AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Old 2004-06-26, 13:49   Link #21
Ffenix Rising
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
so the ending of the anime was alot more closed...damned people leaving plot holes...don't they realize plot holes = evil?
An open-ended ending does not mean it's a plot hole; a plot hole is an inconsistency with the main plot. An open-ended ending means... well, an open-ended ending. It's for you to use your imagination how the anime and manga should end.
Ffenix Rising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 08:07   Link #22
Lakbay
<Insert>

Anime v. Manga

Tell me which one is better so I can waste my money on it since I have horrible luck on animesuki
Lakbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 08:58   Link #23
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Made my respective edit in response towards the mods edit. Thank you for your attention.

On Topic
For your question, I'm supporter of both the manga and the anime, but since the majority of the Chrno Crusade folks are devoted and avid readers to the manga then I suggest you to buy the manga first.

From their POV, the manga is just outstanding while the anime for them is just pure junk.

That's all I have to say.

Last edited by Guido; 2004-07-15 at 14:33. Reason: Grammatical errors found
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 11:45   Link #24
jc1104

Send a message via AIM to jc1104 Send a message via MSN to jc1104
We all have different opinions on both the manga and anime, but since they both are related, we tend to compare the two and point out the pros and cons. For those who watched the anime first, what was your opinion? Did your opinion change after you read the manga? There lies your answer.
jc1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 12:20   Link #25
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc1104
For those who watched the anime first, what was your opinion? Did your opinion change after you read the manga?
My opinion upon the anime, as always I have stated, is that it's good, packed with tons of action either serious, doomsady, or comical. Chrno's and Rosette's relationship is fully open and goes straight through without beating around the bush, as the plot thickens.

My only complaints were that Joshua tried my patience, and the anticlimatic finale showdown between Chrno v.s. Aion.

My opinion upon reading the manga later did not radically affected in anyways my appreciation toward the anime.
I'll never deny that the manga is beyond every kind of storytelling narration and embellishing art, that I have ever come across.
What I did was to view both of them differently aside from each other, and yes I will continue to give my support for both formats.

It's just seems unfair that the general population (who will always stick with the manga) has severely attacked the anime format. If 'they' want to punish someone, they should give their heaven's judgment against the GONZO staff that produced the anime.
It's not the anime what is wrong, but the crew that worked behind that made it wrong.

Quote:
There are no bad creations, only bad creators
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 07:25   Link #26
TrueKnight

Chrno's a friggin wimpy wuss in the anime, a complete sissy, not like in the manga, where he's a complete bad ass, and he changes alot into his demon form. Plus he's kinda got bad attitudes in the manga, not like in the anime where he's a complete Saint....well it's also cool though.....but the Chrno manga is better.

Also in the manga, I think they mentioned that Satella liked younger boys, that's why she liked Chrno in the manga faster than in the anime, and yeah she's more loveable and funnier in the manga.

The Aion character was also butchered. He's a bad ass and cool headed dude in the manga, but a complete asshole and jerk in the anime lol.

Rossete was annoying in the anime, but the ending makes up for it, also the part where she kissed Chrno.

Azmaria was also butchered, she's alot more usefull in the manga than in the anime, she kinda reminded me of Sakura from Naruto.

About the ending....well........I would've picked it over the manga...it's superbly well done when Azmaria visited Rossete's grave.....but after that, it's completely ruined...so the manga ending is better for me.

And...don't forget....many other ugly and useless part that they changed in the anime. What the hell were the Gonzo staff thinking anyway? Did they even consulted with Daisuke Moriyama when they made the friggin anime?
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 01:49   Link #27
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
i have a question...
how many volumes does the manga have?
so far i only know of 7...
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 18:26   Link #28
miroki

Go Yebyosh.
I think the manga's much better than the anime.
Aion's funny in the manga while I hate him in the anime.
The anime is still good. It's really good on it's own, but compare it to the manga, it doesn't do the manga justice.
miroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 18:28   Link #29
miroki

Quote:
Originally Posted by sOnJoOL
i have a question...
how many volumes does the manga have?
so far i only know of 7...
there are 8 volumes in the manga. =)
miroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 20:21   Link #30
OrphanedKitty