AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite CLANNAD character(s)
Okazaki Tomoya 208 49.76%
Okazaki Nagisa 197 47.13%
Okazaki Ushio 168 40.19%
Furukawa Sanae 95 22.73%
Furukawa Akio 165 39.47%
Fujibayashi Kyou 177 42.34%
Fujibayashi Ryou 33 7.89%
Sakagami Tomoyo 167 39.95%
Ichinose Kotomi 132 31.58%
Ibuki Fuuko 92 22.01%
Miyazawa Yukine 42 10.05%
Sunohara Youhei 106 25.36%
Sunohara Mei 66 15.79%
Okazaki Naoyuki 15 3.59%
Yoshino Yuusuke 57 13.64%
Yoshino Kouko 17 4.07%
Sagara Misae 51 12.20%
Shima Katsuki 40 9.57%
Nishina Rie 17 4.07%
Botan 60 14.35%
Others 10 2.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 418. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-15, 06:51   Link #41
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Well I limited my choices to five only, because it won't be "favorite" characters if we vote everyone equally.
Spoiler for Okazaki Tomoya:

Spoiler for Sunohara:

Spoiler for Akio :

Spoiler for Tomoyo:

Spoiler for Ushio:
Old 2009-04-15, 14:18   Link #42
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Well I limited my choices to five only, because it won't be "favorite" characters if we vote everyone equally.
Spoiler for Okazaki Tomoya:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Nagisa agree to do it in the hospital rather than at home after they found out how dangerous it would be to have the delivery? Initially Nagisa did want to have a home delivery but in the end they decided it was better to do it in the hospital since it would decrease the risk. They couldn't go to the hospital since they were snowed in because of the blizzard.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Last edited by DeX-kun; 2009-04-15 at 15:01.
Old 2009-04-15, 14:32   Link #43
Sidestep
Bumpy jumpy~!
*Graphic Designer

Yeah, they were planning to go to the hospital, but she went into labor 2 weeks early and were snowed in.
Old 2009-04-15, 14:35   Link #44
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Not to mention, they were desperately trying to get medical assistance from the hospital, but it was too late, because the snow hindered every possible mode of transportation.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-04-15, 14:50   Link #45
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I somehow recall they were in a hospital in the Movie...the results didn't change.
Old 2009-04-15, 15:02   Link #46
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Nagisa agree to do it in the hospital rather than at home after they found out how dangerous it would be to have the delivery? Initially Nagisa did want to have a home delivery but in the end they decided it was better to do it in the hospital since it would decrease the risk. They couldn't go to the hospital because they were snowed in because of the blizzard.
Spoiler for offtopic:

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-04-15 at 15:21.
Old 2009-04-15, 15:05   Link #47
qwertyuiopz

ryou got owned

i picked yuusuke

edit: OOOMG ITS A MULTIPLE VOTE :@:@ I DIDNT SEE
Old 2009-04-15, 15:15   Link #48
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Spoiler for offtopic:
Errr, no just no.
1) She didn't feel it was cool or anything like this
2) the general idea is that home delivery was even more positive for her than actually in hospital.
3) Do you realize the risks just to MOVE the mother while she is nearly in stage of delivery? Akio running with chibi Nagisa is NOTHING compared to dragging Nagisa to hospital while there is a blizzard
4) again, we discussed in the thread already, but you CANNOT hospitalize anyone unless the situation is urgent (aka NOW, not a RISK, but NOW). Even 1 week is way too much, you can't book an hospital as if it was an hotel. And the delivery happening 2 weeks before the term is not something you can control at all. There is absolutely no way to prevent this event at all, be it fiction or IRL wise.

Considering everything factored, moving Nagisa would have been much more dangerous for her and Ushio than performing the delivery at home. That is not a speculation but a FACT.
Old 2009-04-15, 15:17   Link #49
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Not to mention she was ill about the whole last or 2 month of the pregnancy, they should have transferred her in the hospital then. Or they didn't expected the snow to fall in winter?
I argued the same point back during ep 16. The concensus of the avalanche of people that argued back at me was mainly condensed in 3 points:

- Who would pay for the hospital bills? Japan's social security system is similar in level to that of the USA's. AKA dismal.
- No hospital will reserve a bed for you for a whole two months just because of pregnancy and if there isn't any imminent danger. Even 1st world countries don't have that luxury.
- Hospitals are not miraculous anyway

I was convinced half because I saw that their points were right on mark, half because there were 30 people saying the same thing and it had an hypnotic effect
Old 2009-04-15, 15:39   Link #50
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Well I dunno guys, In that case they should have booked the private clinic in the neighbouring town, surely it'd worthwhile just to be safe and secure. She was ill in the last 1-2 month, surely they could have expected the worse to happen (ergo snow falling down).
I don't know how people do it in Japan but we in Europe try to think on every possible scenario on such important times like giving birth, however I felt that Tomoya was lacking that mentality and the result was quite bad as one can see.

No I didn't meant to even imply they should have gone on foot to the hospital. What I tried to say is, if the distance is close enough to run down on foot (as Akio did), I believe it would have worked to drive down there provided they leave early enough. Even in a blizzard it would have taken about 20-30 minutes.

edit: Well it's a futile debate anway, in the Movie they gave birth in the Hospital with the same bad result. I just felt like Tomoya should have thought other solutions regarding the possibilities.
Old 2009-04-15, 15:49   Link #51
DeX-kun

Quote:
Well I dunno guys, In that case they should have booked the private clinic in the neighbouring town, surely it'd worthwhile just to be safe and secure. She was ill in the last 1-2 month, surely they could have expected the snow to fall down.
I don't know how people do it in Japan but we in Europe try to think on every possible scenario on such important times like giving birth, however I felt that Tomoya was lacking that mentality and the result was quite bad as one can see.

No I didn't meant to even imply they should have gone on foot to the hospital. What I tried to say is, if the distance is close enough to run down on foot (as Akio did), I believe it would have worked to drive down there provided they leave early enough. Even in a blizzard it would have taken about 20-30 minutes.
See the problem with your statements are that you're anticipating too much. I can't imagine that people would be able to come up with so many back up plans and to top it all off, be able to predict that Nagisa would go into labor 2 weeks in advance and come down with a fever at the same time. There are things that we can't control in life and it's as simple as that, Tomoya suffered through the whole situation and I don't believe that he lacked the "mentality" as you so gently put it. Tomoya did everything he could for Nagisa and he felt her pain, I can't put any blame on him for anything except maybe taking Ushio out while she had a fever and even then he was caught up in the situation because he couldn't grant a single wish for his only daughter.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-04-15, 15:53   Link #52
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
- Who would pay for the hospital bills? Japan's social security system is similar in level to that of the USA's. AKA dismal.
People bitch about social security no matter how well or how bad it is managed. Its just human nature. Although based on personal experience, I can tell you Japanese social services are much better organized and managed than their US counterpart.

Although recent political ventures of the Diet is hardly a testimony to proper social services...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
See the problem with your statements are that you're anticipating too much. I can't imagine that people would be able to come up with so many back up plans and to top it all off, be able to predict that Nagisa would go into labor 2 weeks in advance and come down with a fever at the same time. There are things that we can't control in life and it's as simple as that, Tomoya suffered through the whole situation and I don't believe that he lacked the "mentality" as you so gently put it. Tomoya did everything he could for Nagisa and he felt her pain, I can't put any blame on him for anything except maybe taking Ushio out while she had a fever and even then he was caught up in the situation because he couldn't grant a single wish for his only daughter.
Somehow this all felt like deja vu. Where the hell is justavisitor? This discussion would be perfect for that guy.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-04-15, 15:55   Link #53
Nerroth
NePoi!

While there are a lot of great characters in the mix, if asked for my favourite of them all...

...it simply has to be Sakagami-dono.

Even without a Tomoyo After route, I'd bet on her managing to find a wonderful life, one way or another!
Old 2009-04-15, 15:55   Link #54
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the hospital unfinished at the time of Ushio's delivery?
Old 2009-04-15, 15:57   Link #55
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Somehow this all felt like deja vu. Where the hell is justavisitor? This discussion would be perfect for that guy.

- Tak
Deja Vu? How so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the hospital unfinished at the time of Ushio's delivery?
Now that I think of it, you're actually right. This had completely evaded my mind. That hospital was still under construction while Nagisa was still alive and we only saw that it was completed during Ushio's arc. This feels kind of ironic now considering Tomoya had hated the changes that were being made to the town, and of all times he must have been wishing that hospital was built already.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-04-15, 15:59   Link #56
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
...it simply has to be Sakagami-dono.

Even without a Tomoyo After route, I'd bet on her managing to find a wonderful life, one way or another!
You are now my new best friend.

Quote:
Deja Vu? How so?
Oh please, need I remind you just how many bullets were spent on medical topics in Macross Frontier?

- Tak

Old 2009-04-15, 16:04   Link #57
DeX-kun

Quote:
Oh please, need I remind you just how many bullets were spent on medical topics in Macross Frontier?

- Tak
How could I forget space aids? XD You know I'm just kidding though. Yeah but this time around, Tomoya is one of those admirable male leads that I appreciate. Most of his decisions and actions call upon praise more than anything in my opinion

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-04-15, 16:04   Link #58
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
No it is already opened by then. Akio was treated there in his ark in the game, and Ushio was not even close to being in process.

Quote:
be able to predict that Nagisa would go into labor 2 weeks in advance and come down with a fever at the same time.
Well it might be just my pessimistic nature to expect the bad things to happen, but considering Nagisa was ill for more than a month before that time already, it's not so unexpected that Ushio gonna come early.
Old 2009-04-15, 16:12   Link #59
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

This debate might be less confused if it wasn't mixing anime and game versions since they were not exactly the same. The Movie wasn't the same either but it does show that even a hospital wouldn't have mattered when fate takes over (or as some might say, Tomoya's choice "at the bottom of the hill").
Old 2009-04-15, 16:21   Link #60
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
You are now my new best friend.
Only now? Hmph.

Quote:
Yeah but this time around, Tomoya is one of those admirable male leads that I appreciate. Most of his decisions and actions call upon praise more than anything in my opinion
However, if he runs into a Kurdish brat flying a funky mobile suit, all bets may well be off...

(After all, Sanae's bread plus Akiko's jam = a GN Drive you don't have to go to Jupiter for!)