AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-12-30, 06:59   Link #2041
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
It may not really be RP, but it sure as hell is funny.

I can't help but find it funny every time someone who plays an mmorpg says rp is fail.

As for me, since I'm currently on a normal realm, I don't rp that much, but sometimes you find a group that feels like 'playing along' I have standard macros on some of my skills to spice up things during a battle, like when I summon a Ghoul Kharan always says "Rise, my minion! Rise and serve your master!"

It feels great, and sometimes I even get whispers about it. Some are the standard 'nerd!' or 'lol! relol RP n00b!' but I also get whispers of people saying it's fun to be in a party with me because things happen outside of what usually does in an instance.
I've actually seen quite a few people do things like that (macro phrases into spells), even though I'm on a normal server. It's actually more annoying than anything else, since it spams the chat log with useless stuff. Maybe its cute once, but after the 50th time I just wanna strangle them.

Once, for revenge, I macroed something into my lightning bolt spell (something like: Taste Thunder! Pew pew!"). Note that I hit the lightning bolt button about 50 billion times in a given battle. Yeah... people told me to turn that off pretty quickly, although we had a good laugh about it afterwards.

More on topic, I'm not an RPer, but I don't have any problems with people who do (other than the spam problem as mentioned). I kinda like doing things like saluting Thrall, cowering from Arthas, commenting on Brann's discoveries in HoS, etc. Other people sometimes play along, or say things like "shut up and give me the treasure box," which I guess is a kind of playing along.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 07:23   Link #2042
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
I kinda like doing things like saluting Thrall, cowering from Arthas, commenting on Brann's discoveries in HoS, etc.
I'm much the same now. I did a little RP back in my EQ days but in WoW its more just spur of the moment stuff that leads to a joke of some description. Otherwise its just discussing certain aspects of lore like that Brann event, I love stuff like that.

Did a lot of stuff in the Guide program though, that was a lot of fun. Was good to get a bunch of people interested in an event who went along with it, but was also fun just interacting with people and watching/talking. Well when their wasn't any petitions to answer QQ. Kinda glad there isn't anything like that in WoW though. The system sounds good in theory but had its faults in practice.

I found the text macro's in WoW to be really annoying, because people spam the hell out of their buttons. In EQ I did it for a couple of my spells on my Wizard. Like the big stuff, like Manaburn and Ice Comet (back when it was the shit) oh and Supernova, I just loved the name of that spell. Disintegrate, was cool too but didn't use that much... mainly cause unlike most games Disintegrate in EQ worked as the name advertises and it didn't leave much (anything) to loot. Although I do say to myself when I use Raise Dead or Army of the Dead "Rise my servant. Rise and fight once more!"... I think I've seen too much of Noth.

Mmm got a little off track there!

In short I'm a big fan of story driven stuff such as the Brann event and the Wrathgate event, random fighting for the next shiny is kinda boring/disappointing to me. Any RP is usually a spur of the moment purely casual thing these days lasting only a minute or so, WoW just lacks the... environment... for RP like in classic RPG's and I think I have grown out of it over time.
Old 2008-12-30, 10:23   Link #2043
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I never macro any ability that doesn't have a cooldown. And I even have a separate non-macroed Raise Dead for raids, where I usually end up using it multiple times per encounter, depending on the boss.

Any ability that doesn't have a cooldown is an ability that gets spammed, and macroes become annoying when spammed. However, if it has a cooldown that is 5 minutes or higher, you can count on it that I have a macro for it. I can't wait until the next patch, when Raise Ally is a separate spell. My guildies will be wanting to release as soon as possible, unless they want to be Ghouled. >:3

"You serve ME now, %t!"

And Dua is wearing Minion's Bracers too. Oh delicious Irony. >:3
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 13:23   Link #2044
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
I basically use macros to cut down on keybinds, stuff like mouseover targeting, or convenience (all in one pet macro). I usually don't put any flavor text into them, although I have considered making a Hysteria macro that sends an appropriate whisper (Go baby, go?) to the recipient. Oh well, not like that I'm Blood that often anyways.

On the DK front, I'm still waiting for a new ring, cloak, and the damn sigil off of Heigan. The last DK who got it is almost always DW spec now so that makes me sad. On the plus side, I have a completed Nobles deck and 4pc T7 (the bonus is hax). Also 8-manned regular Naxx last night and almost got The Undying except our tank pulled KT while someone was afk and he got killed by the spawning Aboms... Goals now are to finish up BS and Sons of Holdir rep (can't wait till we can trade relics for rep...).
Old 2008-12-31, 13:42   Link #2045
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
A few T8 pics are out. DKs, locks, and hunters look pretty good. Mages and priests aren't bad either. Not sure whether to laugh or cry at the rogue armor lol.
Old 2008-12-31, 17:14   Link #2046
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
I kinda like doing things like saluting Thrall, cowering from Arthas, commenting on Brann's discoveries in HoS, etc.
Yeah, I do that exact same thing too, except mine pretty much revolves entirely around /spit or saying "O rly" to serious npcs. I had a special /spit reserved for both King Varian Chin (that should be his name) and Rhonin, though Rhonin gave me free stuff when I hit 80 so we're cool now. Er, ok, I guess what I do is entirely different.

And speaking of /spit, I had a special one reserved for this guy too when I finally managed to bring him down solo:

Spoiler for nerf dk?:

Yeah, I know it's not really a big deal and that tons of other people have done it, but I was fairly impressed with myself pulling it off 2 levels below him wearing greens. And yeah I am using the default interface there, complete with abilities randomly thrown around everywhere. (But yes I use keybinds)
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 20:42   Link #2047
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Hmmm didn't I kill that guy in the Tundra...?
Old 2008-12-31, 21:24   Link #2048
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Hmmm didn't I kill that guy in the Tundra...?
Yeah, you did. There's a teleporter that takes you to a different place based on faction. Alliance gets that awesome fight against him at the top of the necropolis to help Thassarian save his overdramatic sister, Horde just wanders into another part with no scripting or voice acting whatsoever and kills him. Guess that just proves how gar my DK really is though, who needs Thassarian, just kill him 1 on 1.
Old 2008-12-31, 22:06   Link #2049
Mr Hat and Clogs

Yeah but Thassarian is awesome. No amount of GAR can compete with that.
Old 2008-12-31, 22:39   Link #2050
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

No.

Old 2008-12-31, 22:43   Link #2051
Mr Hat and Clogs

rofl... the nightmares.. return!
Old 2009-01-01, 04:26   Link #2052
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Only in Northrend:

Lulz that will pierce the heavens.
Old 2009-01-01, 07:30   Link #2053
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I kiss Tyrande or /sleep when I'm getting annoyed with waiting for someone. That's the extent of RP for me.
Old 2009-01-02, 18:17   Link #2054
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I've got bad news for you Mr. Hat and Clogs:

Spoiler for clicky:
Old 2009-01-02, 18:53   Link #2055
Mr Hat and Clogs

Bah, you cannot beat Death! He'll be back, stronger then ever before!
Old 2009-01-02, 18:58   Link #2056
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I've got bad news for you Mr. Hat and Clogs:

Spoiler for clicky:
MONSTER!
DEATH TO THE HORDE!

Old 2009-01-02, 22:24   Link #2057
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Bah, you cannot beat Death! He'll be back, stronger then ever before!
So he's Obi-wan Kenobi, only darker and more emotional.
Old 2009-01-02, 22:35   Link #2058
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
MONSTER!
DEATH TO THE HORDE!

awww Baby ally gonna cwy?
Old 2009-01-03, 00:11   Link #2059
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
awww Baby ally gonna cwy?
Depends on the server.
Old 2009-01-03, 04:22   Link #2060
Mr Hat and Clogs

Problem on Proudmoore you'd have to go looking for the Horde its like they are an endangered species, usually don't see them without 4+ stacks of Tenacity!

(not that I go to Wintergrasp lol other then to go to the raid there!)

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows