 22:29   Link #11246
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
That sounds like something I would write...
That thought did occur to me as well
Old 2011-06-14, 22:32   Link #11247
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

What I don't get is why Touma chose those words to defend himself ?
Old 2011-06-14, 23:24   Link #11248
Phibrizzo
Honos628

"When Accelerator tried to understand the logic behind Touma's powers in Volume 20, he felt extreme pain in his head, as if something was tearing the left and right half of his brain and splitting them apart, wanting to jump out of that gap and then gave up."

I have read novel 20 and this seems to be wrong, to me it seems the pain was caused mainly due to the darkwings that try to understand the logic, can anyone with access to the raw confirm or negate this.
Old 2011-06-14, 23:27   Link #11249
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
"When Accelerator tried to understand the logic behind Touma's powers in Volume 20, he felt extreme pain in his head, as if something was tearing the left and right half of his brain and splitting them apart, wanting to jump out of that gap and then gave up."

I have read novel 20 and this seems to be wrong, to me it seems the pain was caused mainly due to the darkwings that try to understand the logic, can anyone with access to the raw confirm or negate this.
Lol. More for the OBD?
Old 2011-06-14, 23:53   Link #11250
Phibrizzo
Honos628

You know the world doesn't resolve around the OBD, its just something I have been pondering for a while.
Old 2011-06-14, 23:59   Link #11251
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:

Can you give me a page number? I have volume 20 with me. But flipping through the pages that Accelerator fights with Touma, I did not see a page where he tries to contemplate Touma's power.
Old 2011-06-15, 00:03   Link #11252
Phibrizzo
Honos628

"In other words…

(I’ll smash him to pieces with overwhelming force not giving him a chance to fight back!!)

He could feel a dull pain deep in his head.

It felt like his right brain and left brain were being split apart and something was bursting out from within.

It was not a normal feeling.

He wasn’t even sure it was part of his powers as Academy City’s #1 Level 5.

He didn’t know what was going to happen.

He might even just disintegrate away. "

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...me20_Chapter_4

Part 2.
Old 2011-06-15, 00:48   Link #11253
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

If that's the text then all I'm getting out of that is he is pissed.
Old 2011-06-15, 00:50   Link #11254
NightGale

Quote:
"In other words…

(I’ll smash him to pieces with overwhelming force not giving him a chance to fight back!!)

He could feel a dull pain deep in his head.

It felt like his right brain and left brain were being split apart and something was bursting out from within.

It was not a normal feeling.

He wasn’t even sure it was part of his powers as Academy City’s #1 Level 5.

He didn’t know what was going to happen.

He might even just disintegrate away. "

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...me20_Chapter_4

Part 2.
If i´m right he´s talking about his own power (well in fact he´s talking about the black wings, of which he doesn´t truly understand it source...), as he goes on the fight he feels more strain from using those black wings, and is natural, is a power that goes beyond his own limits and this is the first time he´s been using them this long (with Kakine it was a one hit thing doubt it went beyond 15 minutes, but he´s been rampaging for a while since he´s fight with MW, so what maybe 1 hour?). What happens here is simply that the transition between his inner thoughts from Touma´s power to how to use his own to defeat it is a bit rough.
Old 2011-06-15, 01:00   Link #11255
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Yeah that was my impression, well seems I have to request later permision to edit the wikia.
Old 2011-06-15, 03:55   Link #11256
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Checked the book. Yeah, that part is Accelerator suffering from the pain of using his wings. Accelerator already finished contemplating Touma's power in the paragraph before that.
Old 2011-06-15, 10:51   Link #11257
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

When Accelerator goes Angelerator in V.22 don't you hear this song?

Spoiler:
Old 2011-06-15, 12:28   Link #11258
Inept Forum User

Question

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I'll go ahead anyway.

Misaka Worst is supposed to be an outlet for the Misaka Network's negative feelings, right? What do you suppose would happen if she received negative emotions that were directed at her (such as killing intent or jealousy)?
Old 2011-06-15, 12:33   Link #11259
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Few possibilities I guess:
1. She would attack herself or something
2. She would direct the emotion towards someone else... presumably the source
3. Her creators put in a countermeasure against that so nothing happens

We don't know just how good she is at resisting the temptations I think. Seeing as she doesn't seem to hate Accel as she claimed, her resistance may not be that low. Tough I'd like to see Volume 21 before commenting on hatred towards Accel...
Old 2011-06-15, 14:00   Link #11260
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I'll go ahead anyway.

Misaka Worst is supposed to be an outlet for the Misaka Network's negative feelings, right? What do you suppose would happen if she received negative emotions that were directed at her (such as killing intent or jealousy)?
For what I remember she also stated herself that the Sisters can't feel hate since they weren't meant to and that they just might develop the ability to feel something like that later.

Considering that she was custom made "for a single purpose" and the sisters couldn't feel hate at the time, I doubt that her developers took that into account. Perhaps she would simply feel hate for herself or would get depressed? Of course I doubt that any of our theories would be able to match the reality of Worst amazing actions if that actually happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere
Index walked in to see Touma trying to embrace Stiyl (I'll let you guys go find out what's the reason from the raws, more fun that way )
That's right after Touma called Stiyl "you are such a nice man" (twice), right?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen