AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-11-08, 02:53   Link #21
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ah no.. I thought the list was made up of shows being posted about during a recent time interval not just the "recently started shows" ... that makes me raise my eyebrows less then.
Old 2006-11-08, 06:23   Link #22
Woland
Latin Rascal

Bartender is undoubtedly an Iyashi Kei but probably lack the most basic thing to appeal 2ch audience... lot of moé Undine :P

And Otome wa Boku ni Koi Shiteru seems to me an in drag-centric stopani-like series I can see how is popular but what is surprising is the fact that is more popular (or in par) with the long awaited Kanon.

Code Geass is indeed a well made (?) mix: CLAMP name (at least they are in the credits ), Sunrise (but Iroha is a sunrise series too, and for mech I don't remember Zegapain doing well either), Bishojo+Bishonen, Nationalism, flashy Mech action... and Karen boobs (but I must have missed the nipples part)... even if I'm mostly her fan for Amisuke :P
So far I'm not really so fascinated by this series, seems to me more similar to a s-CRY-ed than a Mugen no Ryvius or a Planetes (the two title wich make me like Taniguchi direction)... but who can tell?

Last edited by Woland; 2006-11-08 at 09:12.
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 06:38   Link #23
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Must admit I'm surprised Code Geass is as popular. I expected it to be big, but not huge. It'll be good to see some actual viewing figures by comparison. Though I can't believe a nipple shot alone would do that. More the accumulation of its good and bad points making it unmissable for most; if only to discuss the pros and cons of each episode at length.

No real surprise about Negima!?, but Pumpkin Scissors's relative success does continue baffle me, despite me being a big fan. It could be down to its accessibility or the fact that the two main characters are particularly memorable. Of the less popular series I'm watching Ghost Hunt is doing the best of them, Iroha and Shounen Onmyouji not so good.

As others have said it'll be interesting to see where Soukou no Strain is this time next month.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 09:05   Link #24
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Well, I understand the placement of Bartender. There is a bishounen, but he doesn't have a partner he could do the Kusomiso technique with, so a lot of yaoi fangirls are turned off. There isn't any hot girls with voluptuous bodies in skimpy and suggestive clothing, so there aren't many guys watching it. It's very understandable in its position.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 11:44   Link #25
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Woland] View Post

And Otome wa Boku ni Koi Shiteru seems to me an in drag-centric stopani-like series I can see how is popular but what is surprising is the fact that is more popular (or in par) with the long awaited Kanon.
Do not overlook the power of traps.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 15:19   Link #26
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Yes, I was only posting about this fall season's shows. For the summer shows, here are a few numbers. I didn't go all the way through the list, these are just examples:
Bokura ga Ita 4
Kemonozume 3
Chevalier 5
Tonagura 10
NHK 36
Akazukin 39

And I've added Super Robot Wars 11, Souten no Ken 3, and Galaxy Railways Eien 3 to the fall list.

As for actual ratings, I only have a site that gives the first week or two of the new season, and then a few numbers from a 2channel thread:
D-Gray Man 3.8 (2.9 at end Oct, 4.1 early Nov)
Death Note 3.4 (3.1 in mid Oct)
Ghost Hunt 1.7
Yamato Nadeshiko 1.4
Red Garden 0.8
Galaxy Angel 2.5
Corda D'Oro 2.8 (1.6 at end of Oct)
Negima 2.2
Busou Renkin 2.2 (1.9 at end Oct)
Super Robot Wars 1.3
Souten no Ken 1.3
Hataraki Man 4.6 (3.4 in mid Oct)
009-1 2.5
Asatte no Houkou 1.5
Sumomo 1.5
Code Geass 1.7
Galaxy Railways 1.7
Hitman Reborn 3.8 (1.6 at end of Oct)
Ayakashi Ayashi 3.6
Ken'ichi 2.2

Shows aimed at women are far more popular on TV than on 2channel, as are the standard kids' anime, which dominate the top ten every week.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-11-08 at 15:32.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 15:29   Link #27
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Hataraki Man has a higher rating than Death Note? Now that's a rather pleasant surprise.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 15:42   Link #28
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Hataraki Man has a higher rating than Death Note? Now that's a rather pleasant surprise.
NANA is by far the highest rated late-night anime on TV right now, with weekly ratings from 4.0 to 6.5, averaging just over 5.0 for August-September. But 2channel has produced only ten threads after more than two seasons.

The more I watch Hataraki Man, the more I enjoy and admire it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-11-08, 15:50   Link #29
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Never underestimate the Noitamina timeslot. How they were able to convince normal people to start watching during a late night anime timeslot is beyond me.

I get Hataraki Man. Yay, I'm mature!

Can someone enlighten me concerning the nipple shot in Code Geass? Because I paused and rewound multiple times during that scene, and nipple I found none. Was it particular to an HD version and not SD (I noticed that the SD had the frontal over-steamed)
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 15:53   Link #30
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm also not that shocked about Hataraki Man, its the typical show to get that much viewer - its the ultimate slice of life if you ask me.
Old 2006-11-08, 15:56   Link #31
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool View Post
Never underestimate the Noitamina timeslot. How they were able to convince normal people to start watching during a late night anime timeslot is beyond me.

I get Hataraki Man. Yay, I'm mature!

Can someone enlighten me concerning the nipple shot in Code Geass? Because I paused and rewound multiple times during that scene, and nipple I found none. Was it particular to an HD version and not SD (I noticed that the SD had the frontal over-steamed)

go check Omni's blog.
Old 2006-11-08, 16:05   Link #32
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
go check Omni's blog.
Thanks, found it Wasn't impressive, though.

...certainly not enough to rack up those 2ch posts. Coming from someone jaded from watching way too many ecchi series.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 16:20   Link #33
Woland
Latin Rascal

Long life to Noitamina (and I can wait for Nodame Cantabile)

...but... Ayakashi Ayashi it's a bit low. For a show in the same timeslot of FMA and GSD that rating sound like a flop. Ah but I have still to watch a single episode so I can really tell...
Old 2006-11-08, 17:15   Link #34
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Somehow, I feel vibes from Nodame Cantabile's description that Noitamina (if ever it airs there) will produce another hit. It's a realistic love story, and from the way it's described, I can surely welcome an anime version of Last Life in the Universe. Let's just erase in our memories the things that happened to Jyu Oh Sei.
Old 2006-11-08, 22:30   Link #35
wao
OK.

Hey, even Jyu-Oh-Sei had ratings up and above 3.0 (IIRC) despite being the way it was (well, guess Koichi Domoto and Shun Oguri fangirls are unbeatable....)

I don't know how Noitanima works so well, I don't think it even gets loads and loads of advertising, does it...? But all the better - great shows like Hataraki Man with an interesting and somewhat refreshing theme like that deserve the ratings . And Nodame is airing in that slot, I believe...

But Ayakashi Ayashi - I think I would expect those ratings... It doesn't even have the standard 'exciting things' that Blood+ has, and Blood+ did quite badly for a primetime show. Furthermore, frankly speaking, it just isnt' the kind of show that will attract a large amoutn of viewers (and from the occasional Ayakashi fansite I visit, even their target audience, that is older girls who like history sort of things, are a bit disappointed). And it can't resort to obvious fan-pandering otherwise that would screw up the show too, so...

I wonder if it might get cancelled... even if I don't awtch the show that would be a very serious blow to the production staff >_<

I don't suppose it's got that great a reception at 2ch either...
Old 2006-11-08, 23:15   Link #36
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
I don't know how Noitanima works so well, I don't think it even gets loads and loads of advertising, does it...? But all the better - great shows like Hataraki Man with an interesting and somewhat refreshing theme like that deserve the ratings .
Noitamina plums better source material. My entire argument behind the fact that more shoujo and josei needs to be animated is that there have to be more good mangas sitting out there waiting to be animated than shonen, there's no way the balance is accurate by percentage - unless for some inexplicable reason there are fewer good shoujo and josei mangas out there, something I would have a hard time believing.
My favorite part about Noitamina is we're on the sixth or seventh show and there hasn't been one set in high school yet, but then I'm shallow like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Somehow, I feel vibes from Nodame Cantabile's description that Noitamina (if ever it airs there) will produce another hit. It's a realistic love story, and from the way it's described, I can surely welcome an anime version of Last Life in the Universe.
Before I say anything, I'd just like to say that I'm a huge fan of Nodame Cantabille. I it. But in the interests of truth in advertising and to forestall expectations, Nodame is much more of a comedy (at least, the amount that's been released in the US which is what I've read) than a romance. And I believe it really only counts as realistic next to something like Jyu Oh Sei or Ayakashi Ayashi - expect no magic, giant monsters or robots, but expect lots of wacky situations and coincidences that only ever happen in anime. I guess in any anime that's the most I can hope for as far as realism is concerned.
All that said, I'm expecting it to be a pretty big hit if done well (upside of Honey and Clover or Nana), and considering the time slot there's no reason to expect it to be done poorly. Even Jyu Oh Sei managed to be average - and it's the worst show that's aired in the slot (by far, in my opinion - though obviously the jury is not completely in on Hataraki Man yet).
Old 2006-11-08, 23:52   Link #37
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Well, so far it is the worst show in that slot, IMO. Paradise Kiss just wasn't as accepted as H&C, but it was pretty good, judging from the viewers' comments. It just didn't end as most of them expected, though.

Last edited by physics223; 2006-11-09 at 01:25.
Old 2006-11-08, 23:55   Link #38
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Don't know if this belongs here, but just for interest, I happened to come across the top ten manga sales for September in Japan. Demonstrates the tie-ins between manga and anime, for sure. Also, I'd say the shoujo/josei titles in the list are pretty good material for anime, as rooboy666 suggests. I don't know if there are lots of others as good, but from what I've seen in Japanese bookstores in North America, there are definitely many, many other titles.

1 NANA 16
2 ONE PIECE 43
3 Honey & Clover 10
4 Ouran High School Host Club 9
5 Fruits Basket 21
6 Famous Detective Conan 55
7 Gintama 14
8 Tsubasa 16
9 Prince of Tennis 35
10 Angel Heart 20

http://www.shoten.co.jp/Nisho/conten...spMode=9000010

Yes, Jyu Oh Sei is the one Noitamina show that didn't work out quite as well as the others, but it had its moments. And I liked Paradise Kiss more than most people did, but it suffered a lot in comparison with Honey & Clover. The main relationship didn't work for me. But the ending was fine. By the way, they were actually high school students. It just was such a specialized high school it seemed like a college.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-11-09 at 01:13.
Old 2006-11-09, 01:27   Link #39
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I made a grammatical error. Sorry.

I meant viewers' instead of viewer's. I'm pretty sure there was more than one person watching that show.
Old 2006-11-09, 05:36   Link #40
Woland
Latin Rascal

Parakiss suffered a lot in comparison with the original manga (mostly because of poor direction and animation quality). For example Nana is on a total different level, and I enjoyed a lot watching first bunch of episodes (the series is now licensed in my country and soon will be broadcasted on MTV, in January... probably ) but I couldn't pass the ep 3 for PK (a painful experience )...
Of course the story is still here but the adaptation was just "heartless"

For Nodame I only read 2 volume but I liked them a lot... similar setting as H&C but totally different stile: a very good comedy with some incredible characters. and the same staff of H&C is working on it so I'm really confident