AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-10-26, 00:30   Link #161
MorningGlory

I am also beginner when comes to reading light novel.I learn the basic Japanese for 2 week, later get bored and skip to the Light novel.My first light novel is katanagatari which is only started last year.
I am not good with those politic, economic and history which is mentioned in the LN. So I hope the Anime and the forum here could help me understand more =)

Anyway, I am loyal fan of the light Novel and I am get a bit rage when explanation(such as in Commie) different from the original Novel .

In volume1 part2, I seen that Shirojiro use his god that he worship to make deal with other gods using money T.T. So there is a god and a place for them to stay(heaven).
Other than that, Kimi worship the god of sex/seduce(dunno what the hell is that).maybe she have special ability like Shirojiro using the power of gods lol

Last edited by MorningGlory; 2011-10-26 at 00:49. Reason: grammer mistake lol
MorningGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 00:37   Link #162
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

All these nogel talk make me want to read the novel ><. if only there's a time machine that will enable me to catch up with all my reading T_T
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 00:58   Link #163
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Also another thing I've been curious about....the sigil left behind by the disappearances from the Ley disturbances....

Does it mean anything? Like is it related to some faction or something?
Old 2011-10-26, 04:41   Link #164
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
You are probably right. I am just reading translated information and documents. My Japanese level is only one year in college, so I understood as no direct connection and you can read as its own, but not unrelated. There are like 200,000+ posts on discussion of all his work on 2ch, and I'm honestly only understanding the iceberg of them all. Yet, some of the connections are so apparent that you can't just say they are totally unrelated (such as the usage of Tes. in Owari no Chronicle and Horizon are the same).

Since I'm working under the assumption that the works are related, I can't prove where they are from because there's no previous stories in the EDGE timeline. You believe the story is independent and I concede if that is true, your interpretation is correct. Yet, if this is the case, there is no prequel to the story. I have not gotten beyond volume 1. Allen here has read up to vol 4(?). Maybe he can shed some light if there are information regarding the ancestry of the different races in Horizon, and if the Angels are literally Angels in the biblical literature and have divine powers.
Same here. I just started reading Owachro other day and words like Tes., Okutama, IAI (the first name has the same kanji as Izumo in the Horizon world and both of them are the places/organizations that have the most? advanced technology in their ages) proves that there is a sequence in his works. Not direct, but there is. Btw, some of the Kawakami fans (that have probably read most of, if not, all his works) use the definition of outer space = Tenjou.

The definition of angel in this wiki says that angels are a race that have wings. Then, Gacchan and Naichan are angels, but not the same angels as we normally imagine.

About the ancestry of the races, there are probably some that came during the Ahead Series (like the dragons?) and probably others came in the Edge Series. There was a discussion involving just the dragon race some time ago in the 2ch and they used some references of the last volume of Owachro. I haven't read that with much attention because it's still a spoiler to me... Heck, I still don't know what exactly are the gods in Horizon, so yeah, I have to study a lot more about the setting in his works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory View Post
I am also beginner when comes to reading light novel.I learn the basic Japanese for 2 week, later get bored and skip to the Light novel.My first light novel is katanagatari which is only started last year.
I am not good with those politic, economic and history which is mentioned in the LN. So I hope the Anime and the forum here could help me understand more =)

Anyway, I am loyal fan of the light Novel and I am get a bit rage when explanation(such as in Commie) different from the original Novel .

In volume1 part2, I seen that Shirojiro use his god that he worship to make deal with other gods using money T.T. So there is a god and a place for them to stay(heaven).
Other than that, Kimi worship the god of sex/seduce(dunno what the hell is that).maybe she have special ability like Shirojiro using the power of gods lol
It's better for you to get used to that. Horizon's setting can lead easily to this kind of things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Also another thing I've been curious about....the sigil left behind by the disappearances from the Ley disturbances....

Does it mean anything? Like is it related to some faction or something?
There isn't any certain info about that yet. But,
Spoiler:
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 06:24   Link #165
MorningGlory

oh, someone can ask question and give answer =)

In ep2, Shirojiro mentioned that the import is more than export. Does that have anything to do with people in kyokutou investing their goods to Musashi during panic time. ?
Old 2011-10-26, 07:12   Link #166
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post

There isn't any certain info about that yet. But,
Spoiler:
Sounds like this may become the main plot point later....

Again it draws reference to ley lines and the earth's pulse...

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-10-26 at 09:01.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 08:58   Link #167
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Question, do we get any epic action from Musashi like we do from Kazuno?

These 2 being my outright favorite characters, I'd like to know if Musashi can own as well as Kazuno!

And I guess I'll throw out, do we get any epic old geezer action Sakai as well?
As I said in the anime thread, I want one of the old geezers being epic a la Bradley from FMA and Sakai is the one I tagged.
Rather subtle, normal like old geezer that gives off the sense you know he can own!
Old 2011-10-26, 17:47   Link #168
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
oh, someone can ask question and give answer =)

In ep2, Shirojiro mentioned that the import is more than export. Does that have anything to do with people in kyokutou investing their goods to Musashi during panic time. ?
I think that this only happened because of what the anime is showing now. Mikawa didn't have the need to import goods if they...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Question, do we get any epic action from Musashi like we do from Kazuno?

These 2 being my outright favorite characters, I'd like to know if Musashi can own as well as Kazuno!

And I guess I'll throw out, do we get any epic old geezer action Sakai as well?
As I said in the anime thread, I want one of the old geezers being epic a la Bradley from FMA and Sakai is the one I tagged.
Rather subtle, normal like old geezer that gives off the sense you know he can own!
Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-26, 18:14   Link #169
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
Spoiler:
Damn, it's really only bad news with the questions I have lol>_<

Still I'm gonna hold on to the hope on "Musashi" fighting, it's a glorious dream to hold on to

thx for the reply
Old 2011-10-26, 20:11   Link #170
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Spoiler for Name Romanizing:
Old 2011-10-26, 22:33   Link #171
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quoting myself from the anime thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Ohh, it sounds like the novels just might be getting a baka-tsuki dream team on them at some point in the future.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/vie...=4370&start=30

Same team as Index + another dedicated translator? YESSSSS. Don't want to get my hopes up too high though.
Fingers crossed.
Old 2011-10-27, 05:15   Link #172
MorningGlory

Maybe I change my question .
import.... Goods coming from Kyokutou to Musashi.Shirojiro mentioned this in ep2.They did not touch this subject for so long and I was beginning to wonder what happen to it.
But in Vol1 part2, I wonder does this passage is link to what Shirojiro mentioned?
http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/a...yfy/xx1-31.jpg
I wonder what does it mean? putting their money into the temple and then somehow it flow to Musashi as petrol 0.0. Do they make deal with their god or something ?
sry, I am not good at reading Japanese here.
Old 2011-10-27, 05:43   Link #173
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Quoting myself from the anime thread:

Fingers crossed.
Ah dang it, don't raise my hopes up like that.

Quote:
import.... Goods coming from Kyokutou to Musashi.Shirojiro mentioned this in ep2.They did not touch this subject for so long and I was beginning to wonder what happen to it.
But in Vol1 part2, I wonder does this passage is link to what Shirojiro mentioned?
I wonder what does it mean? putting their money into the temple and then somehow it flow to Musashi as petrol 0.0. Do they make deal with their god or something ?
I would be happy to help explain, but I haven't watched the anime/read the LNs at all...
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 07:08   Link #174
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I don't know either, MorningGlory, but I assume that (ara) Shiro-kun being contracted to the God of Commerce is an important clue.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 07:35   Link #175
MorningGlory

lol I am not the only one confuse.... Actually there are alot of stuff I don't understand as well.
Not sure is it appropriate the list out every each page here to make a discussion out of it.
Especially when they mention about politic..., economic and magic..
I only know what happen to musashi, but I have no idea why/how it happen to it >.<

here is a sub question.
why they change those money into petrol?
Old 2011-10-27, 08:14   Link #176
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Spoiler for Name Romanizing:
Yup.

Quote:
Spoiler for answer:
Old 2011-10-27, 08:47   Link #177
MorningGlory

So, they did change the money into fuel somehow.....using Gods lol

ehh... normal business only?..Masazumi mentioned in ep2 that they are giving up their stuff to Musashi as a farewell gift.By right, Mikawa has nothing much to export since their town is almost empty.
At first I thought Motonobu was importing fire cracker to Musashi to celebrate.( i think this was Toori's idea lol)

thanks for your idea =)
Old 2011-10-27, 09:21   Link #178
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

BTW....What is the source of Izumo's power? (or that of any other shrine really)

Whenever contracts for power are made who or what is the contract made with? Some kind of A.I or an actual god?
Old 2011-10-27, 11:01   Link #179
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
So, they did change the money into fuel somehow.....using Gods lol

ehh... normal business only?..Masazumi mentioned in ep2 that they are giving up their stuff to Musashi as a farewell gift.By right, Mikawa has nothing much to export since their town is almost empty.
At first I thought Motonobu was importing fire cracker to Musashi to celebrate.( i think this was Toori's idea lol)

thanks for your idea =)
Masazumi said that it looked like Mikawa was giving Musashi a farewell gift. Normally Mikawa would have bought more and it wouldn't give this impression.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
BTW....What is the source of Izumo's power? (or that of any other shrine really)

Whenever contracts for power are made who or what is the contract made with? Some kind of A.I or an actual god?
The contract is made with real gods. The gods in Horizon's world are people from the far past that evolved into gods (info from this wiki). Finally understood that lol.

I don't know what exactly is the source of a shrine's power. There was some kind of explanation about how these contracts are done in the second volume, but I don't remember anymore...
Old 2011-10-27, 11:05   Link #180
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Ah I see....but that applies only to Shindou yes?

The Tsirhc religion is still the same as its Christian forerunner (at least in concept)?

Tags
boobs, harem, history, mecha, political negotiations, science fiction, shounen