AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-06, 22:04   Link #11321
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Your imagination scares me sometimes....
"Nee-sama! No fair, I'm his fiancee, get away from Koichi-kun!"

"Fufu, dame~~"

".....*sigh*"

Old 2014-03-06, 22:04   Link #11322
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
Better mark March 10 on my calendar.
Due to the time zone difference, it'll be up by March 9. At least where I am.
Old 2014-03-06, 22:08   Link #11323
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
For Pampz. I have a couple of Erika ideas...which depending on how you see things you may or may not like:

1) Erika will stand as Tatsuya's equal in the end...but as his eternal nemesis. I don't know, but keeping up with the rpg ideas the story seems to subtly incorporate, Erika might just be the "yuusha" who stands up against the "maou" that is Tatsuya. I mean she's got the background and personality, I think it's a possible direction for her. Maybe one day Tatsuya will do something that offends her sensibilities? Or maybe one day she'll come to see Tatsuya as a threat that must be put down--regardless of her feelings for him?

2)Erika being the Durga parallel. I still subscribe to the Miyuki being the greater Shakti idea and I believe she's also analogous to Durga as well as Parvati, but since Kali has her own character in Lina , maybe Durga will get her own? Or maybe she already has one...in Erika. I mean Erika's a badass swordslady...Durga's a warrior goddess. (Though aside from that I have little to connect them to each other) If she is Durga, then she has just as much of a chance of ending up with Tatsuya as Miyuki or Lina...or ending up in a kind of harem set-up, with her and Lina simply deferring to Miyuki as wife #1.

But again, this is all just speculation and fanciful ideas. I'm still cheering for the Only Miyuki End.
1) Well thats a possibilities but; Iam pretty sure it will end up as Maoyu;Tatsuya-kun become mine=Erika;I refused=Miyuki.

2) Well I think Kali is much better fits for her if you think about scenario one.

Well good luck with that; may the best girl win

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-03-06, 22:22   Link #11324
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Just a thought^^ I know it's far fetched, but sometimes I imagine the three of them by Elder Kudou's place as kids and acting all friendly and cute. Maybe, rather than tragic harem "aborted" harem would be the better term to describe this idea?

For Pampz. I have a couple of Erika ideas...which depending on how you see things you may or may not like:

1) Erika will stand as Tatsuya's equal in the end...but as his eternal nemesis. I don't know, but keeping up with the rpg ideas the story seems to subtly incorporate, Erika might just be the "yuusha" who stands up against the "maou" that is Tatsuya. I mean she's got the background and personality, I think it's a possible direction for her. Maybe one day Tatsuya will do something that offends her sensibilities? Or maybe one day she'll come to see Tatsuya as a threat that must be put down--regardless of her feelings for him?

2)Erika being the Durga parallel. I still subscribe to the Miyuki being the greater Shakti idea and I believe she's also analogous to Durga as well as Parvati, but since Kali has her own character in Lina , maybe Durga will get her own? Or maybe she already has one...in Erika. I mean Erika's a badass swordslady...Durga's a warrior goddess. (Though aside from that I have little to connect them to each other) If she is Durga, then she has just as much of a chance of ending up with Tatsuya as Miyuki or Lina...or ending up in a kind of harem set-up, with her and Lina simply deferring to Miyuki as wife #1.

But again, this is all just speculation and fanciful ideas. I'm still cheering for the Only Miyuki End.
Okay, completely separate from all shipping (Mayumi ftw!!) but how exactly could Erica ever stand as Tatsuya's equal? I doubt she could even beat Miyuki (though that's a bit unfair since Miyuki's magic is a perfect counter for Erica's) and Miyuki can't touch Tatsuya.
Old 2014-03-06, 22:26   Link #11325
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Yeah.. While I am curious as to what the relationship used to be, I never once considered that.
Quote:
"Nee-sama! No fair, I'm his fiancee, get away from Koichi-kun!"

"Fufu, dame~~"

".....*sigh*"

Quote:
You may not know it, but I'm judging you. My face has judgement alll over it.
Oh what? I get judged but his statement doesn't? No fair...
Old 2014-03-06, 22:33   Link #11326
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC1994 View Post
Oh what? I get judged but his statement doesn't? No fair...
I was judging silently.

I mean, what do you say to that.

I've been judging pamperz most of all though.
Old 2014-03-06, 23:21   Link #11327
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
I was judging silently.

I mean, what do you say to that.

I've been judging pamperz most of all though.
I think we all have...
Old 2014-03-07, 00:16   Link #11328
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Okay, completely separate from all shipping (Mayumi ftw!!) but how exactly could Erica ever stand as Tatsuya's equal? I doubt she could even beat Miyuki (though that's a bit unfair since Miyuki's magic is a perfect counter for Erica's) and Miyuki can't touch Tatsuya.
She can't. But if her being the "hero" to Tatsuya's "Demon King" gives the Erika shippers more hope...that's good for them...

...and me...because it will make the glorious victory of the Miyuki Empire that much sweeter.
Old 2014-03-07, 00:19   Link #11329
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
She can't. But if her being the "hero" to Tatsuya's "Demon King" gives the Erika shippers more hope...that's good for them...

...and me...because it will make the glorious victory of the Miyuki Empire that much sweeter.
"The thousand nations of the Miyuki empire will descend upon you."

Should be the tag line of all Miyuki fans.
Old 2014-03-07, 00:50   Link #11330
fujin of shadows

Quote:
I'm a Miyuki fan but when it comes to combat, it always a rock-paper-scissor situation....

A battle between Miyuki and Erika is a battle of distance and positioning.

At close range, Erika would win

At long range, Miyuki would win

When it comes to brute power and experience, the advantage goes to Miyuki

When it comes to fighting skills and physical ability, the advantage goes to Erika

Again, in a fight, it is all about positioning and distance.
Old 2014-03-07, 01:04   Link #11331
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
I'm a Miyuki fan but when it comes to combat, it always a rock-paper-scissor situation....

A battle between Miyuki and Erika is a battle of distance and positioning.

At close range, Erika would win

At long range, Miyuki would win

When it comes to brute power and experience, the advantage goes to Miyuki

When it comes to fighting skills and physical ability, the advantage goes to Erika

Again, in a fight, it is all about positioning and distance.
Actually, I'm not so sure about that. First of all, Coctyus would instakill, and it activates instantly. Erica has no defense against this, so putting this in play ends the discussion right her.

But ignoring that (while still giving Erica her gravity guillotine sword) I still think compatibility is too far against Erica. Miyuki doesn't have to move to activate her magic, and she specializes in (insert name of magic system that involves stopping movement her) which is why she's so good at Freezing Magic. So she could just stop Erica in place, canceling her magic (and probably killing her with the inertia if the skill had already activated)

Also, if Erica is close enough to use other forms of magic, she's inside Miyuki's Zone Interference. And I guarantee she won't be punching through that. While Erica could just throw her around with Move-system magic.

To be honest, once you analyse their individual abilities, Miyuki almost seems written as Erika's worst possible opponent. Or Erika written as being unable to beat Miyuki.
Old 2014-03-07, 01:10   Link #11332
Echizen777

If Tatsuya and Erika are fighting with pure martial skills, Tatsuya would win fairly easily IMO. I mean, he has the level of his master and we know Naotsugu is the strongest swordsman in the world and is in in the top 10 in martial arts.

Naotsugu, Lu Gonghu, Tatsuya, Kokonoe and Mari are the strongest( I would want her to fight Erika one day).

I don't see Erika beating Miyuki either. Being from the 10MC is just an huge advantage, they are on another level, she is better at long range but even at close range Erika would not be able to achieve her, remember Miyuki received some ninjutsu training too, Lina is better at close range too but her Muspelheim was powerful enough to clash with Miyuki for a long time. Miyuki would just cast a spell blindingly fast and freeze her.

The Shiba siblings are on another level compared to their classmates and I believe Mikihiko is the 3rd strongest.
Miyuki VS Mayumi would be more interesting.
Old 2014-03-07, 01:18   Link #11333
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
If Tatsuya and Erika are fighting with pure martial skills, Tatsuya would win fairly easily IMO. I mean, he has the level of his master and we know Naotsugu is the strongest swordsman in the world and is in in the top 10 in martial arts.

Naotsugu, Lu Gonghu, Tatsuya, Kokonoe and Mari are the strongest( I would want her to fight Erika one day).

I don't see Erika beating Miyuki either. Being from the 10MC is just an huge advantage, they are on another level, she is better at long range but even at close range Erika would not be able to achieve her, remember Miyuki received some ninjutsu training too, Lina is better at close range too but her Muspelheim was powerful enough to clash with Miyuki for a long time. Miyuki would just cast a spell blindingly fast and freeze her.

The Shiba siblings are on another level compared to their classmates and I believe Mikihiko is the 3rd strongest.
Miyuki vs Mayumi is basically an artillery (Miyuki) vs a sniper (Mayumi).

Miyuki needs to prevent Mayumi getting far from her while Mayumi needs to stray away from Miyuki Area of Attack(which is vast)
Old 2014-03-07, 02:46   Link #11334
anonfr

Quote:

I dont disagree with your other points but it's already been stated that in pure martial arts Erika is better than Mari. In magical Martial Arts, maybe not so much. But take magic out of it, Mari loses.
Old 2014-03-07, 03:25   Link #11335
hakazee

Quote:
Don't forget Kazama and Yanagi too. ( Without Trident, Tatsuya can't win againts them ).
Old 2014-03-07, 03:40   Link #11336
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
Don't forget Kazama and Yanagi too. ( Without Trident, Tatsuya can't win againts them ).
In pure Martial Arts? Cause that's what he's talking about. Trident has no place if it's pure Martial Arts
Old 2014-03-07, 03:49   Link #11337
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Actually, I'm not so sure about that. First of all, Coctyus would instakill, and it activates instantly. Erica has no defense against this, so putting this in play ends the discussion right her.

