041 - 050: Below Average... 1 3.13%
031 - 040: Bad... 1 3.13%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: Even G.I. Joe made more sense than this crap... 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-03, 18:40   Link #21
Kallen4life

Itachi's still one of the strongest ninjas we've seen in the story (illness aside), so Shisui could well be ~Kakashi-level and believably lose .. or he didn't wanna fight his BF and let himself be killed .. they eye thing could well be countered by a regular sharingan from an experienced user

the other eye could also be stolen .. or still in the corpse .. I don't think it'd be a problem for Danzou to steal the eye after Shisui's burial (do they cremate ? I assume both eyes were intact when Shisui's corpse was found)
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 19:32   Link #22
Fran~
floating away...

Shisui... don't forget how were those days in Konoha... Uchihas were planning a coup, we don't know if every Uchiha was ok with that. Sameway we got a Kakashi Gaiden i demand an Uchiha's Massacre Gaiden
Old 2011-03-03, 19:40   Link #23
Petbe
Wingless Angel

Anyone else surprised by the animation? They seemed to have changed the style of animation particularly for the closeup shots. I know the Sakura one (with the eye) was a big difference, and than the last shot of Naruto. Oh, and the eye's from Shikimaru. It just seemed like they put in a lot more effort this episode with the eyes.
Old 2011-03-03, 19:55   Link #24
Fran~
floating away...

Yup, between the fillers season i posted that they were testing new things probably for these arcs.

Sakura's eyes close-up were well done, with the marks of the tears and all.
Old 2011-03-03, 21:44   Link #25
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio the Omega View Post
Bad things like what? He dealt with two konoha missing nin Orochimaru and Itachi doing more too clean up Konoha's past messes than anyone else has.
It doesn't matter, Sasuke still deserted the village to be with Orochimaru. It was only because of Tsunade that he wasn't already labeled a rouge ninja a long time ago.
Quote:
As too kidnapping Killabee cloud tried to kidnap two konoha shinobi without war so why shouldn't a konoha shinobi get a chance to kidnap a cloud.
There shouldn't be war in the first place since Sasuke is no longer legally considered part of Konoha. War will only happen if someone from Konoha tries to avenge Sasuke's death and either succeeds or gets killed. Then the problem might escalate from there into a war.

The point is, whether or not there is war between Konoha and Kumo depends on Naruto, Sakura, or Ino. They can't seriously expect Kumo or any other village to not do anything about Sasuke, who is already a known rogue ninja and has ties to Akatsuki.

And I'm not talking about morality here. I'm talking about the political situation. This is different than the Hyuga incident since the Kumo ninja that was killed then was still a member of Kumo.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 22:21   Link #26
sayde

It's been awhile since I've fully agreed with anything Sakura had to say. When she stated "he's foolish enough to like someone like me", I felt inclined to applaud. Unfortunately, much of the rest of this episode was filled with sasuke-related moments that were just as cringe-worthy to sit through as the last few eps. It's sickening to see so much well animated emotion get poured into worrying, fretting, and crying over this guy.

And it's even more sickening to entertain Shikamaru's example of how his death could lead to war. Mainly because it's hard to have any empathy for those who'd seriously try to avenge his death. Because honestly, if I had a close friend or family member who made the conscious decision to abandon his home (& his/her friends and family), join a gang of criminals, and/or do some other highly illegal activities in the process, I hardly see myself going out of my way to avenge their death should he/she ever get what's coming to 'em--especially if said friend/relative proved more than willing to take my own life if I ever tried to get in their way. Hell, if I ever decided to pull off crap like this, even my own mother wouldn't think twice about turning me in herself.

So it's unfortunate, because this entire situation only serves to make Naruto, Sakura, and even Ino come off as incredibly stupid and immature to the many of us who can't even begin to relate. It's actually quite a wonder as to how there aren't more people among the main teams who've grown to despise this guy. This has (and will likely always remain) to be the weakest written aspect of the plot for me. But at least it appears to be almost over for now. The upcoming fight looks like fun.

Last edited by sayde; 2011-03-03 at 22:36.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 23:16   Link #27
Fran~
floating away...

Let's see, i agree, Sasuke is a traitor, a rogue nin, a very dangerous one, with very nasty purposes. He is being used as a tool by a ninja even more dangerous than him.

Sasuke is now living the same path of Nagato. Yahiko is for Nagato what Itachi is for Sasuke, They killed Yahiko/Itachi, now accept my vengeance... and of course, Madara is happy using them as tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
The point is, whether or not there is war between Konoha and Kumo depends on Naruto, Sakura, or Ino. They can't seriously expect Kumo or any other village to not do anything about Sasuke, who is already a known rogue ninja and has ties to Akatsuki.

And I'm not talking about morality here. I'm talking about the political situation. This is different than the Hyuga incident since the Kumo ninja that was killed then was still a member of Kumo.
Politically or legally (i don't know ), Yamato was clear, that they reacted very different when they kidnapped Hinata and the Cloud Nin was killed. Konoha had no reason to accept Kumo's demand. Is like someone enters to your house to kidnap your son, and you killed him in self-defense and his relatives ask your body as compensation... they guy was doing a crime!. It fact, if you think it in another way, is very worst the situation, because is like a war declaration because the ninja represents a hidden village. At least Sasuke is a rogue nin and he doesn't represent Konoha anymore.

Hiashi didn't kill the cloud nin for fun... and the right thing to do was to ask some explanation to Kumo and demand the head of the author of the plan.

Now... going to Sasuke... this is not about how Konoha would react... is about how the guys with deep bonds between them will react... do you remember what thought Sasuke when he was about to die against Killer Bee?...

It's hard to explain because of the next events... but i like how Kishi thought this, because this is a loop... Just look at Kakashi's dad, Obito, Sandaime, Jiraiya etc... even Itachi was very clear when he said to Naruto about what he would do in the case that Sasuke would attack Konoha. He anticipated all this.... your duty as Shinobi or your duty as a relative/sensei/whatever... to protect your beloved ones over your village or backwards...

This chapter is about that... i think that the kids for the first time, realized the situation where they are.
Old 2011-03-03, 23:43   Link #28
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Politically or legally (i don't know ), Yamato was clear, that they reacted very different when they kidnapped Hinata and the Cloud Nin was killed. Konoha had no reason to accept Kumo's demand. Is like someone enters to your house to kidnap your son, and you killed him in self-defense and his relatives ask your body as compensation... they guy was doing a crime!. It fact, if you think it in another way, is very worst the situation, because is like a war declaration because the ninja represents a hidden village. At least Sasuke is a rogue nin and he doesn't represent Konoha anymore.

Hiashi didn't kill the cloud nin for fun... and the right thing to do was to ask some explanation to Kumo and demand the head of the author of the plan.
And that's the point. Sasuke does not represent anybody except himself and/or Akatsuki. Konoha probably could have refused Kumo's demand, but it's still irrelevant to the situation with Sasuke. The situation right now is not between Konoha and Kumo, it's between the Raikage/Kumo and Sasuke/Akatsuki.
Quote:
Now... going to Sasuke... this is not about how Konoha would react... is about how the guys with deep bonds between them will react... do you remember what thought Sasuke when he was about to die against Killer Bee?...
Exactly, which is why Naruto and his friends are the ones who will have a direct influence on whether or not the current problem with Sasuke becomes a problem between Konoha and Kumo.
Quote:
It's hard to explain because of the next events... but i like how Kishi thought this, because this is a loop... Just look at Kakashi's dad, Obito, Sandaime, Jiraiya etc... even Itachi was very clear when he said to Naruto about what he would do in the case that Sasuke would attack Konoha. He anticipated all this.... your duty as Shinobi or your duty as a relative/sensei/whatever... to protect your beloved ones over your village or backwards...

This chapter is about that... i think that the kids for the first time, realized the situation where they are.
Indeed, from this episode, it looks like Shikamaru and the others have realized that they will have to deal with Sasuke themselves if they don't want to turn this into an inter-village problem.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 04:33   Link #29
Jerseykid

Madara showing up right next to Naruto was awesome. I was like lets get it on!
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 05:14   Link #30
Kallen4life

Quote:
Konoha had no reason to accept Kumo's demand
except, you know, averting a major war .. which should take priority over pretty much anything, especially some 'bonds' with an international criminal

the whole we'll do anything for Sasuke-Sasuke-Sasuke thing got old and unbelievable for me quite some time ago .. good thing there's other plot to follow
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-03-04, 11:33   Link #31
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
the whole we'll do anything for Sasuke-Sasuke-Sasuke thing got old and unbelievable for me quite some time ago ..
Ok... but we can't do nothing about that, Kishi create that speech about to "save" Sasuke whatever it takes. Those are the things that we must endure if we wanna keep reading/watching Naruto
Old 2011-03-04, 12:51   Link #32
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

I felt bad for Ino. Not for her crying. But for Kishi ruining her character. She got over Sasuke so there was no reason for to want to avenge him. This was Kishi's very lame attempt to drag the other kids into the Sasuke conflict. If it's just Naruto and Sakura, it doesn't work. Dragging Ino into it also means Shikamaru and Choji. This way he can create his cycle of hate bs.

I understand Ino crying, but wanting to kill over that jerk?! She wasn't even his girlfriend! They had no relationship! Ugh. I barely remember my first crush. And lord knows I wouldn't avenge the jerk.

Kiba should have slapped her. Then slapped Kishi for his awful writing.

Oh, I liked the art. Someone mentioned the eyes. Sometimes they mess up Shikamaru's eyes.
Old 2011-03-04, 13:02   Link #33
neshru

More than Ino crying, it was Shikamaru's explanation for why they have to stop Sasuke that was totally weak. The only thing you can do is pretend that he thought it was a good excuse to convince someone as stupid as Sakura.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 13:56   Link #34
Kallen4life

Quote:
The only thing you can do is pretend that he thought it was a good excuse to convince someone as stupid as Sakura.
knowing him, that's probably the case .. or he was being midly sensitive and we didn't wanna say - ok, that duckbutt crossed the line, we'll put him into the ground ourselves before this gets even more troublesome
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-03-04, 16:15   Link #35
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
What Shikamaru should of said: "Hey Sakura, you know that psycho you love? The one who didn't like you because you have a giant forehead? Well we are going to kill him before he pulls us into a war. Any questions?"

Unfortunately that wouldn't work on Naruto who would burst into tears and go berserk if you said anything bad about Sasuke.

And Madara likes peeping on young boys as they sleep.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 19:35   Link #36
defrule

Cool! Madara just ports in.

If Naruto wasn't precious, he could have just killed him.
defrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 22:02   Link #37
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Sasuke- beyond hope?

Yeah, Sasuke is pretty much a jerk. But Pain was a much bigger jerk, what with his freaky zombies leveling the whole Kanoha village...oh yeah, and killing his sensei. Sasuke hasn't done anything too terrible yet- he hasn't actually killed anyone from his own village yet and he treats his followers pretty ok. Maybe he's not beyond all hope?
I mean, don't you have this image of the last and most fantastic battle between Naruto vrs Sasuke happening at some point, Naruto kicking Sasuke's butt, and have some kind of revelation going on- bringing Sasuke back? I mean, after all Sasuke, like Pain, is just a product of the Ninja world. He chose bad, granted, but I mean this kid was really messed up- his whole family and clan murdered before his eyes- and yet he never went to the Kanoha therapist or got his head screwed on straight. Maybe Naruto can knock some sense into him...

I totally agree that the animation in this segment was really awesome- the little details like Sakura's hand's shaking, the bead of sweat on Shikamaru's forehead- really good I totally can't wait till the next episode!
octaviahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 07:41   Link #38
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by defrule View Post
Cool! Madara just ports in.

If Naruto wasn't precious, he could have just killed him.
Madara needs the Kyuubi. He can't kill Naruto. None of the Akatsuki can kill Naruto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octaviahawk View Post
Yeah, Sasuke is pretty much a jerk. But Pain was a much bigger jerk, what with his freaky zombies leveling the whole Kanoha village...oh yeah, and killing his sensei. Sasuke hasn't done anything too terrible yet- he hasn't actually killed anyone from his own village yet and he treats his followers pretty ok.
Uchiha Itachi was from his village. He tried to kill Naruto two times. The first time he decided not to kill him because he didn't want to be like his brother. Sasuke betrayed Orochimaru, too. Orochimaru was his teacher for several years. He gave him the power he desired.

Quote:
Maybe he's not beyond all hope?
He's not beyond all home because Naruto is not willing to give up on him. As long as he has Naruto, he does have hope because Naruto is the hope of the whole ninja world.

Quote:
I mean, don't you have this image of the last and most fantastic battle between Naruto vrs Sasuke happening at some point, Naruto kicking Sasuke's butt, and have some kind of revelation going on- bringing Sasuke back? I mean, after all Sasuke, like Pain, is just a product of the Ninja world. He chose bad, granted, but I mean this kid was really messed up- his whole family and clan murdered before his eyes- and yet he never went to the Kanoha therapist or got his head screwed on straight. Maybe Naruto can knock some sense into him...
I believe that Sasuke will be redeemed and that he will die. There's no way he can return to Konoha, the ninja world or even a normal life. He'll be Namek's Vegeta without Dragonballs.
Old 2011-03-05, 07:54   Link #39
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Sasuke's joined the organization that the ninja world wants dead and he tried to abduct the raikage's brother after severely injuring him (where's Bee atm anyway?). At any rate, forgiveness won't be granted easily...
Best part of this episode was definitely the very last!
Madara: Hay Naruto, I wants to talk to ya~ Love how he just barges in like nothing happened.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 08:48   Link #40
Akachou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Sasuke's joined the organization that the ninja world wants dead and he tried to abduct the raikage's brother after severely injuring him (where's Bee atm anyway?). At any rate, forgiveness won't be granted easily...
Best part of this episode was definitely the very last!
Madara: Hay Naruto, I wants to talk to ya~ Love how he just barges in like nothing happened.
After all Naruto managed to win Pain over. Madara's true power is to make people do what he wants and Naruto is his big rival in that sense. Furthermore, both want to change the Ninja World, don't they? I think he didn't like that. Pain went to Konoha and destroyed it, then he revived everyone and sacrificed himself. Pain was the leader of Akatsuki with Madara as his puppet master, but Naruto cut the ropes and the result was that the puppet master lost his puppet.

The world is yours.
Akachou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion