Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-11-08, 13:09   Link #201
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
I've already played it, beaten it, and hated its ending. For me, it's old news.
Also what novels?
Good for you, hope you know that there are 3 primary endings.

Anyway, theres not much to say about the novel, some author got a hold of the license. Its only based on the first game though. Its not done yet as far as I know. I stopped reading it when I couldn't stand the butchering of the characters anymore.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 13:13   Link #202
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Good for you, hope you know that there are 3 primary endings.
Yeah I know, I personally liked the...
Spoiler for :
Old 2008-11-08, 13:20   Link #203
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I'm disappointed... wheres the enthusiasm? the game is coming out this Tuesday!!!
Unfortunately, I don't have the Wii so I couldn't get it even when I wanted to...

Shame really, just when I was getting into the Tales series from Vesperia and Abyss... Emil and Marta's character designs adds to the bonus for me.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 13:40   Link #204
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm avoiding spoilers like the plague! >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Unfortunately, I don't have the Wii so I couldn't get it even when I wanted to...

Shame really, just when I was getting into the Tales series from Vesperia and Abyss... Emil and Marta's character designs adds to the bonus for me.
It is a shame, a damn shame! Also Rie (VA for Shana) is Marta's VA. well in the japanese version...

I really want to see the relationship scenes for Sheena and Presea its my main motivation for this game XD
Old 2008-11-08, 13:50   Link #205
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Yeah, I'm all over this, though I'm not to enthused about the VA changes, esp Lloyd. Scott Menville was excellent as Lloyd. And I'm tired of hearing Bosch in leading roles >.>.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayataka
I really want to see the relationship scenes for Sheena and Presea its my main motivation for this game XD
Yeah, they were my favs too . I doubt I'll get to see some Genis/Presea or Lloyd/Sheena love-love, but I'm still looking forward to seeing what they are up to after the events of the original game.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 13:52   Link #206
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Yeah, I'm all over this, though I'm not to enthused about the VA changes, esp Lloyd. Scott Menville was excellent as Lloyd. And I'm tired of hearing Bosch in leading roles >.>.

Yeah, they were my favs too . I doubt I'll get to see some Genis/Presea or Lloyd/Sheena love-love, but I'm still looking forward to seeing what they are up to after the events of the original game.
From my understanding theres no GenisxPresea. But we do get LloydxPresea and LloydxSheena. So, I'm a happy man
Old 2008-11-08, 15:47   Link #207
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
The story is butchered and completely reinterpretated.
Ah~, then that's okay. Ratatosk's story isn't all that interesting, anyways. And if I want to know the original (as in, how the game portrayed it) story, I can just watch the play videos. Saves money and time. And it's in the original JP.

Quote:
Also what novels?
Ratatosk novels:
Volume 1
Volume 2

Quote:
From my understanding theres no GenisxPresea. But we do get LloydxPresea and LloydxSheena. So, I'm a happy man
There is Genius x Presea, one-way though.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 20:44   Link #208
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ah~, then that's okay. Ratatosk's story isn't all that interesting, anyways. And if I want to know the original (as in, how the game portrayed it) story, I can just watch the play videos. Saves money and time. And it's in the original JP.

Ratatosk novels:
Volume 1
Volume 2

There is Genius x Presea, one-way though.
lol, of course theres always ways to get something you want XD

I never liked the idea of GenisxPresea... Presea is still 28 well 30 mentally and chronologically. And will always view Genis as a little kid. Having Presea like Genis is like saying she's a shotacon.

Oh and I never knew about those... hmm interesting...
Old 2008-11-09, 02:11   Link #209
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
I never liked the idea of GenisxPresea... Presea is still 28 well 30 mentally and chronologically. And will always view Genis as a little kid. Having Presea like Genis is like saying she's a shotacon.
You lack the love to truly understand. You thought they were perfect for each other, then the moment the true age thing pops up, all of a sudden it's wrong. Age has no factor when it comes to love. Plus, she's a loli and he's a shota. It's a perfect match!
Old 2008-11-09, 02:57   Link #210
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
You lack the love to truly understand. You thought they were perfect for each other, then the moment the true age thing pops up, all of a sudden it's wrong. Age has no factor when it comes to love. Plus, she's a loli and he's a shota. It's a perfect match!
You're one of those Aesthetics people huh? I prefer chemistry and theres zero chemistry between those two.

This has got to be my most favorite conversation between Lloyd and Presea.

Presea: ...It's such a good feeling to be able to move by my own will.

Lloyd: Yeah. I know what you mean. That's how it should be, but Cruxis Crystals and Exspheres make possible what should be impossible.

Presea: Because they're sad, they attach onto someone and fuse with them. A lifeless being is...always lonely.

Lloyd: Lonely?

Presea: Because, when they fuse with their host, the two become one. And then it becomes sad and lonely again.

Lloyd: When you put it that way, I guess you're right.

Presea: They are just like me...always alone.

Lloyd: You have me, right?

Presea: ...What?...

Lloyd: I promised I wouldn't leave you behind.

Presea: ...Yes.

Lloyd: We'll always be together, the two of us. And since there's two of us, we'll never be lonely, right?

Presea*smiling! An actual, huge, smile!*:
Old 2008-11-09, 07:49   Link #211
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara
Huh? Where did this come from?
Old 2008-11-09, 08:16   Link #212
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Huh? Where did this come from?
You get to choose Lloyd's soul mate again in this game. So you get treated to extra scenes.
Old 2008-11-09, 10:42   Link #213
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
You get to choose Lloyd's soul mate again in this game. So you get treated to extra scenes.
Hah?! Seriously? 'Cause I haven't seen any scenes like that. You don't even get to use Lloyd for most of the game... (-_-)...

It's amusingly strange... Genius's Hi-ougi has been reduced to a puny Indignation, but he still can use a basic chanting spell called Indignation...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 12:43   Link #214
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Hah?! Seriously? 'Cause I haven't seen any scenes like that. You don't even get to use Lloyd for most of the game... (-_-)...

It's amusingly strange... Genius's Hi-ougi has been reduced to a puny Indignation, but he still can use a basic chanting spell called Indignation...
Yup you get to choose Lloyd's soul mate again, and its Flanoir again!

Indignation still looks cool, at least from the videos I've seen. I'll judge for myself after getting the game.
Old 2008-11-09, 17:42   Link #215
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Yup you get to choose Lloyd's soul mate again, and its Flanoir again!
God damn it... I'm going to have play this game again.
I wonder if you can make Marta fall for him
Old 2008-11-09, 21:16   Link #216
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayataka View Post
You're one of those Aesthetics people huh? I prefer chemistry and theres zero chemistry between those two.

This has got to be my most favorite conversation between Lloyd and Presea.

Spoiler for condense convo:
But, I mean, people always pair the Tales of casts to pairs within their own group, and I shall name all I know for my own amusement: Cless/Mint, Chester/Arche, Reid/Farah, Melody/Keele, Lloyd/Colette, Kratos/Raine, Genis/Presea, Sheena/Zelos, Luke/Tear, Guy/Natalia/Asch, Anise/Jade. ToV it's all questionable with all the yuri undertones, but that's a different story. It's customary. Oh, i guess that means I am a man of aesthetics, huh ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serebe
Isn't that good? I mean, Indignation is like the best spell ever to grace the Tales of series(or at least the most popular, even if it's because of the GBA ToP dub >.>), and he can cast it in TWO DIFFERENT WAYS!?!? Maybe I'm just a fanboy >,<.

On an entirely different note, I was thinking of trying to get through the game w/o the monsters in the party, if possible, even if I'm depriving myself of an good piece of the game. Well, I'll see how it is when I actually get the game.
Old 2008-11-09, 21:19   Link #217
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
God damn it... I'm going to have play this game again.
I wonder if you can make Marta fall for him
Unfortunately no Marta is Emil's.

Quote:
But, I mean, people always pair the Tales of casts to pairs within their own group, and I shall name all I know for my own amusement: Cless/Mint, Chester/Arche, Reid/Farah, Melody/Keele, Lloyd/Colette, Kratos/Raine, Genis/Presea, Sheena/Zelos, Luke/Tear, Guy/Natalia/Asch, Anise/Jade. ToV it's all questionable, but that's a different story. It's customary. Oh, i guess that means I am a man of aesthetics, huh ?

Isn't that good? I mean, Indignation is like the best spell ever to grace the Tales of series(or at least the most popular, even if it's because of the GBA ToP dub >.>), and he can cast it in TWO DIFFERENT WAYS!?!? Maybe I'm just a fanboy >,<.

On an entirely different note, I was thinking of trying to get through the game w/o the monsters in the party, if possible, even if I'm depriving myself of an good piece of the game. Well, I'll see how it is when I actually get the game.
Cless x Mint and Chester x Arche are canon btw...
Old 2008-11-09, 21:30   Link #218
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Cless x Mint and Chester x Arche are canon btw...
LIES!! The LOVE was THERE!!! It was there even in the anime version(though greatly condensed). I know Arche was rather loose, but that stuff with Chester was def love-love by the end. I even remember Arche saying she'd meet him in a hundred years. Are you telling me that's just her being fickle? I can't remember Cless's and Mints that much though, since Cless was a pretty straight-forward guy, he wasn't as memorable char-wise.
Old 2008-11-09, 21:34   Link #219
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
LIES!! The LOVE was THERE!!! It was there even in the anime version(though greatly condensed). I know Arche was rather loose, but that stuff with Chester was def love-love by the end. I even remember Arche saying she'd meet him in a hundred years. Are you telling me that's just her being fickle? I can't remember Cless's and Mints that much though, since Cless was a pretty straight-forward guy, he wasn't as memorable char-wise.
Er... don't you know what "Canon" mean? It means that they are actual couples that can't be disputed... your response confused the crap out of me... >_>
Old 2008-11-09, 21:44   Link #220
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Er... don't you know what "Canon" mean? It means that they are actual couples that can't be disputed... your response confused the crap out of me... >_>
OMG, I never knew ! Honestly, I've never looked up the definition of it, just went by the context of the sentence and always thought it meant "it's there only for the sake of the plot", which would mean that there was no reason given to them to love each other. My bad .