AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-07-26, 20:34   Link #1681
primuler
Love For 3D

(don't take it seriously though, it's a joke)

Spoiler for One, BIG reason why Athena won't be together with Hayate:
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 21:02   Link #1682
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
(don't take it seriously though, it's a joke)

Spoiler for One, BIG reason why Athena won't be together with Hayate:
Athena already made it to number 5 without much development at that time, with the expansion of her backstory with Hayate her ranking will only grow stronger.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 21:20   Link #1683
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
Athena already made it to number 5 without much development at that time, with the expansion of her backstory with Hayate her ranking will only grow stronger.
What? Wasn't the fan poll where she got #5 like 30 chapters after The End of the World arc?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 21:36   Link #1684
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
What? Wasn't the fan poll where she got #5 like 30 chapters after The End of the World arc?
yes but what has she done since the end of the arc? she's only been shown for a panel or two and thats it...yet she still ranked 5th. Meanwhile the others were getting significant exposure
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 21:41   Link #1685
KoroshiyaX
X

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
Agreed. Depending on how Hata will develop Athena in the next few chapters, it is entirely possibly she will jump into the top 3 spots on the popularity polls.

Though the same could be said if he wanted to "de-popularize" her in favor of Hina/Maria/Nagi, so he could advance Hayate's relationships with those 3 more.

However, keeping all the relationships balanced and even is what keeps this story going, and what is milking fans' money.

I have a feeling Athena will have a huge impact soon, but then will conveniently depart and go on hiatus indefinitely and do yearly cameos after that.
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 07:09   Link #1686
zibi88

some people in last pages keept sayinh that athena was wrong and how hayate should stay with at the end....

but well people keep forgetting that thx to Athena Hayate is who he is now.... she changed Hayate and Hayate changed Athena..... Athena gived Hayate a place to belong after what his parents did (he spend alone with Athena in that castle more than 3months.... while in real world it was only 5days... [1real world day = 18 in castle])..... athena used that magic to make hayates body stronger.... she was the one that teached hayate the buttler work and the same how with hard work he can gain things... [with hard work he gained money to earn the ring for athena]

If Hayate was not in the castle with Athena he wouldnt be now who he is..... he wouldnt have body power and that with hard work he can gain things or help people..... so in future his parents would sold him anyway but he wouldnt have strenght to fight the mafia and could end up dead...

Time showed that with his hard work he met Nagi later he could go to school in Hakou and meet Hina ect. so anyway this is kinda all thx to meeting Athena... she created this current Hayate.....yet 10years passed.... he remembers her.... and now he learns that Athena remembers Hayate (since she is sensetive on A-tan nickname that only Hayate is allowed to call her with)

We dont know the reason why Athena was in that castle from the beggining... but if we look closely on the End of World arc. we can notice that on 1panel when haayte went outside to work.... there is Athenas picture on a newspaper..... so she run away from home.... or something like her parents died and she becomed the only possesor of her parents money and that was in the news....

Athena is no longer in the castle becouse if I remember she mentioned that Nagi's grandfather has stolen something from her and she closed the door for the time beign till she wont recover that thing.... (I guess Nagis grandfather was looking for a way to bring Nagi's mother back to life....)

Anyway I hope for Hayate and Athena to have some time alone 1v1 so they could talk with each other about things they have on their heart and mind..... but he thing that Athena got so pissed from only hearing that someone else is useing the nickname taht Hayate gived her [A-tan] and her expression when she was behind the door while blushing and saying hayates name... shows that she still has feelings for him

The only question is why she cant be like that in front of Machina.... is it becouse she doesnt want to show her soft side to others (sicne she is allways serious and gloomy ^^) or is is that becouse of her noble status.... like she is supre rich while Hayate is only a poor buttler....

Time will show but anyway cant wait for their reunion where they can talk open heartly...... Hayate has to admit that she was right about his parents and that he is sorry for yelling at her and stuff.... it would be nice if Hayate could use senzein possibilities and find the ring that he got from Athena (the one that his parents sold it)
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 00:49   Link #1687
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
some people in last pages keept sayinh that athena was wrong and how hayate should stay with at the end....

but well people keep forgetting that thx to Athena Hayate is who he is now.... she changed Hayate and Hayate changed Athena..... Athena gived Hayate a place to belong after what his parents did (he spend alone with Athena in that castle more than 3months.... while in real world it was only 5days... [1real world day = 18 in castle])..... athena used that magic to make hayates body stronger.... she was the one that teached hayate the buttler work and the same how with hard work he can gain things... [with hard work he gained money to earn the ring for athena]

If Hayate was not in the castle with Athena he wouldnt be now who he is..... he wouldnt have body power and that with hard work he can gain things or help people..... so in future his parents would sold him anyway but he wouldnt have strenght to fight the mafia and could end up dead...

Time showed that with his hard work he met Nagi later he could go to school in Hakou and meet Hina ect. so anyway this is kinda all thx to meeting Athena... she created this current Hayate.....yet 10years passed.... he remembers her.... and now he learns that Athena remembers Hayate (since she is sensetive on A-tan nickname that only Hayate is allowed to call her with)

We dont know the reason why Athena was in that castle from the beggining... but if we look closely on the End of World arc. we can notice that on 1panel when haayte went outside to work.... there is Athenas picture on a newspaper..... so she run away from home.... or something like her parents died and she becomed the only possesor of her parents money and that was in the news....

Athena is no longer in the castle becouse if I remember she mentioned that Nagi's grandfather has stolen something from her and she closed the door for the time beign till she wont recover that thing.... (I guess Nagis grandfather was looking for a way to bring Nagi's mother back to life....)

Anyway I hope for Hayate and Athena to have some time alone 1v1 so they could talk with each other about things they have on their heart and mind..... but he thing that Athena got so pissed from only hearing that someone else is useing the nickname taht Hayate gived her [A-tan] and her expression when she was behind the door while blushing and saying hayates name... shows that she still has feelings for him

The only question is why she cant be like that in front of Machina.... is it becouse she doesnt want to show her soft side to others (sicne she is allways serious and gloomy ^^) or is is that becouse of her noble status.... like she is supre rich while Hayate is only a poor buttler....

Time will show but anyway cant wait for their reunion where they can talk open heartly...... Hayate has to admit that she was right about his parents and that he is sorry for yelling at her and stuff.... it would be nice if Hayate could use senzein possibilities and find the ring that he got from Athena (the one that his parents sold it)
well...for the love of god I must tell you zibi-bro, that all of them already charmed by pink lady and forget the past or the root of what caused Hayate to become an attractive poor butler

So we A-tan fans which is minority in this thread just need to shut up and see them rejoice before the time come for A-tan ojousama to strikes back

and yes..me too always waiting their proper reunion, not the last poor reunion (fu*k that Hata bastard) :angry:
if he is one of my opponent in the incoming Kung-fu tournament, I'll make sure he receive some of my "gratitude"

bold line:
If it the case, she can ask Machina to leave or arrest Hayate in some room which only her can enter. While in the room she can show her true self to him. Or...may be she is retarded? you know.. Tsundere-thingy

Last edited by surerman; 2009-07-28 at 01:02.
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 01:16   Link #1688
Slayer007

Well that is typical of Hata. Keeping the mood light most of the time and not diving into serious convos yet. Come to think of it, there weren't many occasions where he had the characters in multiple serious convos progressively from the previous chapter to the next and the next without taking any breaks..

Quote:
There is nothing really substantial in that argument. That's basically saying "my favourite character showed up first; so, (s)he should end up with Hayate." That's nothing but a child's argument, in my opinion.
And I didn't mean in that way. I meant that Athena getting together and mixing casually with the other characters would be a hard scene to picture because, all the other characters barely even know her cept for Hina and maybe Izumi and a few. And considering Athena's attitude, it's kinda hard to picture her socializing with the bunch. But ah well. That's my opinion anyway.

Quote:
So we A-tan fans which is minority in this thread just need to shut up and see them rejoice before the time come for A-tan ojousama to strikes back
Well, I wouldn't say it a minority anymore since the poll thingy in the anime woulda sparked curiosity in the norm fans to read the manga. A possibility for more a-tan fans.
Slayer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 02:45   Link #1689
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
There is nothing really substantial in that argument. That's basically saying "my favourite character showed up first; so, (s)he should end up with Hayate." That's nothing but a child's argument, in my opinion.
For me that's not a matter who come first, but about his promise to be together forever. A Promise is a sacred thing (at last for me ) and to break that is very serious offense. Hayate do it to A-tan just because misunderstanding over her statement about his parents, which is truly f*kin bit*h and resulting the couple divorce (which make me very sad)

So in this present day, he must fulfill that promise and not bond him self with other ojousama or girl or pink or hamster or maid. In Japanese culture he must do Seppuku for his action betraying his first ojousama whose he pledged to be together forever if he does it purposely
Old 2009-07-28, 06:26   Link #1690
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

Hey guys, I'm sort of new here but I've been following the forum for a little bit now. I'm not sure how things go but I did have a few things I wanted to bring up.

First off, am I the only one who thinks that Athena could be a total yandere? I'm not saying that she is now, but Hata could make her one if he ever wanted to drive her popularity down. The whole blushing behind the door thing left me thinking that instead of being a normal tsundere, she may end up being really cold and callous to Hayate in person and secretly start obsessing over him. That would make his date with Hina quite interesting if she were to witness it though...

Secondly, I think it's entirely possible that Athena may have been introduced solely to bring Hina and Hayate closer together. For one, in the anime the two of them seem faaaar more into each other than anyone else, which is only made more obvious because of Nagi's general apathy with a few exceptions. Since both of them seemed to get to know Athena only to be hurt by her (in a sense) it could serve as yet another mutual point in their past. If, however, that didn't happen then at least Athena would be a sufficient challenge to getting Hayate's romantic attention that she'll actually be forced to act on her feelings for once.

Still, nice to be on the forums, hope you guys kind of get what I'm talking about.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 07:57   Link #1691
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Isint chapter 235 coming out this week.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 10:14   Link #1692
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
May I ask, is that the chapter being released there right now?

Wow, if that's correct does that mean that english releases are 1wk late? I mean ch234 in english is about to be released this week.
Old 2009-07-28, 10:26   Link #1693
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

the scanlations are caught up to the current releases (of course there are still gaps to be filled)
Old 2009-07-28, 12:43   Link #1694
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer007 View Post
And I didn't mean in that way. I meant that Athena getting together and mixing casually with the other characters would be a hard scene to picture because, all the other characters barely even know her cept for Hina and maybe Izumi and a few. And considering Athena's attitude, it's kinda hard to picture her socializing with the bunch. But ah well. That's my opinion anyway.
Once again, you've barely got any argument mate. Hinagiku knows her, the funny trio knows her, chances are good that Nagi, Maria, Aika and Chiharu know her. It wouldn't be odd if Isumi knows her (since she attends to Hakuō as well, and she also seems to have some knowledge about the Royal Garden). With them, the only important girls who probably don't know her would be Ayumu and Sakuya. And there's no problem at all if they don't know about Athena.

Anyway, as for an antisocial personality, we really cannot tell that as of yet. She seemed to have become somewhat close with Hina, until the nickname deal failed. We don't really know much about her in that regard. Additionally, even if she is antisocial, Nagi is also like that, and that hasn't hindered the story in any way. So, once again, you've got an invalid argument, and/or a faulty opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
First off, am I the only one who thinks that Athena could be a total yandere? I'm not saying that she is now, but Hata could make her one if he ever wanted to drive her popularity down.
The question is, why would Hata want to drive her popularity down? The same could be applied to any of the other characters. For example, Hinagiku is in no way a central character in this story. So, in order for Hata to have a Nagi or a Maria end, he can have her do some things the fans won't like, in order to make her popularity go down. Seriously, you can apply that to every single character.

Anyway, the reverse is also possible. Athena, with barely 10 chapters into the story, has already ranked in 5th place in the popularity poll. That means the fans really like her character. Hata can easily boost her popularity by giving her more spotlight and development. Personally, although I see it quite difficult, I think given a proper development, it wouldn't be impossible for Athena to take the #1 spot in the popularity polls from Hina.
Old 2009-07-28, 13:13   Link #1695
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
May I ask, is that the chapter being released there right now?

Wow, if that's correct does that mean that english releases are 1wk late? I mean ch234 in english is about to be released this week.
which one? RAW? Translated? or Scanlation? oddly, some of Indonesian Publisher (Elex Media Komputindo) have much chapter a head from scanlation or translation. Never mind.

the Raw in Raw-paradise...

edited:
look like Game8910 already answer your question sorry for being slow this training take my OL time for a while
Old 2009-07-28, 13:38   Link #1696
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Anyway, the reverse is also possible. Athena, with barely 10 chapters into the story, has already ranked in 5th place in the popularity poll. That means the fans really like her character. Hata can easily boost her popularity by giving her more spotlight and development. Personally, although I see it quite difficult, I think given a proper development, it wouldn't be impossible for Athena to take the #1 spot in the popularity polls from Hina.
Even though I would love to see that happening Hinagiku has reached a level where no one will be able to come even close at this point. But Athena ranking #2 is very possible.
I am hoping when her arc gets animated the masses realize the fantastic character that she is
Old 2009-07-28, 13:38   Link #1697
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

[/QUOTE]
The question is, why would Hata want to drive her popularity down? The same could be applied to any of the other characters. For example, Hinagiku is in no way a central character in this story. So, in order for Hata to have a Nagi or a Maria end, he can have her do some things the fans won't like, in order to make her popularity go down. Seriously, you can apply that to every single character.

Anyway, the reverse is also possible. Athena, with barely 10 chapters into the story, has already ranked in 5th place in the popularity poll. That means the fans really like her character. Hata can easily boost her popularity by giving her more spotlight and development. Personally, although I see it quite difficult, I think given a proper development, it wouldn't be impossible for Athena to take the #1 spot in the popularity polls from Hina.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, it may be a kind of hint as to the end of the manga, or a false lead of course. The Hina end seems very likely to me since she has so much on screen time with Hayate in the anime. Isumi also retained her feelings more and may only be hiding them better in the manga. It's still too early to tell obviously, but my idea was if Hata actually planned on Athena being a yandere. It's actually a brilliant plan if he is going to do this intentionally as it begins by finally showing more of Hayate's past, then it mentions a first love and provides the motivation and circumstance for why he is the way he is now. But, all of his issues with the past have to be laid to rest, and if Hata plans for Hayate to move on and eventually notice one of the other girls (which he really should have done by now anyways) then he needs a definitive way to show that Hayate and Athena are not right for each other. At the same time, the way this manga goes I wouldn't be surprised if they played some kind of stalker-ish crush on Athena's part for laughs as well. I really can't wait to see where they're going to go with her character!
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 18:15   Link #1698
Used Can

Yeah, I've never tried to deny that a Hinagiku end is quite possible, but so far, she's only been a character that revolves around romance. She's never been a central character, even back when the story barely had any kind of plot. That's why I've always thought (even back when she was my favourite character), that her popularity alone wouldn't help her to end up with Hayate. Certainly, she's been granted far more scenes than any of the other support characters, but that doesn't mean she's received more development.

In fact, you can argue 2 important points: 1) In terms of how much she has done to 'advance', Ayumu has done far more; so, in this regard, the latter has been much more developed - even if she's received far less scenes. 2) In terms of how much Hayate has developed a fixation on them, although it's been shown he feels something for Hina, the same thing has been shown for Ayumu. In Maria's case, it's been shown at a degree a bit larger, and Athena surpasses them in that regard by far. So, in the end, all we can say for sure is that Hinagiku has only received more scenes, but not necessarily more development.

Now that the story has received a plot (which keeps on expanding), how deep will Hina go into it? I can see some possibilities (e.g. her parents may have some relationship with Mikado, and they may be holding one of those King's Gems), but if she remains as a support character, how far can she go? When a plot starts moving fast, generally only the characters who are actually related to it move, whilst the rest remain stagnant. If Hina is never tied to that plot, that's what will happen to her. And, if that happens, it wouldn't be odd if her popularity goes down, whilst that of those characters who are tied to the plot goes up.

That's why I've said that Hina losing her popularity is very, very improbable, but not impossible.
Old 2009-07-28, 18:49   Link #1699
Trans-Fat

I can see Hata making various side routes for each characters, just as a dating sim goes, just to appease to fans. I would love to see Hata choose one main heroin that Hayate would end up with, but I would also love if Hata made side stories of "what-ifs" with the other girls. I can see a lot of fan-fiction when all said and done.

On a side note, some people forget that Hinagiku was "never suppose to be" this popular; whereas even the mangaka was surprised at her populartity (more popular than he thought she would be). I agree with what Used Can said about Hina losing her popularity is "very improbable, but not impossible".
Trans-Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 19:33   Link #1700
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Finally, a chance for me to speak.

If you're talking about scanlation, no. Chapter 234 is coming out. If you're talking about netabare(spoiler), then yes.

Seriously, doesn't anyone in this forum know basic principles of an idol? No boyfriends. Hayate is being forgiven by (some) fans because he looks like a girl. But then again, some other fans just hate Hayate for touching girls they like (making her cry, groping her etc). Doesn't anyone think that Hina being popular will drag her away from her being with Hayate? And for separate ending routes, Hata has been drawing some of them in the inner cover of volumes (though all of them are plain comedies)
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen