Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-09-18, 00:21   Link #401
whitecloud

Some bad blood in the past....
Old 2013-09-18, 01:45   Link #402
jrm_ayun

Hello, new here. Been rereading the manga and came across chapter 35. I must say, I hate that chapter as I see Mike's death again. I don't know just came to like that character and was expecting the 2nd most skilled scout to have more action. Frikkin ape.
jrm_ayun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 08:22   Link #403
Gemstone83

The comments of comparison of Norse Mythology to this story got me thinking.. could it be that Bernholdts' power comes from the hot Norse depths of Muspelheim and Reiner's hardening ability comes from the ice-y depths of Niffleheim's? Has anyone ever seen steam coming off of Reiner (If so it could be frost steam)? I notice Reiner sounds like rain-er (cold rain) and Bernholdt sounds like burn-hold, and in the last manga I read he used steam to scald the soldiers off his collosal body.
I played a game called Tales Of Symphonia Dawn Of A New World and that was about King Ratatosk keeping the gates to Niffleheim and the demons inside closed..hmm..
Also I notice there deformities reflect there distinguishing features i.e Ymirs, ugly and my opinion probably both male and female (loves her/himself for example, NOT HISTORIA!!), Bernholdts super tall and Reiners erm.. cold and hard?? hahaha ;-)
Gemstone83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 08:23   Link #404
Gemstone83

Lots of interesting theories and I'm glad to hear from fellow watchers, my boyf and I watch and discuss this show when we can..good fun, great show! :-D
Old 2013-09-18, 19:15   Link #405
Gemstone83

Just been watching the first few again and there's an awful lot of mentioning of fever and disease.. but feel free to say "F*** off" noo way!"
I'm sure Erens mother died of the disease..and that the walls are symbolic of Erens cell walls, and the whole thing is a Nordic play on the internal war between white blood cells and disease "the titans" the titans keep saying we have to do this..well disease just will do that to survive
The big thing that made me think it is that they kept saying in the manga "If Eren goes, its all over"..and when he died, his dad injected him with the dangerous antidote..it rained immediately as he died, as the syringes juice poured in..also maybe Armin is his physical brain and/or sat at his bedside with Mikasa saying "Don't die" "Please don't die"..they keep saying that over like I've heard people say to there sick relatives in hospital beds..
I think the bit of him wrapped in the blanket is the real world perhaps, when he did wake up with his borrowed strength.
Its a bit like Bowser's Inside Story..perhaps..
Anyways, I'm a care worker so I'm probably just influenced by that, and sorry for all my posts.
Old 2013-09-18, 20:55   Link #406
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemstone83 View Post
Just been watching the first few again and there's an awful lot of mentioning of fever and disease.. but feel free to say "F*** off" noo way!"
I'm sure Erens mother died of the disease..and that the walls are symbolic of Erens cell walls, and the whole thing is a Nordic play on the internal war between white blood cells and disease "the titans" the titans keep saying we have to do this..well disease just will do that to survive
The big thing that made me think it is that they kept saying in the manga "If Eren goes, its all over"..and when he died, his dad injected him with the dangerous antidote..it rained immediately as he died, as the syringes juice poured in..also maybe Armin is his physical brain and/or sat at his bedside with Mikasa saying "Don't die" "Please don't die"..they keep saying that over like I've heard people say to there sick relatives in hospital beds..
I think the bit of him wrapped in the blanket is the real world perhaps, when he did wake up with his borrowed strength.
Its a bit like Bowser's Inside Story..perhaps..
Anyways, I'm a care worker so I'm probably just influenced by that, and sorry for all my posts.
I'm pretty sure Eren's mother got killed by the titan in the beginning O.o Or are you saying that woman wasn't really Eren's mother and his biological mother died from some disease?
Old 2013-09-18, 22:33   Link #407
Gemstone83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciize View Post
I'm pretty sure Eren's mother got killed by the titan in the beginning O.o Or are you saying that woman wasn't really Eren's mother and his biological mother died from some disease?
Perhaps like with everyone else his Mother is just part of the dream brought on by the fever! The Titans are the disease and the soldiers are his immune system fighting desperately against a horrible illness, trying to gain ground and fight back, and the "wallists" are platelets, that repair Erens internal cells (walls). Titans are found in the walls later on, and in real life illness that is how a germ breeds, by infiltrating your cells.
The scene where Eren is in the titan and has the dream that he's at home wrapped in blanket and that Armin is outside at the window could be partially real life and him coming back round slightly, from his fevered sleep, perhaps because Erens titan is invoked by adrenaline.
I think the key his Dad gave him is the info on how to piece the cure and the tools he's been given by his Dad's injection together to create an antigen or cure from the titan disease.. I could be totally wrong but have noticed a lot of references to it being a cruel world and everyone's just trying to survive, evil ones like Reiner and Bernholdt included, who as viruses, are just made to kill, as they say in the manga that they are "ordered to kill, and don't like doing it" but a disease does infiltrate in this manner.
Old 2013-09-18, 23:18   Link #408
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemstone83 View Post
Perhaps like with everyone else his Mother is just part of the dream brought on by the fever! The Titans are the disease and the soldiers are his immune system fighting desperately against a horrible illness, trying to gain ground and fight back, and the "wallists" are platelets, that repair Erens internal cells (walls). Titans are found in the walls later on, and in real life illness that is how a germ breeds, by infiltrating your cells.
The scene where Eren is in the titan and has the dream that he's at home wrapped in blanket and that Armin is outside at the window could be partially real life and him coming back round slightly, from his fevered sleep, perhaps because Erens titan is invoked by adrenaline.
I think the key his Dad gave him is the info on how to piece the cure and the tools he's been given by his Dad's injection together to create an antigen or cure from the titan disease.. I could be totally wrong but have noticed a lot of references to it being a cruel world and everyone's just trying to survive, evil ones like Reiner and Bernholdt included, who as viruses, are just made to kill, as they say in the manga that they are "ordered to kill, and don't like doing it" but a disease does infiltrate in this manner.
Oh wow, that's a pretty interesting theory! I never thought of the story like that. The part about Eren's dream hit it home for me cause that would make a lot of sense. But the author would have to be really creative to create such a crazy twist xD
Old 2013-09-19, 12:09   Link #409
Breimoon

that.......is an interesting POV ... It would be a nice change from the usual shounen without plot. But i wonder if the author started this way, will he really continue holding on this idea or just go on in a non ending shounen like bleach? And the reason the time seems to pass normally what could it be? Was he put in a cryogenic sleep and that explain the 1 ch title??
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 19:59   Link #410
Gol D Roger

Lightbulb the mysterious Grisha.. possible link to annie, bertholdt, and reiner

To start my theory off... the colossal titan appears after grisha says he got some meeting in the inner walls and departs.. the titan invasion then begins we know that the colossal titan and armored titan that break the walls are reiner and bertholdt.. they infiltrate the walls later as recruits in training.. after the invasion.. we see grisha in a scene crying while he injects Eren with the serum to transform into a titan and gives him the key to the mysterious basement that supposedly gots all the answers. Grisha then disappears randomly.. and we hear nothing about him again. He must have some connection with that invasion I think.. he maybe the one who possibly turned annie, bertholdt, and reiner into titans.. and maybe apart of a group outside the walls. Seems maybe grisha had second thoughts bout his role in all this as we can see him clearly crying as he gives his son this power.. maybe regret for some actions of his that maybe linked to this group. The motives of this group so far are not totally clear.. they wanted to destroy the walls.. when finding eren is a titan they suddenly shifted to wanting to capture him.. since we know grisha has had all this knowledge all along and hid it from everyone . His knowledge of the titans.. the serum he injects into eren and the mysterious basement that supposedly has answers to everything going on with the titans or who knows what's down there.. grisha of coarse disappears as I said.. he is maybe in this group or organization outside the walls, why? no answers yet its really unclear.. and why do they want to destroy the walls and possibly mankind inside the walls who knows.. maybe they know something that the people inside the walls don't .. like maybe grisha and that group knows bout for example the titans inside the walls and the whole truth that the wallots or wallets lol are hiding what or who is this group is still unknown.. but I believe assuming grisha has something to do with this isn't far off.. since so far he's the only one ( besides annie, bertholdt, reiner, the wallots or wallets , and even maybe ymir) whos been revealed to us knowing something bout the titans.. he must know something to be able to turn his son into a titan afterall lol

Last edited by Gol D Roger; 2013-09-19 at 20:03. Reason: ...
Gol D Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 11:47   Link #411
Kiltias

So anybody have any ideas on the whole Ilse and Ymir similarity?

Ymir 3 years ago:
Spoiler for Ymir and Ilse:

Ilses comment about herself:
Spoiler for Ilse:

It's one thing to resemble each other, but Ilse even says she IS Selfish.

I mean it's clear enough to understand:
Ilse resembles Ymir.

But we have Ymir looking like her evil twin and the two apparently having a similar trait.

And we do know when Hanji and Levi arrived, they found her jacket and armband.
I mean, we saw the Titan only biting off her head, yet she doesn't seem to have been devoured?

Besides, if you think about:
Ymir looked the most like Ilse 3 years ago, pretty much her twin.

The Titan MUST have seen Ymir as a Human, when?
It makes sense to me to some extend that Ymir looks like Ilses Twin 3 years, and the Titan mistaken them.
Just saying, could Ilse have died 3 years ago and the Titan seen Ymir 3 years ago as well as that is when they resembled each other the most?

As for the Titan, Titans tend to have some traits with their human forms.
Probably just a coincidence but a crying titan or at least depicted as crying blood - Crybaby Dazz, everytime we saw him he cries - Dazz portrayed with "Yeah...this may be all just a sham...." - Dazz being saved by Ymir 3 years ago.

Last edited by Kiltias; 2013-09-20 at 12:00.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 03:58   Link #412
ReddyRedWolf

They don't look alike. But we do know people inside Titans are unconscious. We saw this with Eren dreaming of his old life and almost killing Mikasa. There is a subconscious link with reality. Armin woke Eren up stabbing him.

Here could be similar. This guy remembers Ymir and is dreaming of her. But his actions led to killing what he thinks is Ymir or of the same ethnic race as Ymir.

But if we account for Connie's mom turned Titan by the Monkey Titan there is a possibility of semi-consciousness.

My theory is that feelings of affection or loneliness correspond to eat or kill for a mindless Titan. Emotions of persons inside Titans would explain why there are deviants.

Ymir has been a Titan for 60 years. And from what she can read her civilization at has ocean fishing of herring and canning technology.

Five years ago Ymir woke up after eating Berik, a fellow warrior of BRA.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 07:25   Link #413
kitten320

I have a question. I'm sure it was discussed lots of times by now but since I'm not a full fledged manga reader yet, I want some confirmation.

The titans inside the walls, are they human shifters?
Because they look a lot like collosal titan and none of the brainless titans looks like them. All of them have skin while Wall Titans don't.

If that's the case, it could explain quiet a bit. I for one definitely would be pissed off if my friend/relative was imprisoned inside a wall.
Old 2013-09-21, 08:02   Link #414
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I have a question. I'm sure it was discussed lots of times by now but since I'm not a full fledged manga reader yet, I want some confirmation.

Because they look a lot like collosal titan and none of the brainless titans looks like them. All of them have skin while Wall Titans don't.

If that's the case, it could explain quiet a bit. I for one definitely would be pissed off if my friend/relative was imprisoned inside a wall.

Probably yes. They are tall enough to fit inside the wall and have the height to reach 50 meters. The polished crystalized walls like of a marble are the extracts of their skin-hardening ability.

What if these titans just voluntarily sacrificed themselves to protect the last of humanity? It could also explain the cult that knows the history of the walls.
Old 2013-09-21, 08:03   Link #415
chaos_alfa

Quote:

We don't know anything about Wall Titan's yet. They could be human Titan-shifters or brainless titans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post
Probably yes. They are tall enough to fit inside the wall and have the height to reach 50 meters. The polished crystalized walls like of a marble are the extracts of their skin-hardening ability.

What if these titans just voluntarily sacrificed themselves to protect the last of humanity? It could also explain the cult that knows the history of the walls.
I also think this is what probably happened.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 08:31   Link #416
kitten320

Also a s possibility but dose not explain why humanity are such ass holes and do nothing to actually help.

They know so much about the titans yet still refuse to corporate and let thousands of innocent die.
Soldiers are just being sacrificed.

The further series go, the less sympathy I have for humanity apart from survey corps that are being used.
Old 2013-09-21, 10:07   Link #417
zibi88

Quote:
Also a s possibility but dose not explain why humanity are such ass holes and do nothing to actually help.

They know so much about the titans yet still refuse to corporate and let thousands of innocent die.
Soldiers are just being sacrificed.

The further series go, the less sympathy I have for humanity apart from survey corps that are being used.
Well mostly they are afraid that if people know that titans are in the walls they would rebell and kill them off.... as they hid such important thing... and sooo many people died becouse of it....

the same its just wrong that the strongest people are far away from the battlefield and just look from far in safe place...eat and laugh.... its like they hope that if titans eat all those peoples on front lines they would fill themselfs and will go away.... so those inside the inner walls would have priority to procreate with as many woman they can to rebuild the human race...

we still never saw the king/royalty itself... is there even a king or is it all a lie... maybe the king itself is a titan...a king to that... and all those mindless titans want to just retake the king from humans prison...

I guess if people knew what the church was hiding all this time the soldiers would turn against them so better to have them be eaten by titans then create a revolution... but it would be nice to see people tossing all people from wall church to titans to eat ^^
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 10:20   Link #418
kitten320

But the things is, Survey Corps already knows about them. So church might as well tell them what's going on. There are far higher chances to rebel now for being kept in the dark.

It is one thing to hide the truth from unknowing and another from those who already know.

And do they really expect to be safe when walls are falling like flies now?
Old 2013-09-21, 10:54   Link #419
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Apparently what they hold are not just secrets but a scary revelation that can outsrip humans' conventional thinking and conjectures.
Old 2013-09-21, 12:06   Link #420
zibi88

Well I remember how the prist freaked out when the wall broke a little becouse of annie... "do you think people saw this..." and after that he remained sillent.... it might be something regarding goverment...or more like king itself so they cant speak openly

maybe if they started talking the gov. would instantly kick them out from the safe inner walls to be titan prey in order to hide the truth of what is going on.... I wonder if commander pixis knows the truth or at least some bigger more important parts....so he doesnt care for humans lifes at all...if they are beign brutally iten alive he just goes pfff whatever...send another 100-200people to be eaten.... the more people there will be the more busy the titans will be to move towards next walls

I cant wait to learn what historia (christa) will tell about the secret...we know about the titans in the walls... but we dont know how they ended up like that there

maybe the whole city is just one big trap (made by the other warrior village)...the humans were grown there like a lifestock in order to attract the titans into the walls....thet eat and eat humans and enter further into the walls... maybe all titans from the outside of the walls come inside there..... at the end the inner walls will start to fall appart and the titans from inside will kill all titans in one attack...while the wall maria titans will close the hole so the remaining ones wont leave.... just like there was this idea at the beggining....close titans inside the walls

the warrior tribe could mark ape titan as the main enemy as it can move at night...its very inteligent and it can climb walls... so they are collecting all titan shifters in order to defeat him... if he is out of the game then locking up the titans would be easy.... since if the ape can go out of the walls it can create more titans

time will tell I guess and we might learn where the hell is erens father.... it would be interesting if he was the ape titan :P he knew he was losing it so he gave eren power and ordered him to master it so he could stop him later on.... deaths are deaths but the secrets are killing us :P many puzzles on the floor but for now we dont have a concept of the whole picture.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote