AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2006-01-20, 01:03   Link #161
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

ep 13

i would like to see nanoha B's, but i HIGHLY doubt it will happen. nanoha got delolified at the end and it will be a totally different anime. probably romance between the fate + nanoha or nanoha + weasel guy.

anywho, chrono didnt get shown much in the series and i was hopin to see more of his power, too bad...
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 03:00   Link #162
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx
i would like to see nanoha B's, but i HIGHLY doubt it will happen. nanoha got delolified at the end and it will be a totally different anime. probably romance between the fate + nanoha or nanoha + weasel guy.

anywho, chrono didnt get shown much in the series and i was hopin to see more of his power, too bad...

delolified == ???
Old 2006-01-20, 03:14   Link #163
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

"delolified" is a way of saying that he doesn't find her attractive now that she has breasts.

De-: A prefix meaning remove.

Loli: Short for lolita. When used in a context realiting to anime, it means that she hasn't yet entered puberty or at least has young looks and small breasts. Curiously it has a sexual sub-context.

-fied: Made that way.

Delolified: Made into someone who is no longer prepubescent.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 03:56   Link #164
Takemi_Ikazuchi

If they're really THAT worried about loosing pedoph.....lolicon viewership, they can always bring in a fresh new girl.

Nanoha = instructor = students = new girls

It works too since space aparently has no child labor laws whatsover.
and maybe they can do the oneesama / petite soeur thing with Nanoha and her trainee. That seems to be catching on lately..

but this show is called "Lyrical Nanoha" you say?

well, how much of Nanoha A's is actually about Nanoha?
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 05:41   Link #165
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
If they're really THAT worried about loosing pedoph.....lolicon viewership, they can always bring in a fresh new girl.
That's probably what they'll do. Besides we've had loli fanservice of Nanoha for like 26 episodes. Thus it's time for a change of pace and to enjoy teenage level fanservice from Nanoha and crew instead. Let the new girl(s) be the source of loli.

Last edited by Tatiana Razajev; 2006-01-20 at 06:03.
Tatiana Razajev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 09:26   Link #166
Forever
Revealing the truth

JUst watched the last ep. And then I realised I need to edit my list for top anime of 2005 in the general anime section. A simply excellent ending! This has become one of my personal favs for 2005!

Yay to see my yuuno x nanoha prediction coming true. Finally a pairing I got semi-right!

Teenage Hayate just looks simply so cute!!! Teenage Fate still remains the same flavor, while I felt Nanoha's design could be better.

I do really hope we get a third season. There is still much promise to the series. We could have chrono's father really coming back to be the bad guy.......

If a hentai of this really comes out, I will be the first to get it........
Old 2006-01-20, 11:31   Link #167
madarabe
Dunamist

Anybody interested with this alarm clock?

~Every morning, Nanoha-chan & Fate-chan will wake you up.

いっぺん 死んでみる?
madarabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 12:54   Link #168
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever
JUst watched the last ep. And then I realised I need to edit my list for top anime of 2005 in the general anime section. A simply excellent ending! This has become one of my personal favs for 2005!

Yay to see my yuuno x nanoha prediction coming true. Finally a pairing I got semi-right!

Teenage Hayate just looks simply so cute!!! Teenage Fate still remains the same flavor, while I felt Nanoha's design could be better.

I do really hope we get a third season. There is still much promise to the series. We could have chrono's father really coming back to be the bad guy.......
Second that, after all those so-so-to-lame endings I've been watching lately (see, Suzuka, Shuffle, etc.) this ending rocked Wee, I'm happy All girls in their teens looked absolutely marvelous Nanoha looked very nice, the hairstyle's interesting. And Chrono seems very cool now Yuuno, yeah well, he's nice too

Yay, bring on the third season I say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever
If a hentai of this really comes out, I will be the first to get it........
Tsk tsk, don't taint Nanoha like that, tsk tsk tsk
Old 2006-01-20, 13:33   Link #169
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yeah.. very nice ending for this series.... I really have few complaints about either season and would love to see a third season of the gang in their teens.
Old 2006-01-20, 14:09   Link #170
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

There's already some rumor floating about on season 3. The published info thus far indicates that the production team debated on the topic although there's been no official confirmation to date. There is a picture floating on the net (appeared on 4Chan and subsequently other BBS) that shows a conceptual for Nanoha in Barrier Jacket at age 15 but the authenticity is arguable.

It has been said before that there's more than enough material to continue onward in Nanoha universe. Tohara had an extensive backstory comprised of Soundstages and the games mostly which Nanoha aludes to if not copy which can be used as well.

I actually agree to a poster's comment on 4Chan that the story might get even more engrossing. I read a synopsis of the novel for season 1 and it should've spanned 20ish eps by itself. Nanoha A's manga gave me some link to Tohara on the crossover character's backstory.... (such as Nanoha's past, a legacy to her father's bodyguard days and family martial art school, Alisa's intellegence which she as a ghost exhibits in Tohara as well as Suzuka's outstanding reflex, possible throwback to her family's Vampire heritage in Tohara ) which are loose ends. Given how A's concluded itself room in season 3 to exploit all those things are wide open.

FMA/Gundam w. magical girl? The newest rendition to Romance of 3 kingdoms or Suikoden? Who knows...

Now to go totally off tangent.

Ep11 in A's feels like a throwback to AIR ep6 with end of the Minagi arc in part to me somehow. The message and the event just kind of mirror each other... thank goodness the execution isn't the same.

Alicia == Michiru!???
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 14:09   Link #171
Desti-Fate
Now available in pink

If there is a third season, there'll be twice as many good guys this time round PLUS a new set of enemies. I doubt they could keep it as interesting, unless they moved the other characters to the extreme sidelines.

A movie would be a great idea.
Desti-Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 17:06   Link #172
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
"delolified" is a way of saying that he doesn't find her attractive now that she has breasts.
hey now! i never said i was a pedo >.> i think she looks better with it :P but nice description though.

and for the peopl wishin for season 3, lets be realistic and say its not gonna happen. The way they ended the story on season 2 is enough evidence to show that they will not be makin another...
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 19:48   Link #173
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx
hey now! i never said i was a pedo >.> i think she looks better with it :P but nice description though.

and for the peopl wishin for season 3, lets be realistic and say its not gonna happen. The way they ended the story on season 2 is enough evidence to show that they will not be makin another...

Nah, not true, they could just want to give us something to keep us happy while waiting for the third season I try to be optimistic about it, Nanoha is one of the best series I've watched, besides the masterpiece Card Captor Sakura
Ok, it could mean that they don't want to make another but whatever, I can hope
Old 2006-01-20, 20:13   Link #174
Seiryuu

I could see a third season. But then, I'm used to trilogies. When you get down to it, plots always take a trilogy form. First they set up the workings of the universe and the state of mankind. Then they lay down the relationships, history and conflict, stabilizing everything. Finally, they turn that world upside down to see how much chaos the heroes can handle, and give them just a little more than that. That's why I often expect stories to be three- or four-parts.
Nanoha could have been just setting things up and creating the heroes for later, and, while A's didn't have the character development, there WAS some apparent work at fleshing out the relationships and motivations. They didn't change any, they just figured out why they were what they were. Given this, season three would probably be much darker. They can't keep the audience if the suspense doesn't skyrocket from here. Earth won't be all that's at stake, and the lines between good and evil will blur. At least a few of the characters' foundations, such as friends, family, and the government perhaps, will be taken away, destroyed, or set against them. Someone will die, and someone will probably turn. They really can't keep that many good guys at once.
If this happens, I doubt they'll keep the name "Lyrical Nanoha". It worked for a cute story about an eight-year-old, but they've used that up. Maybe a spinoff, or something close.
BTW, Someone asked about the teenage transformation. I'd be surprised if that was in the DVD. After all, unlike the first series, this one had few transform sequences, and there was no indecent exposure outside of those. Gone are the days when the viewpoint is designed to provide a view up a kid's skirt(see ep1 of first series). Good riddance.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 03:11   Link #175
porchoky

btw was there a reason why they called it A's? it sounds cool? its the first letter in the alphabet?
porchoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 04:03   Link #176
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchoky
btw was there a reason why they called it A's? it sounds cool? its the first letter in the alphabet?
Dont know, but I would go for the reason that it sounds cool it does ^^ still mabye there is somthing behind it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Second that, after all those so-so-to-lame endings I've been watching lately (see, Suzuka, Shuffle, etc.) this ending rocked Wee, I'm happy
hahaha Same here -> Though I want(ed) to see a little more of her.. but still kinda cute! ^^

Wow I cant belived it's ended, their teenagers! ^^ I'm usually against any type of time skip just at the ending but here Its not bad, well the main iffy bit I think was Chrono's Voice...
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 06:58   Link #177
landau

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchoky
I guess A's stands for the word Ace. As for the Nanoha manga, the title of the last chapter is "Epilogue of ACES".

Last edited by landau; 2006-01-21 at 07:13.
landau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 11:43   Link #178
currywu

I was wondering if anyone knew when they are planning to release the soundtrack for A's. I really loved the music in this show, especially the battle themes.
currywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 12:44   Link #179
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by currywu
I was wondering if anyone knew when they are planning to release the soundtrack for A's.
Well, there's no official word yet (that I can find) but, if the release pattern for the first season is any guide (and it's tracking pretty closely so far), you might not see it 'till May. But there'll certainly be one at some point.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 21:08   Link #180
Riria

Is it possible for a third season? The ending to A's is really....final looking....*cry cry cry*

It was a good series...too bad Yuuno didn't get much screen time...I LUV YUUNO-KUN! Anyways, there's no romance either...*sigh* I guess I should've known that since the main characters are all third graders...

I REALLY hope there's a third season.

It seem Yuuno and Nanoha is getting closer...CUTE!

Yuuno grown up isn't as cute as he was...but he's cute in a special....bookish way....

KYAA! I need a third series!!!
Riria is offline   Reply With Quote