AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-17, 16:36   Link #101
WhereAmI
Ecchi Otaku

Location: Inside your head, I'm a figment of your imagination
Sergey's invincible plot device
Old 2006-03-18, 06:47   Link #102
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhereAmI
I really think, hes the counterpart of Main char... Like in the Movies, the bad guys only die at the last seconds of a movie.and in the meantime, he survived all kind of crash,fire,bulletfights and so on...

Mfg,
Seska
Old 2006-03-18, 12:13   Link #103
Eclipze

Quote:
Um....you said it yourself. Its a plot device, not plot hole.

Actually, I would think justifying that Sergey has the "man of steel" plot shield would be more appropriate.
Old 2006-03-18, 12:26   Link #104
USCPharmacist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Um....you said it yourself. Its a plot device, not plot hole.

Actually, I would think justifying that Sergey has the "man of steel" plot shield would be more appropriate.
He is in the millatory, so you know like GI JOE
Old 2006-03-20, 16:23   Link #105
WhereAmI
Ecchi Otaku

Location: Inside your head, I'm a figment of your imagination
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska
I really think, hes the counterpart of Main char... Like in the Movies, the bad guys only die at the last seconds of a movie.and in the meantime, he survived all kind of crash,fire,bulletfights and so on...

Mfg,
Seska
I doubt that, I think his invincible plot device will protect him all the way to the end. It's Tate all over again, but with a lolli-complex twist (I guess the characters in Mai-Hime were just to old to get the pedaphile demographic to watch). I just pray they don't give Sergay a sword at the end of this one. I don't care one way or another if he lives or dies, as long as it fits well in the story, and isn't just some cheap ploy to get everyone to love this series. I'm not one that loves to see everyone die, I just think a "good" death (in the context of the story), is better than no reason to keep a character alive.
Old 2006-03-20, 18:01   Link #106
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
I doubt that, I think his invincible plot device will protect him all the way to the end. It's Tate all over again, but with a lolli-complex twist (I guess the characters in Mai-Hime were just to old to get the pedaphile demographic to watch)
In the beginning of MH, Mai is 15, so your theory seems a bit wrong. Of course, Arika behaves more like a ten year old than 15, so while mere numbers might prove you wrong, the characters' behaviour suggests that you are right in a sense.

Old 2006-03-21, 06:22   Link #107
astrallionheart

The problem seems like these "14 year olds" (Arika, Nina, Garderobe students) seem more like "11 year olds", because they are a full head and shoulder shorter than their senpais.

It seems they think the immature behavior isn't enough to show the age difference, they litterally had to draw huge adults and tiny teens ^o^
Old 2006-03-21, 16:53   Link #108
Mirtual

Quote:
He did got a scratch from that one child.

And let us not forget Miyu was able to deal some serious damage to him, when it wasn't for Arika Miyu would have killed him.
(seeing Miyu injuring Sergay is actually far more impressive than the fact that she could stop Nina while using the Harmonium...)
Old 2006-03-22, 08:57   Link #109
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Lightbulb Easy way to become a pillar

Step 1 : Aquare master gems ... normal are better since unique ones are usually in a pendant and would prouve hard to use
Step 2 : Aquare nano-machenes
Step 3 : Swallow one of the gems
Step 4 : Place the other in one ear

Congratulations U R now a pillar
Actually this might work just by wearing the ring and kissing it whenever you wish to materialize
Old 2006-03-22, 09:10   Link #110
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
Step 1 : Aquare master gems ... normal are better since unique ones are usually in a pendant and would prouve hard to use
Step 2 : Aquare nano-machenes
Step 3 : Swallow one of the gems
Step 4 : Place the other in one ear

Congratulations U R now a pillar
Actually this might work just by wearing the ring and kissing it whenever you wish to materialize
Your suggestion implies that the Master serves no purpose but causing problems, even though it is strongly suggested that they supply a form of power. Even the Pillars were bound to Fumi.

Your form of power is like trying to push a broken down car up a hill while sitting in the drivers seat.
Old 2006-03-22, 09:15   Link #111
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I agree that the master must have some role to play, I was just suggesting based on the way Mai can materialize of other posibilities ... althow Mai's materialization may have somethig to do with the fact that Mikoto is a Cat God (what does a Cat God do anyway ?)
Old 2006-03-22, 09:25   Link #112
Retsoor

I wouldn't try to swallow a gem either way, unless your concept of jolly good fun is to dig around your faeces for a shiny pebble every other day.
Old 2006-03-22, 09:26   Link #113
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
I agree that the master must have some role to play, I was just suggesting based on the way Mai can materialize of other posibilities ... althow Mai's materialization may have somethig to do with the fact that Mikoto is a Cat God (what does a Cat God do anyway ?)
As far as I know, gods "play God" all day. Which means they do all the things us mortals would get in trouble for doing if WE do it, You know? Mass murder, causing mutations by experimenting with lifeforms, generating natural disasters, impregnating virgins...

Mikoto just does lesser god things, like eating too much and being too lazy.^_^

Mai has a master. That's good enough a reason why she has powers, really.