But ignoring that (while still giving Erica her gravity guillotine sword) I still think compatibility is too far against Erica. Miyuki doesn't have to move to activate her magic, and she specializes in (insert name of magic system that involves stopping movement her) which is why she's so good at Freezing Magic. So she could just stop Erica in place, canceling her magic (and probably killing her with the inertia if the skill had already activated)

Also, if Erica is close enough to use other forms of magic, she's inside Miyuki's Zone Interference. And I guarantee she won't be punching through that. While Erica could just throw her around with Move-system magic.

To be honest, once you analyse their individual abilities, Miyuki almost seems written as Erika's worst possible opponent. Or Erika written as being unable to beat Miyuki.
Quote:

You guys are really underestimating Erika; you may say cocytus is OP but it is still a target base attack. You cant attack what you can see; against Miyuki; Erika can win 7-3 matches and that is considering if Miyuki can run away from Erika; Miyuki can win against Erika using wide range magic but there is a risk that Miyuki may be caught by her own magic if she ever uses it. If you still doubt what i say read Lina vs Erika; Lina speed is much faster than Miyuki; distracted as she maybe; she is still a soldier, she can kill her emotion in a fight. With Lina using every kind of magic she has except for her strategic class magic; while Erika was only using physical abilities and swordplay; she only use magic almost at the end of the fight when she goes for the kill.

Tatsuya already had a hard time against Tomitsuka in martial arts and magic and you think Tatsuya would still win against Erika in pure martial arts?

If you think Mari/Miki is much stronger than Erika you are dead wrong. Mari is already a third year and she studied magic at a young age; same goes for Miki. While Erika only use move type magic and swordplay as her arsenal and she is already far stronger than those two. Magic battle with no physical contact they will win against Erika no doubt. But in combat Erika would eat magicians for breakfast. She's one of those type of anti-magician.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-03-07 at 04:13.
Old 2014-03-07, 03:59   Link #11338
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
You guys are really underestimating Erika; you may say cocytus is OP but it is still a target base attack. You cant attack what you can see; against Miyuki; Erika can win 7-3 matches and that is considering if Miyuki can run away from Erika; Miyuki can win against Erika using wide range magic but there is a risk that Miyuki may be caught by her own magic if she ever uses it. If you still doubt what i say read Lina vs Erika; Lina speed is much faster than Miyuki; distracted as she maybe; she is still a soldier, she can kill her emotion in a fight. With Lina using every kind of magic she has except for her strategic class magic; while Erika was only using physical abilities and swordplay; she only use magic almost at the end of the fight when she goes for the kill.

Tatsuya already had a hard time against Tomitsuka in martial arts and magic and you think Tatsuya would still win against Erika in pure martial arts?

If you think Mari/Miki is much stronger than Erika you are dead wrong. Mari is already a third year and she studied magic at a young age; same goes for Miki. While Erika only use move type magic and swordplay as her arsenal and she is already far stronger than those two. Magic battle with physical contact they will win against Erika no doubt. But in combat Erika would eat magicians for breakfast. She's one of those type of anti-magician.
And there it is.

I'm still judging.
Old 2014-03-07, 04:06   Link #11339
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post

If you think Mari/Miki is much stronger than Erika you are dead wrong. Mari is already a third year and she studied magic at a young age; same goes for Miki. While Erika only use move type magic and swordplay as her arsenal and she is already far stronger than those two. Magic battle with physical contact they will win against Erika no doubt. But in combat Erika would eat magicians for breakfast. She's one of those type of anti-magician.
Your example involves Miyuki or anyone else standing still but no matter what Erika is infantry and the best way to deal with infantry is to fly out of her range and start bombarding her. Before, they introduced flight type magic maybe she could win but until I see Erika training in how to fight with swords while flying, I'm going to bet on the people who can just fly away and then carpet bomb her
Old 2014-03-07, 04:17   Link #11340
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
Your example involves Miyuki or anyone else standing still but no matter what Erika is infantry and the best way to deal with infantry is to fly out of her range and start bombarding her. Before, they introduced flight type magic maybe she could win but until I see Erika training in how to fight with swords while flying, I'm going to bet on the people who can just fly away and then carpet bomb her
Erika basically needs the terrain to be in her favor.

If both sides are starting on the ground then it's not unreasonable to give Erika a decent chance. Miyuki is definitely one of the worst matchups for her though. Even if Miyuki was standing still and ignoring effective instant kill attacks, something like Deceleration Zone alone coming from Miyuki would screw over Erika completely.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings