AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Old 2011-09-18, 02:54   Link #341
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
I was already thinking of buying at least one BR, but after reading this (^) I'm willing to do anything to get enough money to buy all the six BRs.

And finally caught up with the thread in the 2ch (just the anime one) and even some non-novel readers liked what they watched, so I think that's a very good sign. 楽しみだな、おい。
Non-novel as in people that don't really read light novels or non-novel as in people that haven't read the Horizon novels? If it's the latter than that's neat, if it's the former than my expecations may have just been notched up a bit.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 03:34   Link #342
tsunade666

what was the power of the MC? I only see him smile all the time but it looks like his strong from some spoilers here and there.
Old 2011-09-18, 03:47   Link #343
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
spoilers
This is probably the reason why Toori's powers are not disclosed for the moment.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 05:33   Link #344
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Any speculation to why this is the case? I mean sure we're shifting toward BR but why totally just wipe the DVD market? I haven't really keep up with anime sales in general, so do BR sales totally outpace DVD sales these days? I'm curious if this is just they're really confident about the animation or they just feel like consolidating sales to BR to make the sales figure go up or something.
DVDs are almost non-factors for a lot of shows now. In Spring, TB, Steins, and Iroha all barely sold anything on DVD (500-700 for Steins and Iroha, 1k-2k for TB). Anohana's BD/DVD ratio is like 5:1 (27k BD vs. 5k DVD). It's like that for almost every show now. Even Madoka's DVDs are minuscule in comparison to its BD sales, with 55-60k for BDs against 8-9k in DVDs. Not only that, this trend looks to have sped up this Summer season, with almost every single Summer show failing to even break 2k in DVDs besides Utapri and No.6 according to Amazon track pre-order estimates. DVDs just aren't necessary in today's anime market unless you're Persona 4, a fujoshi title, or a main stream title.

Anywho, off to watch the CM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Non-novel as in people that don't really read light novels or non-novel as in people that haven't read the Horizon novels? If it's the latter than that's neat, if it's the former than my expecations may have just been notched up a bit.
Pretty sure it's the latter, considering the only type of people in Japan who watch this stuff are likely to have read light novels before...

Last edited by Suzuku; 2011-09-18 at 05:47.
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 05:37   Link #345
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
I think I'm gonna get my hands on this anime soon when it airs.

I mean this is gonna hurt after I've seen all the 'nightmares' of Sora Kake Girl (2009) & Idolm@ster Xenoglossia (2007).
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 05:46   Link #346
Westlo
Lets be reality

Please don't compare them to this! While they share a lot of stuff following good source material is a lot different than trying to create something original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
DVDs just aren't necessary in today's anime market unless you're Persona 4, a fujoshi title, or a main stream title.
Yep, and as T&B has proven Fujoshi's will buy Blurays if given the option to. Really the only things that should be DVD these days is general appeal shows and stuff aimed @ the shounen crowd. Utapri could break even (I don't think it has the extras fujoshi's would crave like the T&B BDs) which is quite a feat considering a lot of popular shows fujoshi's took interest in were never on BD at all, like Durarara, Black Butler, Natsume and that samurai one based on an otome game.

Even Hunter X Hunter is getting a BD release when a year ago that definitely woudl've been DVD only.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 06:44   Link #347
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Quote:
Pretty sure it's the latter, considering the only type of people in Japan who watch this stuff are likely to have read light novels before...
In fact it was more the latter than the former. And yes, both of them were posting there.
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 07:10   Link #348
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Here's a pic of the merchandise stuopidget was talking about.

Old 2011-09-18, 08:23   Link #349
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
that samurai one based on an otome game.
The samurai one is Hakuoki.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 14:00   Link #350
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
It's not quite on the topic of the show, but since I'm seeing it discussed a lot lately here's some more hard data on the state of anime media both domestically and internationally. The 3 factors that are credited the most are Pay TV, Films and BD's so I think it's definitely a safe bet that the future of anime is indeed in the BD market and DVD's will likely see a further phasing out into being a legacy form of media like VHS before it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 22:55   Link #351
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

PV of TERMINATED (OP)

Also, the first BD was registered on Amazon today and peaked at rank 24, which is really impressive for something that only sales around 30k novels and hasn't had its anime air yet. It also makes me even more confused how it has this much hype even when it doesn't sale as much as some other series. It's the third most discussed fall anime on 2ch even.
Old 2011-09-21, 08:51   Link #352
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

It looks ike I'm picking this one than other Sunrise anime in this Autum, Gundam AGE.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 09:20   Link #353
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Also, the first BD was registered on Amazon today and peaked at rank 24, which is really impressive for something that only sales around 30k novels and hasn't had its anime air yet. It also makes me even more confused how it has this much hype even when it doesn't sale as much as some other series. It's the third most discussed fall anime on 2ch even.
It's quite impressive considering that this is the big sales week of the month so you generally see shows jump up a lot on the rankings as people finally order shit since it's out.

Hopefully this sells well so we'll get more sequels down the track.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 13:29   Link #354
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Hm, according to this Horizon's Blu-ray will include English subtitles.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BCXA-390

Just like TB. I'm assuming that Bandai will use the same method as TB/S7 to simulcast Horizon. That said, I haven't found any type of confirmation of this on Amazon or the official site, so I'll remain skeptical for now.

EDIT: Okay, Bandai's official shop confirms it.

http://product.bandaivisual.co.jp/we...m_no=BCXA-0404

This Line: 英語字幕付(ON・OFF可能)

Last edited by Suzuku; 2011-09-21 at 13:52.
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 20:35   Link #355
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/f...dle_of_nowhere

ANN article about Horizon
Old 2011-09-21, 20:57   Link #356
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Spoiler for Masazumi Honda:

Aha! So that explains it.
Old 2011-09-21, 21:13   Link #357
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Isn't that a spoiler?
Old 2011-09-21, 21:15   Link #358
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

That ANN article was enlightening, especially with the explanation to why Honda is a pettanko even at her age.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 21:31   Link #359
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Sunrise is on the roll this season.

Loving this and Gundam AGE so far.
Old 2011-09-21, 22:30   Link #360
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
That ANN article was enlightening, especially with the explanation to why Honda is a pettanko even at her age.
in the world where almost all boobs are big, one with small boobs needs detailed explanation LOL

Tags
action, fantasy, science fiction, sunrise