AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-07-12, 23:46   Link #9061
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...*looks around* Well, nothing new here... Nice to see that other people are picking up on the same things wth this chapter. I hope that it is Juvia that avenges Lucy against Minerva...either that or a flat-out Guild War. It's pretty much the only thing that will be satisfactory to a lot of people across the board.

Minerva might give Ultear a run for her money when she was in 'B**** Mode' from before, but I think Ultear can out-b**** Minerva by MILES... That would be so sweet to have Ultear smack down Minerva <3
All to the tune of:

Spoiler for Ultear vs Minerva :D:

~*~

I can't help but think that Mashima is deliberately 'breaking down' Lucy's mental state for whatever the Eclipse is. Something similar to what happened with Erza and Etherion...
Old 2012-07-12, 23:54   Link #9062
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Spoiler for Ultear vs Minerva :D:

And then Boa Hancock comes in, laughs at both and turns them into stone...leaving without a word.

I'm sorry...I couldn't help myself.

But seriously...I wouldn't mind a Ultear vs Minerva, it's a shame Ultear is not in FT.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 00:03   Link #9063
Chris38

Well, I'm pretty sure that all the humiliation that Lucy has received so far, is pretty much Mashima's way of setting up, whatever happens to Lucy during the whole Eclipse Gate incident, which will probably compensate the humiliation she has received in this arc, so far.

After all, if Lucy is really going to bow down to Zeref, like it has been shown in the drafts released with the 32 volume, and probably go with him to some unknown location, then she definitely would need to become a lot more powerful, then what she has shown, in the current chapter.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 00:09   Link #9064
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, I'm pretty sure that all the humiliation that Lucy has received so far, is pretty much Mashima's way of setting up, whatever happens to Lucy during the whole Eclipse Gate incident, which will probably compensate the humiliation she has received in this arc, so far.

After all, if Lucy is really going to bow down to Zeref, like it has been shown in the drafts released with the 32 volume, and probably go with him to some unknown location, then she definitely would need to become a lot more powerful, then what she has shown, in the current chapter.
See, the problem is that epic moments won't erase all the BS that is being dumped on Lucy. Fact of the matter is that while YES this is most likely a set up for bigger things to come, it still remains that Lucy is being the ragdoll of the arc and it is downright annoying. We will cheer when Lucy does something awesome later on but it will not change the fact that she spent most of an arc being beaten and humiliated.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 00:16   Link #9065
Kafriel
Senior Guest

After this chapter, I want FT to kill one or two Sabertooth members as payback. I know I would <_<
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 00:30   Link #9066
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

For me, the reason why this sits really bad in regards to Lucy is that for the longest, she's been the butt of many jokes/battles. Her opponents haven't really taken her seriously so when she gets beaten, we don't really take it seriously. Kain probably came the closest to doing some major damange to her but that was rectified by Natsu and that hilarious Lucy Fire. Even with Kain crushing her head, it really didn't feel as if she was in real danger...probably because we all knew that Natsu was there and it wasn't going to happen.

With Flare, not only does she lose because of some blatant cheating, but she's humiliated and had her spirit crushed (On her birthday, mind you). With that, we all got behind Lucy because it was so obvious that she would have won that one. It wasn't even Flare that cheated, it was someone ELSE who cheated FOR her.

With Minerva, it wasn't even a contest - Minerva knew it and she still did it, singling out probably the 2nd weakest of the two Fairy Tail Teams and just laying it into her. If Minerva had shoved Lucy out so that she could fight against Juvia - even if she had curbstomped Juvia, we probably wouldn't have reacted as badly as we did since it would have been done against someone who had the obvious advantage in water and who was already an S-class equivalent in Fairy Tail. That would have truly proven herself as being 'strong', but she singled out Lucy because she knew she was weaker, made it so that she couldn't fight back at all, and just laid it into her like a coward. It wasn't a fight, it was just a pure torture session, when it should have been a competitive sport.

For me, that is the biggest reason why I'm upset because it is a blatant disregard for a competitor's fighting spirit and integrity.

I don't know why Mashima did it this way and I'm kinda upset that he's pretty much allowing this to be done to Lucy but...I'll just have to see where he's going with it. Still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 2012-07-13, 00:33   Link #9067
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialguy View Post
I Haven't raged at a manga for a long time, but thus chapter is an exception. Aquarius should get her priorities straight. If her summoner needs help, help her! I hope she gets yelled/scold/bitchslap at by her boyfriend.
You are now aware that Aquarius will be spanking Lucy again for losing her keys.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 00:36   Link #9068
orangejuicetang

I was interested to see that when the author included the reaction shot of the other Sabertooth members clearly enjoying the way the match was going, that he didn't include Rogue, who considering what we know of him now, probably wouldn't be enjoying it like the other Sabertooth members. Honestly, does anybody feel like Rogue is the only decent Sabertooth member, or do you think there will end up being some sort of twist where he's as bad as the rest. Personally, I'm hoping he remains as at least their sole 'good' member.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 00:36   Link #9069
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
See, the problem is that epic moments won't erase all the BS that is being dumped on Lucy. Fact of the matter is that while YES this is most likely a set up for bigger things to come, it still remains that Lucy is being the ragdoll of the arc and it is downright annoying. We will cheer when Lucy does something awesome later on but it will not change the fact that she spent most of an arc being beaten and humiliated.
Well, you got a point, but it's not our fault that Mashima,at the moment, is using pretty drastic measures on Lucy,

After all, this arc is, or rather , since the 7 year time skip, is pretty much portraying Lucy in her worst period of life.

First, she has learned that her father has died, just when she decided to "make up" with him.

Then her humiliating defeat against Flare, which occurred on her birthday.

And now this...

The poor girl, just can't catch a break lately, but I think that there is a reason, why Mashima is doing such horrible things to her, and the most likely reason is to make her transition to "the dark side" (of course, assuming that Zeref is going to be a "bad guy"), a lot more smother, even if it's only going to be a temporary one - after all, if such humiliating events are going to keep happening to someone, any normal person would snap at some point, and it might be the thing that Mashima is aiming for...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 00:42   Link #9070
sergel02

Did i miss a chapter, or is it still out tomorrow?
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 00:42   Link #9071
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
FUCKING BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know who I mean.

Goddamn, I can't believe I have Sabertooth more then freaking Grimoire Heart. I mean, GH had it's assholes, but that was a DARK guild. And Sting. STING. I can't wait for him to get his ass kicked by Natsu. Go RaiEnRyu on his ass and teach him what a real Dragon Slayer is. I can't believe that idiot actually thinks he would have defeated Acnologia. GODDAMN IT SABBERTOOTH!!!!

PS: I'm really getting tired of Aquarius. So far, she's the only spirit who doesn't seem to give a crap about Lucy. Basically, she's a bitch, and can't understand why Scorpio would actually date her.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 01:04   Link #9072
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It makes you wonder, doesn't this kind of bullying reflect on Sabertooth's image as a guild? Who in their right mind would want a bunch of sadistic monsters with huge egos do any kind of job for them?
Old 2012-07-13, 01:13   Link #9073
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Did anyone notice that Lucy only use female summons in this battle?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 01:58   Link #9074
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Yet again Lucy did not use Gemini(to copy opponent).

Lucy becoming the weak link again......almost pathetic to watch in this chapter.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 02:03   Link #9075
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Yet again Lucy did not use Gemini(to copy opponent).

Lucy becoming the weak link again......almost pathetic to watch in this chapter.
There are a lot of reasons she might not have. She already summoned them the other day. They do have contracts. She only really got a chance to use two spirits, Aquarius and Aries, Virgo just kinda popped in lol. You would think Aquarius would be super powerful, but it showed that Juvia matched her. Also Gemini can only store two transformations at a time.

On another note, Juvia's secret technique was cool. And full of love <3
I wonder if someone else will replace Lucy now, since she seemed beat up bad. Maybe Levy?

This chapter i think helped more for vilifying Mirvana than cheering for Lucy. We already kinda are, so minerva's beating of lucy served as a conduit to instill some hate towards her. Before she didn't seem that bad. Now she's the worst in the guild.

Like father like daughter i guess. Though her father i think is better.
Old 2012-07-13, 02:06   Link #9076
Kafriel
Senior Guest

She lost her keys...again. Aquarius bailed when things got rough and Lucy didn't keep any spirit around after using Aries/Virgo - she was defenseless from that point on. IMO Elfman would have been a better pick for this kind of match, but of course it had to be Lucy who plays the punching bag as if it's a public execution.
Old 2012-07-13, 02:48   Link #9077
sergel02

lol reading your comment, this is exactly why Mashima chose Lucy over anyone else. He knew it would get people riled up, and it did so fantastically. It was some nice writing, and a good writer makes you feel emotions, strong emotions. And that's what most of us are feeling seeing how bad Lucy got beat up and how cruel and sadistic Minerva, and to an extent all of Sabertooth, are.
Old 2012-07-13, 03:29   Link #9078
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
I think Minerva's going to fight Mirajane next. That would... be entertaining. Mira fights best against slightly sadistic opponents, and then overpowers them.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 03:48   Link #9079
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Man for some reason i feel angry at Aquarius more so than Minverva.

I mean like what the hell. Of all the Celestial Spirits Lucy has she's the worst bitch you can ever find, running away when the situation appears to be unfavorable. And it's not like she was gonna lose or anything, she just does whatever she likes. Even so Lucy still trusts her and stuff.

None of the other Celestial Spirits would ever do this. Bitch made me finally rage against her.
Old 2012-07-13, 04:17   Link #9080
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
You are now aware that Aquarius will be spanking Lucy again for losing her keys.
If I was her and had the keys back, the first thing I'd do is break the Aquarius key. The consequence of her refusing to help this time around has completely destroyed the running gag forever, this better lead to some char development of Aquarius because I don't find her bitching around funny anymore. She better show some serious guilt as well

But I agree with sergel02, good way of riling people up. Only few writers manage to perfectly antagonize a character (or group of). The last time I had that feeling was in OP when the World Nobles were introduced at Sabaody.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen