AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-07-20, 16:46   Link #9141
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Yeah, I would have had Grey out, and Mirajane in. I like Gray, but I don't think he's up to the power level of the others. However, they had to have a matchup for Rufus, and Gray has already faced him and needs a rematch, so that probably factored in to Mashima's decision.

Gildartz is traveling around (probably looking for something), and Mystogan is probably too worried about being exposed, and is probably laying low and looking for the dark magic.

Unless I misread it, it sounds like the next match is a 2 on 2 tag team, so technically 1 vs. 1, but you can tag out to have your partner come in(which will be Natsu and Gajeel vs. Sting and Rogue). And then there is a day of rest, and then on the final day, a 5 vs. 5 match. I have a feeling Gray will be subbed out after this, for Mira to come back in for the finale.

Next appears to be Blue Pegasus vs. Quattro Puppy; I think we can assume BP will win. Lamia Scale vs. Mermaid Heel is a bit more difficult to call... LS has people we know and a Wizard Saint, but MH has badass Kagura. I almost lean to the odds being in LS's favor, but I think MH will kick LS's ass in order to set themselves up against FT on the final day. Kagura and Milli have to have a reckoning against Erza and Jellal eventually. Maybe Mystogan will be subbed in afterward, too?

Lastly, as for the final manga page... I think the Eclipse Gate is a gate to the world the Dragons are in. And/or the demon's, too. Since they can't live in the same world as humans, the only alternative is another world. Zeref is already on the other side, marshaling an army of demons, and is counting on the gate being opened for him.

I think this other world, is the world where Earthland got it's magic from. Possibly stole its magic from. Perhaps demons gave magic to humans to fight dragons. We already know that dragons can teach magic to humans.

At any rate, it would be interesting to see all the people we've known so far, gather up to fight off the waves of demons that Zeref unleashes upon the world.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 16:52   Link #9142
Excelion

So we might be seeing the return of the dragons in this arc, yeah? Igneel and Grandine mentioned meeting up at this 'dragon kings feast'. Perhaps that 'mysterious magical power' is the dragon king in a human disguise. Or maybe something on the demon side.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 17:52   Link #9143
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Wow, I read it in english and when the combined Fairy Tail team came out...the moment of epic-ness can only be captured with this:

Old 2012-07-20, 17:53   Link #9144
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I fail!!!!!!!!

Totally forgot about Gildartz, but he's not there so meh.
Gildartz is so flakky. I mean hell against Hades, all of fairy tail basically went to go and fight him but gildartz just up and dissapears until after the battle is over.

I mean what the hell was Gildartz doing after he beat bluenote? why did he not join natsu, gray, lucy, erza, ect to hades.

I think Hiro accidently realized he made someone too strong and thus makes him dissapear all the time so he doesn't ruin the story by just curb stomping all enemies.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 18:13   Link #9145
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
I find it funny how Mashima has been able to believably keep Gildartz out of the picture whenever the current arc involves the strongest members of Fairy Tail.

With exception of the Tenrou arc of course
well keep in mind that gildarts went on a journey after everyone came back so thats that o and the fact that i believe this is kinda the way to reedem the tenrou group who got screwed by GH's invasion during the TBTC arc
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 19:21   Link #9146
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
This was quite a chapter and i only have two complaints 1. Why couldnt u have Quatro Puppy the all male guild vs Mermaid Heel the all female guild 2. Why are they keeping this a 2 vs 2 matchup because we all know who the 2 vs 2 for Fairy Tail is gonna be Natsu and Gajeel vs Sting and Rouge. Other then that wow but seriously by the time this arc is over which im thinking will be about 10 or so chapters FT WILL take its place among the big 3 because i think it will surpass both bleach and One peice and depending on how its played it may surpass Naruto as well
I think it may be based off of point matchup
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 21:58   Link #9147
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
well keep in mind that gildarts went on a journey after everyone came back so thats that o and the fact that i believe this is kinda the way to reedem the tenrou group who got screwed by GH's invasion during the TBTC arc
Agreed, plus He likely couldnt particapate anyways due to his former rank as guildmaster... though I'd have no problem with him returning on the final day after the last match to try to warn FT of the coming doom and pawnstomping Gamme, some council morons, or Zeref/this like him but not who get in the way
Old 2012-07-21, 00:53   Link #9148
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Gildartz is a wanderer, he never really sticks around for too long, so he's just staying true to his character.

As for the team selection, even if Gray isn't among the strongest members, he deserves his revenge...best served cold. The next few chapters should be absolutely lovely^^ (ok maybe with the exception of the next one, since it will be Ichiya-focused. Will he finally be able to have a serious fight?)
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 03:13   Link #9149
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Spoiler for obvious spoiler:
Spoiler for so...:

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 03:28   Link #9150
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Epic chapter, I love it, except the fact that Aquarius have no blame but it was predictable, just a running gag :/.
Old 2012-07-21, 05:43   Link #9151
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

awww... I'm expecting Fairy Tail strongest team but seems like it's not strong enough...
just exchange Gray with Mirajane please... xD xD
if Gildartz is there, we don't need Gajeel anymore...
We can't kick Natsu away because of his main character's power
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 08:15   Link #9152
ImperialFlameGod8190

Ya know i hate to say this people but despite the fact Mirajane is S class remember something really important SHE DOESNT LIKE TO FIGHT. She's had maybe 4 fights this entire manga. 1 is vs Freed and she didnt really wanna do that. 2. Was vs Elfman and evergreen and that wasnt even a legit fight. 3. Vs Azuma cause she was forced. 4. The battle vs Jenny and that wasnt really a fight either just a bikini battle (A great one if that) but she hasnt had a legitimate fight the entire show why expect that to change. if im missing any please tell me but she hasnt done anything otherwise. And even Mira admits that Natsu Gray and Erza are the strongest team adding laxus because he's the strongest male besides gildarts and Gajeel because he's a dragon slayer whose shown to be on par with natsu whose clearly the strongest Male not in S class. Besides i think its also possible that mira is not fighting because there's worry about lucy's safety.
Old 2012-07-21, 12:07   Link #9153
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Ya know i hate to say this people but despite the fact Mirajane is S class remember something really important SHE DOESNT LIKE TO FIGHT. She's had maybe 4 fights this entire manga. 1 is vs Freed and she didnt really wanna do that. 2. Was vs Elfman and evergreen and that wasnt even a legit fight. 3. Vs Azuma cause she was forced. 4. The battle vs Jenny and that wasnt really a fight either just a bikini battle (A great one if that) but she hasnt had a legitimate fight the entire show why expect that to change. if im missing any please tell me but she hasnt done anything otherwise. And even Mira admits that Natsu Gray and Erza are the strongest team adding laxus because he's the strongest male besides gildarts and Gajeel because he's a dragon slayer whose shown to be on par with natsu whose clearly the strongest Male not in S class. Besides i think its also possible that mira is not fighting because there's worry about lucy's safety.
Agree those reasons are plausible. Except the last. If there is worry about Lucy's safety, I'm pretty sure the old man and the old loli would be sufficient protection. Or rather, if they fail, Mira won't be of any use.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 12:21   Link #9154
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Mira has the POWER but she no longer has the DRIVE. Mirajane is the girl that anyone would say is Erza's equal in terms of speed and power and technique, why else did Makarov take the two of them to Twilight Ogre to stomp them? Even though Juvia can be considered close to the both of them, Juvia will always be at Cana's lvl.

Saber's team are pretty much set up like the new FairyTail team is and besides, 'Mystogun' shouldn't make any more appearances as is and Mira should hang back to protect Lucy.
Mavis can't really interfere with anything but they can't hit her either.
Old 2012-07-21, 12:23   Link #9155
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Agree those reasons are plausible. Except the last. If there is worry about Lucy's safety, I'm pretty sure the old man and the old loli would be sufficient protection. Or rather, if they fail, Mira won't be of any use.
Hisoka the master cant stay cause u'd want him to watch the matches as for the old loli she's technically dead and can only be seen by FT people so idk if she can help Cana
Old 2012-07-21, 14:25   Link #9156
DeadBonesDooM

Oh god, can't wait for next episode
Things are about to get fun
Old 2012-07-21, 14:40   Link #9157
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBonesDooM View Post
Oh god, can't wait for next episode
Things are about to get fun
Chapter...

And next Chapter will be Blue Pegasus vs Mermaid Heel if I'm not mistaken (Since it is the next match and judging from the title)
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 16:52   Link #9158
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Chapter...

And next Chapter will be Blue Pegasus vs Mermaid Heel if I'm not mistaken (Since it is the next match and judging from the title)
It's between Blue Pegasus and Quatro Puppy... so I'm assuming Ichy (whatever) gets his butt kicked but gives the rabbit his purfume since he'll make some grandious act over getting beaten up again... that, or Ichy and Barraccis fight over Erza's hand much to Erzas dismay.

The fight after is between Lamia Scale and Mermaid Heel (it's obvious which two Mermaid Heel sends out but Lamia Scale is the unknow having three worthy mages). The final fight of the day being between Sabertooth and Fairy Tail (Natsu has already implied he's going out no matter what and Sting hinted that he believed he'd fight Natsu today... plus Natsu and Gajeel where in one panel looking at Sting and Rogue in the next, so that is likely our next tag battle). This all depends on Mashima not trolling us though.
Old 2012-07-21, 17:43   Link #9159
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Oops my mistake :P

I did find it interesting that while Rufus, Orga and Sting stepped between Fairy Tail and Minerva...Rogue didn't. Rogue really does seem like he doesn't quite fit in with ST...maybe he joined just because of Sting or something.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 20:04   Link #9160
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Oh man is Erza pissed off, thats the one person you don't wanna piss off.
Sure Natsu gets pissed off and owns but thats cause of the role he plays which is MC.
However with someone like Erza, making her angry is simply not a good idea.
I know people will be expecting a epic with her but I think this is one of the times where seeing her struggle isn't what I want to see, maybe putting up a very small struggle but basically showing why she is one of the best of FT.

Guess SB can count themselves lucky there was no cake involved, it would be a blood bath then

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen