2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-06, 18:29   Link #41
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post
XD Does that mean Keiichi is also a lolicon.
I think that the answer is yes:
Quote:
...Rika-chan being sent off to a specialized brothel for borrowing money... Oh shit...I think I'm starting to nosebleed~
Old 2007-11-06, 18:49   Link #42
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

Lets hope they can do things right in 6 episodes.
Old 2007-11-06, 19:44   Link #43
MarthX

Does anyone know the text size of Matsuribayashi? Just the Matsuribayashi world, not Miyo's past or the pieces.
Old 2007-11-07, 02:06   Link #44
myopius

In my personal opinion, which I'm sure is different from a lot of people's in this forum, this was the first superstandard (opposite of substandard) episode in a while. It was very eloquently paced. I loved the scene where onibaba and Mion talked, that was refreshing and revealed interesting sides to each of them. I hope they continue to spread the character development around through this final arc, and while I'm at it I might as well also hope they address that love triangle to some extent.
Old 2007-11-07, 04:45   Link #45
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I thought one of the reasons for the Maebara moving was Keiichi's past incidents where he picked on girls. This wasn't shown to us in detail but I think he was bullying little girls, but nothing perverted of the sort. I don't see the transition on how he came about being a girl bully to become caring for Satoko in that specific arc. I think too many things are left unexplained. Either that or I missed it.
Old 2007-11-07, 04:50   Link #46
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta View Post
I thought one of the reasons for the Maebara moving was Keiichi's past incidents where he picked on girls. This wasn't shown to us in detail but I think he was bullying little girls, but nothing perverted of the sort. I don't see the transition on how he came about being a girl bully to become caring for Satoko in that specific arc. I think too many things are left unexplained. Either that or I missed it.
Yes, keiichi's erratic behaviour was one of the reasons, but his father wasn't exactly searching for anything specific. It is because of Rika and Hanyuu that he made up his mind.

Also, no, Keiichi wasn't a "girl bully", but simply a "bully". Any target was fine, but he grew a liking on bullying children, because they were helpless.

Tatarigoroshi-hen already "explained" why Keiichi is so devoted: When he was admitted at his new school (for genius and such) he was very proficient, to the point of being bullied as well. He didn't have any friend, and his disinterest in studies was the reason how he was attracted by model guns etc.

Thus, it isn't exactly Satoko alone, but all of his friends: because they are his first true friends, he is doing his best to save them all. That is the reason why he was so caring for satoko, but also confronting "lethal situations" with "mion" and rena, in Watanagashi-hen/Meakashi-hen and Tsumihoroboshi-hen.
Old 2007-11-07, 09:12   Link #47
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

Gave this episode an 8.

This episode managed to answer some of my questions that are still unanswered, especially about Satoshi. His fate is unclear, although IMO, nothing "good" is going to happen to him after that scene in the clinic.

Oryou kept saying about the coming of a "fresh air", but seeing her in a relatively calm and kind mode is what really call "a breath of fresh air." She actually made it look like Keiichi is made up of GAR.

Anyway, loved the preview. Seeing Rena's eyes flash at the sight of Hanyuu - I can't imagine how she'll go haywire (in a good way) when she gets near the mysterious transfer student. Can't wait.
Old 2007-11-07, 09:14   Link #48
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

the oruyo scene was like the only one that was translated fully imo . that scene i had no complaints (in this episode ) . they really gimped on rena's past
Old 2007-11-07, 09:16   Link #49
MarthX

DEEN hates Rena. They cut up anything about her. They want Keiichi to be with Mion.
Old 2007-11-07, 09:39   Link #50
MezzoDragon

Can anyone explain the preview? Hanyuu was making silly sounds as the end. And then ran away with a zoom. Also, it seems Rika had a major hangover.
Old 2007-11-07, 10:00   Link #51
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
DEEN hates Rena. They cut up anything about her. They want Keiichi to be with Mion.
I honestly cannot decide who I'd like K1 to end up with.. both Rena and Mion have grown on me...

After reading the Pieces...
Spoiler for Pieces:

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2007-11-07, 10:16   Link #52
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
So do most Higurashi Doujin writers not that I blame them
Old 2007-11-07, 10:24   Link #53
MezzoDragon

Mion should have Keiichi. That will help Shion and Satoshi having a discount during their double wedding. Beside, Rena can just marry her Kenta doll.
Old 2007-11-07, 10:28   Link #54
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It was nice to see Oryou in such a kind state. After a lot of being angry and threatening to take people out with cleavers this was nice. Could see how she got along with Mion in less public circumstances. Who knew Keiichi had so much being put on him before he even moved in .

Sadly with only so many episodes something has to be cut along the way. Rena is one who suffers a bit there, to whcih I'm glad we've got this forum to fill in the blanks.

In terms of who Keiichi should end up with...Honestly been so focused on them getting out of this alive that hasn't been a chief concern. Both Rena and Mion have their charm and connection to Keiichi so I probably wouldn't be bothered either way. Might give a slight preference to Mion but it isn't huge.

Heck give it a few years down the road that aren't in time loops and he can get together with Rika. At least you know that if Keiichi impresses in this world (and if they save the village that should be right) then Oryou will be pushing for a KeiichixMion finish as well.
Old 2007-11-07, 10:42   Link #55
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Takano might even make the choice for us
Old 2007-11-07, 12:35   Link #56
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

I like this episode, though what gets me is there is no explination of that woman at the end of 17..

Old 2007-11-07, 13:08   Link #57
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
I like this episode, though what gets me is there is no explination of that woman at the end of 17..
That's how it is in the game
Old 2007-11-07, 13:17   Link #58
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I can imagine Higurashi as a high school romance series.

& if i had to choose one of the girls to end up with Keiichi (it's not like i want to, 'cause i don't see anything like that happening in this series), then it would have to be Mion.
Old 2007-11-07, 14:28   Link #59
Blaat

Quote:
I always wondered why Rena had such a small role in the show, guess this explains everything.
Old 2007-11-07, 14:56   Link #60
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Well... in term of "shaft", almost every character got their share.
Mion didn't have much, since her story is linked with shion.

Meanwhile, Rena's development is more on a long span, so it is rather harder to flesh her out. That said, I can't see how it is some favoritism for Mion, as both characters are shown "cared equally", and I think Keiichi displayed a much more blatant side to Rena, unlike to Mion (the doll scene isn't exactly convincing considering that Keiichi actually doesn't consider her like a girl)

the "love flags" are however quite toned down for everyone else, except for Shion and Satoshi (well, things were much more serious for Keiichi and Satoko so)