AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-04, 00:51   Link #21
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
I want to suggest pretty much creating a new board or somehow making it clear the difference betwen the two shows like putting Brotherhood or 2 in all the titles of the threads. The mix of old episodes and new is going to make this a mess.
Brotherhood will obviously have its own seperate epi threads since the series will be called Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood thats how I plan on making the threads.

So hopefully no confusion.

btw what day does the series begin? ANN has two dates listed.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-04-04, 05:33   Link #22
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
btw what day does the series begin? ANN has two dates listed.
It's taking over Gundam 00's time slot. I live in a different country to you so whatever timei say will be wrong.
Old 2009-04-04, 06:33   Link #23
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Could we please have a Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood News/Spoilers Discussion Thread? It'll certainly be needed once the series starts tomorrow. It'll be better than bumping the ep1 thread over and over when there's new information available on the upcoming episodes and stuff. The April Newtype comes out next week too, so that'll be a good place to discuss the upcoming episode summaries without spoiling it for people that would want to avoid stuff like that. Thanks.
Old 2009-04-04, 15:53   Link #24
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Could we please have a Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood News/Spoilers Discussion Thread? It'll certainly be needed once the series starts tomorrow. It'll be better than bumping the ep1 thread over and over when there's new information available on the upcoming episodes and stuff. The April Newtype comes out next week too, so that'll be a good place to discuss the upcoming episode summaries without spoiling it for people that would want to avoid stuff like that. Thanks.
Yeah Ill make one as soon as the series starts.

Edit: Full Metal Alchemist - Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced Alchemists only). I didnt use Brotherhood in the title since 1) long thread title is long and 2) more generalized speculation since itll cover the entire FMA world.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2009-04-04 at 22:12.
Old 2009-04-05, 18:30   Link #25
Aaerul

Can we please please have a Full Metal Alchemist 2, episode 1 thread.

I really want to discuss the first episode and the new approach this old franchise has taken. As soon as possible - ty!
Old 2009-04-05, 18:40   Link #26
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

You mean like this one?

Old 2009-04-11, 18:14   Link #27
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Is there a favorite quote/line thread?
Old 2009-04-11, 18:39   Link #28
xris
Just call me Ojisan

You mean like this one?
Old 2009-04-11, 18:56   Link #29
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
You mean like this one?
I should use the search option next time .
Old 2009-04-20, 17:57   Link #30
atividia

Here's a thread request:

Why isn't FMA2 listed as licensed while still not showing up on the tracker?

You guys do know that FMA2 is an unlicensed separate series right? Even if it's a sequel, it's still unlicensed (to my knowledge, and to the knowledge of AnimeSuki) and it's still separate.
Old 2009-04-20, 17:58   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atividia View Post
Here's a thread request:

Why isn't FMA2 listed as licensed while still not showing up on the tracker?

You guys do know that FMA2 is an unlicensed separate series right? Even if it's a sequel, it's still unlicensed (to my knowledge, and to the knowledge of AnimeSuki) and it's still separate.
FMA: Brotherhood is licensed by Funimation already.
Old 2009-04-21, 09:51   Link #32
atividia

then let's go update the license database, shall we?

http://www.animesuki.com/licensed.php?browse=af
Old 2009-04-21, 11:09   Link #33
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by atividia View Post
then let's go update the license database, shall we?

http://www.animesuki.com/licensed.php?browse=af
I should note that FUNimation has been uploading the episodes to their website roughly 4 days after it airs in Japan. You can find it here.

I'm really surprised you didn't know that FUNimation had already licensed this. It was announced roughly a week before it aired in Japan. Australia's Madman also announced it and has been streaming it online and most of the Asian Animax channels have been airing it as well (with english subtitles).
Old 2009-04-21, 14:38   Link #34
atividia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiGoku View Post
I should note that FUNimation has been uploading the episodes to their website roughly 4 days after it airs in Japan. You can find it here.

I'm really surprised you didn't know that FUNimation had already licensed this. It was announced roughly a week before it aired in Japan. Australia's Madman also announced it and has been streaming it online and most of the Asian Animax channels have been airing it as well (with english subtitles).
I'm not surprised at all. I'm not obsessed over this or anime in general.

I'm surprised that the list still hasn't been updated.
Old 2009-04-21, 18:33   Link #35
ItsTheMatthias

I believe a good new thread to start is about the comparison between the first and second series (and maybe the manga if you want to expand it a bit although there aren't that many important differences in the manga and anime so far). Yes, we've talked about it a bit in a lot of topics, but there's no specific topic for it. Deep discussion can really bring up a lot of opinions and speculation to how the series is currently going and where it's going in the future compared to the first series as well as the manga. Don't just think discussions will be limited to simple plotline differences like "WHERE'S LYLA?" or "OMG THEY DIDN'T FOLLOW THE MANGA IN THIS ONE SCENE! NOO!!" The discussion of general differences in art style, presentation, etc. would also be a good topic to bring a lot of deep discussion.

One good subject to start with other than the obvious ones like, "Wow Rose looks different" or, "The art style is really different than the first series" (trying not to spoil anything too big from both series just in case anyone hasn't read the manga or seen the first series yet :P) is actually discussing how the architecture and general society seems much more modernized. Just look at the building structures are different in Risembool and, very noticeably, in Central. Another one is the change in voice actors. Are they really fitting with their new roles so far? (Mustang doesn't seem tough enough for me. Of course you can argue with me about that if the topic is made. :P) And what about the all new "comedic relief sequences" that happen much more frequently in the new series? Is it really funny or is it more of a nuisance?

I understand it's arguable that the new series hasn't been out long enough for comparisons with the first series, but I think now or within at most a couple more episodes would be a good time to make a topic like this. Just an idea and hope you go through with it!
Old 2009-04-21, 19:27   Link #36
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheMatthias View Post
I believe a good new thread to start is about the comparison between the first and second series (and maybe the manga if you want to expand it a bit although there aren't that many important differences in the manga and anime so far). Yes, we've talked about it a bit in a lot of topics, but there's no specific topic for it. Deep discussion can really bring up a lot of opinions and speculation to how the series is currently going and where it's going in the future compared to the first series as well as the manga. Don't just think discussions will be limited to simple plotline differences like "WHERE'S LYLA?" or "OMG THEY DIDN'T FOLLOW THE MANGA IN THIS ONE SCENE! NOO!!" The discussion of general differences in art style, presentation, etc. would also be a good topic to bring a lot of deep discussion.

One good subject to start with other than the obvious ones like, "Wow Rose looks different" or, "The art style is really different than the first series" (trying not to spoil anything too big from both series just in case anyone hasn't read the manga or seen the first series yet :P) is actually discussing how the architecture and general society seems much more modernized. Just look at the building structures are different in Risembool and, very noticeably, in Central. Another one is the change in voice actors. Are they really fitting with their new roles so far? (Mustang doesn't seem tough enough for me. Of course you can argue with me about that if the topic is made. :P) And what about the all new "comedic relief sequences" that happen much more frequently in the new series? Is it really funny or is it more of a nuisance?

I understand it's arguable that the new series hasn't been out long enough for comparisons with the first series, but I think now or within at most a couple more episodes would be a good time to make a topic like this. Just an idea and hope you go through with it!
It sounds good but I think right now the differences are subtle and opening the thread now will lead to senseless nitpicking. When this series really starts to pull away from the 1st series maybe then.

Also you can always discuss what they didnt do in the manga in the manga thread.

So again good idea but I think I want to wait a bit on it.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-04-21, 19:30   Link #37
ItsTheMatthias

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
It sounds good but I think right now the differences are subtle and opening the thread now will lead to senseless nitpicking. When this series really starts to pull away from the 1st series maybe then.

Also you can always discuss what they didnt do in the manga in the manga thread.

So again good idea but I think I want to wait a bit on it.
Alright. Sounds good! Hope to see the thread come out in an appropriate time.
Old 2009-04-28, 06:47   Link #38
Charred Knight

I just noticed that we don't have a News thread, so I had to put some imortant news in the spoiler thread. We should probably have a thread where we can put news about the series itself like upcoming DVDs and stuff like that.
Old 2009-04-28, 07:03   Link #39
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Yeah I think we need a News thread too. I'm trying to post about the Blu-ray/DVD release news that was just announced (an OVA is being included as a first press bonus for Vol1) but I can't find any thread to post it in other than the spoiler threads.
Old 2009-04-28, 07:57   Link #40
SnowCrasher

Yes, I agree with having the News thread.
It would be especially useful when they actually announce how many episodes the series will last for.
Closed Thread