AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-05, 11:52   Link #21
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Dear God... the sheer adorableness of CC's facial expressions. I hope he survives long enough for Oda to keep this trend going.
Old 2013-02-05, 11:56   Link #22
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Man love chapters like these with the SH casually chilling out.
Sanji's causal advice to Law, Chopper telling Sanji to not beat the shit outta CC until he's finished tending his wounds, the "Nays", Chopper's misguided admiration, all great stuff and then Kuzan, it's really quite the chapter
Old 2013-02-05, 12:08   Link #23
Battler-kun

Yeah good chapter, good enough to make Oda taking a break again to think what he is exactly doing the next....
Old 2013-02-05, 13:36   Link #24
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
To be honest, I've been pretty hesitant about bringing up this theory for a while because it's one I've seen pop up every now and then over the years with very little (if any) evidence to back it up. But now I feel there's enough ground to stand on to ask the big question: Is Doflamingo part of the "D" clan?

Now again, this is an idea that I originally thought ridiculous myself, but the recent chapters have started to make me think otherwise. I mean, apparently Dofla is being treated as if he were someone of royal or noble lineage, what with some of his own crew referring to him as "young master" and whatnot. The next clue was what Vergo had told Law about how he "knew nothing of Joker's past", which could imply that there's a more complex history behind the warlord than initially expected. The clincher for me is the fact that he can use conqueror's haki.... which very few people are capable of using. And remember, Monet even said that she wanted Dofla to become Pirate King..... which would require someone with a "king's disposition", I believe.

So with all that being said, what if Dofla's actual name wasn't "Donquixote Doflamingo", but rather Donquixote D. Flamingo? He could have slightly altered his name for the public's eyes in a similar sense as to how "Gol D. Roger" became known as "Gold Roger". Again, this whole theory could be entirely wrong, but at least there's enough grounds to actually make it plausible.....
Good theory. Wouldn't surprise me. He has enough D's in his name to work something out.

I wonder if Doflamingo's strings wouldn't affect Kuzan since he can freeze them and they would break off. Maybe the same for Ace and burning them, Whitebeard and vibrating etc...

Do the cut marks Doflamingo inflicted on Smoker's face imply he also has CoA? I believe it was hinted he has CoO since he dodged Baby 5's bullet and the attack Smoker launched. If true that would mean he has command over all three types of Haki.. Beast indeed.

Kinnemon wasn't too surprised that Momonosuke was a dragon. Perhaps he has already seen the effects of the artificial DFs? It could also be that his comrade held hostage in Dressrosa was trying to defend Wano from Doflamingo's crew taking experimental subjects and/or generally trying to take power.
Old 2013-02-05, 14:40   Link #25
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Thanks to the artificial Smile fruits, he has over FIVE HUNDRED DF users in his army!
Since there can only be one person with one power at a time (i.e. only one person can transform into a giraffe) and assuming they are all Zoan (or at least a high percentage) and there are no aquatic Zoans, how many unique animals can there be?!
Old 2013-02-05, 15:00   Link #26
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Since there can only be one person with one power at a time (i.e. only one person can transform into a giraffe) and assuming they are all Zoan (or at least a high percentage) and there are no aquatic Zoans, how many unique animals can there be?!
http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0934288.html

there are currently 1.5+ million species on earth.

if you only count Reptiles, Insect, Mammals and birds, that would put the numbers at just under a million.

Minus the insects and Reptiles and leave only Mammals and Birds will still leave the number at 12k.
Old 2013-02-05, 15:06   Link #27
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

I would think that rule doesn't apply to artificial DFs - I'm guessing that Smile DF users can transform into a limited number of animals or even worse, they all have the same Zoan power...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Yeah, but 500? I don't think even Oda has the patience to create different designs for each one of them . They're just a (relatively) small part of the many enemies that the Straw Hats will have to fight, after all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0934288.html

there are currently 1.5+ million species on earth.

if you only count Reptiles, Insect, Mammals and birds, that would put the numbers at just under a million.

Minus the insects and Reptiles and leave only Mammals and Birds will still leave the number at 12k.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-02-06 at 12:59. Reason: Please use the "edit" button to add content to your post instead of double posting.
Old 2013-02-05, 15:11   Link #28
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
Yeah, but 500? I don't think even Oda has the patience to create different designs for each one of them . They're just a (relatively) small part of the many enemies that the Straw Hats will have to fight, after all...
Oda doesn't have too. Have you look at pictures of microscopic creatures like the Water Bear? Oda or his assistant could adapt natures design for his work.
Old 2013-02-05, 15:14   Link #29
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I don't see why Luffy should not be able to beat Doflamingo one on one .
In fact we don't even know how strong Luffy really is since his fights have been push overs .
Smoker get his ass kick off panel and face was bloody but he got his ass kick by Law just few chapters ago .
Only with law we saw the fight and he knock out smoker instead of trying to kill him , it was also a short fight .
While Doflamingo beating the crap out of smoker is hype , after the beating he took this arc already it don't seem like that big of a deal even if he is a VA.

I don't expect kuzan to really fight him next chapter .
Law's victory over Smoker was more attributed to cleverness and strategy than outright overpowering him. The deciding factor in that fight was Law's heart steal move; other than that, they were pretty even (though I consider Law stronger overall). Doflamingo, on the other hand, completely exerted his dominance over Smoker. Yes, it was off-panel, but that doesn't matter. Oda made it a point to show that Doflamingo easily overwhelmed a VA of Smoker's caliber just by beating him mercilessly (Smoker's bloodied up face and helplessness attest to this).

In other words, birdman beat Smoker a lot more convincingly and decisively than Law did. That's the difference. Luffy and Law don't strike me as being THAT much stronger than Smoker.
Old 2013-02-05, 16:05   Link #30
janipani

I have a feeling that Smoker is going to become supporter of Strawhats, even if maybe he will never fully admit it, but I have a feeling that in some crucial point his entire crew is going to lend a big helping hand before this manga is over.

Probably world government will split in two.

just saying...

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2013-02-05, 16:14   Link #31
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Well it's good to finally get a confirmation that Doflamingo does use strings. Question is that do they stem from a devil fruit or not? I'm willing to bet they are since he would have no reason to float over the ocean aside from quicker travel if they weren't.

Awesome to see post-skip Kuzan in the manga for the first time too. Doflamingo's probably too smart to mess with an opponent who outdoes him greatly in ability, so he'll probably retreat with Baby 5 and Buffalo after maybe a short scuffle.

And Doflamingo has conqueror's haki, he had the highest bounty in the series for a time for a good reason. Not to mention this is also the first confirmed antagonist to have it (if you don't count Hancock anymore). Since he has it, it also shows that all his subordinates devotion to him is all legitimate. I figured his crew was like a warped version of Luffy's.

Like I thought, the next destination is Dressrosa to destroy the Smile factory. Guess this ends the Punk Hazard arc.~
Old 2013-02-05, 17:13   Link #32
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
He will flee, Aokiji don't pursue him anyways, because he wouldn't do that probably even if he still was Marine, lazy guy.
I think you misunderstand the concept of lazy justice.
Old 2013-02-05, 17:48   Link #33
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I dunno...it's possible but if the main evidences are King's Disposition and a possible noble background, I fear they aren't really that strong to hold up the theory since D has never been connected with nobility at all and non-D's also have conqueror haki.

Yeah see, this was part of the reason why I was hesitant to post that theory in the first place. But also note that I pointed out Vergo's line about Law knowing nothing about Dofla's past. To me that implies that he has a much deeper history beyond his pirate/warlord status. Like maybe it's thanks to both his ruler's aspect and (hypothetical) "D" lineage that his influence even seeped as far as the WG's upper echelon, let alone the criminal underworld. Admittedly I'm not entirely confident about this theory myself, but when I connect "king's disposition", "potential noble bloodline", and "unknown past", it does give arise to some rather curious ideas in this noggin of mine.

Also, something just occurred to me: Now that Law is officially hanging out with Luffy's crew, this basically gives the anime team all of the opportunity in the world to cram Law into all sorts of godawful filler.....
Old 2013-02-05, 18:09   Link #34
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I'd rather Doflamingo be from nobility than a "D". And with the latest revelation of birdman possessing CoC, it makes one wonder who else will end up having it.
Old 2013-02-05, 18:29   Link #35
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Yeah see, this was part of the reason why I was hesitant to post that theory in the first place. But also note that I pointed out Vergo's line about Law knowing nothing about Dofla's past. To me that implies that he has a much deeper history beyond his pirate/warlord status. Like maybe it's thanks to both his ruler's aspect and (hypothetical) "D" lineage that his influence even seeped as far as the WG's upper echelon, let alone the criminal underworld. Admittedly I'm not entirely confident about this theory myself, but when I connect "king's disposition", "potential noble bloodline", and "unknown past", it does give arise to some rather curious ideas in this noggin of mine.
To be honest, while I would still think it's cool...I rather not have him be a D like Kuma, I like the D being restricted to a small group and not everyone that's special end up being a D.

Quote:
Also, something just occurred to me: Now that Law is officially hanging out with Luffy's crew, this basically gives the anime team all of the opportunity in the world to cram Law into all sorts of godawful filler.....
OP anime filler is actually pretty good...at least in my opinion D:
Old 2013-02-05, 20:57   Link #36
Undertaker

I feel bad for Smoker too, he now seem less of a threat now.

He's been out-matched since time skip.

Granted he has yet to have direct fight with Luffy, but base on his fight again Law and Vergo, it hard to think he'll done much better if he and Luffy were to fight seriously.
Old 2013-02-05, 20:59   Link #37
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post

Smoker has been Worf.
Old 2013-02-05, 21:28   Link #38
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Smoker has a bad track record against the shichibukai. Croc, Hancock, and Law, have all gotten the better of him in the past, so it's no surprise that Doflamingo with all his hype continues the trend in convincing fashion. There's no way in hell Luffy or Law can take this guy alone. This chapter basically brings Dofla back to how powerful I originally envisioned him: Marco/Jozu level (slightly below the admirals).
Old 2013-02-05, 21:34   Link #39
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I'd rather Doflamingo be from nobility than a "D". And with the latest revelation of birdman possessing CoC, it makes one wonder who else will end up having it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
To be honest, while I would still think it's cool...I rather not have him be a D like Kuma, I like the D being restricted to a small group and not everyone that's special end up being a D.
Personally, it wouldn't make much of a difference to me whether Dofla was a D or not either, but I still felt it was something interesting to think about. But yeah, I'd be perfectly fine if he were descended from a different lineage, as well (I dunno about him being related to the world nobles, though).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post

Like I said in the first page, Smoker is basically OP's Yamcha by this point. Think of a single fight that he's actually won in the entire series. Hell, he never even beat Luffy during their pre-skip encounters because their fights were usually interrupted by a superior force (Dragon, Ace, Hancock, etc.). The more I think about it, the more hilariously legit the comparison becomes!
Old 2013-02-05, 21:58   Link #40
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
(I dunno about him being related to the world nobles, though).
The world nobles are pompous assholes; Doffy is a pompous asshole. I'd say that correlation (in addition to how his crewmates address him and his mansion-like base) is a good start to him being of noble lineage .