AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2011-05-12, 13:29   Link #8121
madmac

Quote:
Wasn't she (Nagi) supposed to be a successful trader, or has that been retconned to make drama over her lost fortune?
It's hard to say. Nagi has shown confidence in her investment skills and supposedly learned a lot about finance from Mikado, but we don't know how successful she really is at it. Managing the estate was more Klaus's job, it's one of the reasons he was away so often.

She did put the 20 million yen directly into investments and has only mentioned it once since then. (She tells Hayate that "Plan B is stock investments" and then makes a face and says ..."Lets not talk about Plan B.") I guess that might indicate that her investments aren't doing well, but it could always turn around down the road.

I wouldn't say Nagi is actually a failure at everything she does--she's a child prodigy after all, but she often worries that she is.

Quote:
... I don't.
Indeed.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 14:31   Link #8122
AnimeFangirl

Okay, either way I lose.
Old 2011-05-12, 17:52   Link #8123
Used Can

I think it was obvious she wasn't a particularly big hit in the dōjinshi world when we saw her at the end of the Greece arc. I think we simply let Chiharu's own opinion and the fact Luca is a popular idol with a cool personality make us believe she was particularly good. In fact, we even saw her work and it... well, it wasn't the sort of thing that sells a lot.
Old 2011-05-13, 13:50   Link #8124
Shadow5YA

I was under the impression that Chiharu called Luca for doujinshi, since that's what Nagi needed help on. Why would you recommend a person who's just as bad as the person you're recommending to?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 20:49   Link #8125
madmac

Quote:
I was under the impression that Chiharu called Luca for doujinshi, since that's what Nagi needed help on. Why would you recommend a person who's just as bad as the person you're recommending to?
Nah. Chiharu just offered to bring Nagi to the con with her to try and cheer her up. Since she happened to like Luca's doujinshi, Chiharu offered to introduce them to each other and things happened from there. Chiharu never claimed Luca was some kind of expert. Actually she started calling Luca Nagi's "rival" right from the start, which indicates she considers them to be on roughly the same level.
Old 2011-05-14, 19:03   Link #8126
Used Can

It seems the HnG film and Negima's will start getting screened on the same day.
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-1894.html
Old 2011-05-14, 20:29   Link #8127
madmac

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...d-on-august-27

Yep. Aug 27th, to be precise.
Old 2011-05-17, 03:23   Link #8128
Mentar
Banned

Erhm... wow...

Spoiler for c320:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 17:04   Link #8129
Used Can

I had noticed this before, but in the films title, Hata added a quarter crescent moon to it.
He's also been using it in the manga rather usually. I wonder if it has any significance. It makes me think of Artemis.
Old 2011-05-17, 18:48   Link #8130
AnimeFangirl

All right, so she doesn't want to see him over anything important. No reason why he can't tell her the truth now, is there? "Oh but her mental state is all fragile because of her manga--" NO.
Old 2011-05-17, 20:29   Link #8131
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I had noticed this before, but in the films title, Hata added a quarter crescent moon to it.
He's also been using it in the manga rather usually. I wonder if it has any significance. It makes me think of Artemis.
What times has he used it in the manga? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 20:38   Link #8132
Used Can

Many times. I'm not sure when he started using it, but it probably started in the EoTW arc. I remember seeing several times in the Greece arc. And once or twice in the current arc.
Old 2011-05-18, 16:18   Link #8133
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Mmm...I really liked the color pages, this chapter.

Especially the one with Hayate handing the tissues to Nagi.

While the caption-The butler and the ojou-sama, start their game-free, anime-free summer-wasn't exactly deep, for some reason, I got chills while reading it. Ahh...I really love this manga.
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 16:26   Link #8134
Mentar
Banned

c320 made me smile. Why? Because it looks fairly obvious to me that Hata is finally returning Hina to her roots once again: A voice of reason and common sense that tries and manages to HELP and make a real difference. She's been the butt of jokes and always will be. Fine ... but _this_ is why I'm shipping for her.
Old 2011-05-18, 21:25   Link #8135
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

I just want this whole doujinshi deal to reach an end...I wanna reach that one page from that flashforward already!
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 00:01   Link #8136
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So... Hina obviously had spare clothes. She wore them to the meeting with Luka. So, why did Hayate wear the uniform fresh off her back?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 02:46   Link #8137
AnimeFangirl

What was in that color page flashforward? Anything important?
Old 2011-05-19, 06:06   Link #8138
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So... Hina obviously had spare clothes. She wore them to the meeting with Luka. So, why did Hayate wear the uniform fresh off her back?
What are you talking about? Those spare clothes has neither her scent nor her warmth.
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 08:38   Link #8139
Mentar
Banned

You guys are actually trying to tackle this show with logic? Are you serious? ^_^

I'd like to look at it this way:

1) Another great chance to show an embarrassed Hina

2) Another great chance to show a jealous Hina

3) Another great chance to show that when it counts, Hina is a sport

and first and foremost,

4) Another great chance to show a _stripping_ Hina
Old 2011-05-19, 08:55   Link #8140
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
What are you talking about? Those spare clothes has neither her scent nor her warmth.
That would've been awesome. Sadly, Hayate is a blockhead, so doubtful he'd ever come out and notice something like that out on his own. Save it for a compromising closet situation where it's just him and Hina alone together. XD
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen