AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 93 45.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 36 17.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 5.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.99%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-02, 02:53   Link #161
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
The fangirlism here appalls me. Are you guys seriously saying that Yuri should just give up, chill, take it easy, and go back to the world where more obvious bullshit awaits her?
Yes she is stubborn, that will be cured with time.
I havent said that, but........

Yes, yes she should. You have to let things go, but like you said, it will take time. It has to happen at some point though.
Old 2010-05-02, 03:02   Link #162
Fandal

You know what would make things interesting, if Naoi is doing everything to be the right-hand of god. In a way, being the complete opposite of Yuri who wants to rebel against god. Both of them willing to do whatever it takes to reach that point.
Old 2010-05-02, 03:56   Link #163
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The concept of NPC's is still not to be treated like a general aspect.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-05-02, 04:03   Link #164
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

i think yuri just bully kanada because she's bored and angry, no a real reason.
but she still isn't awesome as haruhi.
Old 2010-05-02, 04:06   Link #165
Sweeney
Outsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
i think yuri just bully kanada because she's bored and angry, no a real reason.
but she still isn't awesome as haruhi.
Why for me haruhi and yuri they're kinda same person ;p Energetic and like pissed of people ;p But rocket chair was the best ;p And Angel beats has just stared we 'll see how yuri is really like ;p

@down
I too can't find novel if u find can u pm me ;p ?
Old 2010-05-02, 04:07   Link #166
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Read the novel and you might view this differently.
Well I tried reading the manga, but mangafox didnt have it. So I assumed Angel Beats was based off a game.

When the Angels Beats sub forum opens up. I see a manga topic did too O_O

Where do I read this novel ? O_O

pm it too me if you can ^_^

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2010-05-02, 04:22   Link #167
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeney View Post
Why for me haruhi and yuri they're kinda same person ;p Energetic and like pissed of people ;p But rocket chair was the best ;p And Angel beats has just stared we 'll see how yuri is really like ;p

@down
I too can't find novel if u find can u pm me ;p ?
yuri is just a copy of haruhi, and haruhi is much more intelligent than yuri.
Old 2010-05-02, 04:30   Link #168
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
I'd think the opposite, Haruhi isn't the type who thinks deeply about actions, whereas Yuri is like this.
Old 2010-05-02, 04:33   Link #169
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Can we just drop the obnoxious and nonsensical comparison between AB and Haruhi, for goodness' sake?
Not only both franchise has little to no common point, but both heroines are sharply different.

Haruhi is not the origin of "possibly bossy leader girl" in anime history you know, so isn't Yuki Nagato regarding Machine/Kuudere type. And even if you count that "general demeanor", backstory, decisions and emotions are nowhere similar between the said characters.

And this is an irritating ad nauseam offtopic, which will just be another good reason to perform a clean up.
Old 2010-05-02, 04:49   Link #170
Jarmel

So pretty much almost all of the main cast is a bunch of tools who can't make decisions or come up with anything for themselves but rather just listen to orders? Otonashi and Yurripe are the only ones actually showing a slight bit of intellect and Yurippe doesn't think things through enough. Did she ever bother checking the vice president and what he's like before she got Kanade fired? I will admit that I like the show for trying to show a gray area and that the main character isn't automatically on the side of the good guys.
Old 2010-05-02, 05:00   Link #171
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Did she ever bother checking the vice president and what he's like before she got Kanade fired?
The objective was unlikely to have another Student Council President to face off (though it is a natural aftermath of their actions). It was solely based on the premise that Kanade is an Angel and that being the closest to god would be their primary target in order to have a lead to God.
For them, before this portion of the story, there was no stronger "enemy" than Kanade, and considering how things were going, it is very unlikely that Nao was anything outstanding before being promoted as the president.
Old 2010-05-02, 05:11   Link #172
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

They most likely thought of Naoto as an NPC. I'm going to actually go and predict that Kanade will not side with the SSS, rather she would try to clear her name.
Old 2010-05-02, 05:19   Link #173
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Hmm, IDK. The thing is the new president is unknown to the SSS though. At least with Tenshi, even with superpowers, they know what they're up against and how to fight/stall her. And, this new president seems to take less shit than tenshi does IMO. I guess I have to see more of this guy.

How do you know he's emotionally driven? I don't mean to doubt you, but we haven't seen much of his character, right?
It's just an impression I had.
Even though the fact that he didn't attack the night of the concert (probably he was still preparing his army), but waited for the dinner time, when the SSS would be the at their weakest (while at the concert time they were fully loaded and ready to fight) maybe denotes some brain.
Not enought to prepare a trap instead of running inside without anything to protect himself and his army, though... XD

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2010-05-02, 05:33   Link #174
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The objective was unlikely to have another Student Council President to face off (though it is a natural aftermath of their actions). It was solely based on the premise that Kanade is an Angel and that being the closest to god would be their primary target in order to have a lead to God.
For them, before this portion of the story, there was no stronger "enemy" than Kanade, and considering how things were going, it is very unlikely that Nao was anything outstanding before being promoted as the president.
Again something that they've never bothered to check. Hell they hadn't even bothered to check up on her name. We're given the impression that they've been going against Tenshi for awhile now and pretty much NOBODY KNOWS HER NAME. Intelligence is important in any army, rebellion, or armed service. It's just mindblowing that they haven't looked into the whole thing like her second in command. So again they're acting like tools of Yurippe as shown at the end when Otonashi suggests trying to figure out who she is.
Old 2010-05-02, 05:36   Link #175
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Again something that they've never bothered to check. Hell they hadn't even bothered to check up on her name. We're given the impression that they've been going against Tenshi for awhile now and pretty much NOBODY KNOWS HER NAME. Intelligence is important in any army, rebellion, or armed service. It's just mindblowing that they haven't looked into the whole thing like her second in command. So again they're acting like tools of Yurippe as shown at the end when Otonashi suggests trying to figure out who she is.
Yep, they're pretty damned incompetent. It's also easier to hurt someone you don't know. A nameless unfeelng machine, you can easily justify shooting at. But if you find out she's another person that might just be like you and she feels pain from what you do, it all changes.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-05-02, 05:39   Link #176
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
HAH. Im sorry but if Haruhi ever bothered to use her brain cells for more than 10 minutes, she would be realizing why she is wasting her days away on a small time SOS club and would have gone higurashi by now.
Old 2010-05-02, 05:43   Link #177
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
They are dead people in a freaking highschool where they are told nothing and must figure out everything by trial and error. Give them a break. I doubt you would even want to be close to a girl who held the power to hack and slash you over and over and wouldn't stop even if you shot her. Its so much easier to talk crap when you have the benefit of retrospective, not to mention a higher perspective. Yuri does a pretty good job of leading a nonsensical batch of random teens with attitudes.

@the guy who was asking about the novel, it's not that this series is based off a novel or a manga or anything. The novel bit just provides further info that couldn't be included in the anime. Here's the link to first chapter, which suffices for the comment I made about the scene you were discussing :
http://subsmith.wordpress.com/2010/0...ocket-for-two/

And you guys should stop before klashikari goes on a rampage, seriously.
Old 2010-05-02, 05:47   Link #178
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Im sorry but if Haruhi ever bothered to use her brain cells for more than 10 minutes, she would be realizing why she is wasting her days away on a small time SOS club and would have gone higurashi by now.
Um... no, Haruhi is actually a great thinker. that part when she tells Kyon her real dilemma in the first series should've told you that she's more than what is externally happening.

Anyway, enough of Haruhi and more of Angel Beats!:

I'd honestly say that there may be something that we do not know about Yuri at this point, rewatching the other episodes seem to point to us that all that she says aren't exactly the truth, but it may very well be just her own interpretation, although there maybe strands of the truth in her interpretation.

Last edited by aeriolewinters; 2010-05-02 at 06:07.
Old 2010-05-02, 05:57   Link #179
Sweeney
Outsider

But it's kinda same ;p Group of SOS or something like that in melancholy the haruhi was creater and Yuri too is the admin of this group ;p For me this is something same but Melancholy isn't that funny like angel beats ;p Why beacuse in angel beats they can't die and they DO WHATEVER THEY LIKE xd that's why this is funny ;p Big hammer vs That guy with axe ;p

By the way this topic is starting to be The melancholy of suzumiya haruhi Vs Angel beats ;p
Old 2010-05-02, 06:04   Link #180
Crontica

Wow i didn't think someone else would kick this debate back up. We seriously need to drop this comparison argument before Klashkari bites.