AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-04, 04:44   Link #901
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
It may be too early to tell, but to me that says they'll be sticking with the original source material a bit closer this time around.
To me the whole event screamed they're about to do something really stupid.
Old 2013-08-04, 04:50   Link #902
T-6000

But what I don't understand is why they are still in "Area 51" mode with the series. No new media of any kind, no concept art, and hardly any new info. All they just said was that the new Anime will begin this winter (let's see if they'll be sticking with this date this time) and that clover will be doing the opening and ending songs. Hell, no info on even the voice cast.

What is up with all the secrecy?!
Old 2013-08-04, 04:53   Link #903
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
But what I don't understand is why they are still in "Area 51" mode with the series. No new media of any kind, no concept art, and hardly any new info. All they just said was that the new Anime will begin this winter (let's see if they'll be sticking with this date this time) and that clover will be doing the opening and ending songs. Hell, no info on even the voice cast.

Easy, they don't have anything decided yet.
Old 2013-08-04, 09:28   Link #904
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Easy, they don't have anything decided yet.
This.

And that is definitely a big red flag.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2013-08-04, 10:14   Link #905
Shyni

So apparently, it's scheduled for Winter 2014.
Old 2013-08-04, 10:18   Link #906
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyni View Post
So apparently, it's scheduled for Winter 2014.
Osano just said "Winter". If toy schedules from earlier are still valid it's probably December. They don't have to adhere to TV scheduling if it's Nico streaming.
Which is actually insanely worrying, because the series need to be sufficiently large if they're not to stop on the first arc alone and like... I can't imagine a large project being just Nico?

They pretty much have to give us some info by the DVD presentation event in October, if it's not there, then there's really a reason to panic.
Old 2013-08-04, 12:41   Link #907
Utsuro no Hako

"Streaming worldwide" doesn't necessarily mean it won't air on TV as well. The NicoNico thing could be a pre-air, or it could be a simulcast.
Old 2013-08-04, 13:01   Link #908
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
"Streaming worldwide" doesn't necessarily mean it won't air on TV as well. The NicoNico thing could be a pre-air, or it could be a simulcast.
You'd think they would've announced something...
Old 2013-08-04, 17:48   Link #909
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Winter season usual starts in January and goes to the end of March.
Old 2013-08-04, 22:27   Link #910
Ryan Ashfyre
Gentlemanly Sadist

Quote:

...Yeah, for a project with this much hype, that is a bit weird, ain't it? You'd think they'd at least release a PV or two.

Well, we do have a pretty awesome Fall season lined up, so mayhaps they figure they'd wait it out a bit before they start seriously promoting any Winter shows?
Old 2013-08-05, 00:08   Link #911
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Ashfyre View Post
...Yeah, for a project with this much hype, that is a bit weird, ain't it? You'd think they'd at least release a PV or two.
The Optimist in me says that they are keeping things under wraps for now to help promote not only excitement for the Sailor Moon fans (The term "Moonies" Kinda doesn't sound right) but to also keep things as much a surprise as possible. The Pessimist in me says that they did things & made changes they know could upset the more traditional Sailor Moon fans in the hopes of bringing in more newcommers to the series.

Which of my sides is correct in this matter, I guess we'll have to see this winter.
Old 2013-08-05, 00:39   Link #912
elior

i think they want to suprise us and that why they dont want to tell anything or release preview
Old 2013-08-05, 02:52   Link #913
sky black swordman

^ I hope you're right. Because right now, I can't shake this bad feeling I have about the lack of info.
Old 2013-08-05, 03:13   Link #914
Sakuya
*Artist

I was also disappointed with the event. Whatever happened to the "surprise"? While it was pretty cool to see the cast of the new musical in costume (and did I just see a blue-haired Beryl?), it was still frustrating that there was pretty much no new announcements about the anime except what we've already heard. I'm pretty sure they're keeping it under wraps and hyping it up.

Does anyone know the name of the new anime music composer? Could the upbeat music played in the beginning of the event be something that could play in the new anime?

I'm actually kind of excited if the new series will not be a remake but something that builds from the original. I'm kind of tired of the beginning arcs where she becomes Sailor Moon, have to find her comrades, discover her past, defeat Queen Beryl. If they could spice it up and change things up a bit, I actually will look forward to it.
Old 2013-08-05, 04:31   Link #915
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
I was also disappointed with the event. Whatever happened to the "surprise"?
Ypu know what I call a surprise that turns out to be a disappointment? A Valve Surprise.

*does a brief Troll dance*
Old 2013-08-05, 09:23   Link #916
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
The Optimist in me says that they are keeping things under wraps for now to help promote not only excitement for the Sailor Moon fans (The term "Moonies" Kinda doesn't sound right) but to also keep things as much a surprise as possible. The Pessimist in me says that they did things & made changes they know could upset the more traditional Sailor Moon fans in the hopes of bringing in more newcommers to the series.
I am getting aku no hana flashbacks.
Old 2013-08-05, 13:39   Link #917
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post

Does anyone know the name of the new anime music composer? Could the upbeat music played in the beginning of the event be something that could play in the new anime?
That was musical's... er... music. We don't know anything more about the anime than we did before the event.
Upd: Oh, except that MomoClo's Moonlight Densetsu will not be the anime's theme song.

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2013-08-05 at 17:22.
Old 2013-08-05, 15:57   Link #918
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Ypu know what I call a surprise that turns out to be a disappointment? A Valve Surprise.

You sir deserve a cookie. It'll be with you soon*

*in valve time
Old 2013-08-05, 16:17   Link #919
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

I personally think they'll send out information in fall.
Old 2013-08-05, 19:38   Link #920
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:

Oh no you didn't!

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Closed Thread

Tags
remake, shoujo