AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-31, 09:02   Link #21
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

What is actually baffling with this whole affair is that all responsible parties just added insult to the injury: it isn't really surprising to have dirty deals, unpleasants incidents behind the scenes, but making it publicly and even pushing it is just disgusting.
Frankly, we still have no idea who is the "culprit", but some people really digged their grave big time, particularly Terashima who just couldn't stop making fun of Ichiki the whole frigging time, even if the latter managed the break the ice by pulling a calm "I will never forgive you" at the end of the event. If that wasn't enough, his comments during the kokoro connect radio segment just confirms the impression he -really- enjoyed that.

Likewise, that member of Eufonius made that comment completely out of the line: I mean, he isn't even involved in the seiyuu industry, is he? That was more than just beating the dead horse, that is flat out malicious.

The seiyuu industry is already too much of a "survival to the fittest", so having such kind of public incident is really beyond bad taste. That's even more disturbing when you consider the fact that Japanese arguably don't like public humiliation (save if the broadcasted program has the said purpose: usual silly mini games etc).

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-08-31 at 09:14.
Old 2012-08-31, 09:20   Link #22
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Could someone explain to me why Kitamura Eri is being burned for a show she's not even in?
Old 2012-08-31, 09:23   Link #23
sa547
*Author

^
Yeah and I heard some bunch of nuts trying to firehose her Twitter account with spam.

Amazing, and I thought this only happens in mainstream entertainment (we call this as "crab mentality", that is, a loser maliciously dragging down a successful person).

From what was described, it's a complete shitstorm, and unless a public apology is issued (and some Japanese are supposed to do this if they screw up), the backlash will damage the reputations of everyone else involved.

BTW, I recognize Ichiki -- he's Yuuki Fukuzawa.
Old 2012-08-31, 09:26   Link #24
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Cmiiw, but I heard it's because KitaEri is alleged as Yamanaka's ehm...you know...

Dunno if that's true.
Old 2012-08-31, 09:26   Link #25
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

And so it begins, the greatest shitstorm of our time.

It's often things like this that bring out the true colors of our idols... and this also teaches the parties involved about dealing with people who act like this behind the camera.

They, especially KitaEri, are lucky. If the Hell Correspondence really existed, one of them would be sent straight to Hell.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-08-31, 09:27   Link #26
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Could someone explain to me why Kitamura Eri is being burned for a show she's not even in?
Because she's rumoured to be producer Yamanaka's favourite (or in 2ch's own words: his slut). She apparently gets frequently casted in his shows and he retweets her on twitter and etc. That's roughly the gist of what I managed to find.
Old 2012-08-31, 09:32   Link #27
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So, what? They're just carpet bombing everyone in sight? If they're doing this to her, I cannot imagine what's going on with the regular VA cast that are actually on the show.
Old 2012-08-31, 09:38   Link #28
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
So, what? They're just carpet bombing everyone in sight? If they're doing this to her, I cannot imagine what's going on with the regular VA cast that are actually on the show.
This is a.... special case, cause the ones attacking her are really just /a/nons being dicks (pun intended). She may be listed as a target by 2ch but the whole dick incident is purely on this side of the internet (4chan).
Old 2012-08-31, 09:39   Link #29
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Well, you know how it is. Nothing new with internet anons doing things like this. The sad thing is that we can't really do anything about it until the flames died out by itself, at which point the casualties would well fall beyond the original intended targets.
Old 2012-08-31, 09:40   Link #30
s07195
However,

So then what's gonna happen to the franchise now? I really hope they take care of this incident in a satisfying way...
Old 2012-08-31, 09:42   Link #31
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Not very good news.

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2012-08-31, 09:43   Link #32
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
This is a.... special case, cause the ones attacking her are really just /a/nons being dicks (pun intended). She may be listed as a target by 2ch but the whole dick incident is purely on this side of the internet (4chan).
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Well, you know how it is. Nothing new with internet anons doing things like this. The sad thing is that we can't really do anything about it until the flames died out by itself, at which point the casualties would well fall beyond the original intended targets.

Then I stand by what I've said-most of these guys don't really give a damn about the real victim.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-08-31 at 17:30. Reason: Do not talk about rep
Old 2012-08-31, 09:46   Link #33
Key Board
Carbon

I wasn't there when it happened, but to my understanding..

The Kitamura Eri thing is actually actually someone using the whole situation and using it to grief Kitamura Eri

and since some people who are experiencing mob mentality don't bother to verify information, they follow along

why Kitamura Eri? someone who is unrelated to Kokoro Connect scandal you say?

because someone doesn't like Kitamura Eri very much, and it has only gotten worse after Madoka aired. Don't bother trying to explain internet hate.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2012-08-31, 09:47   Link #34
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

A blog translated the content from this Youtube video:

Quote:
Takuma Terashima said that “It was fun seeing a human being break like that”, while Hisako Kanemoto laughed at Ichiki san for not having a role in the anime, and about how he still accepted the promotional manager post in the end, as he doesn’t have a choice. She mocked him, saying something like “Didn’t you want to do this though?(the role) You seemed so enthusiastic about it!”
Looks like the main culprits are the two seiyuu aforementioned.

EDIT: Wow, I left out the T in Takuma's name while bold-tagging it, and it read as "akuma" for a split second. o.o

Old 2012-08-31, 09:48   Link #35
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm waiting for the typical sensationalist internet tabloid rags (i.e. Sankaku) to pick it up and blow it all out of proportion.
Old 2012-08-31, 09:50   Link #36
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
You don't even need Sankaku to blow it out of proportion. What I have seen on 4chan is more than enough. Sankaku will look like slowpoke and Arte TV (the typical cultural channel) in comparison.
Old 2012-08-31, 09:51   Link #37
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ I'm actually surprised that ANN hasn't picked it up yet.
... Or I haven't found it.

Old 2012-08-31, 09:52   Link #38
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

In any case, Kanemoto Hisako probably just buried her career.
Old 2012-08-31, 09:53   Link #39
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Yeah, and to think she just started compared to the others...

And here we go with KitaEri's response on Twitter:

Quote:

"This is a big shock, it's very intense, I'll try to hang on with my work..."
Also, 4chan /a/'s response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by various /a/nons
WHAT? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY KITAERI, /a/???

Oh hell no. Leave KitaEri out of this

F#ck any f##### who spams KitaEri. I'm mad.

Too late. I already told these guys but they wouldn't listen.

There was a bullying incident with some VAs that mocked and humiliated another small time VA infront of a live audience, out of /a/'s stupidity they decided to attack Kitamura Eri via twitter and not the main culprits/the main bullies.

/a/'s logic was that KitaEri was liked by the bullies, so if we attack KitaEri this will hurt the bullies - stupid when you consider the bullies have twitter accounts themselves.

Old 2012-08-31, 09:53   Link #40
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Still, it's abit extreme if they end up boycotting the LN and it's author who have zero to do with this.
Exactly...that's the real victim here

More importantly......The idea of a Kokoro Connect van going around cities clocking hundreds of Km in mileage is O__o

http://anago.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/moeplus/1346416369/

2ch thread for anyone interested

Quote:
This is getting a lot more out of hand seeing how /a/ was tweeting pictures of their dicks to Eri Kitamura, to say nothing about 2ch themselves marking her as a potential firing target for supposedly being producer Takahiro Yamanaka's slut. Riya of Eufonius is also listed despite only the other half of the group, Hajime Kikuchi, being a total asshole.

Well, it's certainly going to be interesting what all this leads to by the end of the day...
The people on those "kuso anime" threads are generally just concentrated hot air...their BS doesn't easily affect saner parts of the fandom