AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Old 2006-10-06, 14:10   Link #1
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Kanon - Merchandise (Figurines, Artbooks, OSTs, etc.)

Thread dedicated to Kanon related merchandise - including... art books, figurines, bags with wings, games, manga, plushies, CDs, OSTs, DVDs, etc., or if you know where you can find such items, then please post here.

For music related items, please check the following sites:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp
http://www.animenation.com
http://www.yesasia.com
If you can read Japanese, then you can also try:
http://www.amazon.co.jp

Please Note: This thread is for official merchandise only, no bootlegs or cheap illegal imitations!

Last edited by NightWish; 2006-10-06 at 14:47. Reason: ugh, typo
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 14:30   Link #2
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Sooner or later i know we're gonna get people asking about the games soundtracks (seeming as though its the one being used for the anime). So, i might as well post some info' about it~

Probably the only place you're gonna find it these days is over at Himeya.

http://www.himeyashop.com/product_in...oducts_id/2416

Both Last regrets (OP) & Kaze no Tadoritsuku Basho (ED), both sung by the all mighty Ayana are on the ost, long version & short versions. Apart from them you have a good number of BGM tracks by the legndary man known for doing Key's music - Shinji Orito. Most of them already appearing in episode 01 of the series.
Old 2006-10-06, 18:43   Link #3
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

To copy my Haruhi DVD post design...

DVD release info (Japanese) (Source: Animate + Official Site)

DVD TV Kanon Vol.1 First Edition - Release Date: 2007/01/01 - ¥6,000 (without tax)
- Audio commentary from Key staff members (1 episode for each volume) (First Edition Only)
(Includes audio commentary from the original game illustrator, Hinoue Itaru)
- Original 4-panel manga bookmark from Hinoue Itaru (original character designer)
- Special picture-labeled disk
- Cover casing
- Extra video contents (same as Normal Edition)
"All-inclusive report of Kanon's anime production scene" (from Kyoto Animation)
- Original trading card by Ikeda Kazumi (anime character designer)
→1 in vol.1~7, 2 in the final volume.
Collect all 9 pieces to complete a single illustration of the 9 heroines by Ikeda Kazumi.

DVD TV Kanon Vol.2 - Release Date: 2007/02/07
DVD TV Kanon Vol.3 - Release Date: 2007/03/07
DVD TV Kanon Vol.4 - Release Date: 2007/04/04
DVD TV Kanon Vol.5 - Release Date: 2007/05/02
DVD TV Kanon Vol.6 - Release Date: 2007/06/06
DVD TV Kanon Vol.7 - Release Date: 2007/07/04
DVD TV Kanon Vol.8 - Release Date: 2007/08/01

- Bonus for purchasing all volumes:
Miniature "Angel Keyholder"

Overall
Total of 24 episodes, 3 episodes per volume (total of 8 volumes).

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-11-06 at 23:53.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 19:38   Link #4
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
DVD release info
Ugh, why am I so tempted to buy those even though there's almost definitely going to be a superior bluray box released afterwards? Must... resist...

And yeah, getting the OST is a pain if you don't want to pay huge amounts of money on shipping (see: himeya, animejungle). I asked paletweb if they'd stock it a while back, but they said no. Ended up getting mine as a special order along with the Clannad OST and another CD through cocoebiz.com which worked out a lot cheaper, especially if you're buying 2 or more CDs, plus the owner was a pleasure to deal with (she sent out the package BEFORE I'd paid o_O Wtf?)... so if you want 2 or more CDs you could always try them.

Also, looks like the figure cash-in has started already, here is a Mai due out in October (along with a "special colour" version, what?). Also an Ayu due out next year. CDJapan links: Normal, Special.

Finally, there's a 2007 calendar due out in November - YesAsia, CDJapan.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 21:42   Link #5
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
DVD TV Kanon Vol.1 First Edition - Release Date: 2007/01/01 - ¥6,000 (without tax)
- Audio commentary from Key staff members (1 episode for each volume)
- Original 4-panel manga bookmark from Hinoue Itaru (original character designer)
- Special picture-labeled disk
- Cover casing
- Extra video contents (same as Normal Edition)
"All-inclusive report of Kanon's anime production scene" (from Kyoto Animation)
- Original trading card by Ikeda Kazumi (anime character designer)
→1 in vol.1~7, 2 in the final volume.
Collect all 9 pieces to complete a single illustration of the 9 heroines by Ikeda Kazumi.
One thing that's probably worth pointing out to those thinking of collecting the R2 DVDs. This isn't like Haruhi where there are two different editions available to order and you pick the one you want (normal or limited). All those extras (except those "extra video contents" mentioned) are firstpress extras, meaning "first come, first serve". The official site suggests that people pre-order well in advance if they want to get the extras. If you're the type to order from Amazon JP, they also recommend that you put it in its own order so that no other items are holding up the shipment; even then, it's not guaranteed. Good luck!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 02:08   Link #6
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
One thing that's probably worth pointing out to those thinking of collecting the R2 DVDs. This isn't like Haruhi where there are two different editions available to order and you pick the one you want (normal or limited). All those extras (except those "extra video contents" mentioned) are firstpress extras, meaning "first come, first serve". The official site suggests that people pre-order well in advance if they want to get the extras. If you're the type to order from Amazon JP, they also recommend that you put it in its own order so that no other items are holding up the shipment; even then, it's not guaranteed. Good luck!
To make it even clearer, there will be a "regular edition", but they won't go on sale until the first batch of DVDs ("first edition") are sold out, nor will there be any announcements for the switch: when the stores run out of first editions, they simply automatically switch over to the normal editions.

But still, I think Kyoani has learned to anticipate the kind of demands there will be for something like this (unlike what happened with vol.0 and 1 of Haruhi's DVD), so you should be able to get your first-press Kanon DVDs as long as you place your order before release date. (If you want to be absolutely safe though, you should probably order early)

Oh yeah, while I'm at it, I might as well add the Amazon.co.jp links:
DVD Kanon Vol.1

DVD Kanon Vol.2
DVD Kanon Vol.3
DVD Kanon Vol.4
DVD Kanon Vol.5
DVD Kanon Vol.6
DVD Kanon Vol.7
DVD Kanon Vol.8

As usual, Amazon offers a 25% discount for popular DVD preorders, which will take the price down to 4,500 yen for oversea shoppers. ^^
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 06:16   Link #7
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Heh, i've got the first volume already preordered - first of January really is a great time to release something like Kanon.

& from the looks of it, a volume a month - pretty much works out for me.
Old 2006-10-07, 21:17   Link #8
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

This is a massive wallet drainer for me. I pre-ordered too, but from cdjapan so that I know that I have a first press.
Old 2006-10-07, 21:49   Link #9
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
AnimeJungle also have the Kanon game soundtrack, as well as the rearrange albums for sale. To find them on their site, navigate to the Jungle Spotlight: Game Music/I'VE section - the dropdown menu/buttons are on the left - or for a direct link to the soundtrack, click here.

-Andiyar
Old 2006-10-08, 00:27   Link #10
orion

Slightly off-topic: Take a look at how this title is moving at cdjapan. All of the series is in the Daily Top 10 for today.
Old 2006-10-12, 03:47   Link #11
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Box Art of the first volume of KyoAni's Kanon :-

Seems that they are going to feature one main girl on the cover per volume.

Which leaves us with 3 spare girls to feature. Sayuri, Kaori and Akiko maybe ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 07:28   Link #12
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Probably. The main fun part shall be seeing which girl appears on which volume - i'm guessing it'll be Mokoto for volume 02.
Old 2006-10-15, 19:23   Link #13
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Box Art of the first volume of KyoAni's Kanon :-

Seems that they are going to feature one main girl on the cover per volume.

But the previous version had younger versions of Ayu and Nayuki as covers. So why not younger versions of Mai, Ayu and Nayuki this time around?
Old 2006-10-16, 12:54   Link #14
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

I ordered Moetan, Moetan II vol 1, and Moetan II vol 2 from Amazon.jp about a year ago and never received anything. I even got my confirmation email and still to this day get ads from Amazon.jp. So I'm a little wary about ordering from them. Has everyone had good relations with them so far?

I really want to order Kanon vol 1 from them but I'm scared of dropping $50 on something I'll never see . . .
KenOhki'sRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 13:01   Link #15
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenOhki'sRage View Post
I ordered Moetan, Moetan II vol 1, and Moetan II vol 2 from Amazon.jp about a year ago and never received anything. I even got my confirmation email and still to this day get ads from Amazon.jp. So I'm a little wary about ordering from them. Has everyone had good relations with them so far?

I really want to order Kanon vol 1 from them but I'm scared of dropping $50 on something I'll never see . . .
If it helps you're the first person I've seen who's been in that situation. Did you ask them or anything? I've only ever ordered from them once and though it was kinda slow (just over a month on slow shipping) I got my order (which was about $250 worth) all well packaged and stuff, and most R2J importers swear by them because of the discounts; with a preorder like this I'm pretty sure you won't have any trouble.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 14:23   Link #16
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've never had a package lost/drop from them ... but I *have* had them show something in stock and then never actually be able to get it (since it wasn't really in stock). Of course, I've also had Amazon in USA do that to me.

amazon.co.jp's shipping also runs a bit high .... you just need to write them with the order and other information (including copies of the confirmation email).
Old 2006-10-16, 14:44   Link #17
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Sounds fair. I imagine something went wrong with the shipping end (international shipping and all may run into unforseen problems) and not with Amazon's end. I'll take that advice and order through them. Thanks much.

Oh, with a preorder will the money be removed from my account once I place the order or when the order is shipped?
KenOhki'sRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 16:59   Link #18
Danj
Tech Bloke

Send a message via ICQ to Danj Send a message via AIM to Danj Send a message via MSN to Danj Send a message via Yahoo to Danj
I don't suppose they actually made that alarm clock from the beginning of episode 2? Because that would be cool, I'd love to have one of those...

"Asa, asa da yo~ Asa gohan tabete, gakkou iku yo~"
Old 2006-10-16, 17:40   Link #19
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenOhki'sRage View Post
Oh, with a preorder will the money be removed from my account once I place the order or when the order is shipped?
Yes, that's really how all vendors should do it (granted that a few don't). They may put a small test charge on your credit card when you place the order (to make sure it works), but the hold happens when they start packing the box, and the charge hits after it's safely shipped. And if you can afford the extra cost, going with DHL (or "international priority" or whatever they call it) is the safest way to make sure you'll get it, as they have live tracking, their own customs agents, and can put traces on anything that gets delayed anywhere in the world. But of course, as I said, that's costly. Anyway, my own experiences with them (25+ orders so far) have all been positive.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 17:41   Link #20
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danj View Post
I don't suppose they actually made that alarm clock from the beginning of episode 2? Because that would be cool, I'd love to have one of those...

"Asa, asa da yo~ Asa gohan tabete, gakkou iku yo~"
http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r28629061

There you go~