AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-02-03, 09:06   Link #1081
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxis View Post
How many times has izayoi used his aurora pillar ability nd in what volume
There was an illustration of it in volume 4, but it wasn't in the summary and he used it in his fight against Azi Dahaka.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 09:38   Link #1082
versionf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I was wondering about that... So what were her abilities, I remember she could transform into a fortress?
Yeah, and also lightning. With Asuka's ability she could temporarily regain her former divinity, Jack wanted to create an artificial Aegis by combining her pelt with adamantium.
versionf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 10:23   Link #1083
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

........................ (The walls of text in here --_--)

Just finished reading the 9th volume. (Took me about a month)

All I have to say is "when are we gonna get the rest of the Demon Lord Alliance arc!?
Old 2014-02-03, 19:56   Link #1084
endarion88

so vol 9 was short stories again and now we wait vol 10 hun..
Old 2014-02-04, 01:27   Link #1085
Alyxis
Mad Hatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
so vol 9 was short stories again and now we wait vol 10 hun..
I believe dat comes out in March.
Alyxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 01:51   Link #1086
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Another Short Story Volume?! I swear, I'd give the author a bright slaps if I could. That's it, he totally killed the tension and the pacing. Just when things started to get interesting, he just decided to kill it all like he don't even care. Or maybe it's the editor or the publisher. I don't know. I'd totally call quit if it weren't for my intent to rewrite my fanfic. Then again, I'm going for an AU anyway, so I'll just call it quit. I won't continue to read it, I'll just follow the spoilers and summaries here, no more than that.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 05:17   Link #1087
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
Another Short Story Volume?! I swear, I'd give the author a bright slaps if I could. That's it, he totally killed the tension and the pacing. Just when things started to get interesting, he just decided to kill it all like he don't even care. Or maybe it's the editor or the publisher. I don't know. I'd totally call quit if it weren't for my intent to rewrite my fanfic. Then again, I'm going for an AU anyway, so I'll just call it quit. I won't continue to read it, I'll just follow the spoilers and summaries here, no more than that.
+1! +1!!!

Seriously, authors (or maybe I should say editors and publishers?), stop screwing around as if a loose compilation of magazine short-stories is an actual volume!
Or at least, that's what I'd like to say, but there's probably no one among us who can do anything about that. I don't know about others, but even if they publish a decent volume, and throw out a compilation with the short stories following right after that, I still think they'd get the sales decent.

Also, Feng-sensei, if you like to do it, then you should do it. Even more so if there are people interested in it. But if it's become bothersome because you don't like to do it anymore, then don't do it. It's never worth whacking your own head like that, since annoyance is the self-punishment for the idiocy of others. I hope you get back on track (even though I didn't read your fanfic, you seem to be quite immersed in it and serious about it, so it'd be a waste to just burn the bridges, you know).
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 05:41   Link #1088
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

It's been on hiatus. The concept has a lot of plot holes in it. Granted, it is my first fanfic, so it can't be helped. For now, I'm leaving it until I have enough experience to make it actually work. I have a lot of ideas on my mind and I'm not going to give up on it. For now, I'm going for a 'rewrite' of High School DxD in the vein of In Memoriam (To Aru), Enslaved (ZnT), and/or Dark Wing (I.S.). DxD section is notorious for bad fics that even if I failed, I could just chalk it up to "What did you expect? It was in DxD section," in a similar way many artists practice drawing the less 'proper' part of human body through Touhou doujin/fan-arts.

In any case, it's bad. No need to read it. And I'm not going to write anything until... April I think. Third-year high school stuffs.

Still, I'm really disappointed with their decisions... I remember that Vol 7 was already filled with short stories and they had 8th on top of it. It's probably money again, but if they like it so much, why not make a spin-off? To Aru did, it had one hell of a volume count because of it and a great level of popularity. And not a small portion of it was due to Railgun, why not try the same? It's certainly more productive than this way.
Old 2014-02-04, 07:00   Link #1089
endarion88

is really irritating when they put short storyes after such cliffhangers..
Old 2014-02-04, 08:33   Link #1090
Jirachier

Yeah, everyone is annoying with this, I still can't understand how anyone thought that making an entire volume worth of short stories is a good idea, especially since it's right after a volume where half of it was dedicated to it(which was too much already, 1-2 short stories should be the maximum)
Jirachier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 12:49   Link #1091
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
blame the editors

same thing happen to reigos. During its run the Editor had author write a bunch of sugary short stories in between the main storyline to cash in on the popularity of the series.
Old 2014-02-04, 15:56   Link #1092
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
Yeah, everyone is annoying with this, I still can't understand how anyone thought that making an entire volume worth of short stories is a good idea, especially since it's right after a volume where half of it was dedicated to it(which was too much already, 1-2 short stories should be the maximum)
It's actually an extremely good idea. From the cashier's wiewpoint.
If you have a "collection hobby", you will want to buy it. If you don't, you don't buy it in the first place, you get it from the intarwebz, because it's free. Well, either way, we really don't have much of a choice, since we can't read either chinese or japanese (or at least, I myself can't).

Btw, Feng-sensei, the only thing worse than third year of high school is third year of university. Trust me on it - it's a very bad experience (which I feel right now, coughing up blood over my diploma work).
Also, fanfic is usually bad, since it's never in the style of the original work. But as a work on its own, it still might be quite good. Well, whatever. I'm not all that hot on fanfic as a reader, to be honest. Also, my writing skills are only at an adequate level when doing accurate translations to and from english (my own unnamed language), and lyrics to songs and poetry, so i'm not good at writing it either. Well, it would be fun to try though.
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 15:51   Link #1093
Breimoon

for those interested there is fanservice on the three main girls of mondajitachi in the lastest maken-ki episode.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 17:27   Link #1094
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
for those interested there is fanservice on the three main girls of mondajitachi in the lastest maken-ki episode.
around what time?
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 17:29   Link #1095
ImperialFlameGod8190

right at the end but watch the whole thing for some funny stuff
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 20:51   Link #1096
Velsy

I've only looked at the first page and now skipped to the last page since I dont really want to read spoilers, but I have a simple question to ask.

I've noticed on Baka Tsuiki, only half the first volume is translated, a full 2.vol and only half the 3rd volume. I enjoyed the anime, and what little it had in manga. I am just about to finish the 2 volumes of No game no Life and have been wanting to read this next. Will the first volume and third volume be likelyto get translated, and is Baka Tsuki the only place to read this. Having liked the anime/manga very much, this is something I think would be great to read. Izyaya and Black rabbit were bloody awesome.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 22:07   Link #1097
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

The translators for this one is a bit slow (then again, most translator is slow when you compare them to zzhk) and the two are separate teams so... yeah. It might happen, but it will take a lot of time. There is another place to read it, it's the second translator's blog, but he's translating the latter volumes anyway and it's also mirrored on BT so there's no point to going there directly.
Old 2014-02-09, 12:49   Link #1098
Alyxis
Mad Hatter

What are the classification of power levels in little garden.
Old 2014-02-09, 13:02   Link #1099
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxis View Post
What are the classification of power levels in little garden.
The lower your digit the stronger you are.

If you want more accurate power levels

Izaoyi>everyone.

Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 13:18   Link #1100
Alyxis
Mad Hatter

Sorry i meant classification in terms of species nd divinity for example star class >>> normal divinity

Tags
alternate world, sneaker bunko