AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Who are your favorite characters?
Alto Saotome 202 36.59%
Sheryl Nome 388 70.29%
Ranka Lee 159 28.80%
Brera Sterne 75 13.59%
Ozma Lee 127 23.01%
Cathy Glass 62 11.23%
Klan Klan 203 36.78%
Mikhail Blanc (aka Michel) 156 28.26%
Luca Angeloni 24 4.35%
Nanase Matsuura 23 4.17%
Canaria Berstein 18 3.26%
Leon Mishima 13 2.36%
Howard Glass 6 1.09%
Grace O'Connor 41 7.43%
Bobby Margot 61 11.05%
Nene Rora 14 2.54%
Raramia Rerenia 13 2.36%
Jeffrey Wilder 18 3.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-19, 10:01   Link #1281
Fishfood1

^isn't shinn also under her command now?

anyways the discussion of GSD stuff... is kinda now getting off topic in a macross subforum, now don't you think?

roof>bed
Old 2010-01-19, 10:18   Link #1282
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
nah...kira is only a pawn to Lacus...Lacus simply uses Kira, Athrun and co for her ambition--world domination

Before things get nasty, the above statement is just a joke
It may be a joke but it would be the only thing that would save the franchise in regards to "quality".
Old 2010-01-23, 10:44   Link #1283
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
this. MAKE THE FREAKING MOVIE ALREADY
if the movie ever came out, Lacus would probably be at #1 again for a long time. It's just been too long since anything GS has come out so it's natural.

Glad that Sheryl is still on the list. She's definitely my favorite of all the MF girls. Feel that she is just more memorable than Renka is.
Old 2010-01-23, 17:12   Link #1284
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
if the movie ever came out, Lacus would probably be at #1 again for a long time. It's just been too long since anything GS has come out so it's natural.

Glad that Sheryl is still on the list. She's definitely my favorite of all the MF girls. Feel that she is just more memorable than Renka is.
Sheryl has already made the top 10 listing of the best female characters in the last 25 years, just behind Minmei. So her popularity was a given.
Old 2010-01-23, 20:29   Link #1285
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Sheryl has already made the top 10 listing of the best female characters in the last 25 years, just behind Minmei. So her popularity was a given.
She is a character for the ages.
Old 2010-01-23, 23:15   Link #1286
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
where can i find that list?
Old 2010-01-24, 00:58   Link #1287
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
It was posted 3 pages back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
This is Newtype's 3rd "Most Favourite Anime Female Character" poll. Short explanation of it: Poll for the best female characters of anime in course of 25 years, and yes that means including the old series. The poll is not a count for 25 years-it's fresh nomination poll from the readers after Newtype in October. Readers send the form after nominating only one character out of 346 available names Newtype has given.

This is the result of the 3rd poll:

1. Cagalli Yula Athla (Gundam Seed)
2. Naussica (Naussica of The Wind Valley)
3. Ayanami Rei (Evangelion)
4. Lacus Clyne (Gundam Seed)
5. Souryuu Asuka Langley (Evangelion)
6. Lum (Urusei Yatsura)
7. Lynn Minmei (SDF Macross)
8. Sheryl Nome (Macross F)
9. Kinomoto Sakura (Cardcaptor Sakura)
10. Otonashi (?) Kyouko (Maison Ikkoku) *Seriously I forget Kyouko's surname, so halp? *
Old 2010-01-24, 01:21   Link #1288
cyberdemon

why would Cagalli of all people be #1 on that list. Has she ever actually beaten someone like Lacus in polls. If it were me Lacus and Sheryl would be 1 and 2. Not that i hate her but she doesn't strike me as top 10 material compared to the others on the list. i get the feeling that some people likely sent in many multiple votes for that purpose.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2010-01-24 at 01:44.
Old 2010-01-24, 05:52   Link #1289
KaoruLia

Quote:
More info:

http://mikage24.livejournal.com/7201.html

Quote:
■ Most Favorite Male Anime Characters 「最も好きな男性アニメキャラは?」

第1位 Lelouch Lamperouge - Code Geass 【ルルーシュ・ランペルージ】 「コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュ」 
第2位 Kira Yamato - Mobile Suit Gundam SEED 【キラ・ヤマト】 「機動戦士ガンダムSEED」 
第3位 Athrun Zala - Mobile Suit Gundam SEED 【アスラン・ザラ】 「機動戦士ガンダムSEED」
第4位 Lupin the 3rd - Lupin the 3rd 【ルパン三世】 「ルパン三世」
第5位 Char Aznable - Mobile Suit Gundam 【シャア・アズナブル】 「機動戦士ガンダム」
第6位 Ikari Shinj - Neon Genesis Evangelion 【碇シンジ】 「新世紀エヴァンゲリオン」 
第7位 Saotome Ranma - Ranma 1/2 【早乙女乱馬】 「らんま1/2」 
第8位 Kaworu Nagisa - Neon Genesis Evangelion 【渚カヲル】 「新世紀エヴァンゲリオン」 
第9位 Edward Elric - Full Metal Alchemist 【エドワード・エルリック】 鋼の錬金術師」 
第10位 Kyon - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 【キョン】 「涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱」

Yay Edward!

I guess Macross guys don't make that much of an impression huh? ^^;
Old 2010-01-24, 05:56   Link #1290
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
why would Cagalli of all people be #1 on that list. Has she ever actually beaten someone like Lacus in polls. If it were me Lacus and Sheryl would be 1 and 2. Not that i hate her but she doesn't strike me as top 10 material compared to the others on the list. i get the feeling that some people likely sent in many multiple votes for that purpose.
People forget that Cagalli was very popular as well during the first season, don't forget Lacus was hardly in SEED during the first half. If Destiny didn't destroy Cagalli's character...
Old 2010-01-24, 17:26   Link #1291
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I couldn't stand Cagalli in the first season let alone the 2nd one. A tragedy that she would get first all time...
Old 2010-01-25, 00:33   Link #1292
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
People forget that Cagalli was very popular as well during the first season, don't forget Lacus was hardly in SEED during the first half. If Destiny didn't destroy Cagalli's character...
Even if she had some popularity at some point it would never be enough to get her the top spot for the past 25 years. Those results are seriously questionable. Sheryl i can understand being on there, she is a very popular character despite being newer. Lacus i can understand being on there as well, She's ranked 1st more times than probably anyone else (has Cagalli ever actually beaten her in even a single poll? baring the times before Lacus becamne prominent), she is the one that past records would make more sense to put at the #1 spot. Cagalli doesn't have a history of ranking or the fanbase the size of those 2, Whoever did that poll needs to go over the results and realize that there is something wrong and redo it.

based on some of the comments it doesn't sound like the polls are complete though. Cagalli fans probably got on it early and sent many votes individually.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2010-01-25 at 00:44.
Old 2010-01-25, 02:45   Link #1293
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
@cyberdemon
There are reasons why C.C and Haruhi who were #1 for... *Insert amount of issues here* do not even go to the top 10 (-_-)'' And that is, like Lacus, because of the amount of male fans vote getting very diversely divided since they can only vote once for favourite characters.

And Cagalli have crazy amount of fangirls backing her, mind you. Looking at other magazines than Newtype, I could remember Cagalli topped Lacus more than once or twice in SEED (Dis--Err... Destiny was downright horrible) airing. You could even say that Cagalli fangirls can actually beat Sheryl's fanboys in term of amount lol Her history of fanbase is actually pretty remarkable unless you view her in negative way (Justin! I still <33333 you though!) Yes this is why she can actually top Lacus here--the backings of female fans are rather co-operated than male fans

However, unlike males when it comes to newer series, teenage fangirls are very fickle in that they have rather changing favourites in female characters That's why you never saw her in top 10 8Db Oh and FYI, I don't think Lacus is in top 10 of teenage female-oriented magazine like Animedia so...Yeah. (Although reason is explained above)

Anyways, no more hate on Cagalli--believe it or not, she is one of the more prominently loved character when SEED airs, like Lacus does. She is pretty popular in Asian regions; even my home country's females have crush on her LMAO

Old 2010-01-25, 02:47   Link #1294
Westlo
Lets be reality

cyberdemon Cagalli ranked for like 3-4 year period and was higher for longer than Sheryl, so to say Cagalli can't be on there but Sheryl can is just lolz. I use to see the newtype character rankings when animenation's "Ask John" use to post the weekly results until Newtype America asked him to stop around 2004/2005. A lot of us weren't happy when that happened...
Old 2010-01-25, 08:52   Link #1295
KaoruLia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
@cyberdemon
And Cagalli have crazy amount of fangirls backing her, mind you. Looking at other magazines than Newtype, I could remember Cagalli topped Lacus more than once or twice in SEED (Dis--Err... Destiny was downright horrible) airing. You could even say that Cagalli fangirls can actually beat Sheryl's fanboys in term of amount lol Her history of fanbase is actually pretty remarkable unless you view her in negative way (Justin! I still <33333 you though!) Yes this is why she can actually top Lacus here--the backings of female fans are rather co-operated than male fans
That's a very good reasoning. Looking back at the list, it's quite understandable that all the female characters that ranked are those with a strong presence (maybe except Minmay? Hmm. But DYRL Minmay was amazing) -- the types that have a lot of female fans backing them. That also explains why Haruhi and C.C are painfully absent... And although Sheryl, Asuka and Rei's fanbase are strongly backed by male fans, you have to remember that they DO have tons of fangirls too. I see no problem with having Cagalli at #1, really.
Old 2010-01-25, 11:34   Link #1296
wisteria233

Yeah the people on this listing are those with a diverse fanbase, not just catered to a specific base. Like it or not Cagalli is very popular amongst both males and females in Japan, as well as elsewhere. Which looking at the list, also applies to everyone else listed there as well, yes even Minmei (though this may be more because of DYRL). Female fans might have looked as Minmei as a realistic young girl who goes through her trials and tribulations, and eventually gets over them while keeping in mind the mistakes she made. Lacus is a given, but Cagalli might also appeal to fans more because she is not perfect.
Old 2010-01-26, 13:54   Link #1297
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

My biggest surprise resulted from Shinji Ikari making the polls. Can anyone honestly like that kid?

That is all.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2010-01-26, 14:19   Link #1298
KaoruLia

That, and Kira Yamato. (maybe that's just my personal bias....)
Old 2010-01-26, 15:46   Link #1299
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
My biggest surprise resulted from Shinji Ikari making the polls. Can anyone honestly like that kid?
What's more shocking then Shinji being on the list, is that he beat Ed.
Old 2010-01-27, 02:48   Link #1300
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruLia View Post
That, and Kira Yamato. (maybe that's just my personal bias....)
just your bias. Kira is regularly in top anime males lists same with Lacus for anime females. I'm not actually biased against Cagalli but outside Gundam polls i can't remember when Cagalli was last listed in anime polls which is why I'm skeptical as to why she was in 1st place. I don't think i will ever understand because it doesn't seem logical to me. outside of that i do like her character though
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, favorite