AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-10-12, 23:15   Link #801
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Huh... I was going to give this a pass but the Random Curiosity images (very lush colors and art) just put this on a "check it out". Yeah, yeah, I know everyone thinks the source is better than gold but the descriptions just weren't getting my attention. Attitude is now changed.

off-topic: series do not get forums based on whether they are "worthy" as has been explained thousands of times by now. The choices are made on the basis of meaningful post traffic, the appearance of many conversations (e.g. images, episodes, character analysis, etc). It is a post management issue, not a "worthy" issue. We have series that are utter crap by most people's standards that get subforums and absolutely beautiful ones that don't -- because that isn't the sole criteria.
Old 2010-10-12, 23:21   Link #802
MartianMage

Meh I'm not that eager for a subforum. The moment Bakemonogatari/Kannagi got a subforum the discussions kinda died out(spread out, yeah I know but I don't like opening many threads). =/

And Oreimo is ok in my books. Liked it a lot better than K-On(well TBH I never really liked K-On lol).
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 23:49   Link #803
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato View Post
Meh I'm not that eager for a subforum. The moment Bakemonogatari/Kannagi got a subforum the discussions kinda died out(spread out, yeah I know but I don't like opening many threads). =/

And Oreimo is ok in my books. Liked it a lot better than K-On.
Never said it wasn't okay. What I read of the manga and novels I liked. While it was a bit generic for my taste and really tweaked the siscon angle to a unnecessary degree (note to Kyosuke: read Hamlet and pay particular attention to Claudius in the scene where he's watching the play), it was fairly smartly written, with likable characters. It's just not my cup of tea, which is perfectly fine, as I'm not forced to watch it.

Way back when, Love Hina was probably my first big introduction to anime, and certainly my first real introduction to harem. But...and it may sound weird to say this in the TWGOK forum...it's a genre that I've really started to grow out of. You really have to wow me on a different level to keep my attention if you're even remotely haremish. I know there are very few real harem anime any more that weren't eroge at some point, but shows like TWGOK and OreImo are really their spiritual successors. TWGOK's humor and tongue-in-cheek attitude towards its own premise really drew me in, and I have been rewarded by some great humor, inspired homage, and some pretty damn good writing. OreImo just didn't show me anything new.
Old 2010-10-13, 01:12   Link #804
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
can't wait for Tommorow! woooooh~
Yeah I will agree with that one. Should I make some avatars again or GIFs...... why don't you just blurt out request.......at this time of the episode or this part with x character and x character doing this or that. It would be easier for me since it's something most would like to have saved.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 01:34   Link #805
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

You know, a subforum is nice, but as others have said, I guess one thread may be all we need.

The only reason I could think of to have one anyway would be character discussions, but because characters are integral to the plot, that can be done in a single area. SO NEVERMIND.

Also, C'mon Wednesday, be here already!~~
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 01:53   Link #806
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The manga of TWGoK have a huge fanbase. But the anime probably will not be yet...

In fact, while this series is the highlight of the season for me. I doubt if the 1st season of TWGoK gonna take much attentions. It was the character exploration and development that won the cake for me, unlike most other famous anime (with shocking plot development, emotional moment or character designs). Basically TWGoKs and Angel Beats will be in two ends of the scales for me, and i prefer the former by miles

Btw, about shocking plot development, TWGoKs will have some real shocks, but it will be really later on
Old 2010-10-13, 02:26   Link #807
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Yeah I will agree with that one. Should I make some avatars again or GIFs...... why don't you just blurt out request.......at this time of the episode or this part with x character and x character doing this or that. It would be easier for me since it's something most would like to have saved.
Seeing that I'm still avatar-less I'll take you up on that offer if I see a scene I really want to be in my avatar.
Old 2010-10-13, 02:52   Link #808
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Re: Subforum: As Vexx said, there a whole variety of factors that come into play, so please don't "whine" or think that it is some sort of judgement about the quality of one show over any other. We are carefully watching all the threads to see what franchises will benefit most from a sub-forum based on the staff's collective experience and current discussion trends. We do tend to prioritize decision-making on shorter shows, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
As of this writing, of the 16(!) threads in the OreImo subforum, only two have more than a page of posts...
As of your writing, the forum and all the rest of the threads were less than 12 hours old...

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Neither series is "worthy" at this point. [...] The reason why OreImo gets a subforum is simple. K-on! is finally dead, and OreImo is being groomed to be the consensus mindless moe replacement. [...] The AS mods just see the writing on the wall and are clearing out the necessary space ahead of the zombie horde.
No. Just... no. I did like how you spoke with so much presumed authority, though!

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I actually had heard a lot of manga readers go on and on about the manga for a long time, but hadn't checked it out. Checked out the first episode of the anime, though, I quite liked it. There are definitely a lot of interesting parallels/ideas here, and the visual design is really nice. I also liked the music; nice arrangements. Will definitely keep checking it out.

The thing that struck me (and again, I have no familiarity with the source) is that doing this in games is one thing, but after a while of doing this in real life it's really going to start grating on him. He's going to have to keep seeing these girls every day with his memories intact (even though theirs are gone). It'll also be a problem when he finds "the one", I imagine. Anyway, that's probably a long ways off.
Old 2010-10-13, 03:20   Link #809
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I actually had heard a lot of manga readers go on and on about the manga for a long time, but hadn't checked it out. Checked out the first episode of the anime, though, I quite liked it. There are definitely a lot of interesting parallels/ideas here, and the visual design is really nice. I also liked the music; nice arrangements. Will definitely keep checking it out.

The thing that struck me (and again, I have no familiarity with the source) is that doing this in games is one thing, but after a while of doing this in real life it's really going to start grating on him. He's going to have to keep seeing these girls every day with his memories intact (even though theirs are gone). It'll also be a problem when he finds "the one", I imagine. Anyway, that's probably a long ways off.
You are doubting God (Keima)'s ability, aren't you?

But obviously that's have to be one of the main theme of this anime/manga. If he can just reset like the girls, this anime will turn into a combination of loose arcs and i will hate it if that's the case =(
Old 2010-10-13, 04:07   Link #810
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
well it would probably easy for me if Kaminomi has it subforum... just like last season HOTD don't have one its a pain in the ass to read all the comments on the thread..

aside of that watched the 1st episode and i say its a pretty good episode wrapping up ayumi-arc in one go
Old 2010-10-13, 04:28   Link #811
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I woke up today and decided to take a look at the forums before going off, and when I saw the Ore no Imouto section, I knew that this thread would have some complaining

That being said, deciding on which anime gets a sub-forum isn't really as clearcut as it appears. Even with a dedicated user base, you have no way of knowing if the sub-forum won't die off after a while (e.g. Sora Kake, Kashimashi) some times you get an anime with a small following (Kannagi) getting more activity. And then you have the ones filled with negativity after the initial excitement ...

I think for the time being, one thread is enough. It's not like there's much to talk about anyways from one episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Problem is, who can be ''the one''? As you seen from this episode alone, he was far more concerned in saving his own neck than trying to get the spirit out. He's clearly (at this point in time) more interested in what goes on in his PFP than the actual world, so I wonder of there is really any girl out there that he would manage to grow an interest in, let alone love.Unless she was interested in galge as well :P

Still, I'm more of the opinion that it's going to take more than a staged event for him to start feeling something romantic (he did seem to care about Ayumi a bit, though I doubt it was love) but normally yes, this is going to take a large toll on him emotionally. Though I don't think it would be immediately due to Kemia's nature as he looks able to keep his emotions in check. But no matter how detached he is, there will be a point where he's going to start getting colder or will just crack from the events (much like people working at host club).
Old 2010-10-13, 05:18   Link #812
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

But we already know who his one true love is... YOKKYUN

*fleeeeeeeeeees*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 05:21   Link #813
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

On the assumption that there is ever going to be "the one" then it has to be KeimaxElsee.

Yes I've been a First Girl Wins shipper from chapter one page one and I'm not ashamed to admit it!
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 05:22   Link #814
Bombo
TSF Fans

I'm just shocked about subfourm....
If ppl talking about posting before aired that Most reason cared for the anime and have own subfourm...
But....

edite :
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

*fleeeeeeeeeees*
ROFL ROFL

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-10-13 at 09:54. Reason: removed the pointless image...
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 05:32   Link #815
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

*fleeeeeeeeeees*
QFT

Not to mention everything that Keima says need its own bible.

'There is no bad heroines! There are only bad games!' - Kami-sama
Old 2010-10-13, 05:56   Link #816
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
On the assumption that there is ever going to be "the one" then it has to be KeimaxElsee.

Yes I've been a First Girl Wins shipper from chapter one page one and I'm not ashamed to admit it!
Actually, shouldn't that be Ayumi? Elise is just the mysterious girl

Damn, wish there was devil smilie here

anyway, gotta run!
Old 2010-10-13, 05:59   Link #817
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well if we were really being chronological about it, FGW would be she who is possessed who should really not be mentioned yet in this thread.

Or maybe Elsee should adapt Yokkyun qualities minus the bad artwork.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 06:54   Link #818
Kagayaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowegear View Post
but we already know who his one true love is... yokkyun :d

*fleeeeeeeeeees*
*clears throat*

LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD LOOOAAAAAAAD!!!

*flees as well*
Old 2010-10-13, 06:59   Link #819
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Actually, shouldn't that be Ayumi? Elise is just the mysterious girl
Arabesque brings up a very good point.

New scan:

Old 2010-10-13, 07:05   Link #820
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Arabesque brings up a very good point.

New scan:

Ah I posted that one a few pages back. Anyway... looking at Ayumi again. DAT ASS!

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen