AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Penguin Drum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-15, 21:49   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Penguin Drum - Voice Actor Appreciation & Discussion

The purpose of this thread is to discuss, critique and idolize the Voice Actor cast of Mawaru Penguin Drum. Please remember that the discussion should center on their performances as professional voice actors and not on the show content (which can be discussed in the various Episode threads). Please remember this simple rule when critiquing a VA's performance or reading another forum member's critique:
  • Don't take it personally.
    In other words, you’re free to disagree with another person’s opinion, but don’t flame them if they offer a well written and well thought out analysis that differs from your own opinion. Keep it civil.

• Voice Actors are human.
    Yes, it’s true. They’re human. Therefore, don’t just indiscriminately rip them and their work apart as if they’re inorganic objects. You don’t have to praise them non-stop, but be thoughtful in your criticism.
This thread might duplicate some discussion in the Episode threads, but it can also serve to demystify various VA roles, disseminate VA information (VA Bios, VA photos, etc) and provide cast information of various types as well as discussion about performances.
Old 2011-09-17, 21:47   Link #2
hamstar
just passing by

The VA for himari, all I'm going to say is that her voice is exceptional. She sounds angelic.

Last edited by hamstar; 2011-09-17 at 23:26.
Old 2011-09-18, 18:29   Link #3
hoofy

^ I second that statement. When I first heard her, I was reminded of how my brain reacts to hearing the likes of Aya Endo, Saeko Chiba and Ryoko Shiraishi. Marshmellows come to mind ... no seriously ... this is a good thing.
Old 2011-09-19, 22:29   Link #4
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I agree, I've heard some people say that she's still inexperienced, which I also agree with, but she has such a distinct voice here that I really hope she gets other work. It's sweet but not high-pitched, artificially sweet like a lot of character's voices are.
Old 2011-10-23, 22:55   Link #5
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

I'm quite interested Ringo Oginome's VA. I mean she's doing hell of a job voice one of the most dynamic character I've seen. I checked her name and she seems unrecognisable, is this her major break?
Closed Thread