Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-16, 13:43   Link #781
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I knows there are a big list of marriage candidate
Quote:
Female

Aela the Huntress – Nord, farm outside Whiterun.
Aeri – Nord, Pale, inside her house.
Anwen – Redguard, Markarth Temple.
Avrusa Sarethi – Dark Elf, Sarethi Farm, Rift.
Borgahk the Steel Heart – Orc, Mor Khazgur.
Brelyna Maryon – Dark Elf, College of Winterhold.
Camilla Valerius – Imperial, Riverwood.
Dravynea the Stoneweaver – Dark Elf, Kyne’s Grove.
Ghorza gra-Bagol – Orc, Markarth.
Gilfre – Imperial, Mixwater Mill, Eastmarch.
Grelka – Nord, Riften.
Iona – Nord, Riften.
Jenassa – Dark Elf, Drunken Huntsman, Whiterun.
Jordis the Sword-Maiden – Nord, Proudspire Manor, Solitude.
Lydia – Nord, Dragonsreach, Whiterun.
Mjoll the Lioness – Nord, her house, Riften.
Muiri – Breton, The Hag’s Cure, Markarth.
Njada Stonearm – Nord, The Companions Guild house, Whiterun.
Orla – Nord, Temple of Dibella, Markarth.
Ria – Imperial, The Companion’s Guild House, Whiterun.
Senna – Imperial, Temple of Dibella, Markarth.
Shahvee – Argonian, outside Windhelm.
Sylgja – Nord, Shor’s Stone.
Taarie – High Elf, Solitude.
Temba Wide-Arm – Nord, Ivarstead.
Uthgerd – Nord, her house, Whiterun.
Viola Giordano – Imperial, Windhelm, Eastmarch.
Ysolda – Nord, Whiterun.
Any recommendations on who to pick? Prefer Nord or Imperial through

Only know Lydia, and the few in Whiterun. Better to pick someone other than Lydia because then we will have a harem, right?
Old 2011-11-16, 13:53   Link #782
Irkalla
I asked for this

Is it okay to butcher Imperials in the camps scattered around the map? They always get hostile when I pass them. :/
Old 2011-11-16, 14:04   Link #783
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post

Only know Lydia, and the few in Whiterun. Better to pick someone other than Lydia because then we will have a harem, right?
Personally, I would pick Muiri, Lydia or Camillia in that order. Muiri's Breton but she's got a good personality (except for her personal quest) and looks far better than most NPCs.
Pragmatically speaking (which no one cares for), shop owners bring you a steady source of income, even if the amount you get daily sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkalla View Post
Is it okay to butcher Imperials in the camps scattered around the map? They always get hostile when I pass them. :/
DO IT.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 14:20   Link #784
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
30x sneak? I thought it was only 15x.

But the sneak tree is so overpowered, at least the right side. I mean 3x bow, and 15x dagger. You can just pick enemies out like nothing before they even notice. And yea you should get 1handed at least the first perk. all 5 points will make your dagger 100% stronger. Thus a 28 damage dagger, which is insane.

Also is that mehrune's razor smithed up? or can you smith it to be even stronger, cause if it is already smithed, 14 isn't that strong. Hell I think i can get my steel dagger to like 12 already and i'm not maxed out in smithing.
So? The dagger has a chance of instakill meaning it's useful if you can sneak up on bosses as those will never die from one hit anyway. I don't think you can smith it, because it can't be enchanted either as quest rewards usually can't be. 14 damage is still good, if you consider that the highest I've seen is 11 from Glass Dagger. 14 is still better than your 12 :P. And it's 30x when you get 2x gloves from the DB quests.

And just so you know, the dagger wasn't really easy to get. The last piece had warriors in Elven Armors who took like 10% of their total hp from 15x sneak attack ..
Old 2011-11-16, 14:21   Link #785
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethice View Post
Does Bound Sword's damage scale to your conjuration? Because I'm using it with 16 conjuration right now and it seems -really- weak...
Nope. The weapons do not scale with conjuration at all. With the bound weapon perk (doubles its damage I think) it becomes equivalent to a daedra-class weapon (without any smithing upgrade ofc). if you have no plans to break the balance of the game by going down the BSing route early (as it is very very overpowered if combined with +smithing enchants and potions), bound weapon grants you some pretty good damaging weapons early on in the game.

You can check the damage of you bound weapon by trying to "replace" it with a real weapon in the item menu.

Quote:
Is Lydia a jealous tsundere? She keeps promise staying along side me fore the rest of her life, but will rather stay at home complaining how i already have someone else to go with (when i have to do my quest)
There is a very small quest in Whiterun where this Battleborn kid in their house complains about getting bullied by a girl. The girl claims that she wouldn't have to bully the boy all the time if he would just kiss her... True tsundere imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Does an item's damage/defense value increase with your level??
I mean I am using an frost enchanted nord sword (with no charges) nearly 90 % of the time. But it's better than any other weapons I find?

Also how do I recharge enchanted items?

And if my skill that I don't have any perks in increases( like lockpicking in my case, but I don't invest any perks) does anything change in me using this skill?

PS
And I passed my military training exam without learning anything(I was playing Skyrim the day before), did all homework and now can continue playing !!!

They do not increase with level but increases with your perks (+weapon damage at rank 1). Not sure if they scale with the actual skill level (x/100): there are some +armor skill enchants so I guess armor scales with your skill. Weapons not too sure about.

Magic in particular I believe do not scale with your skill level at all. This is why I gave up playing a mage on Master difficulty: I go out of magicka before I can even kill some of the more durable mobs and boss fights are essentially determined by whether or not I have bought enough potions.

After I gave up on my mage I made a tri-spec funter: focusing on Archery, Sneak, and Conjuration. I got pretty lucky in finding a lot of +Archery damage items in stores early on. I also stole an elven bow somewhere in Whiterun (I think champion hall) which last me for a long time.

Sneaking around with a bow grants a tactical shooter feel where I just snipe off enemies one at a time (or weaken them and hide in a dark place). Conjuration grants me a) a bound bow at skill 40, b) the fire elemental summon for when I need a tank and extra support.

The bound bow disappears if I want to resummon the fire elemental and may disappear mid-fight. This is somewhat annoying .
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 15:07   Link #786
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

It sucks, I really wanted to marry Vex
Old 2011-11-16, 15:11   Link #787
Aqua Knight

After progressing a lot in Dark Brootherhood,
Spoiler for Dark b-hood spoiler:

I went to Falkreath to pay my fine
After chatting with a guard and paying my fine, the next thing he says to me is " I know who you are. Hail Sithis!"

I was like wtf,lol. Anyways very nice game, playing even on low-medi graph is still awesome.
Old 2011-11-16, 15:14   Link #788
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
How do you even restore it <.<. I killed all my friends in Winterhold College but nothing happened to the blade <.<
Kill followers. All the people you can take with you.
Mephala will comment on this and after you have killed enough she tells you that her blade is restored.

Hm... talking about a deadra artifacts. Is Goldbrand in the game? i heard Umbra was destroyed in lore so I was wondering.

Also, what side did you guys take in the civil war? I'm still neutral so I wanted to hear your toughts about the sides.
Old 2011-11-16, 15:16   Link #789
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:

Pfft. Lydia is MY bodyguard. I don't need any other cover. >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkalla View Post
Not really a question on whether or not you should as much as it how you should go about it.

Use assassinations. And poke fun of the AI while you're at it. "Half the camp is death hur hur should we split up or watch each other's back? Hur hur derp let's split up. Cover moar ground hurr."

Assuming you're still using that hot nord lass. I for one enjoyed it, even if it was bugger annoying on how long it took to sneak around and slit throats.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 16:18   Link #790
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
After progressing a lot in Dark Brootherhood,
Spoiler for Dark b-hood spoiler:

I went to Falkreath to pay my fine
After chatting with a guard and paying my fine, the next thing he says to me is " I know who you are. Hail Sithis!"

I was like wtf,lol. Anyways very nice game, playing even on low-medi graph is still awesome.
LoL. I'm a heavy armor user with a 2-h sword, and for everyone of the DB quests, I just slaughtered people without a hint of stealth/deceit/etc right out in the open in broad daylight. Immediatly swarmed by guards, then sheathed weapons and paid the 1k-1.5k fine. Went on my merry way.

The most hilarious one was the wedding massacre. It went like:

Target: "blah blah blah, blah blah blah"
Me: "Gawd, you talk too much. Eat sword."
Guards: "Die!"
Me: "Guys, I put my sword away and feel really bad about what I just did, kay?"
Guards: "Pay us 1.5k!"
Me: "Considering you guys only carry like 5 gold on you, don't you think 1.5k is a bit steep for extortion? But, oh alright. It's not like there's anything else to spend my 50k on."
DB Member pops up: "Hey, I thought you might need help. Run!"
Me: "..."
DB Member proceeds to attack guards.
Me:

That whole chain of events taking about 5 seconds.

Spoiler for Spoiler for end of DB quests:

Anyways, I'm not sure how level scaling works exactly, but I'm now level 36 and have been level 36 for hours and hours, and frankly...nearly everything dies in 1-2 hits. I'm not sure what the crit multiplier is, but crit damage seems to be a hell of a lot more than a 2x multiplier, as I'll do a normal hit to mob X that seems tough as it only looses a sliver of hp, then crit with my next swing and it'll be almost dead.

I think I have most, if not all of the map uncovered by now, and leveling has become a huge pain as it requires me to use skills I simply wouldn't normally use. Have yet to do the main quest beyond visiting the old men on the mountain.

Now, I don't have the Prima guide, so I'm sure I've missed some real quests (as opposed to the infinitely randomly generated ones like the Companion's go kill X in village Y quests). But, I'm guessing, not many. Done all the 'guild' type quests (that aren't randomly generated). Become Thane in most of the cities/outposts. Presumably talked to every NPC in each of the cities/towns. Delved into nearly every single hotspot on the map, and since I walk everywhere, uncovering anything that shows on my compass, I'm guessing I've uncovered nearly every hotspot.

Short of doing all the repetitive randomly generated quests that are infinite in nature, I'm thinking I'm done. :/ Maybe I'll finish the main quest tomorrow.

Oh, and my Skyward Steel Greatsword is still the highest damage 2-h weapon I have. I've found a few 2-h maces that had more damage, but maces are stupidly slow and boring. I have now been using the same weapon for 30 levels.

In the end, I'm not sure how I'd rate the game. It's a solid Elder Scrolls game, though I thought it had less depth than the previous games, especially the Guilds (for perspective, from a depth angle, I'd go Morrowind -> Oblivion -> Skyrim). Story was never an Elder Scroll's strong point, but lore was, and there's tons of lore to be had if one wishes to read.

If I had one disappointment, it's that combat wasn't vamped up much, with melee combat being particularly nearly untouched. At level 6, I was doing the same thing with the same weapon that I am doing at level 36, except my sweeping power attacks now kill multiple people. It's possible I'd have a different opinion if I enjoyed wearing potato sacks while spewing brightly colored lights out of my various appendages or shooting sticks at people, as those things seemed to have gotten real upgrades.

It's also unfortunate that there seems to only be like four voice actors in the game, and after the many hours spent, the same voice acting over the very large range of characters does get really monotonous.

Still, the game offers a ton of dungeon crawling, and I'm sure in a year or two it'll have the type of mod density Oblivion has, and I'll find a whole slew of new things to do in the game. Hopefully, a Deadly Reflexes type combat revamp will also be available by then.

And, the game looks good. Yes, I'm using some mods for graphical improvements. Yes, nothing seems to truly fix the blocky shadows. Yes, there are still some revoltingly ugly people in the game, but not EVERYONE is revolting ugly. That's high praise for a Beth game.

Overall, I'd give it a solid 8/10, which is probably higher than I should, since I'm actually more of a story-driven RPG enthusiast than a sandbox-driven RPG enthusiast, but I'd prefer giving an overly positive rating than an overly negative one. For perspective on how I've viewed this year's PC RPGs so far, I gave the Witcher 2 a 9/10, Dragon Age 2 a 5/10, and Deus Ex: HR a 9/10.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 16:44   Link #791
Aqua Knight

Only completed Dark bhood and think that it's story/quests weren't that great even compared to Oblivion. And for its final quest, I thought it would be something more grand, like do the kill without any notice etc.
Old 2011-11-16, 17:46   Link #792
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
So? The dagger has a chance of instakill meaning it's useful if you can sneak up on bosses as those will never die from one hit anyway. I don't think you can smith it, because it can't be enchanted either as quest rewards usually can't be. 14 damage is still good, if you consider that the highest I've seen is 11 from Glass Dagger. 14 is still better than your 12 :P. And it's 30x when you get 2x gloves from the DB quests.

And just so you know, the dagger wasn't really easy to get. The last piece had warriors in Elven Armors who took like 10% of their total hp from 15x sneak attack ..
You should really get one handed perks. I just leveled mine up to 60% one hand damage and my steel dagger now does 15 damage.

You sure you can't smith it? I assume since its got instakill that, that is considered an enchantment, so maybe get that smithing skill that lets you upgrade enchanted armor/weapons. Also if you get all the enchantment perks you should be able to give items TWO enchantments, thus maybe then you can add another.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 21:26   Link #793
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Oh god , i found my summon ! Demora ftw ! I'll use it when i'll be in trouble without stealth.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 21:42   Link #794
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Does this game have gay romance like Dragon Age II? It is a yuri thing. I want to create yuri couples.
Old 2011-11-16, 21:53   Link #795
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

^ Does this answer your question?

Old 2011-11-16, 22:16   Link #796
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

So Skyrim is 'a blue state'?
Old 2011-11-16, 23:50   Link #797
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:

What if your character is female?
Old 2011-11-17, 00:08   Link #798
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I just asked someone that and the answer turns out that there is gay romance and gay marriage in Skyrim.
Old 2011-11-17, 00:14   Link #799
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

There are no restrictions on race or gender in regards to marriage. So you can marry whomever, or whatever, you want (within a list of 60 or so people).

You could be a male breton married to a female argonian, or a female khajit married to a female imperial, or a male nord married to a male redguard. You just need to do the little quest from the temple of mara in riften. Although I have heard of it bugging out occasionally.

List and guide.
Old 2011-11-17, 00:45   Link #800
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
You should really get one handed perks. I just leveled mine up to 60% one hand damage and my steel dagger now does 15 damage.

You sure you can't smith it? I assume since its got instakill that, that is considered an enchantment, so maybe get that smithing skill that lets you upgrade enchanted armor/weapons. Also if you get all the enchantment perks you should be able to give items TWO enchantments, thus maybe then you can add another.
It can't be disenchanted though so I'm not sure if it counts as an enchantment...

There's too many perks I want, though.. D:. It takes five points for the 1H tree, and I need to put points into Destruction and Conjuration, as well as enchanting and get the Arcane Smithing from Smithing tree. With perks already in Sneak and Archery and Restoration, there's simply not enough of them u.u

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim