AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-02-10, 22:21   Link #2021
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Spoiler:
Fun the raw is out

Spoiler for Chapter 38:
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 00:57   Link #2022
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Spoiler for 38:
Old 2010-02-11, 03:23   Link #2023
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetstorm View Post
*Waits for the reactions of all those people who said volume 3 wasn't going to sell like volumes 1&2 because of the "change".* =P
Hmm I wasn't far off on my prediction..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Medaka Box 3 will probably sell over 70,000 copies in its first week...
Surprised a Beezlebub regressing in sales.. Medaka already passed Sket Dance hmm.. and I hope Mago seriously closes that gap between itself an Bleach over the next year... like 450k to 300k would be nice..
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 17:19   Link #2024
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Spoiler for 38:
Rejuvenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 16:04   Link #2025
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Spoiler:

Was it mentioned how Black White worked her way up from Special to Abnormal? I love the phrasing of "worked her way up" as opposed to awakened or something similar. There's even more hope for Zen right there. What has me interested is exactly how that works. Being abnormal is pretty awesome <_<, so how the hell do you work your way up?

Also, Akune doesn't just have two girls, he has two huge girls. >.> What's his nickname? The Destroyer? <_< Yea, I know exactly what he's been beatin up. >_>
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 16:13   Link #2026
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Medaka 38:

Last edited by Kurosu; 2010-02-12 at 16:28.
Old 2010-02-12, 17:34   Link #2027
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

A lot of the characters look alike, so I wasn't going by that. I found Medaka's name a few times in the raw though.

I want to see more Black White, not Medaka. I was expecting all this to lead up to that knife stuck in her head. Oh well.
Old 2010-02-12, 17:39   Link #2028
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

We're going to see more of Akune in this arc, we'll probably get black white's past when/if she's defeated as we've had with hard wrapping and last carpet.
Old 2010-02-12, 18:09   Link #2029
Arturro

There is a chance next few chapters will be dedicated to student council members. Last few were dedicated for Zen, it looks like next few will be to Akune, I hope Kikaijima will be main protagonist of next chapters. A few at least. They deserve some development.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 16:15   Link #2030
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Spoiler for 38 Trans:
Old 2010-02-14, 16:37   Link #2031
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Zen and that hair . . .

It's funny that Black White doesn't mind Best Pain balancing on her head the entire time.
Old 2010-02-14, 16:58   Link #2032
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Zen and that hair . . .

It's funny that Black White doesn't mind Best Pain balancing on her head the entire time.
Its probably all good as long as she doesn't mess with the knife that is just chilling in her skull.
Old 2010-02-14, 21:59   Link #2033
ZODDGUTS

Another series bites the dust sooner than I expected:

Quote:
Issue 12 Bottom 6:
Rilienthal
Bakuman
Hokenshitsu
Psyren
Medaka
Kanata Seven Change (end)

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=779
With no other series as a cushion Medaka will be dead last from now on. Wonder how long I'll last... but who knows maybe another series could collapse...
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 23:01   Link #2034
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Well, I think these rating are for the battle against Hard Wrapping. Guess people didn't like the fight between him and Medaka too much... or maybe they just can't stand all the talking while action is happening (too much dialogue in the manga).

Could be a ton of different factors.

The problem is that it might just be too weird for main stream tastes.
Old 2010-02-15, 02:18   Link #2035
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
With no other series as a cushion Medaka will be dead last from now on. Wonder how long I'll last... but who knows maybe another series could collapse...
They're introducing 2 series next week and Hunter X Hunter finishes it's run in 4-5 weeks time. I'm betting one or both of Shingami and Rilienthal get canceled at the time Hunter finishes up.

If they were going to cancel Medaka it would've been when it was a bottom dweller with Abakoshi (sp). Not when it has a Vcomic and is outselling Sket Dance (which ranked around the same as Medaka did mind you) and nearly on par with Beezlebub.

Medaka's also outselling Kuroko except it doesn't have the TOC protection and pimping Kuroko has. If Medaka was given a color page every time it was in the bottom 5 like Kuroko we wouldn't even be having this discussion, especially with Medaka's tank sales.

Jump's 2009 linage is Beezlebub, Kuroko and Medaka Box, that's a pretty horrible year, especially compared to 08. Let's hope 2010 is a much better year.
Old 2010-02-15, 03:51   Link #2036
ZODDGUTS

Medaka Box will be safe for awhile but if it continues being in the bottom there's a possibility of being cut like a certain little series called Ane Doki. Also here's a fun fact Jump magazine was one of the few publishers in japan that had an increase in subscription from readers. While its closest competitors sunday and shonen mag dropped. They clearly know what there doing when it comes to cancelling series, even if they sell well in tank they'll cancel it if it does bad in the rankings. Medaka ain't safe just because it's tank vol is selling good.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...lation-numbers
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 04:02   Link #2037
Westlo
Lets be reality

You can't compare Medaka Box to Ane Doki, if Medaka continues it's current growth it's going to be selling 100,000 copies opening week by volume 5. Of course I would've thought Beezlebub's latest volume would break 100,000 too...

Jump's increase is due to One Piece being more popular than ever before as well as Mago and Toriko starting on the path to Gintama/Reborn level popularity. The only thing Jump did with canceling Ane Doki before Neko Wappa and Kanata was cost themselves 100,000+ in manga sales.
Old 2010-02-15, 10:51   Link #2038
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
They clearly know what there doing when it comes to cancelling series, even if they sell well in tank they'll cancel it if it does bad in the rankings. Medaka ain't safe just because it's tank vol is selling good.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...lation-numbers
By that logic, d.gray-man would have been canceled long ago. While Medaka Box certainly isn't on the level of d.gray-man sales, tank sales are certainly important. The thing to note is that sales are increasing, while Anedoki sales didn't have such an increase when it was released alongside Medaka Box, there are probably a lot of factors that went into Anedoki's cancellation, most of which don't apply to Medaka Box.
Old 2010-02-15, 11:01   Link #2039
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

People need to stop comparing this to Ane-doki so much when it was already showing signs of tanking before they got volume results to justify keeping it. They most likely already decided to cancel Ane-doki without even waiting for her volume results and were most likely shocked with how well it did. Even so, the progression between volumes 1 & 2 have been minimal at best so far. In comparison to Medaka which has already gained close to 20K on its first week.

Also Kanata Seven Change just got canceled despite never being lower than 4th from last. Rilienthal, Hokenshitsu, and Medaka have all been lower than it since its debut. If anything, that just goes along with earlier precedents of a series being canceled just for being in the bottom 5 often. Even if it isn't in the lowest parts of the bottom 5 which means there could be stuff slightly higher than Medaka that will get axed.
Old 2010-02-15, 11:54   Link #2040
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

After getting a vomic, I'm surprised anyone actually thinks there's still a chance it'll get canceled. From the beginning, the manga could only rise to the top. Now that there's a vomic, it'll just gain in popularity. And we all know there will be an anime sometime in the future. I wonder if people will still talk about it being canceled after the anime starts. That would be funny, in a sad way.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council