AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-11-06, 10:28   Link #11921
Cio
Otaku

Men, i'm really are being charmed by her...

Spoiler for little NSFW:
Old 2009-11-06, 14:09   Link #11922
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Its still incest in my book. But it's still inbreeding. I think you'd have to go to 3rd cousin at least for there to be low risk of inbreeding mutations.
Well I'm not surprise you think this way considering you grew up here in the states. Most countries in the world wouldn't agree with you anyway.

Also inbreeding doesn't cause mutations, the reason why it's illegal to marry your sister is because the closer the person is to you genetically the higher chance a recessive gene in your family line would appear. So your family might not even have a recessive gene with a physical abnormality it could be internal. Don't know about the actual likelihood of the recessive gene showing up, but I think it doubles it, but its called recessive for a reason.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 14:23   Link #11923
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Well I'm not surprise you think this way considering you grew up here in the states. Most countries in the world wouldn't agree with you anyway.

Also inbreeding doesn't cause mutations, the reason why it's illegal to marry your sister is because the closer the person is to you genetically the higher chance a recessive gene in your family line would appear. So your family might not even have a recessive gene with a physical abnormality it could be internal. Don't know about the actual likelihood of the recessive gene showing up, but I think it doubles it, but its called recessive for a reason.
True enough. Nature vs. Nurture, right? lol.

And I think you use that box split into four smaller boxes or something to determine what gene you get. I don't remember it well since its been years since I learned it, lol.
Old 2009-11-06, 17:09   Link #11924
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Oh man, I wonder...
If Tsukune can form an alliance with the Won Family Mafia in order to bring down Miyabi and Fairy Tail... It would make perfect sense and it definitely has potential.
Old 2009-11-06, 17:24   Link #11925
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Oh man, I wonder...
If Tsukune can form an alliance with the Won Family Mafia in order to bring down Miyabi and Fairy Tail... It would make perfect sense and it definitely has potential.
I have a feeling that's why the Won (or Wong) Family was introduced. The next chapter or the rest of the arc probably puts them into some sort of trouble. Tsukune and Moka end up saving the Won's and they become allies.

It's happened to almost all new characters.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 19:16   Link #11926
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
I have a feeling that's why the Won (or Wong) Family was introduced. The next chapter or the rest of the arc probably puts them into some sort of trouble. Tsukune and Moka end up saving the Won's and they become allies.

It's happened to almost all new characters.
Yeah. The family will get saved by the gang and owe them a debt and later pay it by helping with the fight against Fairy Tail. But Tsukune won't ask for the help, they'll just show up when they are needed most for maximum shounen dramatic effect. hah.
Old 2009-11-06, 19:37   Link #11927
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The dark lords are preparing for an inevitable confrontation with Fairy Tail. With Tsukune unwittingly gathering allies, there's gonna be a huge battle. The Wong family is gonna be a powerful ally to have.
Old 2009-11-06, 20:25   Link #11928
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Indeed, Tsukune does have a talent for unwittingly gathering allies, especially from former enemies and rivals. I'm sure that the Wong mafia would eventually end up joining him in a battle against FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cio View Post
Men, i'm really are being charmed by her...

Spoiler for little NSFW:
"Now you don't need that money with a face like that, do ya honey?" - - - ^

Pretty good fanart piece, wouldn't you agree? I know I would be charmed if Kurumu looked somewhat more like this. And I knew I posted this image in this thread a while ago too. http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...14#post2713414

Last edited by GrrDraxin; 2009-11-06 at 20:37.
GrrDraxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 22:27   Link #11929
Cio
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
"Now you don't need that money with a face like that, do ya honey?" - - - ^

Pretty good fanart piece, wouldn't you agree? I know I would be charmed if Kurumu looked somewhat more like this. And I knew I posted this image in this thread a while ago too. http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...14#post2713414
It's a repost then, sorry, i miss that i just browse gelbooru and look at the new stuff
Old 2009-11-07, 00:01   Link #11930
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Don't worry about it, yours was slightly higher resolution anyway, I just went and switched it in my own collection.
Old 2009-11-07, 13:26   Link #11931
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Possible this Mafia is fighting against Fairy Tail?
Old 2009-11-07, 14:08   Link #11932
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Possible this Mafia is fighting against Fairy Tail?
That's actually quite possible, FT might be the group that's causing the mafia's crisis. Like they wanted the mafia to join FT but because the mafia refused, they became enemies?
Old 2009-11-07, 15:54   Link #11933
Johnny
Working the bags...

The question is why would the Mafia care? Is Fairy Tail pushing their own drugs, street walkers, and strong arming local businesses that's in the Mafia's territory? I can see wanting Tsukune for his strength, who doesn't want to have stronger members in their organization. Too much is unknown of Fairy Tail to make the call for me...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 17:51   Link #11934
Ilpalazzo

Talking Got Rosario+Vampire Manga 10

Well all i see they change is Mizore race name again first it was ABOMINABLE SNOWGIRL and now it Snow Fairy WTF? Why is it so hard for them to put yuki-onna, i don't see why they need to edit her race name its nothing religious or anything bad. Well anyway this Manga and all the volumes of it has been on New York Times Manga Best Seller List every month Rosario+Vampire manga comes out i got to say its been really popular in the US, and season 2 has been license and it comes out in April 2010.
Ilpalazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 21:23   Link #11935
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpalazzo View Post
Well all i see they change is Mizore race name again first it was ABOMINABLE SNOWGIRL and now it Snow Fairy WTF? Why is it so hard for them to put yuki-onna, i don't see why they need to edit her race name its nothing religious or anything bad. Well anyway this Manga and all the volumes of it has been on New York Times Manga Best Seller List every month Rosario+Vampire manga comes out i got to say its been really popular in the US, and season 2 has been license and it comes out in April 2010.
Because Snow Fairy sounds cuter?

Well anyway, Snow Women/girl would've been enough since that's the literal translation of Yuki Ona.

R+V owns all manga that's why.
Old 2009-11-07, 22:22   Link #11936
Ilpalazzo

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Because Snow Fairy sounds cuter?

Well anyway, Snow Women/girl would've been enough since that's the literal translation of Yuki Ona.

R+V owns all manga that's why.
lol yeah R+V owns all manga.
Ilpalazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 23:29   Link #11937
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpalazzo View Post
There's a NY Times Manga Best Seller List?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 23:36   Link #11938
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
There's a NY Times Manga Best Seller List?
There are multiple categories: http://www.nytimes.com/pages/books/bestseller/
Old 2009-11-08, 00:29   Link #11939
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I can think of why they wouldn't put snow women:

alright, pretend that you had absolutely no knowledge of the Japanese translation or that stuff... what image would Snow Woman conjure in your mind? (hint: for those who are American, think of something that is often associated with winter...)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 00:34   Link #11940
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
I can think of why they wouldn't put snow women:

alright, pretend that you had absolutely no knowledge of the Japanese translation or that stuff... what image would Snow Woman conjure in your mind? (hint: for those who are American, think of something that is often associated with winter...)

A female version of Frosty the Snowman? *shot*

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire