AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-05-06, 18:34   Link #81
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
This chapter was ok, finally we might be getting to some interesting fights in the next few chapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
maybe a confrontation between naruto, tsunade and A, B?
Confrontation maybe, not sure the jinchuuriki will be too pleased they weren't given the chance to fight. I'm not sure what tsunade and raikage hope to achieve by going to them, but they certainly won't go back to that turtle. I'm guessing they'll calm them down and give them more of a planned role in the war for the second phase.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 09:09   Link #82
Akachou

Naruto has never been as worse as it's now. We don't even get to see the fights we've been introduced to, we can only guess what's happened from the people we see alive.

The world is yours.
Akachou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 12:08   Link #83
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
I wonder...

Kakashi vs. Swordsmen
Gaara vs. 2nd Kazekag / 4th Kazekage ////
and all the other fights I have already forgotten about...
...what happened?

Stupid Kishi really ruined the whole war. He introduced so many intriguing battles but showed none... instead we witnessed all those losers or recently introduced characters fight something that is equivalent to Kage Bunshin...
Intriguing battles or just more filler? Seriously, Gaara crying over his father would have been just a distraction. We already saw Kakashi fight. Beating up on loser swordsmen is the definition of filler. The other fights were pointless.

The problem is that Kishi never made any of these battles important. As if somehow they mattered to the war. And once Madara and Naruto took the field, they became irrelevant outside of fanservice. Ironically the only thing that did matter was sealing Kinkaku and Ginaku .

Anyway, some of those fights will still take place. But they matter little to the plot now that Madara has moved on with his plan. One of the things that really ruined the war was Kishi's insistence on mixing up every damn division and moving them around. What the hell was the point of establishing divisions with specific characters in the first place? It just made everything a jumbled mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
i almost want a terminator style future...where their is a small band of resistance going vs the big bad madara.

but sadly i doubt something like that would never happen.
It won't. That would be too cool. Naruto definitely needs about 90% of its characters killed off.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 13:11   Link #84
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

^Yeah I was hoping they'd have some meaningful battles. It would've been nice to see Kakashi face off against his Dad or something like that, especially after that scene where his Dad was like "I can move on now!!"
Old 2011-05-07, 14:47   Link #85
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Intriguing battles or just more filler? Seriously, Gaara crying over his father would have been just a distraction. We already saw Kakashi fight. Beating up on loser swordsmen is the definition of filler. The other fights were pointless.

The problem is that Kishi never made any of these battles important. As if somehow they mattered to the war. And once Madara and Naruto took the field, they became irrelevant outside of fanservice. Ironically the only thing that did matter was sealing Kinkaku and Ginaku .
This is very true... all of the fights up till now have fallen flat of expectations. Considering those involved it was expected we would get battles of epic proportions but the alliance cleaned things up easily. With the way things played out, all of the fights felt like nothing but filler. Thinking about it, why should we have expecting all these fights to have been anything different. In a sense the only thing kishi denied us was more filler.
Old 2011-05-08, 21:26   Link #86
justavisitor

I know ppl have mentioned before, but I really laugh real hard when I read the line that bad guys lose 50,000 ppl...come on, 99% of that are clones and the remaining 1% are zombies from kabuto..so basically the bad guy kills 40,000 without a single casualty

If I were Madara I would have kept using the clones lol...you don't need any other ultimate plan
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 10:27   Link #87
kirisute_gomen
Senior Swordsman

^
I don't think he wants to kill people. He wants to control them. He wants that peace and he wants to be the ruler of that peaceful world.
Old 2011-05-09, 10:51   Link #88
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirisute_gomen View Post
^
I don't think he wants to kill people. He wants to control them. He wants that peace and he wants to be the ruler of that peaceful world.
Except he'll still kill people that would hinder him from pressing forward with his plan...Like pretty women who once refused Madara access to Nagato's Rinnegan...Pretty women...With big boobs...DEAD

But of course, he can't just kill everyone, because then that would defeat the purpose of his plan...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 11:43   Link #89
james0246

^To be fair, I'm pretty sure Konan stuffed her bra...

Last edited by james0246; 2011-05-09 at 13:09.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 12:40   Link #90
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirisute_gomen View Post
^
that's kind of true lol...but the problem is, does he want to control ninja or normal citizen?? If I were him, I would kill all the existing ninjas, control the citizens, and then start to train some new ninjas XD

but you are right, controlling a huge land without any ppl in it would be kind of worthless
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 14:16   Link #91
Shining Celebi
a

So let me get this straight. Assuming a good fight takes a minimum of three chapters (an estimate on the low side, I would think, since I think most people would name much longer fights as good fights) to get all the exposition, touchy-feeliness, amazing new jutsu, powerups, and so forth out of the way, what you guys want is...

Kakashi vs Swordsmen (3)
Dan vs Chouza (3)
Hizashi vs Hisashi (3)
Gaara vs Kazekage (3)
Chiyo vs Kankurou (3)
Muu vs Tsuchikage (3)
Kimmimaro vs Juugo (3)
Kakuzu vs Kotetsu (3)

...not to mention all the other Akatsuki, all the jinchuuriki, and everybody else who could make for a cool fight. Just those fights I listed explicitly would take six months. All of them, or even most of them, would take years to finish.

I mean, seriously, what? Would anyone enjoy years of fight after fight after fight?

Thank God Kishimoto isn't showing us these fights and is choosing to move the plot forward. Fill in the holes with your imagination, if that's the only reason you read the manga.

(I reckon that's why he didn't kill anybody but Samui and Atsui too - it'd take ten chapters to kill an important character.)
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 17:37   Link #92
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
So if Shikaku Nara is now the Supreme Commander, does he outrank Gaara? What exactly was the point of naming Gaara the Alliance General? Outside of his speech about unity, he hasn't done a thing but hide. He wasn't even suppose to lead a a division. Remember when Temari told Shikamaru that he was basically in charge because Gaara has to command the entire army? Yeah. I honestly think Kishi is making this up on the fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Celebi View Post
So let me get this straight. Assuming a good fight takes a minimum of three chapters (an estimate on the low side, I would think, since I think most people would name much longer fights as good fights) to get all the exposition, touchy-feeliness, amazing new jutsu, powerups, and so forth out of the way, what you guys want is...

Kakashi vs Swordsmen (3)
Dan vs Chouza (3)
Hizashi vs Hisashi (3)
Gaara vs Kazekage (3)
Chiyo vs Kankurou (3)
Muu vs Tsuchikage (3)
Kimmimaro vs Juugo (3)
Kakuzu vs Kotetsu (3)

...not to mention all the other Akatsuki, all the jinchuuriki, and everybody else who could make for a cool fight. Just those fights I listed explicitly would take six months. All of them, or even most of them, would take years to finish.

I mean, seriously, what? Would anyone enjoy years of fight after fight after fight?

Thank God Kishimoto isn't showing us these fights and is choosing to move the plot forward. Fill in the holes with your imagination, if that's the only reason you read the manga.

(I reckon that's why he didn't kill anybody but Samui and Atsui too - it'd take ten chapters to kill an important character.)
We are not out of the woods yet. We are entering the second day and Kishi will need filler. Hence, some of these meaningless fights will still happen. Hopefully Kishi will rush through them like he did with Mifune and Hanzou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^To be fair, I'm pretty sure Konan stuffed her bra...
Being made of paper aside, I wish Sakura could learn how to do this.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 18:54   Link #93
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Celebi View Post

If the fights truly were epic and awesome and NOT half-assed as they have been? then yes they would

I mean even with the fights you mentioned, the time it would take to show those fights is only a little longer than how long it took to deal with the sound battles of the rescue sasuke arc... and no it would not take years to show such fights... afterall one way to reduce the amount of time is by having fights occur together, having several zombies fighting together taking on several ninja instead of a bunch of one on one fights... Furtharmore, we did not NEED to have this many epic players; kishi was the one who decided he was gonna resurrect every single badass to ever exist in the naruto-world; we could have based the war on a fewer number of badasses and thus fewer epic battles... Take Akatsuki for instance, they had some great fights that led to so good deaths; they had a good run for the most part; we didn't really need to see them return for more. Hell what kishi did was worse since before they went on a epic note and now they've been reduced to mere filler villains

And really when it comes down to it, Wars don't usually last only 2 days, it would make more sense for the fighting to last weeks or months in manga time. Hell the reason people laugh at both sides loosing half their forces is because this was just one day and we haven't really felt the loss... However after several weeks of fighting we would find those numbers to be more believable. So, ya if this really is an epic war, especially one that is supposed to lead towards the end of the series as i feel like it is, i would expect it to take a pretty long time to tell...

Last edited by Slayerx; 2011-05-09 at 19:09.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 22:06   Link #94
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Being made of paper aside, I wish Sakura could learn how to do this.
She just needs to take more influence in Tsunade...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 01:07   Link #95
james0246

Chapter 538 Discussion thread has been opened. Please move relevant conversations to the new thread.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 12:50   Link #96
Ushio the Omega

Quote:

I doubt that. The manga is far more read than the anime is watched. Both in Japan and in the West.

But obviously the anime can fill in the blanks left by the manga.

The anime has more viewers than the manga has circulation.

Shonen Jump Circulation 2,876,459 (2010)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shonen_jump

Naruto manga volume 49 sales 1,211,849 (2010)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/ne...me/2010-part-1

Naruto Shippūden September 16 2010 4.5 million viewers

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/ne...eptember-13-19
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote