AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-01-21, 22:38   Link #21
larethian

The main problem with Fairy Tail is because Mashima is sloppy in his planning and doesn't like to plan too far ahead. He said that once in his interviews IIRC. Aside from the action, I find the plot and events of Fairy Tail to have a 'patch-it-up-along-the-way' feeling, giving it a sense of somewhat incoherence. But I digress.

I normally don't like to give recommendations as taste varies, but I'll second SeijiSensei's recommendation on "Hikaru no Go" (apparently on your 'plan-to-watch' list). It is truely a non-cliche, unorthodox, non-mainstream mainstream (in the words of Bakuman ) Shounen series, previously serialized in Weekly Shounen Jump. The best part is you do not even need to know anything about 'Go' to enjoy the tension and excitement in the show. And no, the protagonist is not invincible in Go. As for predictability, I can't say the matches are predictable as well, since the protag doesn't always win. (even though it will be likely that you will root for him). Aside from the 75-episode series, you should also watch the New Year special which will give it a more satisfying conclusion (though the manga actually still has one more arc after that which spans several chapters).
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 23:33   Link #22
kitten320

Well he seems to plan more than Kubo ever did
Though lately Kubo seems to be improving a bit.

I'll defiantly check it out, had my eyes set on it for a while now
Old 2013-01-22, 07:49   Link #23
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
^I thought Kurapika looks very obvious in my avatar

And sadly I can't agree, most of the fights are predictable especially when it comes to Gon and Killua...

Good show but not very original action wise. Did like Phantom arc though. One of the best I've seen in shounen.
ROFL, I missed Kurapika there. But I do disagree about the fights, FWIW...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote