AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-03-07, 20:06   Link #2081
Gillian
sitting on NxF bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Which oneshot is this now?
I start looking for your post and I edit mine, when I found the post

found it:
Quote:
I'll try and maybe get something up... Either a chapter of something or a oneshot or something by the end of the week but... I'm just not sure.
Quote:
I think I might be able to type up a nice teaser of about... The middle-ish of the chapter. I was going to make it a "interlude", a sort of special sneak look at a section of the story I wouldn't publish, but I think I'll include it but you all get to see it first.

edit1: page claim dedicate to Sam the Onion for his fic

Last edited by Gillian; 2008-03-07 at 21:00.
Gillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 20:08   Link #2082
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Doesn't this discussion sound like something to be done in the Magic & Tech thread maybe?
I mean it IS about a Fanfic but... You know.
I think this appropriate for this thread, as it's swapping ideas about how to make a fanfic work, not simply discussing the technology itself.

As for more food for thought........ hmmmm.....

How about this:

In the past,several years, something of the TSAB was on earth. Maybe a soldier, an storage device, ect. Maybe even a crashed space ship. The government took it and hid it from public knowledge and studied it, mimicking the technology. This would explain in your AU that Earth was more advanced.

When the TSAB come, and Earth's weapons are useless against mages, they fight fire with fire, and send out special ops trained in the use of storage devices. In stead of magic they would use batteries. Like a cartridge. Load a battery of fusion energy into device and BAM, instant mage.

Gundams= int. devices
regular= storage devices

Earth's favor: Batteries are limitless with no drawbacks. A mage uses their own energy and are subject to fatigue.

TSAB's favor: A strong mage can easily kill lesser targets.

What do you think?
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 21:28   Link #2083
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Hmm...interesting concept, however, very difficult to pull off for a number of reasons.

The TSAB is far ahead of Earth for one thing, meaning that they would have the upper hand, which includes far more advanced sensors than anyone else.
Yes, if they were within normal bands of competence.

As actually observed, their magisensors are very good at detecting and getting good visual recon (forward deployed searchers?) of high magienergy (and very similar other energy) targets. Otherwise they might as well not exist. For example, they didn't begin to have a clue that Dieci and Quattro were there despite them being very exposed on the roof until they Dieci charged her cannon (if they had a good multispectrum complex, those two will have shown up on thermal eons ago). They were similarly clueless about Lutecia and Zest in Ep7. They are also easily jammed by explosions (see how Dieci manages to white-out TSAB sensors, even though the explosion was not really that big (helo obscuring size) and their communications are vulnerable to similar interference (note the blackout and then static filled comms from Nanoha) or Quattro's EW - maybe we can even do the same thing.

They don't even have a concept of SIGINT. We can thus talk on our radios without any encoding. The first thing we would do, if we ever learnt about magicomms (as we would in this scenario) is learn to intercept and DF them. Thus, we'll listen in to all of their insecure communications - at most it'll be 50:50 if we can't do that.

Quote:
Secondly, don't forget that if need be, they can erect an AMF on Earth if need be. Since people on Earth will most likely be nowhere near the level power that say StrikerS Nanoha and Fate have, they will not be able to use their powers, because it's just not strong enough. So basically TSAB just has to set that off, and then send in their strongest, meaning their AAA+ and S+ mages in to deal with the situation, since they'll be able to wade through the AMF, and still be able to defend themselves.
1) They won't. They won't even create a real AMF for training, instead opting to play with the devices. If someone is willing to deploy AMF it'll be Terra.
2) Anti-AMF is a matter of training - the Forwards show this.
3) As actually observed, they don't have enough AAA and S mages for Midchildra let alone fighting Earth.

Quote:
Thirdly: Even if Earth advances, we would not have the level of technology, to even dogfight against a TSAB fighter. They'd shoot the fighters down before they even left the runway.
Actually, if Scarlietti's fighters, Vice's helicopter and Fate's car are any indication, in terms of performance of their mecha, they do not really have much, if any, advantage.

Quote:
Fourth: If the TSAB wanted, they could call in a large enough fleet to perform an Exterminatus and just wipe out Earth if things go way too far, but then again, that would have to be an absolute Last Resort to pull something like that off.
That's what they'll wind up doing.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 21:36   Link #2084
Junkedcat
Floater

To add on to the discussion about ways earth could combat the TSAB, Earth could also have been researching more powerful mass based weapons. In StrikerS the numbers took out the Ground Force's (What i assumed was) mass based Anti-Capital Ship weapons before the Cradle rose. I guess it would be safe to assume that the TSAB fleet would still be vulnerable to physical weapons... Pound a protection system hard enough or long enough and it should shatter.

Just a suggestion.

Ok, to what i got online to do...

@Satashi, you write interesting things when your hungry...

@Sam...
Spoiler for for thoughts on the last few pieces...:

As for Landscaper!Fate I'm up to ~1,150 words on the first part of the second chapter. Thats about 2/3rds of the way though of what i want to get posted in the next installment. Problem is I'm beat and I don't think i will get much more done tonight... Sorry, but i will give you a little peak.

Spoiler for Landing...:
Junkedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 22:45   Link #2085
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Yes, if they were within normal bands of competence.

As actually observed, their magisensors are very good at detecting and getting good visual recon (forward deployed searchers?) of high magienergy (and very similar other energy) targets. Otherwise they might as well not exist. For example, they didn't begin to have a clue that Dieci and Quattro were there despite them being very exposed on the roof until they Dieci charged her cannon (if they had a good multispectrum complex, those two will have shown up on thermal eons ago). They were similarly clueless about Lutecia and Zest in Ep7. They are also easily jammed by explosions (see how Dieci manages to white-out TSAB sensors, even though the explosion was not really that big (helo obscuring size) and their communications are vulnerable to similar interference (note the blackout and then static filled comms from Nanoha) or Quattro's EW - maybe we can even do the same thing.

They don't even have a concept of SIGINT. We can thus talk on our radios without any encoding. The first thing we would do, if we ever learnt about magicomms (as we would in this scenario) is learn to intercept and DF them. Thus, we'll listen in to all of their insecure communications - at most it'll be 50:50 if we can't do that.
Nothing on Earth can intercept the Psycommu system... yet.
Old 2008-03-07, 22:49   Link #2086
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by toran View Post
I'm curious, Has anyone done a Gundam Seed cross/fusion before? I was thinking along the lines of a retelling of Seed using characters from Nanoha. Instead of Gundams, it's magic/staff weapons.

Spoiler for Story idea/plot:

Your idea is very similar to mine (Military stenght vs Magic), just that in my doujinshi it isn't a war between the TSAB and earth, but between the TSAB and a nation called The Tecno - Union Imperie, a country in wich the use of Magic is prohibited and it has lots of machines designed to take down mages (You know, things like Bullets that penetrate Magical Shields and weapons that damage the Magical Link Cores of the mages).

Your idea sounds interesting thoug, I suggest you that think in a better reazon for the War between Earth and the TSAB
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 22:49   Link #2087
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Nothing on Earth can intercept the Psycommu system... yet.
I'd more concerned if Earth can even develop the system....
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 22:59   Link #2088
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
@ Earth VS TSAB idea:

Not really good...

Why invade a possible ally/planet with no idea of what's really out there?

Most of my ideas are "Battle for Earth" types... in which the antagonist group tries to take Earth for "something" (In my book, that is Earth's hidden magical potential) and the Earth suffers... but then the TSAB come in and so on...

*must be the crack talking*

My current Fic idea set AlternateS, revolves around such a scenario- in the first it's about a war over a set of special devices that can 'circumvent magical laws'...

The second is much more brutal and complex- the "Feathers of Memory" Straight from TRC... "A group of powerful Lostlogia that must not fall into the hands of *static*- this one will include a lot of OCs, CC from both Nanoha and other series...

*imagines (Adult!) Sakura K. fighting along Nanoha*

Why did no one comment on my previous posts!!!

Old 2008-03-07, 23:01   Link #2089
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post

Which previous post? Did you change your icon again? @_@
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 23:08   Link #2090
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
*imagines (Adult!) Sakura K. fighting along Nanoha*

Correct

[Saint X] You are in good health, physically and mentally... You are in complete control of yourself... Your faith has not wavered and your sanity is still whole... you are indeed still with us and alive and kicking...

now have some cake...
[/Saint X]

Quote:

Note that I haven't posted here all day. I (almost) always respond to your posts because they normally have something that perks my interest in them...
Old 2008-03-07, 23:09   Link #2091
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
I'll let Bridget here take care of this...

*Bridget picks up Aria Company GN Oar and proceeds to whack Satashi with it*

BACKLOG BREAKER REVERBERATION x2!!!

*Bridget continues whacking Satashi with the Aria Company GN Oar*

===

@ Fuyu:

Monomane KINSHI!!!
Old 2008-03-07, 23:35   Link #2092
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Well, my doujinshi is going very well, but in the afternoon, I think in this funny short story of Nanoha, let me shou you, a bit of Mexican humor if you like

Spoiler for Vivio:
Old 2008-03-08, 04:51   Link #2093
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:

Oh c'mon, it's not like every post gets commented around here... even ones that are addressed to someone in particular...
...so no need to go off on a tangent because no one said anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toran View Post
I'm curious, Has anyone done a Gundam Seed cross/fusion before? I was thinking along the lines of a retelling of Seed using characters from Nanoha. Instead of Gundams, it's magic/staff weapons.

Spoiler for Story idea/plot:
Well you've got a good bit of work ahead of you if you intend to convert the mecha world of gundam seed into the magical girl world of nanoha (or the other way around)...

...let's see:
Spoiler for saving space:

right, that's my suggestion, make of it what you will, hope it helps
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
SpaceBrotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 05:24   Link #2094
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Correct

[Saint X] You are in good health, physically and mentally... You are in complete control of yourself... Your faith has not wavered and your sanity is still whole... you are indeed still with us and alive and kicking...

now have some cake...
[/Saint X]

The Cake is a Lie.
Old 2008-03-08, 05:31   Link #2095
Sam the Onion
Fading in-between

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian View Post
edit1: page claim dedicate to Sam the Onion for his fic
O.O

Secretly hopeless goal 2# completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkedcat View Post
@Sam...
Spoiler for for thoughts on the last few pieces...:
Spoiler for Hiding:

Quote:
@ Earth VS TSAB idea:

Not really good...
I'm going to stay far away from this conversation as I haven't watched even one episode of Gundam.

Quote:

Quote:
Power of the FF Thread
Unique-equipped
Trinket
Reguires FF - Friendly
Equip: Immunity to Backlog

And for today's scenarios.

Spoiler for Scenarios 37, 38, 39, 40 & 41:

Spoiler for Special:

Last edited by Sam the Onion; 2008-03-08 at 14:00.
Sam the Onion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 08:14   Link #2096
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam the Onion View Post
*links own Tabard*

~~~~~~

Tabard of the Outer Cadia Shock Troopers
Unique
Tabard

Requires Sons of Cadia - Exalted

Equip: Gains Immunity to Backlog.
Equip: When in Bluecheesium, you have a 50% chance to effortlessly generate additional length to your next post.
Equip: When hit by Epicsicum, you have a chance to get +1000 to all stats.
Equip: When hit by WAFFles, you have a chance to get +300% to movement and mounted speed. You are now weightless.

Use: Shines a Light from your heart, dealing 999,999 damage to CRACK pile.

"A trophy commemorating countless victories over Khrack."

~~~~~~

Old 2008-03-08, 08:16   Link #2097
Sam the Onion
Fading in-between

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
*links own Tabard*

~~~~~~

Champion of Outer Cadia
Unique
Tabard

Requires Sons of Cadia - Exalted

Equip: Gains Immunity to Backlog.
Equip: When in Bluecheesium, you have a 50% chance to effortlessly generate additional length to your next post.
Equip: When hit by Epicsicum, you have a chance to get +1000 to all stats.
Equip: When hit by WAFFles, you have a chance to get +300% to movement and mounted speed. You are now weightless.

Use: Shines a Light from your heart, dealing 999,999 damage to CRACK pile.

"A trophy commemorating countless victory over Khrack."

~~~~~~

I smell haxx
Sam the Onion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 12:27   Link #2098
Gillian
sitting on NxF bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam the Onion View Post
I'm going to stay far away from this conversation as I haven't watched even one episode of Gundam.
I only saw Gundam Wing^^

Last edited by Gillian; 2008-03-08 at 12:39.
Gillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 12:35   Link #2099
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Don't worry, it happens with me all the time. T3T
Old 2008-03-08, 12:47   Link #2100
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Don't worry, it happens with me all the time. T3T
Oh, but i just went and did a quick search of the posts Saint X has in this thread...
including today, every post he has done since 4th has been commented atleast once... so i find it weird that he's pouting, as i've some big posts of my own that have been without any comments what so ever and i've yet to throw a tantrum because of it...
It happens to everyone, i think i've even seen a post or two that satashi did that had 0 comments...
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
SpaceBrotha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha