AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 8 15.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 26.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 38.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-02, 19:42   Link #41
yankky5

heh, that kid looked like yuuya in latrova's flashback no wonder they said he reminded her of her separated son

@yoh Black knight good to see a fellow dxd lover in this forum
Old 2012-09-02, 19:42   Link #42
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by black knight iust View Post
http://www.4shared.com/photo/1X39OVj...ing_kouki.html
i know its a joke but is yuuyas mom possoly russian
http://images.wikia.com/muvluv/image...lf_bridges.jpg
and has light hair apparently
http://images.wikia.com/muvluv/images/b/b7/Fukatsu.jpg
any simmilarties in the moms
cant really tell seeing as ones colored and ones not damn
Yuuya's mom is American, and her hair colour is more look like Stellar than Latrova
Old 2012-09-02, 19:50   Link #43
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
Yuuya's mom is American, and her hair colour is more look like Stellar than Latrova
her famly had too immagrate from somewhere she doesnt look like a native

and yo yank
Old 2012-09-02, 19:53   Link #44
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Best part was the beginning and the end after the credits.

I am really getting tired of that yuuya ( I think it is his name). I am not saying that I want him dead because I know that is impossible. He is such a weakling and is forgetting that he has the only mecha that can use the supergun. Until another American mecha arrives – along with another pilot-, he is very important so he may use the gun as much as possible from long range. Also, he is a soldier so why don’t he listen the orders and the hell shut up already. By the way the kids don’t have the fault of him to be so retarded. It is his own fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
I'm suspecting the Russians trying to dig out Japan's secrets out of the weapon.
I like that idea but I would like more if the weapon would break every time after use or the aliens don’t have a chance. The weapon is just too powerful.
Old 2012-09-02, 19:56   Link #45
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

hes not weak though he is an ace eishi with US tfs
Old 2012-09-02, 21:33   Link #46
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Yuuya is not weak at all.

Other Male leads would sit in the corner and mope around about why they suck for the whole episode. The man has a chip on his shoulder and he wants to prove it to himself even if he is sounding a little reckless.

At least he's staying active and is resolved to change his ways. He's no pushover that's for sure. Yuuya is a really good lead and capable too.

Most of all, it's good to see an adult lead for a change instead of some 14 year old piloting mechs.

Anyways, I like the episode a lot and enjoyed the Yuuya/Latrova talk. It shows that she can read him like a book and that cliffhanger in the end made me so mad. I really need to see what happens next!

I wonder what the body count will be for the next episode? Here's hoping the bridge(s) bunnies make it out alive.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2012-09-02 at 21:51.
Old 2012-09-02, 22:56   Link #47
Destined_Fate

Well, look at it like this. Yuuya wants to fight like the rest of the team. However he's regulated as the Support Fire guy. Not the most enticing position to be in and there's little room for glory. People would much prefer hearing about someone like Tarisa tearing through BETA in melee than that Yuuya fired a really cool Railgun after sitting around watching everyone else fighting.

It's a pride thing.
Old 2012-09-02, 23:06   Link #48
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Well, look at it like this. Yuuya wants to fight like the rest of the team. However he's regulated as the Support Fire guy. Not the most enticing position to be in and there's little room for glory. People would much prefer hearing about someone like Tarisa tearing through BETA in melee than that Yuuya fired a really cool Railgun after sitting around watching everyone else fighting.

It's a pride thing.
True... Yuuya wished to be one with the team and not be behind...

Now... the underground things.... all hell breaks lose....
Old 2012-09-03, 08:09   Link #49
John117xCortana

Is Ivanova afraid that Yuuya is going to steal her 'mother' away from her ?
Old 2012-09-03, 08:34   Link #50
Destined_Fate

Seems so, Yuuya appears to be a chick magnet after all. I'm sure even she will warm up to him eventually.
Old 2012-09-03, 09:00   Link #51
rafael1932
claymores pimp

I guess that we are not supposed to talk freely around here. In the claymore section is not like here. When people talk – and don’t agree- they make a post and don’t give bad reputation like grow up people. If they do I would have – 88989 reputation points right now. It is like it doesn’t even matter to give good reputation because people will come with stupid arguments just to have the excuse they need to give bad reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post

It's a pride thing.
Well, yes but he is a soldier and it is his function to put himself before the army objectives and not act selfish. Just imagine that everybody in the army would do what he is doing? Would call that an army to start with? In a war, the one that is organized is the one that has the best chance to win like the roman empire that used to fight bigger armies. He is just messing around with his superiors to do what he wants instead of asking politely if he may or not and shut up after. Just imagine the chaos that would be if everyone would do what he thinks is better.

And the cherry on the top of the cake is that he does not have right in this case. His mecha is not working very well and the support fire guy must be done in the end of the day. That’s why he should give up his position so a new mecha could arrive from America to replace him. Of course he should wait until the next mecha arrives and do the support thing.

Would say nothing if he was someone that could be killed in the story but he is one of the main character.
Old 2012-09-03, 09:46   Link #52
Destined_Fate

Yuuya though has always been a loose cannon, he has mellowed out but he's still the independent dude as before. Besides, those kids taunting him for saving their asses because he wasn't allowed to fight was pretty wounding for Yuuya. So yes he was being reckless however Yuuya wises up when he remembers the Russian Chicks' words and decides not to sortie after all. Of course the guy that calls the shots overruled everyone and forced Yuuya to launch anyway.
Old 2012-09-03, 09:59   Link #53
maximilianjenus
[E]

This is the last episode from this director, right ? I wodner how things will turn out in the next episodes since there is a lot of room for improvement with the current one.
Old 2012-09-03, 10:32   Link #54
Destined_Fate

I expect a lot of deaths for here on out.
Old 2012-09-03, 14:21   Link #55
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Yuuya's not weak, he's just very impressionable. He allowed the soviet team's trashtalking to get to him, when really they were speaking out of sheer envy more than anything. While it is true that melee combat is probably more demanding than basically being a railgun operator, the fact is that Yuuya was the decisive factor in that last battle, as Yui herself pointed out.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this episode. I like how Yuuya and Yui's relationship has taken a complete 180 from where it was at the beginning. The two now have tremendous professional respect for each other, and I could tell that Yui is terrified of the prospect of losing Yuuya as a casualty of war (which is why she wants to keep him out of melee fighting on the front lines).

Chobi has amazingly grown on me too. It's honestly cute how dere-dere she is for Yuuya now, always picking up for him and showing that she cares for him.

And next episode, more BETA! I've actually come to like most of these protagonists, so I'd honestly like most of them to survive. But to be brutally honest, I think I'd like to see most of that Soviet team become BETA-Brunch. While I get why they feel the way they do, I also found their trash-talking of Yuuya to be pretty reprehensible. The guy just basically saved their lives, and this is how they're reacting to him?
Old 2012-09-03, 18:16   Link #56
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Those Soviets are getting annoying as hell. Watch what happens next week. Nice to see the BETA aren't dumb.
Old 2012-09-03, 20:04   Link #57
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Yeah, I pointed that out in episode 9 thread when it came up. I've never heard it, or any phrase similar to that used in any of the Russian war and/or army themed movies that I've watched. But ah, I guess it being their version of "gung ho" makes some sense, anyway. Thanks.
IIRC, some Soviet/Russian units used "Urrah" as a warcry/moto call, similar to how the US Army uses "Hooah" or the US Marines use "Oorah".

Regards the episode itself, I really, really like Latrova. It's not just that she's smoking hot, but she's also an awesome pilot, and she knows when to turn off being a hardass and just give Tasha a hug. She could really give Yui and Yuuya major pointers. Balancing being the tough badass who keeps Zhar in line, with also being the Team Mom & Dad combined, with Tasha being the older sister to Zhar.

I think it's quite clear that Latrova has managed to gain a strong balance of fear, love and respect from her pilots, which speaks to her abilities. (Regards Machiavelli's famous quote, the full text is that being feared is more reliable than being loved, because the love of the populace is fickle, and that above all you must not be hated, and the best is to be respected.)

Also, she's very self aware - there aren't many characters I've seen who can call someone out, and then calmly accept other people calling themselves out. She can't be any older than her mid-30s, but she's got that calm poise.

As for Yuuya's development, I'm quite pleased that he's begun to put aside his ego and that whole Top Gun American Fighter Jock for the sake of the mission. Becoming quite humble in this ep (especially for an American fighter jock) was a wonderful thing to see, especially with his team arranging themselves on the fly to get the best possible outcome.

Contrasting with episodes 3-5, I am very pleased with how Yui and Yuuya have grown up. I do hope we get to see her taking to the field in the next ep...

And somehow, Ibrahim gives me the impression that he would really like to conduct Wall To Wall Counseling with Yuuya, but not in public.

Edit: Also, best scene of the episode was Latrova being a mom to Tasha.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2012-09-03 at 20:49.
Old 2012-09-03, 21:59   Link #58
LeoXiao
思想工作

I think it was either luck or good writing when Latrova asked the rhetorical question: "So America must not have any racial or ethnic disputes, it must be a nice place", a question that not only puts Yuuya's earlier dismissal of Soviet behavior in perspective, but also draws out his own concerns/insecurities regarding ethnicity, i.e. his own Japaneseness.

EDIT: It wasn't really a question, but w/e
Old 2012-09-03, 23:45   Link #59
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Too bad no Scarlet Twins in this one.
Old 2012-09-04, 01:51   Link #60
Destined_Fate

Since the BETA are attacking they should be showing up in the next episode, they are the super soldiers after all.
Closed Thread