AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-08, 23:51   Link #121
Pheonix03

Thinking back on it, the occurrence of the many events in the first episode feels a bit justified by the fact that Rebellion's story (the one on HobbyJapan's site) is very long and not even finished yet, and it's going to be tough for the anime to include all of the events in just two seasons (assuming it gets two).

My guess is that a fair amount of changes will be made to the anime from the original story. One change that won't happen, however, is the omission of certain characters, for both Lyra and Izumi (late to arrive characters in the online story) are both on the anime's website, so they're bound to show up eventually.

I think it'll be interesting to see how the anime team pulls it off. The first episode already got a lot of things out of the way already, so perhaps they can do it. I just hope no characters get shafted or changed too much; I'll be mad if Tanyan and Sanyan don't get as much attention as they do in the online story, heh. It's also interesting to note that Branwen, a character with basically no presence in the online story, looks to be more center stage in the anime; I guess she's popular.

Also, I didn't mention in my initial impressions, but the music in the anime, despite reusing some pieces from the first two seasons, is very good once again.
Pheonix03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 00:22   Link #122
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
This was Queen's Blade I had a feeling that I was watching Horizon again
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 00:37   Link #123
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Now Iam wondering if the Nanael and the other girls will be re-designed since there are a very few QBR girls that have been redesigned.

So far.

Leina - Maria
Risty - fighter
Menance - new outfit
Tomoe - blinded
Ymir - BDS&M outfit
Elina - cat type BDS&M outfit
Aldra- wife look

Other Stuff

Cosplay

Fun Fact:
3 out of the 4 K-ON girls are casted in this show.

Source:

http://extrovertedotaku.blogspot.com...cters-and.html
Old 2012-04-09, 02:39   Link #124
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Queen's Blade Rebellion. Long-Live the Revolution

It's here, at last.

Oh, boy, I think this new delivery to the Queen's Blade franchise packs punch and a story to back it up.

The animation aesthetics and the new plus the old characters kick even more butt than the old generation in the previous two seasons.

Yes, I watched the prologue OVAs detailing Annelotte starting her crusade against Claudette's tyrannical rule.

The moves and techniques are gorgeous, although the fanservice at times deters me from fully enjoying the battle feast. However, one gets used to the fanservice quickly in order to feel entertained by the show.

Ymir and Elina are right now few of the old generation characters to return, and their new costumes plus their revamped personalities plus their awestruck techniques make them now GAR-Badass than before.
But, for me it's too early to pass judgement because not all of the new fighters have assembled, and I've only seen a fraction of Annelotte's hidden powers.

However, Annelotte vs Captain Liliana match became a definite win to me.

My knowledge about Queen's Blade is strictly adhered to the anime, although I know that the visual books exist but haven't read them or play them at all.

I'm looking forward, because if one amongst the many things that Queen's Blade has never disappointed me at is delivering an epic plot.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 04:18   Link #125
J-Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix03 View Post
-snip-
QBR will definitely get a second season, I'm sure of it. But as you said, it's gonna be tough for the anime team to pick, choose and change some events from the illustrative story.

I don't even think first and second season are enough to properly tell/show all of the characters' story and events because there are too many characters now, especially if we're expecting some characters from QB (Menace, Merona, Airi, Maria/Reina, Risty and Tomoe etc.) to appear in the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Fun Fact:
3 out of the 4 K-ON girls are casted in this show.
You mean 4 out of 5 K-On girls

@gustyvedova, can you tell me what is the explanation for Branwen fighting in the capital? Still waiting for sub. She is one of my favorite QBR characters. Her fighting in Gainos makes me think she is part of Queen's army now instead of Witch's group.
J-Xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 09:17   Link #126
Dahak86
Classics never age

Liliana, listen to my advice: there can only be one Naga, and it's not you.

as for the episode itself, seems kinda a weak "re-start" to the series, by QB-standards.
Old 2012-04-09, 09:28   Link #127
gustyvedova

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Xi View Post
@gustyvedova, can you tell me what is the explanation for Branwen fighting in the capital? Still waiting for sub. She is one of my favorite QBR characters. Her fighting in Gainos makes me think she is part of Queen's army now instead of Witch's group.
According to what was told in the episode, the queen conquered foreign countries and brought its best warriors to fight in the capital. So Branwen is just a slave for their entertainment.
gustyvedova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 14:33   Link #128
Midonin
Last Engage

I didn't expect this show to be one of the ones chosen to be simulcast, but, hey, it is. In that case, I'll be glad to timeshift my reviews to Wednesday.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 15:12   Link #129
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Which K-ON Girl is which in this series? I am Ritsu fan!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I didn't expect this show to be one of the ones chosen to be simulcast, but, hey, it is. In that case, I'll be glad to timeshift my reviews to Wednesday.
Where is your avatar from buddy?
Old 2012-04-09, 15:39   Link #130
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Which K-ON Girl is which in this series? I am Ritsu fan!
Aki Toyosaki is Mirim, Ayana Taketatsu has taken over Miyu Takeuchi's role as Aldora, Minako Kotobuki will be appearing later as samurai girl Izumi (the Tomoe of Rebellion) and Satomi Satou is the Nanael of the series, the angel Lyla.

Quote:
Where is your avatar from buddy?
Mouseover. The alt text will explain.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 22:00   Link #131
J-Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustyvedova View Post
According to what was told in the episode, the queen conquered foreign countries and brought its best warriors to fight in the capital. So Branwen is just a slave for their entertainment.
Thanks. Just like the history of Roman gladiators, huh. It does seems like a convenience excuse for Branwen to appear early in the anime, with the queen currently in happy conquering mode.

Second episode just aired, saw some screencaps of it. Look like a so-so episode to me.

EDIT: Just finished watching ep.2. I must say, it was quite entertaining. The pacing in this episode is much better than the first one as it mostly focus on Annelotte and Siggy. This episode quite nicely shows Siggy personality of being loving and caring but at the same time really strict and serious in doing her job as an inquisitor.

Spoiler for Summary/Spoiler for ep.2:

Last edited by J-Xi; 2012-04-09 at 23:43.
Old 2012-04-10, 00:13   Link #132
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for ep 2:
Old 2012-04-10, 00:18   Link #133
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 06:05   Link #134
gustyvedova

gosh, the opening theme couldn't get any worse.

Overall I think it was a better episode than the previous one, this time much more focused in just a few characters development.

But the fighting sequence... meh. It's weird to see all those powers and clothes exploding for no apparent reason, even for qb standarts.
gustyvedova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 06:45   Link #135
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 07:50   Link #136
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Xi View Post
You mean 4 out of 5 K-On girls
Actually, Hikasa Yoko already appeared in the Queen's Blade series....in the first game, as one of the villans, I think.

Shame she didn't get a more...meatier role.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 08:03   Link #137
Clank

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustyvedova View Post
gosh, the opening theme couldn't get any worse.

Overall I think it was a better episode than the previous one, this time much more focused in just a few characters development.

But the fighting sequence... meh. It's weird to see all those powers and clothes exploding for no apparent reason, even for qb standarts.
Spoiler for Episode 2:
Clank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 10:06   Link #138
J-Xi

@Freeter, Luna Luna's skin color changes when her personality changes. It also changes according to her style of fighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Actually, Hikasa Yoko already appeared in the Queen's Blade series....in the first game, as one of the villans, I think.

Shame she didn't get a more...meatier role.
Really? *Goes to check her profile* Haha! So she did, as Junko Hattori (Queen's Gate/Demon King Daimao character). I didn't know that.
Old 2012-04-10, 11:40   Link #139
Pheonix03

Spoiler for Episode 2:

Last edited by Pheonix03; 2012-04-10 at 12:36.
Pheonix03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 13:09   Link #140
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Hopefully Reina won't be the only "classic" cast member returning (I'm partial to Tomoe, Airia and Nowa-chan myself), because the present cast dosen't have one tenth the charm of the original.

The only new and refreshing character is the Cyborg Commanding Elf, who is quite an original twist on an usually technology-hating and tree-hugging archetype.

Tags
adventure, fantasy