AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-03-07, 21:28   Link #1221
Marion
The Great Dine

I saw this wasn't in the grimoire for Episode 3, Chapter 7. You don't need to add it but when I was replaying the game I noticed this.

Spoiler for Fallen Tower:
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 21:32   Link #1222
GyroidFanatic

Yeah, it's the
Spoiler:
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 22:27   Link #1223
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
Yeah, it's the
Spoiler:
Spoiler for :
Old 2009-03-08, 08:10   Link #1224
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
@jan-poo Longer waits are fine, especially if it means we're getting more content. It's not as though we're talking about duke nukem forever XD
Lol Duke Nukem Forever XD, they should learn from Ryukishi. making such long novels every 6 months even with a high fever! °°;

@Marion: Wow i totally missed the Babel tower reference, but there's no doubt about it. However they never said what was the original language, maybe it was japanese! XD

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 10:42   Link #1225
MuzikalNotes
Amry-chan, mii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Lol Duke Nukem Forever XD, they should learn from Ryukishi. making such long novels every 6 months even with a high fever! °°;

@Marion: Wow i totally missed the Babel tower reference, but there's no doubt about it. However they never said what was the original language, maybe it was japanese! XD
Knowing Japan, they probably believe that...
MuzikalNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 16:31   Link #1226
Ankoku-chan

Send a message via Yahoo to Ankoku-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
Just received my copy of Episode 4 along with Higurashi.

Spoiler for pic:
Awesome! What's on the back of the Umineko box? Anything?
Ankoku-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 22:34   Link #1227
UnknownBeast

Found on the internets...

I can't get Umineko yet cause I can't get a credit card yet too..
UnknownBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 23:19   Link #1228
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

If you have a bank account, like a savings account you could use paypal.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 02:41   Link #1229
UnknownBeast

Not for the banks in my country sadly... :/

Quote:
90% towards 1st patch
:O

Time to set a certain page as homepage and set it on auto-reload.. >_<;
Old 2009-03-09, 03:28   Link #1230
777chris777

@unknown I assume it's in alot of countries now, but look for one of the following:

->Prepaid credit card (in my country you can buy these at post offices. Other countries may differ)
->Debit card (nowdays alot of banks seem to be offering these. Like a creidt card but attached to your bank account, and I don't believe there is many restrictions on obtaining one such as age/income etc - Just go ask at your local bank about them)
->Figure out how to pay by Check/Money order, assuming that they accept it for international orders (I'm not familiar with this option)

Theres probably other options I haven't thought of, but unless you live in some remote village in nigeria (unlikely, considering you're on the internet), it should be possible to buy. Knowing the available methods is the only difficulty. :P

If you want other methods I'm sure I could find them out, but if you have the choice, debit card is by far the best option.

Also yeah, the ep 4 patch is getting ever so close. Oh god am I looking forward to this XD

On a side note: kinda jealous of those higurashi disks orophin posted lol, might buy them in the future when my japanese is up to the required standard... Or sooner if I can't help myself, just for the collectability/awesomeness of them, lol.
777chris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 07:46   Link #1231
UnknownBeast

Thanks for the help. But for now, none of those will work for me

I already checked that PayPal doesn't accept the debit cards I own. And there's no such thing as prepaid credit cards and money order in my country.

Though actually, I had a way to buy it. Someone used to give a service to help people import stuff but they don't do that anymore. D:

I'd have to look for a similar service or look for someone that already has a PayPal.
I just need to make time to find this someone. >_<;
Old 2009-03-09, 14:08   Link #1232
777chris777

If paypal doesn't accept it you can still just use it like a credit card under the credit card payment option :P

Anyway, I'll look around for alternatives >.<
777chris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 14:12   Link #1233
Marion
The Great Dine

I have a question - when the partial patch comes in we need to replace the old patch for episode 4 we have completely, right? That includes erasing save data and the likes?
Old 2009-03-09, 14:14   Link #1234
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
I have a question - when the partial patch comes in we need to replace the old patch for episode 4 we have completely, right? That includes erasing save data and the likes?
Yes. For all intent and purpose, we recommend replacing the old patch with the new one (or a different folder name).
However, save data can be left alone: there is no need, especially when you are starting a new Episode.
Old 2009-03-09, 14:26   Link #1235
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Yes. For all intent and purpose, we recommend replacing the old patch with the new one (or a different folder name).
However, save data can be left alone: there is no need, especially when you are starting a new Episode.
True. That and you can always unlock the episode beforehand and then skip around to the part you want to go to.
Old 2009-03-09, 16:28   Link #1236
MuzikalNotes
Amry-chan, mii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
True. That and you can always unlock the episode beforehand and then skip around to the part you want to go to.
And anyways, no save data is recorded in the patch folder itself, so if you're still on Episode 3, you can always replace the old patch with the new patch and still be able to access your save data.

Though it's not recommended, seeing as how some people get really weird problems when they load an old save state.
MuzikalNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 18:07   Link #1237
chronotrig

Uh, let me just step in here and mention that no save files can be transferred over to the new patch this time because the game format has changed slightly.

This shouldn't be too big of a problem because you can instantly unlock the chapter select for all parts that have already been translated, but sorry for the inconvenience.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 22:51   Link #1238
Ankoku-chan

The music is doing weird things with my Ep. 4 patch. The BGMs skip (the best way to describe it.) And I have to log off/restart the computer to get it to stop, and even when it's stopped, it still makes odd skipping sounds behind the music.
Old 2009-03-12, 22:59   Link #1239
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankoku-chan View Post
The music is doing weird things with my Ep. 4 patch. The BGMs skip (the best way to describe it.) And I have to log off/restart the computer to get it to stop, and even when it's stopped, it still makes odd skipping sounds behind the music.
Try adding this into your patch folder, replacing the existing onscripter-en.exe file.
Make sure you move the dll file in there too.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 23:13   Link #1240
Ankoku-chan

It seems to be running smoothly now! Thank you, chronotrig^^ I'll tell you if I have any other problems.

Tags
translation